Aion Classic Discussion

• So first bracket is coccurent players at specific time but what is the second bracket is it number of capped server and why diffrent numbers? Is it just me or China is doing the best can you provide numbers for them aswell? What is for NA cap?

• Game Master should be active everywhere, aion classic or live servers. I dont care if he has wears this {GM Xxx} or he uses standard nick - it doesnt matter. The matter is, to he truly helps to keep the game healthy and also helps players and all community. Such effect gained by his work is the best, what publisher can do for game he is publishing ... Patches from KR moded to EU, cus we R not KR (maybe we will have such custom changes in the future) and a Game Master. Less the third party players = better game and the fun from game what is a magical way the playerbase grow again

• Game Master should be active everywhere, aion classic or live servers. I dont care if he has wears this {GM Xxx} or he uses standard nick - it doesnt matter. The matter is, to he truly helps to keep the game healthy and also helps players and all community. Such effect gained by his work is the best, what publisher can do for game he is publishing ... Patches from KR moded to EU, cus we R not KR (maybe we will have such custom changes in the future) and a Game Master. Less the third party players = better game and the fun from game what is a magical way the playerbase grow again

Tell me when in Aion have you seen active GM, punishing actively abuser beside Private servers ?.

Tell me when in Aion have you seen active GM, punishing actively abuser beside Private servers ?.

:D

• I am applying for a GM position

Pro's:

- I am willing to work pro Bono

- I am very skillful with "Ban Bot" button (can probably spend 5 hours a day teleporting around banning those Ahegdbds and Ldjhfuytrhg characters)

- I am familiar with common bot spots on both Ely and Asmo side

- I have fiber net so that definitely means I can ban dem bots super fast

- I am willing to fly to Abyss and find AP traders and send that flaming meteor on them (and then ban them after ofc)

Cons:

- will need access to all the skins , need all the shinies (Storm Wings specifically, I need those)

- none,im perfect for the role HIRE ME NOW uwu

• It is difficult to ban perma a character, last time I heard a players in France bring Gameforge to court for a perma ban and GF lost.

Since then it is indeed really difficult to ban that easly,
    I remember the time Gf also created a list (like a ranking list) on their web page with all the character banned and the reason.

That was also deleted, Europe iss a difficult reagion to ban players, since you will need all the proof as possible to avoid any fireback court things.

(and that was on Aion, just google : Gameforge Aion lost court for banning players)

• Googled and did not found anything, mind sharing an link or so?

ngl, it sound so much fake

After reading the article with help of google translate it seems valid, which is in fact super interesting

• Tell me when in Aion have you seen active GM, punishing actively abuser beside Private servers ?.

I have never seen.

But it doesnt mean i dont want to see. It is my dream, to see it :(

When they are in-game making checks they are always invisible. You will never see them unless there is an event including a GM, which we had in the past but not recently.

• When they are in-game making checks they are always invisible. You will never see them unless there is an event including a GM, which we had in the past but not recently.

Why don't you just drop the invisibility for some part and roam around the maps a bit? Use your presence as intimidation, knowing that GMs are regularly online but you might not always see them will probably deter most of potential rulebreakers.

Right now, the current consensus among the playerbase is that GMs aren't active unless specifically investigating a certain target, meaning that unless they get reported, they can do what they want.

• Kotoro on discord:

- 1.X has no content, release 2.X.

Kotoro on GF forums:

- 2.X has killed 1.X content.

Never change man, lmao.

-

Release of Aion had plenty of GM activity, Sanctum/Pande had GMs coming by to ban the RMT private shop accounts, etc. They even RP-ed while they were doing so. That you did not see them personally, does not mean they did not exist.

There was even an infamous incident where people got banned on spot for taking the invisible path to Zapiel island without the rain. Btw Kotoro is one of them who thinks you are cheating if you can do that, so whenever you discuss with him anything consider, thats his level of understanding of Aion and in general.

You can get banned anytime for anything, most ToS state that they do not need to name the reason why they ban you. The account is not yours to begin with, you borrow it from the game company. Kotoro is just making up fantasy stuff as he pleases. So unless you show a legit article about this, I call that one above bs, interesting enough you cannot find through google such a specific topic even though you say "just google it", lmao. The only thing you get is bunch of "missing court" results.
    EDIT: You actually do not even own a game you play, you just have the license to use the called software(the game). Maybe you should spend more reading the ToS and agreements, rather than manga.

Whoever says that sub free is a reason why Aion classic would die in EU/NA, dude get a grip of yourself. Most people who would play Aion classic are the people who played it back then and so(aka Nostalgia), meaning they are grown up ass men with money to spend. That you are cheap is your own personal problem, but do not spread that to the wider audience.

Classic NA "died" pretty much on day 1, I logged in and the only thing you could read is people complaining about the candies, then it's further downfall was secured by not merging the two servers soon enough, and not being able to manage old problems. There were plenty of players still after f2p period ended to sustain a healthy environment for a game like Aion, but it just did not happen. To be fair the thought that NCSoft give their partners a client that they know was abused is just beyond my understanding, it's like they want the problem to be knocking on their door.

