Aion Classic Discussion

• post here so you don't get locked where it doesn't belong. it belongs to offtopic spam.

what can i say. not a bad start. for once they put at least a fake queue so ppl don't rush in all at once and crash the servers

ppl forgot what channels are... so an advantage for others. i also forgot how really slow this game was

game has almost all the business models. f2p and p2p and a second sub (p2w battle pass) and a cash shop. lmao...

you can buy multiple battle passes for each alt.... delete alts and repeat... get rich. and 30 bucks for a pass but ppl are buying it. really smart from ncwest... some ppl spent a lot on the first month. i guess this game is for whales... and crafting being obsolete with all you need from the shop.

Edited once, last by Click ().

• I mean, it was all to be expected, yet ppl just blindly preordered it anyway.

I honestly feel sorry for all the ppl who had high hopes for classic and it turn out to be something different than what they imagined

• i didn't think it would be this bad tho

they had the korean experience and they repeated that. and worse is that they don't see it as a problem with the candies. i have seen a lot of threads about ppl saying they want a refund and others uninstalling. others getting mad at ppl with already a good few millions kinah and scrolls and pots and candy.

and some minutes later the threads with qq were all gone. wash the problems away.

idk... there isn't much of the classic experience. more of the current game experience.

• i have seen a lot of threads about ppl saying they want a refund and others uninstalling. others getting mad at ppl with already a good few millions kinah and scrolls and pots and candy.

and some minutes later the threads with qq were all gone. wash the problems away.

The fun thing there was a thread, created by some gold seller advertising his website. It was deleted only 3 hours later.

• post here so you don't get locked where it doesn't belong. it belongs to offtopic spam.

Wise move. =)

Please keep in mind that discussing about Aion Classic still don't allow to advertise the other regions discords or their games

If this is the feedback you gathered from the discussion thread there is no point in trying to communicate with the CM anymore.
    Literally nobody was advertising different games. They only tried to convince GF that opening a Classic server would be a good idea. But I guess there is no point in reasoning anymore.
    Thank you, for letting us have this Spam -thread at least!

• They only tried to convince GF that opening a Classic server would be a good idea.

the server where eu players went is a lot more active than the other one. probably a combine with the brazilian players that have a closer time zone to ours... and seeing almost a 20% difference than the other server in eu/br prime time. so it's probably worth opening an eu server... seeing how many from eu are trying it. on the other hand there are many others that are not happy with gf managing classic... so mixed

• Imo the launch wasn't as bad as people think. Yeah, the candy thing was bad and gave a good early advantage but the amount was very little compared to how much you'd pay.

Not to mention, pretty sure there's a kinah cap.

People freaked out over something that gives less kinah than a named mob.

~~

As for the battle pass, I haven't paid any attention to that, but if it's exploitable is bad, anything that has gold medals and ap is bad. Candies etc scrolls pots exp pots are ok.

I saw a lot of people complain that it's p2w but nobody really listed WHY they think it's p2w.

~~

I do think Gameforge can do Classic 10x better than NCWest. All they have to do is not repeat their mistakes.

A monthly fee should be enough money for a Classic server. If you get greedy, you get punished.

• ppl running around with 15 millions kinah is little? it's a limit on a char not on account. some others that don't create lvl 10 alts just sell those candies for 80k to others. they worth 100k.

worse is... whatever ppl sell on broker will be listed at high prices because some ppl can afford and others that don't p2w will suffer with their 100k kinah farmed and looking at broker at 200k items like stupid.

i mean... ppl sell green gear parts at 100k and others are stupid to buy. stigmas are expensive and everything else.

and p2w ppl get free coins and scrolls and don't need anything from ppl wasting time crafting and gathering. most f2p ppl are in early 20 lvl range... p2w are already 30-35. at higher lvl you can farm better and do more damage on forts and abyss guards. so p2w for rank.

Edited once, last by Click ().

• ppl running around with 15 millions kinah is little? it's a limit on a char not on account. some others that don't create lvl 10 alts just sell those candies for 80k to others. they worth 100k.

worse is... whatever ppl sell on broker will be listed at high prices because some ppl can afford and others that don't p2w will suffer with their 100k kinah farmed and looking at broker at 200k items like stupid.

i mean... ppl sell green gear parts at 100k and others are stupid to buy. stigmas are expensive and everything else.

and p2w ppl get free coins and scrolls and don't need anything from ppl wasting time crafting and gathering. most f2p ppl are in early 20 lvl range... p2w are already 30-35. at higher lvl you can farm better and do more damage on forts and abyss guards. so p2w for rank.

You can bypass that limit via player shop. Whales are mass selling candies for like 80k via Player Shop and already have hundred of millions of Kinah.

• Selling scrolls and candies is fine i guess, as long as it's expensive enough to not ruin alchemists business, direct kinah is not. It creates unnecessary inflation and makes everything impossible to afford for those who chose not to spend more money.

I hate stupid people.

• Doris enjoying classic so far?

Of course I enjoy every moment:loveheart:
    Of course there are too many Kinah sellers on the road but after about 25 seconds you have already blocked them and nothing can prevent you from enjoying the game as it once did here (in 2009).:biggrin:

The candies don't bother me.
    As for the Kinah, many seem to have forgotten that Aion is not a sprint but a marathon!:/
    I haven't even reached Eltnen LVL, I don't have to, nobody is rushing me.
    I prefer to level up my skills instead of just wanting to achieve the quick and short-term Kinah.;)
    I have already done enough Kinah with the Aether gathering as well as with the gathering from the ground.:P
    It will be a question of whether the moaning players will continue to play next week.:/
    But I think that the majority of them are only those who don't like the classic.:rolleyes:

I still don't see p2w (in my eyes and in my feelings ingame).
    What for some the Battlepass is a p2w element is in my opinion just something so that the players who cannot play 24/7 can keep up with on the weekend!

