Possible/worth to come back?

• I have played Aion on and off, and last played it while there was a kinah map event during I farmed a lot of kinah.
    I haven't touched Aion since than, due motivation. I logged in, and still saw I had a lot of kinah sitting around, and was wondering if it was worth coming back.

So basically what have I missed? And is it possible to catch up with the rest of the player PvP/PvE wise. (I had good gear back than). And what are my best steps towards my return?

Thanks in advance

• 1. gather AP, manastones, enchants

2. claim new gold pack's rewards

3. check the possibility of catching:

-glowing odians or noble

-right runes

for Ur character

4. class S minion boosted, try to make

5. gather specific transformations: azphel, ariel etc

6. do sieges - good possibility to farm gold ingots now and - if HP NPC will not be deleted - honour points will give u "medal of honour" - a currency, to can buy stuff from this special NPC

7. gather experience potions, xp amulets (visit ishalgen or poeta and check, u have pink quest for xp amulets?), recovery teas, lodas golden stars

8. By log in day by day with the time period: 120 days, U can complete Ultimate Transformation Contract: Kaisinel.

9. By playing day by day and filling Lugbug Missions U can complete new UTC: 2 types.

Points 4 to 7 - U just need to play some. Without it, for example - closed chance for

- azphel form, the easiest special legendary transformation (Asmo side rewards + battlefield coin)

-ariel form, the easiest special legendary transformation (Ely side rewards + battlefield coin)

Point 4 - class S minion boosted: SS or SA. It is not easy to fill, because for me took it like close to two years.

Point 5 also like 4. I am still gathering them

Point 6 and 7 R easy.

_____

Why so many threads for this one case?

Worth or not - just log in, play one week and then try to solve Ur question ...

Edited 3 times, last by robi1102 ().

• you get 100% kaisinel after 120 days of buying powder

depends how many kkk kinah you have, you can buy glowing odians/major runes now, we just had hero trials that gave people fragments

selectable S minion is around 3-4kkk if you can find it on broker

8.0 version should be coming not too long, though we don't have any announcement yet

What you missed out mostly is various transformation contracts, a lot of people now have 4 halloween forms for extra attack, ~3 pixel contracts for extra att/def.

Player base - we want less RNG and more rewarding gameplay

Developers - we value your feedback and want to provide you with sense of pride and accomplishment by bringing .... RNG

• Thank for the information, alot to take in tbh.

What is #3, And how do I get those?

for now I'm gathering stigma stones, still need to make +15 after failing 1000000000 stigma stones already previously.

Myriani, I have around 13kkk, I have some legendary transforms alrdy but I'm seeing eveyrone with ultimate LOL!

• you obviously missed about 2 years. Of course ppl have ultimate trans now. they played, you not.

• What is #3, And how do I get those?

New P2W content, as in:

Odian - allows you to unlock up to 3 new skills (with fairly strong effects like reducing cooldown on your remove shock, applying defence debuffs etc while also having some normal effects

Runes - passive version of odians, gives you passive skills, such as extra ap/exp, stun penetration, additional damage when you hit etc.

Of course both of the items require being enchanted.

Also I'd advice to do some reaserch on how to farm kinah nowdays - 13kkk might seems like a lot for total casuals, but if you plan to play more active/hardcore you will likely run out of your kinah in no time

• Damn thanks for giving a realistic view, I was knowingly that it was an uphill battle towards getting gear etc.. but I got a feeling now I first dug a hole and I'm only facing the mountain now :(

Well cant game hardcore anymore due personal life, so that's another thing... make you wonder for who gameforge made this game ><

• And didnt I predict a troll?

I got mostly all for f2p way. Some expensive stuff, with a friends help (kinah).

Many players wasted tons aion coins and i think still have nothing, and write in game or in a forun, that it is >>>>> pointless to play <<<<<< xd conclusion.

• And you're still far from the top players.

Also your argument is pretty invalid given that you were actively playing the game and the OP is a person who took long break making catching up significantly harder.

I got mostly all for f2p way. Some expensive stuff, with a friends help (kinah).

