Aion Classic Discussion

• The entire "Classic" server has nothing todo with the good old retail Aion anymore.
    But I guess it's an easy way to recycle old desired content for money, just in a bad way.
    Even the "anti bot" changes are more intended to make the game easier and more appealing to the casual generation these days. Gotta hand out everything for free!

[...]

Edit by Isobel: out of tos

Have fun playing with 10 people

• The entire "Classic" server has nothing todo with the good old retail Aion anymore.
    But I guess it's an easy way to recycle old desired content for money, just in a bad way.
    Even the "anti bot" changes are more intended to make the game easier and more appealing to the casual generation these days. Gotta hand out everything for free!

[...]

Edit by Isobel: out of tos

Have fun playing with 10 people

More like 1500-2000, but hey you can enjoy your "Classic" with maybe 100 at best :)

• So, they added enchant stones in cash shop in "classic" Aion in Korea?

Haha, that's truly bringing classic Aion back, cause 3.0 was the start of Aion becoming very p2w. What can I say, thanks NcSoft for delivering such an amazing, historical accurate reference for a Classic Aion server.

Man, I swear these companies never learn huh, they just want that quick cash. But then again, p2w in Korea is natural, maybe they have a different mentality. The salary-man comes home from work, has 2 hours to play Aion, in those 2 hours what can he do, he can't even farm 1 stone. Just swipe your credit-card and voila, now he can enchant his weapon and feel strong and relevant.

~~~~

As for Gameforge's Classic, the more I think about it, the worse the idea of 2.0 classic server becomes. That's not classic in the first place, classic is lvl 50 cap not 55.

Rushing content for the sake of a new class that nobody cares about or what?

I think they should have Classic 1.*, real Classic, for at least 6 months before they go with 2.0 and even then, they should allow ppl to remain on version 1.* and just migrate the characters who want 2.0.

But then again this isn't Blizzard.

• They start at 2.0 because it is proven that 1.0 was a failure, and it is still a classic aion, I remind you that many years have passed since 2.0, if you don't like it you always have the option of not playing it

• They start at 2.0 because it is proven that 1.0 was a failure, and it is still a classic aion, I remind you that many years have passed since 2.0, if you don't like it you always have the option of not playing it

Yeah, these clowns are acting like 2.0 released 2 decades after 1.5

• 6months seems a long time in 1.*, people got "bored" real quick in NA.

I know it had many issues, but the spacing between patches was stupidly long.

• Most people will probably not even level to 50 in those 6 months, I'd say the majority will not even get to experience a full set of gear.

It is and it isn't, depends. If you're asking private srv kids who play this game 24/7 then yes, 6 months is too long.

• Actually the 1st thing i agree with you

But you said earlier like 3.0 retail was p2w. Like the game started being p2w with 4.7/4.8 powerfullstones, unlimited enchants, feathers, and from 5.0+ it went crazy with shop stuff.

Until 4.7/5.0+ what? you could gain some kinah selling gold packs? when u needed lots of other items that u need to achive yourself to gear up. And also you could also use a external website and get that kinah much cheaper than from the gp exchange, so its kinda a joke that comparation. Cos i remember people selling gold packs at 40M, when with 10 euros you could get 100M kinah outside the shop.

So overall i still think gold pack model is much more healthy for population and game in general. Than having 1 ultra dead server of Classic like NA has under sub fee, where ur still gonna experience bots/hackers & ppl buying kinah from 3rd party with real money to gain MUCH more advantage.

Aion is a tryhard game, is not based on skill. It is actually more based on your ping and gear than anything else. It has gear progression, so no matter what you do ur gonna encounter these problems. The only way? banning ppl that hacks and as fast as posible. And make gearing a reasonable way so like 70%-80% of the community can be some kind of competitive between each other. Even if some1 pay 10 euros to sell a gold pack for 20-40M kinah, and other spent 4 hours farming that 40M kinah ingame.

• Most people will probably not even level to 50 in those 6 months, I'd say the majority will not even get to experience a full set of gear.

It is and it isn't, depends. If you're asking private srv kids who play this game 24/7 then yes, 6 months is too long.

I'm not sure about that, personally, even the "slow" people with jobs and families reached max level within 6 weeks on NA.

• It has been a bit over 2 weeks since Aion EU classic had been announced, and the clash between 1.2 [...] people and the rest has not stopped, also the talk about sub fee.

Before I get into anything, I am fine with both 1.5+(better 1.7+) or 2.0 release. Oh boy... this is a long one.

People that say 15€ or 15$ for a monthly sub for a "gAmE lIkE aIoN" just does not cut it. When Aion first released it had millions of players/subs and many of those(us) at the time were kids with no job, now you are all grown up and you are incapable of spending 15$ on the game you loved/hated and still seek to play? Get real, do not blame your financial incapability on the game. And do not bring up the premium pass, no one forces you to pay 30$ for some AP and consumables. If the game does not have the sub count to make profit (or pure greed), it will always have some "pAy To WiN" in the cash shop, live with it.

