What do you want to see in the FUTURE of AION? Leave your feedback!

• Can we stop with the delusions of classic already?

It won't happen, it will be a colossal failure and waste of money, no one will play it longer than 1 week.

The people who play on private servers now do so out of personal reasons related to GF and/or hatred towards GF.

The only way to stop classic wave is launching classic xD

I know it sounds silly but people won't stop asking for classic until they got it.

If we can waste a lot of resource in the past for launching new servers that nobody wanted ? Why don't launch the classic and shut the hell them up if it's failed ? :P

There's no way to stop classic until GF actually launched classic if it dies you can tell them you said so,but if it's alive wouldn't it the best way to recover Aion ? :)

I have been thinking about this and you are correct because GF or NCSoft will probably not start again like they did in 6.0.

They did do it before when 5.0 became an un-rewarding grind with total equipment failures.

However players are reminiscing back to when Aion had a more rewarding environment, a vibrant economy with higher populations.

While it is simple to understand that the publishers want ever more increasing ways to make money, as hairbrush says it should not be done at the expense of player enjoyment or they will end up with much less players to pay for it.

So if there was ever a time to change direction it's now by trying to re-capture just some of the features of the so called classic Aion.

We are talking about reversing a P2W trend not re-releasing an older version.

~ Say what you like to me but don't insult my Shugo ~

It won't happen, it will be a colossal failure and waste of money, no one will play it longer than 1 week.

The people who play on private servers now do so out of personal reasons related to GF and/or hatred towards GF.

Funny that's what people were saying about Classic WoW and turns out it was their biggest success yet, so much so that when it launched they had the highest sub peak ever in Wow history.

I've a feeling you have no idea what you're saying. There's a lot of people like me who'd play a different version of Aion but would never play retail, at least not the current Aion.

And what we want isn't Classic, that would mean version 1.0 of the game which was bad. I already posted a cool system somewhere but any patch between 2.* and 4.* is good.

Anyway, this will never happen, as for the cost of running a Classic server that's laughable considering there's people already doing that at low cost. It's peanuts.

Xeon the Korean "classic" wasn't classic nor what people wanted lol, you're so far off. It was a terrible version of what people want. It was it's totally different thing.

As for the direction Aion is heading, read 7.5 patch ;) that will give you some direction! I would say what you're saying is borderline delusional, it will never happen and Aion will never have the direction it once had or what you want it to have.

Western player base = 0 to NcSoft Korea. You have no say, this thread is pointless, me typing this is pointless. They won't change the game to cater to you, they don't even do it for Koreans. Their goal is money, more RNG elements, more gacha elements, more money. Same thing X repeat.

Enjoy.

• Xeon the Korean "classic" wasn't classic nor what people wanted lol, you're so far off. It was a terrible version of what people want. It was it's totally different thing.

So called Aion Classic could be a number of things, Gameforge could easily bring back a lot of things also for the cash shop.

when Aion had a more rewarding environment, a vibrant economy with higher populations.

That is what we need, not a dead nerfed version.

Above all Aion needs a producer with vision who's first job would be to fix what we got.

Funny that's what people were saying about Classic WoW and turns out it was their biggest success yet, so much so that when it launched they had the highest sub peak ever in Wow history.

Funny of you to speak about classic wow when they have millions of players and aion has about 10k players here.

But clearly I'm the one who has no idea what he's talking about.

And they call me delusional...

• Yeah, Classic Aion server would be ablast. Draining current half empty servers xD Then half year later you close it because you dont even have another server to merge it with xD

• re-capture just some of the features

even some of the older skins in the cash shop.

It's not going back to full classic, just being selective and putting some life back into a rewarding economy would be a good start.

• Yep yep re-capture of classic elements

We don't need every map to come back we just need things that let people have fun in the first place such as ability to see our characters without extra cost,luna craft skins,tradable stuff,old skins and old instances that dropping cool skins like ancient spirit and simple instances that everyone able to do without study and harder leveling but more rewarding items along the way.

But my personal opinion just restart development on 4.6 xD

I don't know after learn some drawing I figure out it's better to restart than trying to fix mess up current version lol.

• In my opinion, the old versions won't work cause of the old bugs the game has. If the bugs would be fixed, then it would be more enjoyable. Remove gear and pot bug is something that ppl didn't know in the past but would now abuse it. Same as AHK, noani and instant gear change.

The 4.6 you remember would be different today when ppl have more knowledge about the patches. If you could fix the bugs and renew the content, it could work, but we don't see that much effort from GF or NCsoft. You would have to develope the game eventually aswell or ppl would get bored with maxed gear and the game would die anyway. Private servers can potentially do that to keep the game interesting and that's why those are getting more popular now. I don't know if they actually do that but if they would, it would make them more succesful with it.

