General Event Discussion

• Because there are things that would been very obvious to notice even with a "first glance".

Not always obvious for a developer, it's the reason games are QA tested before release.

The Aion EU producer says GF currently are working on a public test server which will enable us to do their testing but as to how and when or if it will be applicable to hero trails we don't know and I suspect Galeas doesn't know either.

~ Say what you like to me but don't insult my Shugo ~

• Because there are things that would been very obvious to notice even with a "first glance".

Not always obvious for a developer, it's the reason games are QA tested before release.

The Aion EU producer says GF currently are working on a public test server which will enable us to do their testing but as to how and when or if it will be applicable to hero trails we don't know and I suspect Galeas doesn't know either.

Well this still indicates that nothing been tested anyway. Considering how long this game been now published under this company and they are bringing up tests only now? I mean, sure I understand they will let us test for free and find bugs etc. which is a smart way to do. But it also brings up that I don't think they been testing any of this themself before releasing it.

Such simple problems and mistakes keep getting through the release. In many companies this would be unacceptable, I personally started to think this community as "hobbiest" community, that they are doing their best etc. but today I realized again that we are talking about an actual company that is supposed to do their job properly. They are getting paid for what they do.

And is this the best they can do? Step up the game a bit really.

What if a car company started to release cars that are not tested properly."Sometimes you can't turn left, but it's fine you can just keep turning right until you are facing the right direction".

• Well, in the requirements - quests are exactly the same xD But rewards are a lot nerfed :P Anyway, im demotivated to know that from wednesday i should will do again these 150 rabbits in several locations... The most boring part of HQ.

Nop. You need to do the same thing, but it's not the same quest name. For the sanctum boss, the first one was "Kill the xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx " and the second one was "kill AGAIN the xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ". Same task, but not the same quest.

you need to do the same thing, but get a diffrent reward. logic

Sorry, should have say "same task, but not same quest name and not same quest ID".

It happens a lot in Aion.

Edit : My point here : rewards not nerfed, just not same quest ID. Next week, the first-half-quest rewards should logically be the same as the first half of this week

Same thing for the second half.

Edit 2 : "Stop the commander again" // "Eliminaite 30 more Thieving Rabbit Bandits." cf your screen.

• Since the HT are reseted and there is still 3 days left and since HT are "only" GF development could you please add some shugo gold into the reward list. You dont need ncsoft for that according to forum users.

The many morph crystals we get are kinda useless since you cant do anything with them anway, because you lack of shugo gold?

• Of course the game is tested and has always been.

Because there are things that would been very obvious to notice even with a "first glance".

The Early access server won't have events. You won't be able to play events before they are live that is not possible.

• Wouldnt it be silly not to test events even in test servers?

Also if these are tested, I would really suggest getting a new person to test them.

• Since the HT are reseted and there is still 3 days left and since HT are "only" GF development could you please add some shugo gold into the reward list. You dont need ncsoft for that according to forum users.

The many morph crystals we get are kinda useless since you cant do anything with them anway, because you lack of shugo gold?

I got better suggestion, remove the Shugo Gold from Morphing alltogether. We are anyway restricted by getting pvp stones.

The onething people actually can do hard work for, is getting restricted because it is not RNG.

I got better suggestion, remove the Shugo Gold from Morphing alltogether. We are anyway restricted by getting pvp stones.

The onething people actually can do hard work for, is getting restricted because it is not RNG.

Yes i totally agree, but we got kicked in the face with that change, so we should be able to get some in near future not in 3 months from now.

I sit myselft on 3k morph crystals farmed by actually playing and yet i cant do anything with it. Yes i waited for fragements to be account warehouse tradeable, event farmed some on my alts xD but o well, another disapointment.

• We won't have that. That would require having the events planned even more in advance. For the record they are already planned months ahead. Having to plan it even before that removes even more flexibility.

Furthermore, the whole point of events is that you don't know in advance which ones you will have. In some cases, knowing in advance would lead to possible exploits too.

For different reasons, unfortunately, errors are not necessarily always visible during the testing.

