To summarize, so far:
- Gameforge waited like 2 years to release classic in EU after it got released in Korea
- During the wait time they already got plenty ppl annoyed by lack of transparency and information
- With the announcement the made yet another part of already decreased audience by their decision to release 2.0 instead of 1.x
- Announcement caused many questions and didnt really explained much of anything, more info to come in the future, but until then players are left in the dark
- They also did literally nothing to advertise the game- the "big announcement" got 130 likes 40 retweets on twitter, the unofficial classic discord got very few members, the official aion discord didn't get that many new members either
Atleast to me it looks quite concerning, but I still hope Galeas and rest of the staff will do better and classic will succeed in the end (*wishful thinking*)
It's still 2,5-3,5 months away and we don't know much about the patch. I think they don't want to advertise it yet. December is pretty bad for the advertisements visibility because of the holidays but marketing probably starts on jan and release is aimed to be on feb. I'm guessing they are starting testing phase soon because of the holidays so there probably won't be major changes to the patch. If it would be delayed further, I'd guess they did some changes to the patch. That's just my speculation though.