I have read people writing. "I can play this and that game for 15$, or this game for free which offers a lot more than Aion". Good, then go and play those, why are you here moaning kekw.

Then we have the 1.2 people. I was obnoxiously hyped to play and try Aion with the 1.2 patch, as I went there with the PvP mindset... but this patch, frankly... is just dogpoop. First of all, Aion is not a PvP game, it is PvPvE, and as the history of MMORPGs can tell you the PvE(RP, crafters, etc) players are the ones that bring longevity to the game, not the PvP-centric players. Rest in Peace Warhammer: Online.

1.2 has no fenris/miragent, no DP(quite a long run of PvE for a casual player), no dredgion, no 3rd stigma slot, and it is very-very abyss focused which equals flight combat. You dare to say you want your "nostalgic" feeling, but you have never even played 1.2 to begin with to have any nostalgia... lol. Then I have not even mentioned the stay 40 absolute [...], that farm levelling people which adds more towards less player retention.

Then we have the super entitled people saying... "Thats it, if game releases with 2.0 I am not playing. 2.0 is not classic". NCSoft, you know this company that actually made Aion and brought Aion classic, stated that classic is 1.2 to 2.7, so you guys saying 2.0 is not classic is just so entitled, it reeks of modernity. What would make you play 2.0 if we started from 1.X? In a sense of Aion progression and how the game plays in general it makes no sense, apart from the fast campaign levelling that has a reasonable debate to it.

Let's talk a bit about levelling. I was part of an open-recruit legion at the beginning of NA. I levelled up very quick to 50, and I basically skipped every "content" that you guys yearn for. But those people that were still mid 30 to 40 range post 2-3 weeks release were hard farmed by these stay 40 "pVp PlAyErS". Guess what they did, they quit the game, the most of them kekw. But you know, with the 2.0+ campaign EXP these people can make it to the end, new or not new player which might add towards player retention. I even had a friend, who was new to Aion in general and he quit because of stay 40 people killing him, everywhere.

You all 1.2 [...] act like you want to enjoy your journey of 1 to 50 with 200 FT runs, 2-5 NTC runs, which might drop you something that you replace 10 levels later. Then there is literally no dungeon, you run DC for gear, you run SR(LOL) and you run adma/theo then everything gets deleted with 1.5 because DP+fenris gives better armor, better accs, better weapons (cries in glad, templar and chanter). Then 2.0 releases and everything but DP+fenris is "uSeLlEs" (cries in glad, templar and chanter) from 1.X. You act like this path of progression is unheard of, but it was and has been the progression path of Aion... well forever.

In short, 1.2 literally adds nothing to the game and any patch beyond it, is a far better option for the general western people.

The polls for which version to launch with, should have had 1.2, 1.5-1.9 and 2.0 as options. Just to give these 1.2 people a reality check.

And a small bit to add... 1.X is absolutely imbalanced with 2.7 skill set and skill balancing, at least there is no instant cast or do you want that also for your "NoStAlGiC fEeLiNg"?

Edit by Isobel: Disrespect.

Edited once, last by Isobel ().

• Good points, honestly I never liked flight PvP.

It would be good to experience 1.* for a bit given that there is no Arena gear so your effort still translates well in the next patch.

But then again you gotta think, does one really wanna spend 2 months like that guy earlier mentioned to lvl to 50, just to have 2.0 after 3 months and have your efforts = 0?

Might as well start with 2.0 then.

So far seems to me the 2.0 seems a bit more of a logical choice.

• First of all, Aion didnt had millions of players not even at start (specially in EU+NA).

Second, the sub fee for Aion when it came out was 12 euros not 15 or 20 euros Omegalul.

Third, is not about having 15 euros or not. Its about why are u gonna spend it on a game like Aion that doesnt deserve it at all, instead of spending it in other things. Poor engine, poor quality content, outdated in graphics, no big population, no direct relation with developers .... and i can keep on.

One thing is paying a sub on a game like WoW that is or was the king of the MMOS, and other thing is paying a sub fee on a game like Aion. That is trash, more p2w incoming in daeva pass & shop, and inmense grinding (aka no-life).

You will see how dead EU servers are under sub fee in 1-2 months. But you know what? you will blame other things like bad events, p2w daeva pass/shop etc.. but never the sub fee itself lol.

• Aion had millions of subs worldwide, NA/EU might not have peaked at million+ concurrent subs, but the point stands nevertheless what I wrote.

If the game you want to play everyday does not deserve your 10-15$ a month, then why are you here.

You say the game is trash and also having a sub fee on this trash game is a problem... Then again, why are you?

There is at least one fair assumption to have, Aion EU should have more people than NA, even in a "dead" state. I am personally happy with 2-3k active players, because it is just enough for a game like Aion, obviously 1 server.