Since the HT are reseted and there is still 3 days left and since HT are "only" GF development could you please add some shugo gold into the reward list. You dont need ncsoft for that according to forum users.

It is not planned. Such a change won't happen.

• Galeas any chance we gonna see soon S rank minion in events? the fusion rates are a total disaster and failing 14-20x fusions and only FAIL FUSION, it got too the point of almost quitting....

• Galeas any chance we gonna see soon S rank minion in events? the fusion rates are a total disaster and failing 14-20x fusions and only FAIL FUSION, it got too the point of almost quitting....

14-20 fusions? While many are struggling getting A lvl 4 for their 2nd fusion?

• That's interesting to know, so how can we have confidence the granker kinah bug won't happen again?

~ Say what you like to me but don't insult my Shugo ~

• Also if there would be ways to exploit, dont you think many would find these out pretty fast and be able to report them? Basically you will have hundreds of people testing the servers and content out or are you indicating that all those few hundreds players wouldnt report the bugs?

Do like one MMO did that they rewarded testers on their main servers for reporting bugs on the test servers with rewards like: titles, skins, etc.

If the events etc. were actually tested and made properly, there is no way to exploit them.

Also this is something that kinda pushes community further apart from the publisher. Trust issues. Yes there are players who would exploit and abuse, but at the sametime to handful of people Gameforge Aionteam have made changes to this game that causes everyone to suffer due to trust issues.

But I guess we will be untrustworthy Aion community. Like Prison mentality where outside world news can't be told to inmates because they could be plotting something, we are also restricted with freedom such as shugo gold in morphing, "Long term goal" is like a longer prison sentence.

• Also if there would be ways to exploit, dont you think many would find these out pretty fast and be able to report them? Basically you will have hundreds of people testing the servers and content out or are you indicating that all those few hundreds players wouldnt report the bugs?

Do like one MMO did that they rewarded testers on their main servers for reporting bugs on the test servers with rewards like: titles, skins, etc.

Keep in mind the server is an early access server, it is not a test server. For sure it will allow to get so catch some bugs and get early feedback on upcoming features but it is not a test server (ot better said not only).

If the events etc. were actually tested and made properly, there is no way to exploit them.

First, I know it's sounds cool to say: "Events are not tested" and give us some good hate, even though you have absolutely no source about our testing, but it is obviously not the case. Events are tested. It's not an opinion it's a fact. Of course, yes we had issues lately, and yes we definitely need to improve to find those bugs during the testing process. As you probably don't know, it also happen that some bugs don't happens on a testing environment but still are present on live.

That is in general a very bold statement anyway from your side, exploits are not all about testing. For instance, for some events, if you know in advance what it is gonna be you can start stacking items, which is not a desired behavior since calculations are made based on the event duration and not based on the fact that people can eventually stack items for a few weeks prior to the event.

So you see, as I have just demonstrated, it is not as simple as bold one liner claim like you made.The situation is always way more complex than that.

If we wouldn't trust the community like you suggest, we would simply not put an earlier version of the game into player's hands. Including events has nothing to do with trust, it is, as I demonstrated with several facts, complicated for several reasons.

• The EAS is just a server for the newest version NC provides for overseas regions. There will be no optional or temporary settings available like events, except some GF permanent features. When we getting closer to the live release for AION EU, it will have more GF/EU specific settings active like language support etc (no events!). You can give feedback before we get the update on the live servers or simply play a newer version (closer to KR).

~ Sparx ~

• With so many people being :

• clueless about Aion mechanics;
    • clueless about Aion design;
    • focused on their own interest.

I seriously doubt about a benefit in asking community performing testing.

Closed testing with veterans, why not.

• With so many people being :

• clueless about Aion mechanics;
    • clueless about Aion design;
    • focused on their own interest.

I seriously doubt about a benefit in asking community performing testing.

Closed testing with veterans, why not.

we already have that, you see how it works out.

got some friends who applied and joined that team.

they all stopped playing already :D

I'm telling you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear.