New to Assassin

• Hello, everyone!

I had just levelled up an Assassin and so far I'm quite clueless about how I should proceed. I'm not exactly a new player so I know some mechanics (weaving, jump casting, etc) but I've never played this class much. Anyway, here are the questions:

- [Stigma] What's the best stigma setup for PvE/PvP or both? I had opened Shadow Walk and Deadly Abandon but left the rest unopened since I wasn't really sure

- [PvE gear] As for weapons, should I buy Dumaha or Senekta? Dagger on left hand and sword on right hand? Noble Spen accesories or Pandora ones?

- [Mechanics] Should I be weaving every single skill I'm using? Is there any good skill rotation to improve my DPS?

- [PvP gear] Since this is another character and I also have to invest time for my main, should I farm Intense Battle or trying to get Silent Black?

- [Manastones] I've been told that crit strike needs to be at least 30%, and after that, going for physical attack. Is this correct or is it different for the Assassin?

- [PvP] Since I have around 70~120ms, is it any good? Also, this is a bit personal, but... Am I the only one who gets nervous? Like, I struggle at focusing and I keep forgetting that I had buffs I could have used for a better outcome. Would this get any better if I jumped more on PvP?

Thank you in advance :) If you have any other tip you might wanna share, it will be really appreciated as well!

• Hello, welcome to sin!

It's a good thing that you already know stuff like weaving, anyhow I'll answer your questions for you.

Stigmas for PvE: Dagger Oath, Lightning Slash, Apply Lethal Venom, Eye of Wrath, Deadly Abandon, Shadowfall. If you're up against bosses, you could swap Shadowfall for Sigil Strike. I don't know if you've already got your three additional stigma slots unlocked, but once you have them, you can get Dash and Slash, Venomous Strike and Shadowfall / Sigil Strike.

Stigmas for PvP: Dagger Oath, Lightning Slash, Fleeing Posture, Shadowfall, Ambush Raid, Shadow Walk OR Deadly Abandon, depends on if you like to be in hide a lot or not. Your three additional slots should be: Dash and Slash OR Apply Lethal Venom, your choice really as they're both good, take Dash and Slash if you're struggling to keep up with your opponents and Lethal Venom if you're confident you can stay near your opponents but just want that extra RNG DPS. Next up you can choose between Venomous Strike or Oath of Accuracy, you can use Venomous to help you cover silence or blind, or Oath of Accuracy if you're struggling vs Evasion set users, though I don't see that happening very often, and last of course, the stigma you didn't take yet because you chose one or the other earlier, Deadly Abandon or Shadow Walk.

As for PvE gear, I'd personally go for Dumaha Extends, since you'll be using them for PvP as well, and that's cost efficient! Doesn't matter in what hand you put them anymore I don't think, but for OCD's sake, put dagger in your left hand and sword in your right to make sure other sin's wont come cry at you for "PuTtiNg YoUr WEapoNs In thE WrOng haND". Also when it comes to actual armour and accessories, just go for either instance gear, or splen if you ask me. Not worth it to go for Pandora anymore in this patch.

For PvP Gear, like I said, you can always use your Extendable PvE ones, since you won't have a lot of reach if you don't have extendables. However, if you still want to swap to PvP weapons to when you're close for example, I'd just wait for 7.5 and get the new genesis weapons then, same for armour and accessories. In the meanwhile just farm Genesis Crystals and maybe Red Katalam if you're impatient :P

Onto weaving, For PvE, I don't recommend you to weave after every skill, at least not until you get Kaisinel. Just most importantly, weave whenever you use Devotion (the blue buff) as this skill increases your auto attack damage by a bit. For PvP, I don't recommend you to weave at all really, nowadays, once you get gear and your daevanions, you mainly just want to focus on spamming your skills fast and in the right order. Try to take advantage of your Red Ambush Daevanion's 100% crit rate to use your Whirlwind Slash Daevanion, Surprise Attack, Dash and Slash (if you have it), etc. I could write you entire rotations but I'd be here all day, but hit me up if you really wanna know some rotations, though in pve I just kinda spam everything and make sure I spam that red ambush + burst skills after.

Regarding manastones, I'd honestly just go for full Physical Attack, since you already have a lot of time where you 100% crit with your Red Ambush. You CAN put some Crit Stones if you must, but honestly, 25% is more than enough if you ask me. Like said before, just use burst skills after Red Ambush.

70-120ms is not great for a sin, but it's not awful. You can pvp with it, but I recommend you try to get better ping by using a ping reducing program like ExitLag, Battleping, etc. You can use many of them for free by using new trial accounts every week or so.

Of course it's normal to be nervous! You're new to the class and you're not sure what to press next. It's completely normal and you shouldn't feel bad about it. This will get better over time, once you're more confident in your own abilities and once your muscle memory starts to grow for sin. Just playing is the answer to this if you wanna get rid of it fast, regardless whether it's PvE or PvP! Also make sure to use keybinds, if you're going to click, sin is just not for you!

Well there you go, I don't really have any more tips I can quickly write down and I gotta run now, but feel free to leave any other questions you have and I'll respond ASAP :)

Good luck & Enjoy!

Edited 2 times, last by Ayimi ().

• Thanks a lot for your help, I really appreciate it! ^^

I'm personally playing this Assassin because I felt like I needed a second character with strong DPS, and to have some fun on PvP as well. Hit and run tactics, being able to hide, burst damage, running like the Roadrunner, all these stuff sound really fun to me. But I can already see it's a difficult class to get good at, so most likely it's going to take a good while until I'm decent enough.

