Significant Drop In Server Population

• Steam charts, facepalm. I don't know the percentage but my guess is that not more than 30% of the players launch their game via steam.

Playerbase decrased by alot nonetheless you cant deny that

• Steam charts, facepalm. I don't know the percentage but my guess is that not more than 30% of the players launch their game via steam.

besides of the fact that in 7.5 there are less bots & twinks (because of increased "workload").

just the bots are at least 200 less logged accounts on all servers together.

besides of the fact that in 7.5 there are less bots & twinks (because of increased "workload").

just the bots are at least 200 less logged accounts on all servers together.

There is less bots because there is nothing to bot in openworld.

I think 15STAN was overstating. no more than 20% MAX opens with steam, probably even less.

Yes, there is bit less players in 7.5 than in 7.2-7.3, but only a bit, and most of those were not long term players to begin with.

Pretty much every MMO looses players overtime seeing as the whole genre is dying out, in EU region anyway, and no wonder, every single EU mmo community is toxic as hell and they ruin the game for themselves and others.

• Pretty much every MMO looses players overtime seeing as the whole genre is dying out, in EU region anyway, and no wonder, every single EU mmo community is toxic as hell and they ruin the game for themselves and others.

I would argue that the "dying MMO genre" is more due to the p2w aspects that started showing up rather than anything else. All these companies seem to ignore that tiny little aspect when saying that the genre is dying out.

• but on the other hand, no other game genre requires constant development and support after being released like mmorpgs.
    the only companies that i can think of that didnt eventually turn to the p2w side had other games to fuel a dying project.

• Pretty much every MMO looses players overtime seeing as the whole genre is dying out, in EU region anyway, and no wonder, every single EU mmo community is toxic as hell and they ruin the game for themselves and others.

I would argue that the "dying MMO genre" is more due to the p2w aspects that started showing up rather than anything else. All these companies seem to ignore that tiny little aspect when saying that the genre is dying out.

Problem is you need constant stream of money to keep servers running, maintenance work, development, salaries, and game companies are FOR profit, so need some profits too (or at the VERY least break even)... And mmo, you need constant development which already makes it more pricy than just ready set go game, which maybe get DLC or not.

Arguably ofc the game is way too p2w in EU region (or rather the items/skills you gain are too overpowered), but thats because there is some idiots willing to pay for very possibly nothing with small chance of something they can wreck everyone else. Also the problem that gameforge does have to pay for patches, licences to publish and all sorts of things too so it never can be SAME price stuff as KOR has due them needing to pay nothing to themselves...

Also community and the ingame economy players build also play a massive role in how people enjoy the game and if they wanna continue.

Our region for sure is pretty damn terrible... (And cheater infestation and lack of any action does not DO it any favors.)

the fact alone there is massive number of people who in past have hated people from this and that country and that the cultures are very different also pose extra challenge to the community as a whole in comparison to KOR servers where obv vast majority are all from the same country... or RU servers / JAP servers.. Completely different deal versus a mix of 50+ countries playing in same pile.

• The game seemed to be just fine on subscription model in KR until NCSoft decided that 5.x was good.

• The game seemed to be just fine on subscription model in KR until NCSoft decided that 5.x was good.

yes but many games implemented in-game purchases, some successfully, others with mitigated results.

Aion is part of the later, NC felt in the P2W trap : easy to do, easy to make short term profit, long term...... Well, in game transactions are short term in fact.

When profit is driven by short term income mechanism, then you have the result : only paiement, no long term consistency.

• 2k players was peak at steam charts and now its 400

did u even look at steamcharts?

• This doesn´t change the fact that most people don´t use steam for aion and instead the NC launcher.

• Indeed see for yourself with that chart, the unions + the balaurea (aka katalams,lakru, dumaha) if you take all those % and divide them between the servers the numbers are closely similar to 7.2-7.3 era. Obviously aion has lost players, and will continue to do so but its nowhere near as dramatic you people make it sound with 7.5..

• f you take all those % and divide them between the servers the numbers are closely similar to 7.2-7.3 era.

no, I don't think so because they are the same players who were already counted on the other home servers ...

see here in detail

• This doesn´t change the fact that most people don´t use steam for aion and instead the NC launcher.

This doesn't change the the fact, that hundreds of players has quitted the game.

Can´t deny that and we all know this game is getting closed sooner or later on it´s current road xd

I´m too tired to defend the game anyway, finding no reason anymore. Even the best money printing mobile games are less limited/p2w than aion.