Aion Classic Discussion

• Some feedback after playing NA classic for a month:

• Pretends to be subscription-based but p2w still exists, though very moderate as you have to actually play to achieve season pass stuff, but you get a pve and pvp set almost guaranteed and quite a few high level enchant stones
    • Population is quite low and 50% of people I've met were from EU, willing to restart here
    • There are more bots than players. If you need AP just go to Gelk/Inggi, guaranteed 100K for 3-4 hours
    • Stigmas.. this is a grave issue. You level really fast to 55 with very little time on low levels, so very necessary stigmas of lvl ~20-45 are insanely scarce, i.e cleric ones (sage's wisdom and group dispell) go for 30KK in broker. This makes it impossible for any new player to actually.. play cleric
    • More on the above point, skills are too expensive for what you make, several million kinah even skipping some levels, impossible for a new player
    • Soul sickness is very expensive
    • Current version is 2.4, feels very stale as there is nothing else to do than udas and BT

lil more

• Bots.. bots and bots. People are botting on their main characters at night, there is no fear at all, you can literally wait for them at respawn spots and they come out in droves ready to farm. There is absolutely no way NCsoft can't easily spot and ban them, but the server would be empty overnight, so income wins.
    • People have even told me directly.. oh you need this stigma? let me put my lvl20 bot farming x area, I will get it for you.
    • On the point above, people have characters of X level range just so they can farm and obtain their needed stigmas, this system is broken.

This is why i don't want power leveling. It broke live and it broke classics in other regions. Bot problem i even told, watch youtube's live streams ... how that army is going to spot :D and then ... ruins the game. All the "adjustments" we had or we have in live already. Bots r still in use :D even if we have in-game bot already created by ncsoft. It is very big HA HA. I will try classic too, but being a Subscriber for this game for more than 1 premier month - if such bot feelings, power leveling, 0 open world drop because of rush with xp - sorry not for me. Paying real money + paying in broker for even free, standard things - for me no, sorry.

• Bots are a problem when the company is too lazy/selfish to hire game-masters who would have a pretty damn easy job banning then. Bots are really obvious by the way and if there is a system (don't remember) that lets you report players in-game. There shouldn't be a legitimate reason why this whole thing should be a problem.

Sure they can make more bots... But if that forces them to swipe their credit cards and repeat the process over and over... It is damn worth it.

• Galeas  Drestam

The new Q&A session made me wonder - since you're supporting 3 languages, but host only 1 server won't the chat become rather messy?

Will there be a rule preventing ppl from spamming in non-english on the main chat?

Or perhaps will there be unique channels for each language?\

It will most certainly be quite annoying if the chat will be constantly spammed in all 3 languages

• Not really, the only difference is that you will ignore some of it^^.

• It will most certainly be quite annoying if the chat will be constantly spammed in all 3 languages

tbh, already the case in /3 when in aphsa, don't really see the pb here.

(even if, yes, there's not a lot of ppl anymore)

• It will most certainly be quite annoying if the chat will be constantly spammed in all 3 languages

tbh, already the case in /3 when in aphsa, don't really see the pb here.

(even if, yes, there's not a lot of ppl anymore)

If i was new player and I would join a game and all I see on chat would be german/spanish/polish/french i would just assume i downloaded wrong aion and instantly uninstall.

And the more ppl on chat the more chances for random hours taking discussion in different languages which is just plain bad :/

• Very interesting :D blocked by someone, because I write / use my language, instead of english and he doesn't understand. What a parody :D R we 18+ y o or maybe several R 18+ and 95% R not even 12-13 y o? WTF?

But serious now Galeas Drestam isn't it goes to racism? How do U thikn?

• Very interesting :D blocked by someone, because I write / use my language, instead of english and he doesn't understand. What a parody :D R we 18+ y o or maybe several R 18+ and 95% R not even 12-13 y o? WTF?

But serious now Galeas Drestam isn't it goes to racism? How do U thikn?

because French is a race right?

• Blocking != Banning.

Block mean we likely won't end up playing together so you can play with ppl who understand you and I can play with ppl who can understand me.

I really don't see any issue there

• I can understand it, but still: block person, because for example You, don't understand me or You see bad grammar and this is why You prevent an access to - as U wrote - play together in instances? Did You even think, that Ur attitude is still not fair and for my, it is going to a racism? This word does not mean the skin color only ...

