Community feedback-Free Talk

• i was watching the asian games for a long time. i played some... one called perfect world (mentioning this one because it has been brought to the west later - also better flying mechanics and wings than aion) in 2007 on asia servers and this thing with spending money in the shop and not being sure what to get was normal. one of my legion members spend over 30k usd to get his perfect gear and his perfect gems... because of rng. others did it with less. so this thing with spending so much unreal money that others don't get in a lifetime is nothing new to me.

• As a final personal conclusion, the game is missing "fair-play". Taking any sport as an analogy the main aspect of the game is "fair-play". You must compete in the same conditions whit no external "help", like doping. So I can think pw2 is equal to doping, steroids, etc.

I think this is the main issue of the game now. There is no fair play. We have a category of players that evolved to effort, work, given by game mechanics and we have the other category that is on steroids ( p2w).

And let's do not forget. Any doping is forbidden and if you are using any doping you are excluded. So yes, GF is selling "steroids" :)

You are not in same conditions with 25 vs 150ping, with wooden pc vs pc master race... and with 12 free hours per day to play vs 2 h... some people who work hard and only can play 2 hours per day actually boost their chars via wallet in order to compete on same conditions with people who just have a lot of free time.. meanwhile they are paying enought to keep the game running for both .. the p2w and the f2p players. So.. maybe its not THAT unfair. (just my 5 cents)

• You are not in same conditions with 25 vs 150ping, with wooden pc vs pc master race... and with 12 free hours per day to play vs 2 h... some people who work hard and only can play 2 hours per day actually boost their chars via wallet in order to compete on same conditions with people who just have a lot of free time.. meanwhile they are paying enought to keep the game running for both .. the p2w and the f2p players. So.. maybe its not THAT unfair. (just my 5 cents)

When we are talking about missing fair play we have in mind people who pay a lot of money because they want to max out everything so they can rule in pvp or make huge profit from pve. We are not talking about casual players who spend 50 euros every now and then just to keep up with the rest.

• As a final personal conclusion, the game is missing "fair-play". Taking any sport as an analogy the main aspect of the game is "fair-play". You must compete in the same conditions whit no external "help", like doping. So I can think pw2 is equal to doping, steroids, etc.

I think this is the main issue of the game now. There is no fair play. We have a category of players that evolved to effort, work, given by game mechanics and we have the other category that is on steroids ( p2w).

And let's do not forget. Any doping is forbidden and if you are using any doping you are excluded. So yes, GF is selling "steroids" :)

That's the spirit of F2P. Anyone who provides money shall get advantages over pure F2P.

Otherwise, what's the point of spending € in the game?

Face it, what's a player monthly budget for pure cosmetics? How much income cosmectics represents monthly? (point about Aion team shall put more skins to increase income is another topic)

Compare to people spending money for promo event, loot boxes, and so on.

Aion P2W is not dopping, just make it faster than "long term goal".

The big issue is the balance between "long term goal" as F2Player, and P2W (must pay to get..). Topic about P2W has been closed for most players long time ago.

How many players you can name who are full cyclonica gear without running any besh?

How many players, even F2P, gladly sells maka HM or prome HM chests?

Shall the game be different? I agree with you. I wanna play.

But NC/GF are not babysitters for free. They are companies making money.

They want those players.

F2Players, per definition, bring them no direct income, so not a priority.

• I do totally disagree with you and time will tell who is right. Personally, I see "f2p" will become dead in the next few years because of what is happening. Many of the players now are running from f2p and looking for p2p or subscription models. I do personally I am avoid playing new f2p games cause of what is happening with them. I am buying games that are not f2p and another aspect I am avoiding getting new games for companies like GF. For example Sword Of legend. I really want to try that game but because if published by GF I won't buy it, because I just don't trust them anymore. More and more players think like me and more to come, ppl like you that will understand you are accepting. I am doing BT normal without any p2w. I never both items with gold packs or from the shop. I have a good financial situation, over the medium so I can afford to spend money on my "hobbies" but I don't do it on Aion because I see it as immoral against my own moral values. Did I buy GP, yes I did every month for the numbers of runs, but I never both transformations and other p2w items from the shop. But this is just me and that why I do not agree with your opinion. You are saying if so many doses it why should not I? Well, that depends on your value and how you defining yourself!