Many players wasted tons aion coins and i think still have nothing, and write in game or in a forun, that it is >>>>> pointless to play <<<<<< xd conclusion.

why a troll? when you tell ppl the brutal truth about the game... it's expected to come with disappointment.

what to expect... it's not possible to catch up in this version.

it's possible to get the basic gear... and some runes and odians if you farm kinah like crazy (not possible for newer ppl) for glowing and more... and perhaps stigmas and daevanion skills if you nolife... but the the game is about much more

and for example we had specific events for specific forms that are not possible to get in the game and those events don't seem to come back... so no way to catch other players unless you play just as much as you missed and hope for stuff to come back one day

or trying for s minion over and over and never getting one... and you need 3.

or trying for a jorgoth...

and while you tell new ppl they can get kaisinel in 120 days... it's also a lie. new ppl don't have spare shugo coins... so half year to get their ulti. pretty much the same as lugbug 500 frags and breath.

a lot of farming but don't forget about the basic farming... cubes... boss cubes.. kinah on main and alts... so you need to gear alts and so on

the game is simply unplayable for new or returning ppl... at least at a competitive level. same for many active ppl that don't have good rng. if you lower your expectations quite to the bottom then it's playable.

Can u stop trolling ppl? its disgusting to lie to new or returner players that they can get anything f2p without having A HUGE LUCKY ACC and even IF they have a huge lucky acc they will never get to the ''top'' without spending at least minimun 1 year. Since 99% of the leg forms you can get ONLY via events 2-3 times per YEAR.

• And you're still far from the top players.

I dont care. Tell me, what does this mean "top players"? Its someone like U? :)

Also your argument is pretty invalid given that you were actively playing the game and the OP is a person who took long break making catching up significantly harder.

Wow, nice troll. All my advices R working in this game. I dont know the "bot" tool, because i dont have my laptop turned on 24 / 7, and this - unfortunately for U - will never happen.

Damn thanks for giving a realistic view, I was knowingly that it was an uphill battle towards getting gear etc.. but I got a feeling now I first dug a hole and I'm only facing the mountain now :(

Well cant game hardcore anymore due personal life, so that's another thing... make you wonder for who gameforge made this game ><

:)  :D  <3

Can u stop trolling ppl?

No, because I have never trolled and i not troll, and i will never troll - there is a difference.

My starting post in this thread is true and i really wrote it, to try help User. But below the ___ sign i wrote, what i predict - and i predicted. After a few posts, mostly after very cool post of AionRetailFanGirl99 what is written by neutral feelings ( like every his post) the troll of the thread's author has been comming out :)

________

Now If U all think i troll people:

One advice - if U want try do a realistic, trully any come back to the game - enter the Forun and try search the

present patchnote https://cmsstatic.aion.gamefor…9_Part2_PatchNotes_EN.pdf

After reading, find previous patchnotes etc.

After reading, find out about the future - incoming patch, which news about ORIGINAL KR PATCH R explored by players in the right threads in Forum.

With this behaviour, U will find out about Aion with a neutral way, straight from NCSoft > Gameforge.

After all - log in to the game and try play with Ur usual time like - one week. why one week? Because all systems in game R working with this period of time.

Edited 3 times, last by robi1102 ().

• Since 99% of the leg forms you can get ONLY via events 2-3 times per YEAR.

To the legendary forms: one rule to all fusions: 4contracts or more give a defence before a penalty (drop the tc tier)

1. 28days frame. Materials: kinah + shugo gold

a) make 12 characters

b) make a purchase from sand shop transformations: 5 contracts per character

c) make a purchase from shugo machine transformation: 1 contract per char

===>TOTAL: 6 per char X 12 chars --> 72 contracts per week

d) repeat it 4 weeks - costs 2.4kkk and 2400 shugo gold

===> TOTAL: 72 x 4 --> 288 contracts

e) spawn fusions

===>EFFECT: random

2. Infinity time frame. Materials: time

a) make new alt and make him 61 level

b) claim dark blue quest rewarding with contracts

c) one character can get for free 5x large tc

d) repeat this - i dont know how many times :)

===>EFFECT: random

3. Esoterrace + Makarna of Bitterness (difficult)

Q: why?