Different language - it is the basis of tolerance of another person from a different country than you, who don't talk with Your language or English, or other worldwide language. For example French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, standard Arabic R also worldwide languages. To be friendly, need only a little bit of Your will, man. It will not hurt You.

Ingame, by a player to a player: blocked = banned (personal setting / action) - always.

Edited 4 times, last by robi1102 ().

• I can understand it, but still: block person, because for example You, don't understand me or You see bad grammar and this is why You prevent an access to - as U wrote - play together in instances? Did You even think, that Ur attitude is still not fair and for my, it is going to a racism? This word does not mean the skin color only ...

Different language - it is the basis of tolerance of another person from a different country than you, who don't talk with Your language or English, or other worldwide language. For example French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, standard Arabic R also worldwide languages. To be friendly, need only a little bit of Your will, man. It will not hurt You.

Ingame, by a player to a player: blocked = banned (personal setting / action) - always.

You're going kinda far from the point.

I never talked about bad grammar - it's different to speak a little english and speaking totally different language.

MMORPGs are heavily based on communication. Playing with a person who cannot understand you just heavily misses the point.

With aion classic where ppl are paying for their time to play (or to be precise time to be able to get normal loot) if you join a group of ppl who speak different language than you can understand then you potentially ruining they run as you won't understand if they try to guide you or give you a hints.

So by yours "language doesn't matter" you're just risking wasting other ppl entries just so you can feel better, if it isn't little selfish then I don't know what it is.

As you said yourself, majority of players are adult, meaning they hopefully got their own jobs and families - so they don't have time to waste ping pointing trying to get their point through to players who could just play with ppl they can understand so everyone can just have better time in game.

• Communication comes from minimum two persons from group trying to. If one from them does not want / like participation, then yes - maybe it could has a reason.

The major reason is, the communication is one from basic abilities for people, to have a way of life and have a better way to others. This is why we can meet someone, etc. Different languages R not a problem, it never was, and it will never be, because we R humans.

The second is, the communication in a present times is more accessible and more easy, than in the long past or in the past and translator could be a way to be in the communication / conversation. Before people were using picture language, what now we can see and laugh as omg.

Probably i can be hitted by - "okay but we don't have time, because we pay for game to have fun, because we don't want this difficulty" - as it means: it comes from US - our side, not that person who wants to hit his task and then leave Us alone .

Friendness comes from us, our behaviour, upbringing (?google translate), maybe religion too, and attitute to people we didn't meet.

MMORPGs - yes, true. But probably everyone knows, what someone needs or has to do, to make a progression. If someone arrives to the point where I am, probably he wants the same as me. In instances - it is more difficult, but for me it has not any. But this is me. If You have different attitude, U will use Ur way permanently. But U have to know, that in something, somewhere just Your person could hit a difficulty, and it will prevent Your person to pass through. What will be to do then?

I still put the same, because even if, it is still bad and is a source of agression. Everyone is different and it is good, but modification our own "to be" by sick reasons, to have a way of life also gives a way of agression (mental) and artificial barriers (?google translate) to the others. We cannot be simply + or -, because both clear ways create a bad feelings and behaviours. Need to be always between, transparent. This is why we can say yes (good things) or no (when something could be a danger).

Edited 10 times, last by robi1102 ().

• Everyone is free to block whoever they want for whatever reason they want. Though I don't really see the point in doing so in that case. You see messages in a language you don't speak, well you don't read it and that's the end of the story. There are international servers on plenty of games and it works.

We live in globalized world now whether we like it or not so the move towards the future really isn't to stay in our little corner and ignore the existence of people who are different or speak a different language. That is just a personal opinion though, you are free to diverge on that.

Furthermore it can be that some people will speak French in the chat because they are adressing each other but they speak english too. So immediatly assuming that they don't speak any other language is also a bit bold. Anyway as usual, the people who want to be open and make plenty of friends from different countries will, and the ones who want to stay with their friends and don't want to mix will do that too. Everyone can do whatever they like.

Now saying that it is going to be a mess and bothering you is a bit, pardon me for the strong word, "intolerant" in my opinion. As I said you can just ignore messages that are not in your language. In the end the amount of messages is related to the amount of players so you won't have more spam in the LFG, you will just have a part that you don't understand eventually. Then again, you can just ignore it. The good part about ignoring stuff is that it doesn't require any effort or energy ;)