Significant Drop In Server Population

• Nah, you can't say the developers are greedy, they are just doing what they are told to.

I guess GF could have made EU player's life easier by increasing the availability of the necessary items in-game and in shop with low prices. Getting 5k euros from 10 'whales' is still less money than 20 euros per month from 3k players right ? Idk. Theories =]

By developpers I mean ncsoft, the company, not the individuals doing their job for their monthly salary.

The problem is that there are some really big whales who cash unholy amounts in rng boxes, just see the guy who got 4 marchutan at once from the marchutan 240? coins rng bundle, for sure that wasn't only 5k € and that's from only 1 whale.

As long as these rich kids are playing the game, gameforge will never change their shop. The problem is that by the time those rich ppl will quit, it will be too late to salvage the game and put fair prices in the shop, because most of the playerbase will be gone as well.

:scensored:

- Zapiel

I hate stupid people.

• This is the downside of F2P.

You can, in a casual manner, access many things : you can have full ult gear, all stigma +0, all daevanion +0, all rune/odian +0 (almost) and so..

But if you wanna get serious ...... open your wallet OR/AND loose your personnal life.

So true. That's probably why I am gonna quit after all....

I am easily willing to pay a reasonable amount of money and grind to play this game at a fair level. But as discussed the shop prices are unreasonably high and more p2w systems get introduced time after time, while GF is talking about "minimizing rng" with joke-systems like dungeon npcs or "epic loot".

Instead of a system, where they have 20 whales paying 5k$ every month, they should have went for a system where 5k players pay 20$ every month. But now it feels like we are at a point where theses things are irreversibel and the game will inevitably die at some point.

• Couldn't have said it better myself. If the prices were actually affordable for most of the playerbase, this game would be thriving cause many people would be happy to spend reasonable amounts on a monthly basis to keep up.

• Well there are also rumours going on that Publisher wants the game to die, so they can discard it and get something new going on instead.

• Well there are also rumours going on that Publisher wants the game to die, so they can discard it and get something new going on instead.

They can publish a new game whenever they want. As long as Aion is profitable for them. No need to wait a game is dying (aka no more profitable).

If they want the game dying, they just have to cut off their publishing licence from NC.

• from a content creator view: I can tell you that is a pain in the ass give visibility to this game to new players, with the amount of gambling this game has.

its kinda inmoral publicy this game, i like to play this game as a casual player but from the deep of my heart , i know that this game its totally unfair.

sometimes i want this server closed, gameforge dont deserve this, but if gameforge closes, we cant play aion in europe, so , this is the situation , they can do whatever they want

Things has to change if gameforge want a positive feedback from our part, and maybe then, new players will come to this game

• Yes they can put it all in the cash shop but that won't improve the game or their income if players leave.

Saying it's greed is somewhat obvious so it's not necessary to point that out; what is necessary is for GF to realise their mistakes and fix the game with EU add-ons because without players their cash shop income will reduce faster along with Aion's popularity.

~ Say what you like to me but don't insult my Shugo ~

• server capacity has been increased with 7.5 so thats why is has lower number then really is, also dont forget katalam/lakrum is not calculated in the numbers as they are seperated server.

on storm sieges there is around 400+ players each siege.

(calculated with my aion people that does DPS) then there is alot of players that never go siege and remain rank 1. if they had go siege every time they would be min 1*.

as u can see in picure balaurea has the highest number well that is no new news as it is lakrum/dumaha/katalam.

as soon people teleport from gelk/ing they move to "balurea"

• Do you by chance know the actual number of players. You gave percentaje, but not actual number of total players. I remember I saw a while ago that in World of Warcraft there were like 1 million active players (in their days). Right now I would guess Aion have 50-100k. Do you know the real data by chance?

I think during patch 4.0 times we had 5500 slots per server. But I don't know if these numbers are still relevant for the current servers.

• I don't know about you, but I've seen more new people playing the game lately, as when I started 3 months ago.

I have the tendency to go player by player trying to view their profile details in order to find out what type of gear they are using and learn with it. Frustrating is than in most cases "player is not allowing to view details", but still I can determine that players who allow to view + they have not maxed gear are new players. And I have seen that more than before.

PS: I let the view details access available so that new players might learn, even tho "pros" make fun of me. Don't know why, but time to time toxic people appear.

n9qFYTX.gif

• New players won't necessarily know what's been happening since 7.0 with all the nerfs and changes that have been introduced.

for example: Epic loot was supposed to be in newbie instances but they moved to the hardest in-game, rare drops including chances to get 4* minion contracts and morphing recipes also removed.

Gameforge should be ashamed of what they did and should change it so that new players always have a in-game path to get these items including legendary fragments as starters no matter how hard or grinding it takes.

~ Say what you like to me but don't insult my Shugo ~

• New players won't necessarily know what's been happening since 7.0 with all the nerfs and changes that have been introduced.

for example: Epic loot was supposed to be in newbie instances but they moved to the hardest in-game, rare drops including chances to get 4* minion contracts and morphing recipes also removed.

Gameforge should be ashamed of what they did and should change it so that new players always have a in-game path to get these items including legendary fragments as starters no matter how hard or grinding it takes.

Reminder Epic loot

Beninerk EM and Stella EM are now joke, even with alts.

Anyway, since new accessories dont need to be enchanted, you dont need as many enchantment stones as before.

If you say minionite instance is a hard one... Reminder : we passed from 2 CD to 4.

Ancient fragment : if you say Esoterrace is a hard instance....

Okn Ara EM needs gear, but well, there's plenty way to make stigma enchantment stones (gold with alts, fame NPC), this way is not significant.

So for new player perpective, there're ways to make them.

Only issue deal with minion S, and I agree this need to be fixed. Either by droping massive amount of A and B minionites or by providing A lvl 4 minion contract.

GF said it will monitor the situation. 7.5 is there barely for 2 month, and many people are still sticked to 7.2 meta, while meta has totally changed.

• In other news, water is wet.

What did you expect? NCKorea's idea of new content and major patches is re-using old maps and increasing the number of gacha elements (with their respective enchant systems counter-part).

This allows them to capitalize on profit, as the items required for progression will always be found in cash shop, thus making Aion a p2w game.

There's also no catch-up mechanics in place, other than $_$. Thus, as a new player, you will feel underwhelmed as you won't almost ever feel rewarded. The only catch up mechanic Aion has is that 1-2 good events per year, where if you want to maximize the profits you will have to level up 10+ characters to cap.

Even those events has been constantly nerfed to the point where it's not worth doing, by Gameforge, because they see it as "exploiting" versus what it actually was; Actually being rewarded for your time and effort. So now they changed events around to be cash shop based, to not be able to use your alts etc.

Classic WoW was a good opportunity for Gameforge to understand what players want. And what they want is something that Gameforge cannot provide, only NCKorea. They can make things better, sure, but they are slow and at this point I think they should not even bother trying to adapt things to a western audience, clearly it isn't working.

The only thing they could have done is give players what they wanted, a version of Aion where you didn't have 100 RNG elements related to cash shop, where there was no p2w besides RMT which was against ToS.

They kinda missed that boat also, and that large population left and started new games :scensored:

I think the only chance Aion players have is to wait and maybe Korea will one day release a mega big patch that changes everything, again. That's wishful thinking though.

- Zapiel