Everything that is there can be obtained ingame, of course, with more expenditure of time.

So I've already paid my 3 month subscription and on June 30th
    can I assign that to myself.
    I especially enjoy that the Korean screaming no longer rings in my ears.

Take a look GF!
    The engl. voices and the translation is just gorgeous!
    The improvements that have been made by korea, so animations are already visible and tangible in Poeta.
    I love to feel "at home" again as I did before!:loveheart:

So much so that I don't even log in for the kaisinel powder anymore!:cursing2:
    Then someone can put it where the sun doesn't shine!:ugly:
    It's not about always being better and stronger in the game, but about taking the game as a balance (as I've always liked to denote it) but if it just feels like work like the retail industry for years then it's not so fun like the classic again!
    I still have friends who contact me (from retail).
    I hope they want to join there too!
    I also found the German Legion if I have the time or the level I can imagine joining them!
    *Or maybe not, I've always been a lonely wolf in Aion!:/ (Edit sentence here)
    Maximum in the pack not in the herd!:evil2:

Have fun anyway under GF !:blush:
    As I was allowed to see on several topics you have enough to complain about!
    Hope you will ever get a compensation and or an apology!

(which I don't believe, but I hope for you) :good:

Selling scrolls and candies is fine i guess, as long as it's expensive enough to not ruin alchemists business, direct kinah is not. It creates unnecessary inflation and makes everything impossible to afford for those who chose not to spend more money.

yeah i can see the ones with their twinks over and over trying to sell the candy.

they must have already reached the ingame sales limit to try to get rid of it in the AFK shop! :rofl:
    Of course, some players fall for the prize and think they have to do the same!:facepalm:

But if you look at the prices, how expensive it is in the shop and how cheap they have to sell ingame, I think that it will stop soon anyway because it is not really profitable! :biggrin:

BTW:

they already boost all the player ( without any p2w) see the picture that i post here :!:

Edited once, last by Doris: *(Edit sentence here​) in red ().

• https://myaion.eu/

Day 1: 100% Full Servers with 30.000 Players queue

Day 2: Servers 60% Full

Day 3: Servers 30% Full and max. Server Power reduced to 50%

Just wait how many will be left after free Siel Buff expires and China farmers realize its not worth botting and farming Kinah.

NCsoft had the opportunity to have 10k~ active players with monthly sub and threw that away for a few whales. Congratz, i hope it was worth lol.

• playing the game in a relaxed mode and not carrying about levels and pvp and others stuff is perfectly fine. it's a playstyle that many choose to play games. but that can be done in the current aion too... regardless of p2w or not. so it's a bit unfair to compare the 2 when your playstyle can fit in both versions.

for those that actually look up for the game features... being ap ranking or pvp... there is nothing worse than having enchant stones or scrolls and wings with stats and gear in classic the shop. it will ruin the experience for those that don't spend as much. you are forgetting you play in na where ppl are richer. i heard plenty saying... it's only 50 bucks this and 100 that... it's not much. what? anyway... if you need scrolls you either have to spend time gathering and crafting yourself or spend farmed kinah. kinah that could go to better equipment or manastones or enchant stones to help you farm faster. all those with kinah will buy all the better manastones or enchants from broker and where is a demand there will be quite the price to pay... making you the normal player to suffer because of the prices. even small details like auto loot and buff pet is an advantage... with a second or two saved on each mob.

it's a snowball of many little things that in the end will create a giant wall between normal players and paying players. if most players are in the early 20 with green or blue equipment... quite many are above 30 farming abyss points and having gold gear with quite a few enchants. faster ap doesn't mean only ranks but in the past all the great stigmas were bought with ap... besides all the op gear. so many little things that snowball into others. and let's not forget that many play for twinks... preying on ppl that have a laid back gameplay.

long story short... ppl that play for the story or old maps nostalgia don't have an objective opinion about the consequences of a p2w shop paired with sub and battle pass. we already can see a significant decline of players from the frst day to the second. some ppl straight up uninstalled when they saw all that. i very much sympathize with those because i feel the same... betrayed of what could have been a great game. instead it's a cash grab game. and this is only the start.

• To me it's insane that they're sticking to their guns by saying the ability to sell candies to NCP's is not a bug and it's intended.

Insanity, or just extreme greed.

But then again predictable, I've said it before but NCWest is far worse than Gameforge. Gameforge at least tried for a period back in the day, tho it took long for changes.

I have a hard time understanding how a company can do that and get bad publicity on every website and forum, and be ok with that?

Is 15$/month not enough?

You'd rather your game die and make some good money early on than have the game be good long term?

It's just insane to me. These companies are so out of touch.

~~

I hope Galeas and co take notice and if they ever launch an EU server, don't repeat their mistakes.

• No matter how u look at it, in the end the gap between a sub player and a p2w player will be smaller on classic than on 7.9 aion.

Besides that, classic actually feels like an mmorpg unlike 7.9. Everything is achievable in-game and u don't have to wait for a boring event and spam it with your alts to get treated with some powders.

• You'd rather your game die and make some good money early on than have the game be good long term?

i learned that regardless of the past image of a company... unfortunately in this day and age getting a quick grab is what they learned to do. it's a cut throat business... so many new and shiny games launching every year that make some ppl jump from one game to another regardless of the previous game being fun or not. and they are scared that ppl will run away eventually.

look at some of the bigger streamers. they explicitly said they play aion for X amount of time until the next game is launching soon. they spent money in the game and don't care. if they had fun in aion or not... their followers will mostly follow him or her in the next game. then the next one and the next one. it's a thing that quite some ppl do. the same as ppl doing city breaks... always trying to discover a new city and rarely going back to an old one.