Posts by Tomonori

..people left NA because of the gross mismanagement and AP traders/cheaters, what?

You got thousands of people still playing on private servers. As long as gameforge doesn't follow NA's mistakes the game will have a healthy population for a long time

He ping pongs between KR and NA however he sees fit

Source: [...] as usual

Edit by Isobel: Please stay polite ;)

They start at 2.0 because it is proven that 1.0 was a failure, and it is still a classic aion, I remind you that many years have passed since 2.0, if you don't like it you always have the option of not playing it

Yeah, these clowns are acting like 2.0 released 2 decades after 1.5

The entire "Classic" server has nothing todo with the good old retail Aion anymore.
    But I guess it's an easy way to recycle old desired content for money, just in a bad way.
    Even the "anti bot" changes are more intended to make the game easier and more appealing to the casual generation these days. Gotta hand out everything for free!

[...]

Edit by Isobel: out of tos

Have fun playing with 10 people

IMO the monetization is more important than the patch. NA's slow patch release would have been more tolerable if we didn't have the battle pass and candies sky rocketing everybody's progression

By aion I meant the versions where the Classic tag would apply. We don't speak about retail because that's a massive mess and is no longer "Aion" imo.

Its because sub fee in a trash game like aion = dead. I spent 150 euros last year in expansions and stuff in GW2 for years and years of guaranteed content without P2W, but Aion? no thanks. And second cos the patch 1.2 is not as good as u wanna sell it.

So u are trying to represent the Aion community with your opinion, but u say Aion is a trash game. Why don't u move along back to Guildwars 2 and not try to ruin the classic launch for the players who actually like aion.

Gameforge might mistake your opinion for the wider range of Aion fans, while clearly u aren't.

If you actually liked aion you would play it regardless of 1.x or 2.x but instead all of you just want to stroke your nostalgia without caring about the future of the game

Most of the top MMOs are P2P or B2P though..

I hope that 1 Month of Aura costs about 20€.

We´re all working ppl right now, so we can afford much more then to the real classic time. Hobbies should be worth sth. And the price will lower the chance that ppl will be toxic, cause getting banned but paid 20€ a month can hurt ;)

anything above 10-15€ is unreasonable. esp given there is a premium pass as well.

If the premium pass only has cosmetics it doesn't matter. Monetize the shit out of hats but keep the game P2W free(or at least for the first months)

My only issue with 2.x is the Ap gain on Eltnen, Heiron, Morheim, Beluslan is reduced. That's why I want 1.x, pvp is almost everything in this game and I don't want to be limited to Silentera, Gelk, Ing.

So you want to gain reduced AP from low lvl people instead? Are you serious?

afc not, you dont gain AP from low lvls. i dont kill low levels. but if i'm lvl 35, a 30 is not a low level

Except it won't stop at just that level. Lvl 50 players will mostly face people under 50 in heiron/beluslan and the difference is massive. The only place where you would encounter lvl 50 players more commonly are upper forts but flight pvp is garbage

My only issue with 2.x is the Ap gain on Eltnen, Heiron, Morheim, Beluslan is reduced. That's why I want 1.x, pvp is almost everything in this game and I don't want to be limited to Silentera, Gelk, Ing.

So you want to gain reduced AP from low lvl people instead? Are you serious?

i usually troll around a bit with my answers, but im gonna be honest now.

i dont mind 2.0, i think in the end i will enjoy the patch 2.x more than 1.x.

BUT i want to play 1.x before 2.0 because we will get to 2.0 anyway.

i especially dont want to rush to 3.0. i dont care a bit about the executor class and what ncsoft is doing with current classic on korea. they gonna fu ck up the experience and nostalgia for everyone with any new changes.

But the whole premise of Classic is that they will listen to what the players want and so far they did a pretty good job

TL;DR

You don't actually care about the game's future, you're just fueling your nostalgia

You need support from Korea cos there will be problems, you cant live in 1.2 when Korea is in 3.2. 3.0 korea is meant to be also that new classic Aion different from Retail.

People in Europe are not gonna enjoy 1 year of fighting in abyss (flying pvp), cos it sux, just cos in Korea they did for 1 year, and i would even say the same for 2.0. Cos its not like the best patch either for PvP. But at least its a good starting point for EU that is still Aion Classic and closer to the future of Aion Classic and a supposed better version "3.0".

The only complain i see here is 1.x having a harder leveling. Avoid campaign quest and level doing Fire Temple if you want. Thats not an excuse for putting EU in a worst patch in general or being 300 years behind Korea and having dedicated programmers in Korea to give support to EU 1.2 when all the rest of the regions are way ahead. At high level you will be able to enjoy Dark Poeta and the other 1.x high level instances. Same as the upper abyss instances.

Honestly Classic 3.0 is more exciting than anything else. I don't give a damn what map we play on, as long as the game stays to its roots and we get a properly balanced map(not like 1.x and 2.x), I'm more than happy to play this game for years

- snip

- snip

The decline came later due to the lack of content in 2.x. When 2.0 first released it had massive success

2.0 had flaws - like getting locked out of SC by the dominant faction so they gained huge advantages. - Similar to how legions monopolized Upper Reshanta Instances pre-2.0.

Balancing a 2 faction systems is a nightmare, having 3 -
    (for Aion - player controlled balaur + asmo/ely siege ships so you would be forced to stretch thin vs decisions and their consequences) -
    or more should be the way in a true open world MMO. Would they band together and overthrow the king? YES, but they would start a power struggle in an instant against each-other = a continuously changing dynamic. It would introduce the dimension of (alliance) politics into a game.

Wtf are you smoking? You're talking about a different game at this point..

And 1.x had plenty of flaws. Flight pvp is garbage, all open world pvp except for some upper abyss revolved around killing lowbies mostly, etc

We literally had the player numbers for a while on myaion.eu but you're talking out of your ass as usual. Yeah they had to open new servers, AT LAUNCH, but after that, the server population steadily declined

Doesn't take away from the fact that 2.0 was the decline of Aion the world over. Yes it initially spiked when it launched due to hype but it did NOT hold players for nearly as long as 1.x era. Seems to me you are the one talking out your back side.

Guys i think i found the GF spy disguised as a player! :D

The decline came later due to the lack of content in 2.x. When 2.0 first released it had massive success

We literally had the player numbers for a while on myaion.eu but you're talking out of your ass as usual. Yeah they had to open new servers, AT LAUNCH, but after that, the server population steadily declined

There must be a reason why Gameforge decides to go with 2.0

Maybe in Korea aion classic 1,x wasnt popular and 2,x was ? It's not like they look at 2 options every time and decide to go with the worst one. Did they say why 2.0 and not 1. x ?

In Korea 1,x was HUGELY popular.

They probably looked at the population in NA where it died down quickly, ignoring the real reasons why NA failed.

Classic was very big close to release in KR but it slowly went downhill as 1.x progressed just like NA. 2.0 is way better for the health of the game and the future

If anything, choosing 2.0 as the start is already aiming for the long game tbh