Posts by Agrel

3k Mobs in Red Kata inc or something silly like that? :S

Elite Levels:
    [12th Anniversary] Ultimate Transformation Chance (21 types)

This is a 100% Legend contract! why would you guys even bother with adding: ultimate in there? Some luck guy of 1000 gonna get ultimate - we all know the RNG u set is as lowest you are allowed to set by nc.. these rewards was laughable! oh my good god! :D what a joke.

At least open world drops are gone, right? ;)

Seems they will not change the amount of mobs in katalam.... one week more will not solve it... sad

The amount of mobs is not the problem [...]

Edit Olly : Taunt.

The problem is ely alliances hunting asmos just for lolz, they even kill live players not boting. + All the rival ranged asmo chars, so I had to supervise the Combat Helper last midnight it wasn't fun... It defeats the purpose of the Combat Helper like I cant even watch a movie in peace if I dont want my char to be dead when I come to take a look. + You seem to forget all the just for lolz killerz on both sides or they come back with opposite faction alt to kill you coz u annoy them with your presence only (I leave elys alone esp bots coz I am not a j*rk)... Sigh..

I only see it working if it is somehow integrated into Retail, like you can choose a Classic server or 2 from Server list. Like in Wow (?), maybe its difficult from the point of tech (diff client, version), but it wouldn't fragment the player base and the Title, would look better too on stats. Biggest obstacle must be the Shop I would suspect, just as in NA or Korea (thought dunno if they even considered an unified front as I wrote above). + Whales could hop on and out without giving up their Retail main, esp between patches like 1.5-1.9-2.7 and so on.

Yet I know NcSoft cant be taken seriously, so it was just a theory/my personal thoughts.

if you want to get some more bombs - you can keep a second client open with your alt account and rotate characters for afk bombs. Then go to instance with both main and your alt and only use bombs from those afk alts. Obviously it's brain dead boring thing to do, but it's an option

It is way worse than old "nolife" Abyss Instances/Guard farm/Dark Poeta/ old Beshmudir HM lmao. Yet ppl call old 1.5-2.0 braindead farm. Rates were bad, so bad you didn't get the last piece missing the natural way. (not mentioning drop sellers) :) Still you could go into instances until you passed out from fatigue (insane yea, some did this even then) , so it was your choice at least. Now there is a limit on everything like wrap scrolls cough... :rolleyes:

Note: I find 8.0 okish, but slowish even dragging: kill 30 mobs or gather 30 items but 30+ ppl hunts for/gathers the same thing. Only grp works on Bounty quests etc..

-snip

Death of a Game: Aion Watch this video.

It was meant to be p2w, to fill a gap between the new flagship titles: like next (at that time) Lineage or next Guild Wars.

NcSoft exactly started to go downhill around 2009-2010, even if it looked like just tiny cracks from the outside. While their top titles still performed quite well, esp Korea as market.

Sad part is Gf have lost a great chance due to these technical difficulties.

Gf lost a chance to release <an old game made in an ancient game engine which is unable to efectively use the modern PC parts with no anticheat and made by a company who is known for literally p2w ruining all of their other pc games> game in time due to these technical difficulties.

They just dodged a bullet, seeing current NA numbers . :)

NC united launcher/site

Yea, I remember when all of their games had separate launchers and sites with divided support. Not to mention Classics client is kinda lazy. (I played a bit)

Like they were in a hurry to present something after seeing WoW classic. (while not learning from the LN2 Classic fail.)

They united everything under one house (*they thought autonomy was the problem which they perceived as fractured = bad, but its the lack of communication and a proper respect for the West market/consumers :S) and try to rule with an iron fist giving almost zero autonomy. In the end they are still getting rekt on the long term, it is fascinating. ;)

Ppl befor aion na classic release: classic will revive the game, classic is the best patch, classic is what everyone wants,classic is only p2p, its so awesome!!!
    Aion na classic after like 1 month: 1 pretty dead server already, 1 server with 'ok' population :D

that dead server you meantion has more players insie fire temple on just 1 faction then enitier eu retail

It rivaled EU retail (all servers combined) in the first few hours, maybe even beat it, BUT not anymore.... both are empty shells now. I wont even mention NA retail with those 200 players... ;)

İ join divine fortness one more time,i got ap from pvp and dpsing boss but im not getting glory from siege also im using xform for ap still im not getting anything if u can fix it i ill be so happy :).

