General Event Discussion

• Galeas

Question for the Easter HeroTrials:

Does the change mean, that if I do my Main Quests in my Odin Elyos Character, that I can´t do them on my other Character on Sillus Asmodian?

So I have to choose on which Server an Faction I´d like to do the Quest? Because with all other HeroTrials we were able to do them on all Servers.

• It means exactly that. They already removed the cube option account wise and transformations too.

Samething with Hero Trial: you can do it on different server and collect the rewards on another server.

But in overall: You can only get rewards once per account.

• Hero Trials user interface has been improved.
    • Progress for the main quest of the Hero Trials is not shared within the account. You will have to complete all 60 quests on the same character. To phrase it differently: If you do any quest on a different character than your "main" character, you will get the individual rewards on that one but it won't update the global counter (20, 40 or 60) and you won't be able to complete the global 60/60 quest.

How do you determine which character is considered as the main? the first one with which you're gonna do a quest? the one with the highest numbers of quest done at the current moment?

Will people be able to do the quests on both asmo and elyos side to get the rewards twice?

I hate stupid people.

• First of all, such nice comeback by bringing up "How cool it is to bring hate". Do you really think I am typing here for fun to cause "hate"? Because I am really seeing so many bugs lately(*been a long time already) with every event. Isn't that is enough source to doubt that is anything actually tested? I mean even the tester can be bad at his/her/it's job. But lets say that it is so big difference between "test server" and "live server" when implented. I guess we just have to adjust that Aion EU Gameforge version of events will always be buggy, because they are tested on test server but wont work properly in live server, since they some reason are so different.
    If you think anything else, you are just a hater. Right? I mean there can't be anything wrong with testers or their version of server if something is bugging on live server, these two are different things, right? So questioning about the bugs makes you a hater. Alright then.

Do you think it is fun for players to do bugged things? Dont you think players would rather get the event applied to them without any kind of issues and have a fun experience?

And seeing how you bring that events are calculated that people can abuse and hoard event items. People can already do that, basically people already do that, since many of the events are brought from RUS / Korea or any other Asian server anyway.

And there is easy fix for that too: Maybe NCsoft should create event items that can't be hoarded in advance for events then. Problem solved.

Also it is a trust issue even how you wanna bend it. You don't trust players not to hoard items before events and destory a long term goal gameplay. I guess thats why some parents tell to their child that internet goes off at sleep time, it's not a trust issue right?

But as I read forward this thread it clearly it is not a PTS server, it is early access server with cash shop in it and no events ever applied to it. Got it. Personally I wont attend to that server then, I guess it will have same restrictions as live EU server anyway with long term goals, so I would have to become pretty much a real nolifer to play on two servers.

Not to mention someone brought up that should be private test server with QA / Veterans. We already saw how that ended up earlier.

Anyways, this clarified still things for me and I will not expect much anymore.

• Progress for the main quest of the Hero Trials is not shared within the account. You will have to complete all 60 quests on the same character. To phrase it differently: If you do any quest on a different character than your "main" character, you will get the individual rewards on that one but it won't update the global counter (20, 40 or 60) and you won't be able to complete the global 60/60 quest.

How do you determine which character is considered as the main? the first one with which you're gonna do a quest? the one with the highest numbers of quest done at the current moment?

Will people be able to do the quests on both asmo and elyos side to get the rewards twice?

If you complete one subquest on any character this quest is done for your whole account and the counter for this character goes plus one (the counter of all other characters is still zero). In order to get the rewards from completing 60/60 quests you have to do all the quests on the character which completed the first quest.

By the way: this is nothing new. Counter of hero quests have always been for one character and not account wide.

If you complete one subquest on any character this quest is done for your whole account and the counter for this character goes plus one (the counter of all other characters is still zero). In order to get the rewards from completing 60/60 quests you have to do all the quests on the character which completed the first quest.

By the way: this is nothing new. Counter of hero quests have always been for one character and not account wide.

So if you do Quest 1 with character A and Quest 2 with character B you're screwed and you can't get 60/60 anymore because both will be at 1/60? doubt it.

I hate stupid people.

• Yes that is right. If character A completes Quest 1 this quest is done for your whole account. Counter character A: 1/60.

If you then complete Quest 2 on character B: Quest 2 is done for your whole account. Counter character A: 1/60, counter character B: 1/60.

Correct me if I am wrong Galeas ?^^

• So if you do Quest 1 with character A and Quest 2 with character B you're screwed and you can't get 60/60 anymore because both will be at 1/60?