All the new content has pretty much destroyed the small details that made Aion what it really was. New patches only focus on gear grinding and making the game more p2win than actually improving the game and it's environment. The "new" Aion seems a lot simpler and boring and it's missing the old spirit of Aion. You can see it in the features that are gone, like crafting or gousing for example. Other MMOs have more features and stuff to do for fun when Aion mostly focuses on gear and rest of the world is gone.

Seeing how NA is still somehow "alive" I doubt that GF will change much since they still have decent player base even though the majority of the active community quits. After all they still have paying customers left. They just aren't so active in the forums. GF will most likely look more into the numbers than actually listen the players on the forums.

There will be some actions when they see numbers dropping but I doubt anything major will happen. The past has pretty much proven that.

• Classic servers would be a hit.....

IF it would be the true classic experience without a cash shop and a subscription model.

We know that won't happen, so don't bother.

Nobody wants vanilla Aion on a f2p model with p2w cash shop elements. Looking at the server pop on retail, nobody seems to want it there either lul.

• Seeing how NA is still somehow "alive" I doubt that GF will change much since they still have decent player base even though the majority of the active community quits. After all they still have paying customers left. They just aren't so active in the forums. GF will most likely look more into the numbers than actually listen the players on the forums.

There will be some actions when they see numbers dropping but I doubt anything major will happen. The past has pretty much proven that.

If you don't know NA version is still 7.0 and I think they will get 7.2 in 2020(if they will even get one).It telling pretty much current stage of NA.

I don't know who's currently director or producer of Aion but clearly all he/she cares is money I'm pretty sure EU version will live on since NC just sell Aion to GF,it's not NC problems if EU version live or die but I don't think same fortune will happen to NA.

My mind is divided into 2 sides one side I want this stupid game just die already there's no point keep it running and another side I want them roll back to classic and start over.

Que sera sera whatever will be will be.

• Going to post one thing about Aion engine

I've got a 1060 GTX 6 GB and my fps in Sanctum is 50 fps in christmas area while in Haramel old area my FPS boosted to 120.

Why more update and my fps keep getting lower and lower ?

The engine needs seriously update.

No surprise if some people quitted Aion because their PCs can't run Aion anymore because new update.

• The engine needs seriously update.

Not possible. Since quite some years, NC only purchased Unreal Engine licenses. To port this game from cry engine to unreal, is unrealistic. It's better to just start a new project. And tbh, Unreal Engine is a lot better compared with this one so no surprise they only use this.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

• The engine needs seriously update.

Not possible. Since quite some years, NC only purchased Unreal Engine licenses. To port this game from cry engine to unreal, is unrealistic. It's better to just start a new project. And tbh, Unreal Engine is a lot better compared with this one so no surprise they only use this.

That's like nailed Aion to death,because most people can't play :/

• 15 year old graphics engine, I wish it would just completely stop working with newer versions of Windows so they would be forced to do something about it

• It's the fault of the developers as well. You can see that old designed maps and instances and things lag less. Since they introduced new shiny gear, new shiny skills, more complex animations, bigger maps with better textures, more complex and laggy user interface, the game is less and less playable. When Lakrum fort was introduced with 6.2, most players got really low fps compared with past forts from 1-2 years ago and nothing changed in terms of the engine and we had more players in the past. It's pretty obvious that the old team of developers are gone since the new updates are just recycling things from the past or content from their other games. This new Aion is nothing like the one that was 10 years ago.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

• Chatlog feature has also suffered a lot through the years. You used to be able to have it on during siege with minimal impact, now you can't even move if there are 100-200 active players and eventually the screen blanks out.

• It's the fault of the developers as well. You can see that old designed maps and instances and things lag less. Since they introduced new shiny gear, new shiny skills, more complex animations, bigger maps with better textures, more complex and laggy user interface, the game is less and less playable. When Lakrum fort was introduced with 6.2, most players got really low fps compared with past forts from 1-2 years ago and nothing changed in terms of the engine and we had more players in the past. It's pretty obvious that the old team of developers are gone since the new updates are just recycling things from the past or content from their other games. This new Aion is nothing like the one that was 10 years ago.

You triggered classic ghost in me xD

But well yeah classic map like sarpan is beautiful and lagless I miss sarpan and instances that dropping ancient spirit set Q.Q

I hope they will release classic and see the sale bump up and decided to redevelop Aion without mistakes that started from 4.8 oh well I hope they do nothing nasty like closing servers without announcement of classic server.