Significant Drop In Server Population

• For many years since Deyla (now Stormwing) was formed, it has been the most populous server on EU. But just these last few weeks, the numbers have drastically lowered to a point that Odin is now the largest server. Additionally, Sillus has the biggest change and the biggest drop of numbers as it was much populated, with a player-count close of that to Stormwing.

I think we can all agree about the possible reasons why:

1. The biggest reason: Frustration over Katalam Sieges which a lot of players are unable to attend due to limited entry.

2. Frustration over morphing enchantment stones. It's much significantly slower to farm stones specially PvE stones now.

3. Frustration over the lack of rank A minions due to the removal of world drops which was welcomed greatly by the playerbase.

4. The mobs in Inggison/Gelkmaros that are killed to farm EXP for Insignia of Experience are much slower to kill, slowing the progress needed for people to gear up. You need a lot of Insignia of Experience to buy valuable items.

5. Lag. Not the biggest gamebreaker but the lags are just........

Are there any planned solutions to tackle this rapid decline? How long do you think can this game last? I know people have said the game is dead since 3.x but this time, it literally feels like it's on the brink of dying.

Images

AION LIVE

Nexus: Zach (Asmodian Cleric) 2012-2014

Spatalos: Maurine (Elyos Gunner) 2014-2015

Telemachus --> Deyla: Finland (Asmodian Cleric) 2015-2016

Grendal --> Antriksha: Cersei (Asmodian Bard) 2017-2018

Nergal --> Stormwing: Max (Elyos Cleric) 2018-2020

Stormwing: Tom (Elyos Painter) 2020-2022

AION CLASSIC

Tahabata: Dale (Elyos Ranger) 2023-Present

Edited once, last by [Stormwing] Tom ().

• I expect that'll be their move as well... it feels like that's their only move, to merge the servers. The game is not newbie friendly at all, so whatever playerbase we lose, there's no new players to make up for it.

• why you need merge. you have 3 open maps Dumaha Lakrum and Katalam that all servers come in one map? you have SW for instances its already merge into 1. only inggy or gelk are 1 server with elys or asmo. Only thing its needed is to remove limit on katalam siege. rest dont complain you can do mostly everything easy to farm only if you know what to do. Aion it is from the start Knowledge over your power dps.

• with 7.5 I found an overall decrease in SW request for beginners instances (makarna & prom norm). I believe many geared players are soloing/duoing with other geared players. There's not much to do for a casual/new player.

I would add this and the fact that it's summer to your list of frustrations ;)

• Lets be honest here. Patches arent getting better. New multiple layers of rng hidden behind rng. Gameforge isnt helping also, their Epic loot system, compared to the one we had until 7.5, is one of these unfunny platinerk level jokes. Just look at these 30% exp events and that stealth Hanarkand/Rokoros nerf xD

Plus, numbers usually drop when there is a nice weather outside.

• Numbers also drop because there is no way to get an ultimate form aside from gambling and people are getting tired of seeing randoms getting kaisinel or marchutan everyday, some which even already had an ulti form, while we are not any closer to getting it than we were 2 years ago.

The frustration is growing everyday because everyday more and more people gets it while we still might not have it in 1 year.

I hate stupid people.

• One issue is that all new players start from 0 like in 3.0. They end up lvl 80 in 6 hours and can get an easy ultimate gear BUT with 6 stigma +0, no daevanion yet, no minion, no enchant stones, no cubus, and no transform...

Not a way to keep them IG by telling them they already (at game start) need to sell their kidney to others.

IMHO:

Game turned to be heavy instanced based. Look at that list of instance to be done.

Mid-lvl (prome nm, maka, beni em, stella em...), HL (stella nm, beni nm, ara em/nm, prome hm...)...

Boring.

OFC, activity is now in lakrum/dumaha/katalam but wait, garrison and pvp quest, altar and pvp quest, garrison and pvp quest, small bosses and WB...... .

Boring.

OFC there's altar siege, and RvR sieges, yet, can we once leave the divine siege, we are doing for so long (except a cut in X.x). But since those HP NPC, sieges are no more played for the RvR as it is, but just for the ranking and having the abyss xform (usefull).

Boring.

I dont talk about PvP(E) instances since I'm not really doing them.

Playing Aion is no more a joy now, it is just a braindead workchain we repeat all days, all weeks, all months. We dont mind grinding in this game, but we are in a state, our brain is no more involved in aion as it used to be. Feel like being a proletarian.

Congratz to those who are at end game level and are no more a proletarian.

• Seeing everyone running around in apostle/ultimate form and S rank minions...its purely enraging tbh after so much time....

Wont even bother getting angry over improved stigmas which are gamebreaking

• 7.5 has it's flaws, but you can't say there is nothing to do. There are so many things to do so that you much choose on what to focus your efforts first. In previous patches I could complete almost everything on main and then go play an alt, now there are so many various activities, I have to skip some of them.

Player base - we want less RNG and more rewarding gameplay

Developers - we value your feedback and want to provide you with sense of pride and accomplishment by bringing .... RNG

• I see you missed numbers on "Union 1", "Union 2" and "Balaurea"

^ that exactly. Numbers from normal servers aren't really showing much of anything given that most of content is done on cross server.

+ Most run 2 clients at least, some even 4 or more. So yeah the real numbers are even lower indeed.

• Iam gonna tell you why i left personally.

While i do agree that a game have some issues like very low enchant stone rate, lack of way to get rank A minion and transform contracts etc for me main reason why i left was a bad game content.

Every patch is same old recycled content, its just not exciting to do it anymore, its boring. New content is just terrible, i und the game is not making enough money cos its old so the content cant be as before but its just so bad .

Even the armor and wep skins are same old skins we had in like idk 3.0? Then i logged in and i see my char in Inggison and i saw i should do Lower Udas Temple . Really? Just no ty.

• I'm actually very anxious about the future of this game, I mean how could it even have a future ?

The game is as hated as it was in 5.x times, maybe even more.

And since they already used the "we messed up, now we will develop a new patch that gets rid of the things you didn't like" secret card, what can they do now ... besides closing the game ?

• tbh i was thinking when they released 7.5 and the elite rush event was that just to bring money in fast with people rushing to buy 20 gold packs?

i think GF know the game is done so they are only doing things now to bring as much money in as fast as they can before the end comes.

from a returning players point of view here.

Things was not to bad at the start, i noticed less people in game when they upped the health of the mobs, after that i saw less and less people. maybe it was bearable before that change, players could see the light to be able to get geared faster before this, but after it things went downhill very fast.

The gear, skills, etc for new or returning players has not been addressed in the right way, to even try to come close would take years of work and by that time there is new updates and new gear, etc.

Take the best PVP gear in game right now which is still the same from the last patch to obtain this and get it +15 along with all stigmas +15, skills +15, cube, transforms the list goes on and on, how long would it take? as without it are new players or returning players just meant to get beaten upon beaten without losing heart and giving up the game?

Edited once, last by Babydots ().