Aion can function easily with 2-4k online players throughout the day increasing and decreasing, with that I mean actual humans. When you are starting to get above the 5-6k mark, it is actually starting to become way too abundant for the world of Aion. But there are more factors to that, especially the mentality of the said server. If you check chinese servers, these people daily raid your faction cities (Heiron Gate, Belu Fortress, DP entrance area) while probably an EU server would be less PvP oriented like that, but spots like abyss fort guards will be constantly contested with no rest (was the case on NA classic first few weeks, when people started to reach higher levels, then it became empty due to population not even hitting 2k, that is when I quit).

Edited 2 times, last by Oneuproad ().

• blablabla... story telling...

When Ncsoft released the 2.0 Classic patch they completly wiped out the droptable of all content above especialy on openworld.

They could release the 2.0 without killing the content above, droping stigmas lv 20 to lv 45 is a pain in the ass, I remember back in the day I was farming Tursin on Elyos side and was droping plenty of them farming 10hrs+ per days,

didnt drop a single stigma now after 14hr of farm.

They deleted most of Gold Item drop from the open world and decreased the droprate of most blue item.

I restarted from 0 when the 2.0 started,
    seems now you will only follow the mainstory quest giving shitload of XP and dodging most of 1.0 to 1.9 content.

Only to kill bots.

NA killed the hype with Candy,
    Then killed the will of some pvp player with the AP trading mess,

The depopulation of the secondary server,
    The lack of patch, being stuck on the same patch in 1.x,
    Asian Classic (China etc...) Making most of NA classic asian community leave.

What is left ? NA players and some EU players sticking up.

Ncsoft ruined Na Classic, let see if Gameforge can do better.

• What does classic have to do with old aion? They are very different even though you play the same game, it is well known that classic progression has been slowed down significantly, this has been announced and what not. Why? We cannot tell for sure, at the end you can just make up your ideas.

Problems are not even solved at NCSoft, you are a sweet summer child if you think it is going to go better at EU if it ever releases (AP trading, bots, scripters, hackers , you name it). Again, you can make up ideas. Maybe gameforge is trying to make just and fight against what has been done wrong by NCSoft and all region of aion classic, and this causes technical problems to release classic in EU.

And what you explained above is called catch-up system. Why should someone joining an old server suffer through content that probably has no on level playerbase for anymore. Aion is a linear game where old content naturally dies off, is detached from players. However high-level 1.X content are still every relevant in 2.X.

-----

Edit by Galeas: No discussions about legal cases here

Edited 2 times, last by Oneuproad ().

• no matter how bad Game Forge will do on Classic im sure it can't be as bad as Ncsoft failed.. nobody can change my mind on this ... And we don't even know if Game Forge will fail at all , they might surprise us O.o time will tell...

• Tell me when in Aion have you seen active GM, punishing actively abuser beside Private servers ?.

I have never seen.

But it doesnt mean i dont want to see. It is my dream, to see it :(

When they are in-game making checks they are always invisible. You will never see them unless there is an event including a GM, which we had in the past but not recently.

"I have never seen." i wrote about the carrying the game by GM's, the game' fair rules, behaviour a player to other players. I meant checking about illegal the third parties programmes. It doesnt mean, to GM's have to leave their other tasks/job specially for it. But it also means, to they could add this task to their job ... and check to player is fair. I believe reports R delivered by players, so they know how to check - reported side and reporting side, cus sometimes people report other people for cheat, where they do it the same.

I also believe to such checking will happen. Galeas, to check for example sieges. Yes ping is high that all know it, but the case, to fortress battle is fair, to asfaranta is fair (eg explore map for example 20 min for checking players during fights)

"It doesnt mean, to GM's have to leave their other tasks/job specially for it" in current post could mean, to maybe one person could be dedicated specially for it only. This Forum wears many ideas ... many

If U have even once seen the livestream from KR ... look at thos bots Galeas ... look this army how they ruin the game. It is the best example, second is this cheating - legally in NA - also from livestream. All live documented :( It breaks our live servers and could break classic, if U will decide to release

Edited 3 times, last by robi1102 ().

• Whoever says that sub free is a reason why Aion classic would die in EU/NA, dude get a grip of yourself. Most people who would play Aion classic are the people who played it back then and so(aka Nostalgia), meaning they are grown up ass men with money to spend. That you are cheap is your own personal problem, but do not spread that to the wider audience.

Couldn't agree more. SUB is healty player enviroment (equality). When I try to advocate SUB model my posts gets reported. Funny thing all players here wants "Aion Classic" yet I doubt they even played it :D.

• my posts gets reported

Try to be friendly. I try even sometimes is high diff to carry it

when someone is calling me and other players (a few of them) we are crazy for even thinking about B2P and SUB model ofc I will respond and try to evaluate my stance. Funny thing is I won't report others (never) I do belive in free speech.

• I know it also, to the sub - mostly a bit increased price, is a good way to play classic wo p2w stuff. I know it very good and by it, to it is some raised, the profit from subs could be much better, than profit from p2w stuff for max 600-1000 ppl. 30000 ppl buying sub costed a bit more and have month to month 30000 subs vs funny 5eur sub and p2w stuff where after 2-3 months 90% subs will leave bc p2w vs also some raised sub price + p2w stuff ... The winner will always be the first model - or 99% for sure