Community feedback-Free Talk

• I hope not, these early versions of aion are so outdated (Rifting), they even tried revive rifting with introduction of signia / vengar in past and failed misserably.

If we over-analyse it, a perfect version of aion simply doesn't exist. Every version had its flaws even the good ones. (Bad drop rate, manastone socketing, stigma shards, magic/physical imbalance etc etc)

If they are about to bring an older version of aion that would be a 4.x one, before katalam deletion, that it was the peak of aion. Anything before that was too simple, anything after that was sky diving without parachute.

But everyone is talking about "Classic Aion" and the only real classic version is the release Version. So you can´t talk about sth. like 4.x as a "classic Server".

I think the old way from first patch to max patch before abbys deletion is a classic server.:/

Other game who changed to classic server also didnt went to the first verion of the game. Mostly its middle (like in aion case it would be 4.0).

:thumbup: what I think "the way is the goal" starting with the first patch 1.5 and ending around 4.0 ~4.5

Which is why starting in 1.5 (first version we had in europe) seems like the good move, especially since 1.5 is kinda noob friendly, as it forces people to group up for the content (you definitely can't go into elite zones or instances alone in 1.5), doesn't have impactful gear difference from enchantment (only weapon is worth enchanting, armor gave only pdef which made close to no difference, and enchantment cap is +10), doesn't have a levelling curve that instantly throw you into endgame content to get rekt by top pvp players, instead it let you progress slowly as you level up and unlock new content.

Plus they could still put some items in shop on these old patches, gold packs (which would replace the subscription we had), stigma stones, skins, dyes (they used to sell really well back then), instance reset scrolls, exp amulets... without instantly jumping into the beginning of the p2w hell that started around 4.6 with holy upgrade serums, which would almost instantly kill any classic server.

Most people here will not talk or recommand 1.5 simply because they didn't play at the time, so they're just gonna suggest the "oldest" patch they know.

I've played all of the old patches (including from the closed and open beta)

and enjoyed each one up to about 4.x under patch 4.6

Patchnotes 4.6 was game destructive

I'm not saying everything was perfect back then, sure we would miss a lot of "quality of life" features that we had over the patches, but that's really something you can get used to, and those features would progressively come back as they implement patches.

The only thing I would suggest if they go for 1.5, is to give a permanent +20% exp rate, because i remember there was a few levels back then that were quite grindy, nothing compared to 5.x hell, but still, not something so enjoyable.

but that's exactly what makes the game on a classic server

it shouldn't be easy it should be like it was used to be.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I know it won't be easy

but that's not supposed to.

If you want to start there, you should be aware that you will be challenged.

Otherwise it wouldn't be as fun as it was back then.

The possibilities to assert yourself were inexhaustible.

New players should be told that they will simply be blown away by the fighting that used to take place at Abby's.

Just like all the preparations that weren't a "kids" game.

Her ability to fight in flight made sense there back then.

It was very different from what the new players experienced.

But that is exactly what many of us "old players" want to experience again.

Of course there were also patches in between that showed a certain imbalance.

But in contrast to the current last 4 to 5 patches , these old ones were still manageable.

In my opinion:

The gold package doesn't have to be.

For a classic server like this, I'd rather reach into my wallet and renew my subscription.

GF can then also design the cash shop for these servers as before, without including the extended cash shop.

I can't wait to get the information that GF is putting such a classic server online:love:

• [...]

Edit by Isobel : Out of ToS

Edited once, last by Isobel ().

• classic server would be great i miss the old days so much fun rifting and sieges which had to be planned and everything crafting to i miss that a lot i loved crafting.

But as said a classic server is not easy but it was so much fun :)

Edit

By the way what you mean in 7.7 coins will be removed and everything will be done via insigna system omg pls don't so much atm has to be done via insigna system and the exp has been lowed so much it will take so long to do anything

@Galeas pls make a poll regarding this on the forum also so everyone can vote i think this will be a big mistake.

Edited once, last by Babydots ().

• I prefer GF to focus on how to make rewarding events more often than try to make profit from a version of the game which many of us have idealized.

• Babydots you will get way more exp than now with 7.7

And what about kinahs? Are exp extractor still at 500k/u in 7.7? Or will it be easier to get kinahs?

Because right now :
    - genesis crystals -> 0 kinahs needed
    - katalam items -> 0 kinahs needed
    - dumaha items/coupons -> 0 kinahs needed
    - titan coins -> 0 kinahs needed

If in 7.7 you have to buy more exp extractors in order to get stuff that you have for 0 kinahs now, and if exp extractor is still 500k/u ... it will be a problem <_<

• How do you make such few kinah that even buying extractors is a problem? :/

Maybe because I'm not an old player ?
    And I'm not the only one.
    We are not all sitting on billions kinahs, we don't have access to endgame content to gain massive amounts of kinahs by selling items or we can't solo kinahs instances.

I have to spend my kinahs into many different things already. FOR NOW buying extractors is not a real problem (even so some weeks I finish with only few millions left).

But if I have to buy 4-5 times more exp extractors per week, it will become a problem.

• by the way

@Galeas you say end of Oct there will be a next set of Elite levels, but will there be Ultimate Transformations in these rewards?

Hopefully not.

Maybe one of the selectable Halloween Contracts.

• If spawns classic server, I'd like with Sarpan, Tiamaranta maps. I watched yt films and these maps have a soul, have a climate and so on - even U R not there alive... this is unbelievable and incredible. Some beauty is also now in Red Katalam "Snow Mountains Depot" - this music i can listen to all time ...

• these maps have a soul, have a climate and so on

this music i can listen to all time ...

then listen by seen these posts.

this is unbelievable and incredible.

& the system was the same well thought out

and simply incredible!

Ah nostalgia, you want a classic server because there was no p2w then. Guess why GF is thinking about opening one?

Hope so, because if it is not so, GF can immediately revoke it, otherwise no players who want to stay will come to this server.

• by the way

@Galeas you say end of Oct there will be a next set of Elite levels, but will there be Ultimate Transformations in these rewards?

No, and there wont be one in the December one either. That is 100% for sure, and thats how it should be. You either get it by event, or you get it by fusion, not for hand me downs...