Same stuff happened to me yday lmao. 0 honor and it was unplayable. X/

Not to mention GW1 has a load of content even in this state, I played a lot but I still could do achis/collect stuff like miniatures/maxing stuff, 4 campaigns, great world map etc..

Sadly is a bit old now and things are instanced, but its beats Aion in a lot of aspects while from here stuff was removed, lore wasn't that deep. As at this point they can be compared as they are both old games.

I am surprised Aion lived this long, because it was developed in a p2w-cashgrab mindset to fill the gap between Lineage and the next big NC flagship franchise. However it never came as NC spiraled into a stagnation itself.

While NC killed Wildstar, GW1 is an undead, GW2 not managed properly,mobile Aion 2, B&S etc.. Who would trust NC after their history?! X/

it was 5.5k back in the day when we had precise numbers and not percentages... not 3k

On NA aion almost everyone is a paying player, unlike EU. So u can't even compare f2p with p2p servers.

in reality... not really. so many from brazil or other sa country play for free... or even from mexico. there are a lot of players from those parts in na. even some americans think that a sub and a pass is kind of expensive. but it's true that they have more ppl willing to pay more... like p2w... as we had our arabic ppl paying more than europeans.

My problem is NC HQ (Korea) is thinking in a p2w mindset even for classic and its seems like a final milking of Aion as franchise to me.

Another thing is NcWest blew the potential in a Western classic with all the drama and BS they pulled. + GF is occupied with SOLO, a "brand new" game of theirs with stuff like: better housing system and side activities. (I did some reading on reddit)

I see Aion to be placed to the same self as TERA for example: like the "it just exists, whatever" one by GF. Esp after the limited collection weps having limited time themselves lol.

They obviously won't. We're playing an MMORPG with a heavy focus on "competitive" pvp. Early advantages don't diminish, it's quite the opposite, the gap only get's bigger.

Thinking a strong advantage in the first 7 days will just magicly diminish is wishfull thinking.

+ They will add other things, so the $$$ will keep flowing. What stops them? Nothing.

Ok Click I will try my best: even 20% is low chance mathematically, its 0,2 and 1 is it will happen aka 100%, if it would be 20% (0,2) which is not. The outcome is in favor of you loosing even with 20%, every transmorph is a new event. If you don't understand I give up.

I wouldn't sink billions of kinah and ench stones even with 20%.

I was saying that too, to be honest, you actually have tiny chance.

Why so triggered?

Its lottery/gamble so no point to get so worked up. Big numbers wise I am right, thats how combinatorics work. Like there is a probability you can always drop head with a coin (its not unlikely stat wise, there is no tail should be dropped coz it must be) or they dont draw a number on lottery, ppl think there is a time when that said number MUST be drawn, because it wasnt drawn so they bet on it, thats wrong.

Statistics apply and if u do it more and more it will try get close to what it should be statistically math wise. I was saying that, this is why you do more than 1 experiment, more the better in science even then you cant be 100% sure. Do you get me? I didn't say its 20% , I was aiming at the fact ppl would think that, so its an illusion, thats how ordinary brain works. Like you have 5 % chance then they think it is like 100% no? No lol, ofc not.

-text-

-text-

It is the same for Lumiel?

It is worse as you see the possible good reward and it teases you, however you have to choose from 5, while all of them are hidden. So you y have 20% chance in theory, which is like from 5 tries you get that item.

However there aren't 5 tries as you have to morph a new one. Mathematically meaning almost 0 chance probability wise, you would need huge number of tries to even things out a bit.

In case someone is reading this thread and has no clue, what's going on with NA version of AION CLassic:

It is an ok vid, but he skips some stuff on purpose or tries to belittle the problem (at least it seems like):

For example the Fenris/Miragent and profession to master level to proc heart problem. With this extra kinah they can afk craft to max, then later get the balic mats and force their way through to +15 etc.. There are wings in the shop, its a huge advantage in Reshanta and in aethertapping zones. ?(

I get his logic why not a problem to him YET, but the economy in Aion wasn't designed to handle a kinah injection of this size, some come up with retail for example but ppl have to farm there/do pig in tower/lurkers so it is not simple card swipe. Some of that huge (candy) kinah wealth is hidden and is dormant for the moment, but it is still there waiting to be used.

He admits its bad, but keeps playing without noticing what can come in the next "pass" and in the shop (full armor? +15). X/

There is no middle ground sadly or shouldn't be a question, its p2w or not period and not p2w and sub lmao, esp if its a sub game with an expensive (2 months sub price) pass.