Aion Classic Discussion

• I checked how KR and NA was announced, and I found out in both cases it was a month between announcement and start of server (roughly).

So maybe, there is no news (for us) because NC wants this short time, so all keep playing as long as possible on retail Aion. If they announce it now for november, maybe many would take a break or dont start retail and wait for classic.

Or there is really no news bc NC doesnt want it, bc our market is too smol.

• i'm sorry WHAT?!||

AION LIVE

Nexus: Zach (Asmodian Cleric) 2012-2014

Spatalos: Maurine (Elyos Gunner) 2014-2015

Telemachus --> Deyla: Finland (Asmodian Cleric) 2015-2016

Grendal --> Antriksha: Cersei (Asmodian Bard) 2017-2018

Nergal --> Stormwing: Max (Elyos Cleric) 2018-2020

Stormwing: Tom (Elyos Painter) 2020-2022

AION CLASSIC

Tahabata: Dale (Elyos Ranger) 2023-Present

• :)

• Aion classic is coming really soon, and u gonna name change before I tell you "I told you" hehe

I'll be happy if you're right actually but ain't gonna happen XD

Also people i've said this before but as a general rule the top 20% of spenders give the company 80% of the total income, and i'm sure this can get even more extreme when it comes to an MMO. Ask yourselves how many people playing monthly sub does it take to compensate for 1 whale spending 60k :p

• I checked how KR and NA was announced, and I found out in both cases it was a month between announcement and start of server (roughly).

So maybe, there is no news (for us) because NC wants this short time, so all keep playing as long as possible on retail Aion. If they announce it now for november, maybe many would take a break or dont start retail and wait for classic.

Or there is really no news bc NC doesnt want it, bc our market is too smol.

But EU's market is bigger than NA's, so since they released it there, that shouldn't be a factor. There are thousands who would play on Aion EU Classic.

Edited once, last by Killua ().

• I think you dont understand, that if you make those EU players play in NA, all the money goes directly to NCsoft without intermediary. And then NCsoft Asia gives the money they want to pay sallarys and various stuff to nc west. While in EU you have 2 companys that wants benefits.

Also i think you guys dont understand that NCsoft is working on lots of new projects (games). Aswell as GW2 getting soon to steam, dx11, major game changes, new expansion in the work...

I mean theres really no priority for NCsoft to make a platform and all the work that needs to be done for eu/ru. It maybe comes one day, but its really not a priority at all.

• from na forum :

"Gameforge CMs even confirmed on the forums when Classic was first launched that publishing rights aren't a problem for them, they're just unsure/unsuitable to launch it at this time. (Roughly a year or so ago when Classic came out in Korea) Honestly I don't know if Gameforge will even bother releasing a Classic server. They've watched it go through hell here on NA so they might not even fool with it if they deem it unprofitable."

it looks like we wont see eu classic (

• Another valueless post that doesn't provide any information or reason.

It's completely unclear to me how u are deducing from this post that we "probably won't have classic in EU".

You don't mention from whom this post is (could be any random person without a clue speculating around), nor does it have any apparent relevance for todays' situation since it's old and no official facts are mentioned.

Sometimes i really wonder what goes on in ur minds posting such stuff

• Gameforge don't have any problem releasing poor quality games as long as they bring back even slight profit (look at kingdom under fire 2 or sword of legends offline) so i really dont see how they would skip classic just because it would become an empty desert 3 months past it release.

• 1 year after the release of Aion classic NA, and here we are, in that time we got almost zero informations about a release. I think at this time we should get a answer if a EU release is still on the table, or if that projekt is cancelt. Galeas

Edited 2 times, last by Raicken ().

• 1 year after the release of Aion classic NA, and here we are, in that time we got almost zero informations about a release. I think at this time we should get a answer if a EU release is still on the table, or if that projekt is cancelt. Galeas

IF there would be any new info I would not wait for you to ask on the forum to share it :)

• This topic has been opened 1 year ago.

What kind of project management has so few advances in 1 year?

The more delay you add, the more it costs you, unless you are putting no cent on it...