Yup, exactly this - you failed (at least 60/60) if you have done at least 2 different quests on 2 chars - if you start quests with one char - then do all on this char. We all had whole previous "week" for test it and im sure about it. Btw. all HQ cumulative quests always work like this.

• And be aware - at least rabbits are even in the hardest instances (im not sure about Beninerk, i have never been there) so... I feel a lot of "hate" in last week of HQ about unreachable for majority players the final rewards xD I hope Im wrong :P

I think that will look like - first week: easy quests (13 x2); second week: average difficulty quests (10 x2); last third week - hard quests (7 x2).

Well, i do sometimes stella easy for daevanion insignia and 50/50 times are fails because still a lot of people (i dont have constant party) completely dont know mechanics of bosses, even if (when i create a group) i check gears all members and they are full ultis ~+10... This is really sad (gentle word)...

• And be aware - at least rabbits are even in the hardest instances (im not sure about Beninerk, i have never been there) so... I feel a lot of "hate" in last week of HQ about unreachable for majority players the final rewards xD I hope Im wrong :P

I think that will look like - first week: easy quests (13 x2); second week: average difficulty quests (10 x2); last third week - hard quests (7 x2).

Rabbits in Prome HM and Beninerk are reachable without running the instance:

Prome HM: 30 rabbits before first boss, mobs are the same as in normal mode.

Beninerk: all mobs are in the entry area, there you have time to kill them without any mobs attacking you :)

• People still don't understand that reward is "1" for account, but the quests are not xD If they didn't change it with the maintenance ofc

iH2ZKvV.png

• I would have thought that it should be really clear how it is working after Galeas post.... I stand corrected

Sinnerfassend lesen... schwierig, ne?

• Now I understand why the event had to be restarted. It was too good to be true and someone actually did his/her job with the rewards and the amount of quests. But that is a big no no in Gameforge and that is why we had to be screwed again. We had room with some quests but now we have to tear apart our butts in instances and all over the map hunting and killing rabbits. It was too good to have stigma +9 in the rewards and legendary transformation. 60 quests for this when you had 78 is a big no no. 3 weeks we need kill rabbits everywhere...

Gameforge thoughts - How we will spoil them so badly with so big room for doing this hero trials? No no they must not get the rewards. So how to fix our mistake? If we cut rewards we get storm on board. Not that we really care about. They will complain we will say sorry. Usually sorry fixes everything. They will forget in few days and everything goes normal. But hey it is Eastern. Lets give them something if possible not what we showed them by mistake. We will use the display issue to reduce the quests number and do everything possible they not be able to do all quests. We gave too good rewards, no no. We need fix this. What else could be working here? A yes yes we say it is a bug and we use also bug excuse. They are used with sorry and bug excuses.

• Now I understand why the event had to be restarted. It was too good to be true and someone actually did his/her job with the rewards and the amount of quests. But that is a big no no in Gameforge and that is why we had to be screwed again. We had room with some quests but now we have to tear apart our butts in instances and all over the map hunting and killing rabbits. It was too good to have stigma +9 in the rewards and legendary transformation. 60 quests for this when you had 78 is a big no no. 3 weeks we need kill rabbits everywhere...

Gameforge thoughts - How we will spoil them so badly with so big room for doing this hero trials? No no they must not get the rewards. So how to fix our mistake? If we cut rewards we get storm on board. Not that we really care about. They will complain we will say sorry. Usually sorry fixes everything. They will forget in few days and everything goes normal. But hey it is Eastern. Lets give them something if possible not what we showed them by mistake. We will use the display issue to reduce the quests number and do everything possible they not be able to do all quests. We gave too good rewards, no no. We need fix this. What else could be working here? A yes yes we say it is a bug and we use also bug excuse. They are used with sorry and bug excuses.

It was repeated multiple times, there's 60 quests in total. That you seen more at the first week simply mean, that in later weeks you would have less quests. So no, it's not that you ever could skip some quests.

So you had a look in your crystal ball and knew, that there will be more than 60 quests? you know the quests of week 2 and 3 before anyone else?

It was posted in forum, that you have to complete all the quests. Also if it says "complete 60 out of 60 quests to get the final rewards" how many quests do we have? Right: 60. Only because there were 26 quests in the first week, it does not mean we will have the same amount in the further weeks.

60 out of 60 says everything about the total amount of quests!!!

They made it 20 quests per week now so even you understand there are 60 in total.