By the way, what stats should I roll for the gear? HP / Attack / Crit? How much crit do I need to reach 25%?

On the other hand, as I've been testing, attack speed doesn't go lower than 0.8, which makes me wonder if it's capped or not. I have Hamerun and Kromede if that helps (both decrease the attack speed to the very same amount).

• Doesn't matter in what hand you put them anymore I don't think, but for OCD's sake, put dagger in your left hand and sword in your right to make sure other sin's wont come cry at you for "PuTtiNg YoUr WEapoNs In thE WrOng haND".

It still matter.

D/D is capped at 0.750 (0.600 with kaisinel)

D/S is capped at 0.775 (0.620 with kaisinel)

S/D is capped at 0.850 (0.680 with kaisinel)

S/S is capped at 0.875 (0.700 with kaisinel)

D/-is capped at 0.600(0.480with kaisinel)

S/- is capped at 0.700(0.560 with kaisinel)

On the other hand, as I've been testing, attack speed doesn't go lower than 0.8, which makes me wonder if it's capped or not. I have Hamerun and Kromede if that helps (both decrease the attack speed to the very same amount).

Atk speed cap is exactly 50% of base attack speed.

The formula of base attack speed in case of having 2 weapons is the base speed of main hand weapon (1.2 for daggers and 1.4 for swords) + 25% of the offhand weapon base speed.

• Stigmas for PvE: Dagger Oath, Lightning Slash, Apply Lethal Venom, Eye of Wrath, Deadly Abandon, Shadowfall. If you're up against bosses, you could swap Shadowfall for Sigil Strike.

when you dont have all stigmas +12:

Dagger Oath / Lightning Slash / Dash and Slash (gets cd reduction when Whirlwind Slash crits) / Deadly Abandon / Sigil Strike / Venomous Strike or Eye of Wrath in Main slots (Shadowfall when you grind mobs)

if you have all stigmas +9, get everything

Apply Lethal Venom isnt good anymore because of 20% procc and Lightning Slash would boost whole physical classes + self dmg increases.

• Sadly this is a fresh new character and I don't have the kinah to invest on +9 or even +12 stigmas, if anything it would be on gear instead. But I'll keep in mind this setup :thumbup:Thanks a lot! :)

Atk speed cap is exactly 50% of base attack speed.

The formula of base attack speed in case of having 2 weapons is the base speed of main hand weapon (1.2 for daggers and 1.4 for swords) + 25% of the offhand weapon base speed.

So basically +19% attack speed weapons and Kromede are going to cap the attack speed to 0.775, no matter what. Is this correct? Also, does this also apply to buffs such as WoW/SoD? How come Kaisinel decreases that cap even further?

Edited once, last by Caim ().

• So basically +19% attack speed weapons and Kromede are going to cap the attack speed to 0.775, no matter what. Is this correct? Also, does this also apply to buffs such as WoW/SoD?

Correct, unless you will get atk speed debuff (for example slashing wind from cleric) you will have same speed with both

Kromede + 19% from weapon

and

Kromede + 19% from weapon + 20% from flurry + i don't remember how many % from wow/sod.

How come Kaisinel decreases that cap even further?

To cash grab more players. When you're with kaisinel your cap is lifted from 50% to 60%

• :scensored:

Wait in shadow walk as soon as your target has no remove shock and no CD full buff + Kromede buff ofc ;) easy win no need all your calculation to play sin !

Naming players is not allowed on the forum.

- Zapiel

• get the new genesis weapons then

Dont do that, the genesis crystal ultimate pvp gear is weaker than katalam gear..

for comparison:

Intense Battle Dagger (Katalam)

lakrum Scout Troop Dagger (Genesis Crystal Gear)

Silent Black Feather Dagger

So from Genesis Crystal Dagger to Intense Battle Dagger you get 60 Attack.

From Intense Battle to Silent Black feather you get an extra 110 Attack.

Looking at how easy it is to get at least Intense Battle Gear (which will get easier with 7.5), the Genesis Crystal Gear is probably only good for slot stones.

• Ok, so:

- My assassin is getting slowly but steadily geared (I can't afford to get expensive stigmas, so I won't be able to improve the DPS on this field)

- What stats should I roll for the gear? Physical and crit are the primary options as far as I can tell, but what other stats are great for the Asssassin?

- Is the Assassin's kit that strong or am I being just lucky at killing the enemy faction? My banes are all plate users, Spiritmasters (no matter how many Aethertwistings I use against it, it's unbearable), Painters and Assassins. Do you have any tip to deal with any of these classes?

- Just found that my ping is far from even being slightly decent. While watching Squall's videos from his Youtube channel, he said that there's one trick to reveal your true ping. Walk constantly facing a wall and then /ping through a macro. While being inactive, my ping is around 70~120ms, but while doing this trick it's +200ms. Well, way to play Assassin I guess

- This said, I'm kind of reluctant about using a third party program to have my ping reduced. It's not like I haven't used Battleping or WTFast a few years ago, but I've been comfortable with my current internet speed and personally don't wanna become addicted to any of the already mentioned third party programs. But I'll take into account your opinion :thumbup:

• - What stats should I roll for the gear? Physical and crit are the primary options as far as I can tell, but what other stats are great for the Asssassin?

Crit / HP / Pdeff / Mdeff on Armor

HP / Crit / Attack / Accuracy on Accessories/Weapons.