• Hello! Dear AION Classic Team, will the blocking of accounts from Ukraine, Russia and the CIS?:)

Edited once, last by Vassabi ().

• Look if EU+NA would have peaked nearly 1 million subs, + game copy sales + shop items. The game would have remain B2P+ Sub fee in the west. But instead the game died fast af, and went f2p in 2 years.

The reality was. Most ppl (including me) bought the game by intese marketing or coming from other games like gw1 where they gifted you with unique wings item for buying an Aion copy. And most of them didnt get pass the 1st MONTH that was FREE with buying the game.

The game rapidly died, with lots of server merges both in EU/NA. And in 2 years it was free to play. And that was under 12 euros sub fee, imagine at 15/20 euros + daeva pass + p2w shop a decade later xD.

And also i like certain things about Aion, like combat, Aesthetics, nostalgia etc. But that does not justify spending a sub fee on a tier D MMO that doesnt deserve it (ive given plenty of reason why it doesnt deserve it, and compared to any top MMO with sub fee or without).

So please, look at the big picture when giving statments. Cos ur selling like Aion was a massive success, and it wasnt. It had just some success in certain regions of Asia (KR-China). Everywhere else it was a niche game, despite all the efforts of NCsoft to publish and market it everywhere.

Again for your information regarding amount of players, impact and money earnings. The only games that were a BIG success for NCsoft were Lineage 1 & 2 (made by them in Korea). And Guild Wars 1 & 2 (made by Arenanet).

PD: Yeah NA Classic have right now 400-600 active players a day in 1 server. It looks very promising even tho EU always had a bit more activity. (i think games in maintenance mode have x7 times more numbers)

PD2: I havent seen Aion being listed in any top 20 MMO or more list in the past 10 years. Not even in 4.0, it was forbidden.

• There's pretty cool (but lengthy) explanation on how s2p and f2p are both viable and when by Ghostcrawler, who's really experienced in the mmo(rpg) game design

>>Link<<

Personally I think that Aion won't make it with only aion diehard fans, and with s2p we won't get enough of new players to keep the game populated enough, but it's totally cool to have different opinions

• If the game you want to play everyday does not deserve your 10-15$ a month, then why are you here.

Because i play live aion, what for me is the main game, because i started in late 5.8 patch.

I am here, because i would like to suffer your feelings and that mentioned :nostalgia:

If i have to pay 700 luna right now for battle pass every 25-30 days it costs me some money right? and by it, i have to buy it if i expect from my main character be a bit closer (bc of the title and waters) to 20-30% pepole just playing with auctions, over others just not unlocking the paid path. And NPC Mowati (asmo) does not wear the quests rewarding with luna, because of deleted them and putting really poor rewarding quests instead.

I am here and i believe in Gameforge, to he will understand me, and then he will let me play classic or even will let me try to play a bit. I want believe in it, that even the try to feel no restriction will not cost me more than mentioned 10-15EURO.

The price of non-restricted playing in classis does not come from of me, but comes from the present geo-politics and the one big issue causing the present big worldwide difficulty. You know? And by it, that difficulty makes hard to think about the real future. This touches everyone in this world now. U cant say, that Ur money R safe right now, even U have billions. Oneshot and U can have no chance for even spend some.

This Ur taunt is really stupid bro, even i can like many of Ur arguments and explanations. Just please, dont freeze again like this quote ...

• There's pretty cool (but lengthy) explanation on how s2p and f2p are both viable and when by Ghostcrawler, who's really experienced in the mmo(rpg) game design

>>Link<<

Personally I think that Aion won't make it with only aion diehard fans, and with s2p we won't get enough of new players to keep the game populated enough, but it's totally cool to have different opinions

I think your missing another option that is vastly used in the MMORPG scene: "B2P" (Buy to Play), buy the game copy and expansions. That type of model, is sometimes mixed with F2P. For example the core game is free to play, but the expanions or certain updates are buy to play + always microtransactions in shop.

And fairly enough cosmetic/qol microtransactions in games with good population. Makes wayyyy more money than sub fees.

• So people paid a box price, that was more expensive than the sub fee, so the sub is the problem, makes sense. Debatable that people jumped into a fresh experience of course.

But you will never take away that Aion has mainly failed on the west for the same reasons as Lineage 2 or any Korean grind-simulator. It was just harsh to level, the RNG system was unreasonable, horrible drop rate, dogshit PvE and this was during WoW peak era. Game was just simply unforgiving.

There is nothing outside of yourself to justify if you want to pay a sub for a game or not, D tier or not.

I am looking at the big picture, Aion was a success considering when it was launched especially, like literally peak WoW time lol. It is rapid decline, well I already explained. If you are looking for someone who says vague stuff, you look for Kotoro.

Edited once, last by Oneuproad ().