• What's the new weekly kinah selling limit from merchants then? Galeas

AION LIVE

Nexus: Zach (Asmodian Cleric) 2012-2014

Spatalos: Maurine (Elyos Gunner) 2014-2015

Telemachus --> Deyla: Finland (Asmodian Cleric) 2015-2016

Grendal --> Antriksha: Cersei (Asmodian Bard) 2017-2018

Nergal --> Stormwing: Max (Elyos Cleric) 2018-2020

Stormwing: Tom (Elyos Painter) 2020-2022

AION CLASSIC

Tahabata: Dale (Elyos Ranger) 2023-Present

• I do totally disagree with you and time will tell who is right. Personally, I see "f2p" will become dead in the next few years because of what is happening. Many of the players now are running from f2p and looking for p2p or subscription models. I do personally I am avoid playing new f2p games cause of what is happening with them. I am buying games that are not f2p and another aspect I am avoiding getting new games for companies like GF. For example Sword Of legend. I really want to try that game but because if published by GF I won't buy it, because I just don't trust them anymore. More and more players think like me and more to come, ppl like you that will understand you are accepting. I am doing BT normal without any p2w. I never both items with gold packs or from the shop. I have a good financial situation, over the medium so I can afford to spend money on my "hobbies" but I don't do it on Aion because I see it as immoral against my own moral values. Did I buy GP, yes I did every month for the numbers of runs, but I never both transformations and other p2w items from the shop. But this is just me and that why I do not agree with your opinion. You are saying if so many doses it why should not I? Well, that depends on your value and how you defining yourself!

Look at websites.

Free website are full of advertisements. Websites are paid by advertisers because, a small part of viewers seems to be caught by the ads and buy the advertised products/services.

To be free from ads, some readers accept to pay a subscription fee.

But

Websites owners know the dilemna of each model.

-subscription fee : lesser public for a higher income/subcriptor. The deal is the website provides content and service in exchange of paiement.

-freemium : wider audience, low income/viewer. The deal is to have a population wide enough to cover expenses through microtransaction.

It is a matter of choices.

If you dont have F2p, Youtube would not have that audience. Youtubers might not have their viewers (and income model). On Twitch as well.

Netflix is a closed model, but it has exclusive content that we pay for. If that content leak outside, Netflix loose.

There's no best policy. NC/GF choose what they want.

That's what we call a marketing policy.

PS : make sentences/paragrafs please.

• @Darknor advertising has nothing to do with p2w here :) How can you compare youtube with Aion? And advertising is not free. Is just your illusion that is free. I could explain here how advertising was born and what is the currency for it but you can find them via google the same info. Check other f2p games with a strict policy against p2w. Just advising you to open your horizon of view.

• @Darknor advertising has nothing to do with p2w here :) How can you compare youtube with Aion? And advertising is not free. Is just your illusion that is free. I could explain here how advertising was born and what is the currency for it but you can find them via google the same info. Check other f2p games with a strict policy against p2w. Just advising you to open your horizon of view.

You just totally misunderstood what I was talking about.

• most of the time is the other way around. p2w games make a lot more than subscriptions for the same number of players. this is the reason why so many publishers jumped the ship from p2p to f2p. very few resisted the temptation.

and there are many games that are f2p (dota lol poe whatever) that are not p2w and they have lots of players. it's not f2p that is bad it's p2w that scares the players away but a nice f2p makes ppl donate to the game by buying various stuff from them. there are p2p games that are p2w too... and same thing happened in them... so it's not the f2p model.

• anyone knows what the pangaea legion battle looks like? i dont see any videos on youtube about it

AION LIVE

Nexus: Zach (Asmodian Cleric) 2012-2014

Spatalos: Maurine (Elyos Gunner) 2014-2015

Telemachus --> Deyla: Finland (Asmodian Cleric) 2015-2016

Grendal --> Antriksha: Cersei (Asmodian Bard) 2017-2018

Nergal --> Stormwing: Max (Elyos Cleric) 2018-2020

Stormwing: Tom (Elyos Painter) 2020-2022

AION CLASSIC

Tahabata: Dale (Elyos Ranger) 2023-Present