A: ancient tc shard

===>EFFECT: random + true to tier

4. Infinity time frame. Materials: time

Lugbug Content

Q: why

A: AC fragment of memory, Leg fragment of memory

===>EFFECT: random + true to tier

5. Infinity time frame. Materials: time

a) Battlefield Coin

b) Field's Fame content

Q: why

A: special lege tc shards

===>EFFECT: 6 contract variety (random loot) + true to bought bundle (100% matched shard) + true to tier

Edited 4 times, last by robi1102 ().

• If my posts are biased and yours are objective, please enlighten me on:

1. How do I get 11.5k HP collections quite some players already have?

2. How do I get all ultimate forms, pixels and apostles so I can get significant bonus stats from collections?

3. How do I get (Improved) Divine Protection skill nowadays?

That's some stuff with some active, but not p2w players are most often miss right now.

Sure, you can get ulti form, few pvp/pve sets, odians, runes or minions if you play active for an amount of time if you're lucky. But even then whales will have significant advantage over you.

• [...] Instead of playing the game and invest huge amount of time, I can go on the forum and ask active players what the state of the game is (thats kinda the point of forums), and if its worth coming back with a big setback.

Seems like you invested a lot of time, kudo's!

Edit by Isobel : Out of ToS

Edited once, last by Isobel ().

• I haven't touched Aion since than, due motivation.

Honestly i doupt you will find any motivation in 7.9 if previous patches couldn't keep you in game.

So basically what have I missed?

To sum it up as much as i can, game now is an exp farm simulator. You can activate bot mode in your charackter now ingame legaly with 1 click and farm all day if you wish to. You use half exp bar with an item you buy with kinah to recieve insignias of experience which is the alternative f2p currency to buy valuable items from npc. Old maps (lakrum, dumaha, katalam) became integrated maps, all players from all servers together. Oldies Ingisson / Gelkmaros are the main maps again. Sieges reduced to 3 per week. P2W atm is out of control, just check how many diffrent promos they throw at game every week ( Maintenance Info ) and most f2p events we get are unrewarding, or if it's any rewarding would be boring and need to be spammed for weeks to get something. And not to forget the flash auctions they do every now and then. https://en.aion.gameforge.com/…general/DutchAuction_629/

Good news now is you can get a guranteed kaisinel ultimate contract with shugo gold, at minimum 3 months (depends if you had shugo gold on you from before or not). And also 1 more ulti contract after x months via lugbug daily/weekly quests.

For more details of all the changes you missed check these videos https://www.youtube.com/c/HElloaion/videos

And is it possible to catch up with the rest of the player PvP/PvE wise. (I had good gear back than)

Well depends, since you already have some gear on you (i guess you have black feather set). Currently endgame pvp gear is a newer set than this. This can be farmed as f2p but its boring / RNG based. Also with every patch they keep adding any possibly trinket or function they could imagine that need enchant / cashing to give players advantage. But have in mind pvp now become too fast , you can easily get 2-3 shotted even with endgame gear. 13 bil is a good amount of kinah but is not enough to buy anything you need. Also some things need to be farmed for weeks / months and can't be bought directly. P2w - f2p gap is still huge, by f2p you won't be able to reach endgame stuff in time. You will be always left behind by cashers. In any case 8.0 is near, and will be new map, new lvl cap, new gear etc.

Legend of the Kaisinel Temple

• I dont comment UR account. Everyone has, what he did by playing or by buying - kinah in game as a trade for aion coins or by real purchase.

I touched only Ur style annd Ur attitude to publisher what was not needed for trying help author.

• Well, [unlike you] i'm not using myself as an argument that you can be competitive without p2w, duh.

Also if in your opinion it's fine to straight up lie or just convinently ignore all the flaws of aion to ppl asking question so they waste a week of their life before they realize how aion actually is like then it's fine, but I prefer to respect other ppl time atleast as much as I respect mine.