28.10.2020 on Korea - Classic Server Discussions

• This would absolutely bring people from those shady servers, not all of them, but a good chunk you can be sure of that.

I hate stupid people.

• i hope personaly if it's a classic server that we're not going to have a patch on 6.x or 7.x

• You are implying this would bring players back, or getting players from the **cough** servers into a official classic, while what it actually does it just cut more people from the current official retail servers into server where there is less items to sell for € and will likely quit (most of them) once the nostalgia drive is over.

Its very likely they wont make profits with idea like this in the long run,

and even more likely it wont have the effect they hope

(Aka bring people back in mass and get players from **Cough** servers into their own)

Well, if it's a classic server, I agree with Aura. It is aimed to bring players back to GF shop, not make current retail players going to (not the main purpose, GF may milk them a second time anyway)

GF has probably a plan, first step is to put that classic server on.

Second would be.... well gonna need some pop corn.

• for sure :D :D

• You are implying this would bring players back, or getting players from the **cough** servers into a official classic, while what it actually does it just cut more people from the current official retail servers into server where there is less items to sell for € and will likely quit (most of them) once the nostalgia drive is over.

You are under the false impression that there are player to be cut away from the retail servers. After Patch 7.7 there is not much more to come. You are either going to play patch 7.7 for all eternity or you switch to the classic version until they eventually release an other patch for the retail version. I think you should see this classic server more like patch 8.0. As you have mentioned Aion is not WoW. These two versions won't be running next to each other just like that.

• There is much talk of classic server regarding what Korea are going to say on the 28/10/2020 I hope players are not upset as it is nothing to do with classic server

• I hope it has nothing to do with a classic server at all.

No one force you to play on a classic server, so what's the point wishing for people to not get what they want, when no one force you to participate to it?

I hate stupid people.

• I hope it has nothing to do with a classic server at all.

No one force you to play on a classic server, so what's the point wishing for people to not get what they want, when no one force you to participate to it?

I said nothing about not granting other peoples' wishes for a classic server. Don't twist words or add things I haven't said. Thank you.

My personal wish is that it has nothing to do with a classic server. Simple.

• So it's Aion Classic and it's coming to KR on 11.11.2020. It will be progressive classic server, starting from version 1.2 and finishing on 2.7. It will be based on subscription model with 1h daily f2p and some 24h f2p events every 5-weeks. They also mentioned some skill changes if I'm not mistaken.

MyAion - DPS Meter, Players Database, Rankings, Live Scores, Servers Status

Edited once, last by Livo ().

• So it's Aion Classic and it's coming to KR on 11.11.2020. It will be progressive classic server, starting from version 1.2 and finishing on 2.7. It will be based on subscription model with 1h daily f2p and some 24h f2p events every 5-weeks. They also mentioned some skill changes if I'm not mistaken.

Weird move from them to stop at 2.7, they should've went until 3.9 atleast. But good news overall.

I hate stupid people.

question do we know how long it will take for aion classic 1.2 to reach 2.7 or not?

question do we know how long it will take for aion classic 1.2 to reach 2.7 or not?

That's what says auto-translation:

Looks like no fixed schedule. They might survey community or just watch their statistics to decide if they should launch next update. I'm just guessing here.

MyAion - DPS Meter, Players Database, Rankings, Live Scores, Servers Status

• Galeas so is it possible now to start EU Classic?

why not? But hopefully like the Korean Modell, with a monthly subscription (maybe with paypal, or GiroPay). Hopefully no GoldPack that is sellable by Broker