Significant Drop In Server Population

• You can see a clear drop in users, before there was many big legions filled to the max having even war against each other on "who will dominate this server".

Now each server faction got 1 big legion and everyone else are small ones, struggling to get filled.

You saw a lot of different legions before active.

Also you can see how hard it is to find people into premades or bigger activities, due to everyone already having one or people not playing anymore "serious enough" to join one.

Which also shows in many other activities, such as Crossserver waiting. Some cases you wait like 20 minutes to go into Runatorium. Neviwind is "active" (as in opening) for few times then waiting to maybe get in or maybe not.

Comparing activity wise to before and now, I would say there is at least 80% decrease on that.

• Add some OP rewards to the pvp instances and things will spice up. Not just rushes for points, but actual pvp kills that drive the points up.

1 Dev essence, 5 stigma enchants, silent black feather boxes, 350kk xp per run. Something so attractive that it's worth fighting for.

Good news travels fast and it might bring back some of the peeps that have left the clown fiesta of long term goals.

I'd imagine, outside of the usual geared noobs, most decent players take no pleasure in rolfstomping undergeared players. If more would catch up, it would make for some interesting fights.

• From what I seen, there are no people on these Gameforge servers caring about pvp that much anymore. If they did care, they wouldnt run 6-12 man groups in Red kata/lakrum/dumaha trying to kill solo / duo players.

I personally think that majority of pvp active players either left this game totally :scensored: because they got tired of grinding gear pve wise and by RNG slot machines.

Right now we got the old style players who did crafting and stuff to get special gear "Hard way" and most likely these are the ones enjoying this sort of content.

I really dont see that many people doing pvp for the pvp content for funonly nowdays. People do pvp for rewards and thats pretty much it. While before people went to do pvp for their personal fun, like rifting and such.

I don't even know nowdays who is actually a "pvp player" and who is just there for the rewards, before you knew who enjoyed pvp and did it for fun.

- Zapiel

Edited once, last by Murikka ().

• I'd imagine, outside of the usual geared noobs, most decent players take no pleasure in rolfstomping undergeared players. If more would catch up, it would make for some interesting fights.

I can speak on my case for example.

3 months playing this game. I thought I was making progress, first dying with 1-2 shots, later on with 3-7. I felt a difference increasing those damage reduction cubes. Until yesterday I was dying with 4-8 hits. But then an aethertech came and killed me with 2 critical hits with his improved skills. That made me realize that it will take me 6 more months to die in a 20-30 seconds fight, which is the goal. I don't care about dying a lot, but on a decent fight.

That must be the case for a lot of players. Dying a lot + hard/payed access to certain stuff + RNG style + taking a lot of time to get something = either frustrating or motivating.

n9qFYTX.gif

• You are supposed to satisfy the good feeling of having good gear, everyone cant have good gear (especially if you are poor, i mean lol get a job and get more money).

This is what poor people are only good for, to be satisfying 2 shot kills for the rich. Since you are not rich, you are less worth and should just remain as a 2 shot kill, how otherwise will there be any satisfaction with owning improved skills and endgame items?

Poor people are only for the pleasure of kills, you are only worth the death of a training dummy.

This game is not for poor people, nobody gives a bleep about you if you are poor. The game is for rich people amusement, poor people are not allowed to have fun, this is not your fun. Rich life matters.

Edited 4 times, last by Murikka ().

• U talking about population and u used AIdps like a proof ? Are u kidding?
    The % only showing how many ppl using this :censored: app....not server population .
    So pls stop panic and lying to ppl. Just calm down

Flaming.

- Zapiel

• Stop spreading missinformation please. Both myaion and aidps gets the online info from packets sended between server and client (and that's why both of these websites shows exactly same value; it's NOT caused by the fact that exactly same amount of ppl use these dps meters).

• Numbers are very similar as they have been. You just ignored the biggest part of it... The balaurea etc representing Dumaha, Katalam and lakrum... xD

• I'd imagine, outside of the usual geared noobs, most decent players take no pleasure in rolfstomping undergeared players. If more would catch up, it would make for some interesting fights.

But then an aethertech came and killed me with 2 critical hits with his improved skills. That made me realize that it will take me 6 more months to die in a 20-30 seconds fight, which is the goal.

every class can do that. Im AT full geared and im getting killed by most classes under 2 seconds except for maybe templar glad chanter everything else burst u like u have no gear...even those "nerfed" sorcs can kill u under 2 seconds...

• Numbers are very similar as they have been. You just ignored the biggest part of it... The balaurea etc representing Dumaha, Katalam and lakrum... xD

I was wondering about this.
    Its possible that you are blocking a slot on your main server regardless of your time on the instanced servers.
    Maybe Kelekelio can help us out here...

• there's plenty way to make stigma enchantment stones

There is still RNG failures with little help for new players to get +9 so they won't benefit from the enchant events.

while meta has totally changed.

Yes it has a lot, for better or worse?

since new accessories dont need to be enchanted, you dont need as many enchantment stones as before.

So for new player perpective, there're ways to make them.

There was nothing wrong with the previous way to enchant armour and weapons. Now in 7.5 NCSoft is almost giving gear away, where is the challenge in that?

On top of that GF remove the rare drops, a big part of farming.

It's all about legendary transforms, S class minions, improving skills with extras and accessories now. Aion is not how it was.

Most players will need alts to get on top of the sometimes wicked RNG or you better get used to being 1-3 shot killed.

Those who claim to know about the server populations have no idea if there has been a drop in players, Galeas would probably deny and close this thread if it wasn't true.

~ Say what you like to me but don't insult my Shugo ~

• I think anyone can see that the server population has dropped from within game.

Maybe there were players that came back or wanted something to do while lockdown was going on. now lockdown is opening up people are back to work and going out again maybe that's why there a big drop.

maybe players just got sick of the new patch and the way things are with it.

no one will no why the player base dropped, but it did drop.

• no one will no why the player base dropped, but it did drop

I would agree, even the shared cross-servers has failed to disguise it.

Surely everyone knows why, the clear reasons are in this thread.

When you remove features and replace them with things that are less inspiring that is what happens.

Gameforge can put in some corrective actions but we don't know if they play the game or even know what to do; removing EU benefits instead of increasing them has not helped.

Perhaps the Aion team have given up listening to their community .

~ Say what you like to me but don't insult my Shugo ~

• TBH 7.5 was not great in any form before 7.5 servers was so much better more players on all maps to have fun with.