Memory eaten by aion when Bot is activated

• This is how you answer on your 1108 posts ? my RAM is fine.

im just saying that every 5-10 sec, the game, when bot is activated, is eating more and more process

try by your self : Start 2 aion, 1 bot activated , 1 without

wait an hour, I swear that you will be careful next time about botting on your main PC, specially if it cost 2k++

• Depends on day.

Since the time my game used 8GB of RAM, I didn't have this problem anymore, and even if I let 2 bot running for 8hr-10hr while I'm AFK, I'll stay under 3GB.

what do you mean by "since the time my game users 8GB of RAM"

• Depends on day.

Since the time my game used 8GB of RAM, I didn't have this problem anymore, and even if I let 2 bot running for 8hr-10hr while I'm AFK, I'll stay under 3GB.

what do you mean by "since the time my game users 8GB of RAM"

I mean that I had the problem thrice, the third time I check the task manager and my game was using 8BG of RAM, I did a ticket to report it, and since then, I don't have it anymore. Even with 2 bots all day long.

• and they asked you for a AIONLOG folderwhich is not existing ? then close your ticket ?

:D

Never heard about a AIONLOG folder and I have 3 PC with 4 aion installed...

I opened a ticket, lets see if I get same answer. anyway thanks Kayiane

• After reading your replies i guess u have no ideea how RAM is working.

Of course if you open 2 clients and 1 will bot while the other is afking the one botting will consume more RAM, because the bot does not stay put, it moves and gathers info. Where is the info stored ? in RAM. If your bot is moving a lot on the map it is normal for the aion process to consume more RAM.

And don't worry, AION will not kill your PC, the operating system knows how to handle data and will start ditching data that is not used very often.

Edit.
    I made a mistake by trying to explain the way i did, i'll try to rephrase it.

What is RAM ?
    Random access memory. What does that mean? It means that the processor has access at every address at any time.
    Why do we need RAM ?
    It is needed because of the high speed difference between processor and storage. Accessing the data directly from your storage ( SSD/HDD ) will cause a huge bottleneck and will slow down your PC. What RAM is doing is 'downloading' data needed by processor from the storage for a faster access.

No matter how much RAM your PC has, a process needing data will always consume as much as possible for faster access. If your PC has 128 GB of ram, letting a bot in aion for 8 hours will end up using almost all the data from the aion folder. The more data stored in RAM, the faster the process will be.

• The AIONLOG folder can be created to "log" every problem your client has.

It is asked by the support, and as I said I didn't have one, they told me to create one and I told to them that if I had this problem again, I'll contact them with the content of the folder.

It is used to help them transfer the problem to the people in charge of it.

No matter how much RAM your PC has, a process needing data will always consume as much as possible for faster access. If your PC has 128 GB of ram, letting a bot in aion for 8 hours will end up using almost all the data from the aion folder. The more data stored in RAM, the faster the process will be.

Whether it is on my laptop (8Go RAM) or my desktop (32Go RAM), one aion process uses in average 2,5 to 4,5 Go of RAM, no more, whatever I am doing in game.

Going up to 8Go wasn't normal, as I wasn't doing more than everyday. Moreover, the game crashed without crashing (it didn't respond anymore, and I had to kill the process through task manager).

And yes, the AionBot has memory leaks.

Too many account of people having crash issues or game going wild (big freeze of 30s and 10s of fluidity) to be ignored.

• Whether it is on my laptop (8Go RAM) or my desktop (32Go RAM), one aion process uses in average 2,5 to 4,5 Go of RAM, no more, whatever I am doing in game.

Going up to 8Go wasn't normal, as I wasn't doing more than everyday. Moreover, the game crashed without crashing (it didn't respond anymore, and I had to kill the process through task manager).

And yes, the AionBot has memory leaks.

Too many account of people having crash issues or game going wild (big freeze of 30s and 10s of fluidity) to be ignored.

Well, i wasn't talking about AION's process, but the concept of memory and processes consuming it in general.
    Even though we are playing on 64bit client, it is still acting like a 32bit one. The poor coding behind the game leads to memory problems like these, which are the cause of every bug, crashes, fps drops and disconnects we get.

• Well, i wasn't talking about AION's process, but the concept of memory and processes consuming it in general.
    Even though we are playing on 64bit client, it is still acting like a 32bit one. The poor coding behind the game leads to memory problems like these, which are the cause of every bug, crashes, fps drops and disconnects we get.

Meh. In that case, indeed.

You were speaking in general, and I was speaking specifically of the "Aion problem" xD

• Since 7.5 Aion keeps everything loaded in the RAM unless you run out afaik. Really helps users with a lot of RAM at sieges (got my RAM usage up to 20GB on 1 client) since the lagspikes after the initial load are way less crippling. And once you hit that RAM capacity, you OS will move less used data in the RAM into your pagefile instead to make space for new programs etc. (That's how the pagefile is SUPPOSED to work at least, I never encountered an issue with crashes due to low RAM, but I guess there could be the one or other odd bug?)

• [...]

Edit by Isobel : Out of ToS.

Edited once, last by Isobel ().

• i never had problems but starting today in the morning i get CLIENT crashes,

CRITICAL Error Cry engine

Buffer Overload this is message i got

Aion was runing in background meanwhile i was working...

3rd gamecrash i had in 2hours....wtf is going on?