Cleric Stats Priorities

• I plan to roll a Cleric when things start up on the 25th. As we get along in progression, I understand there are stats we are after for specific reasoning, and would love to hear from some experienced clerics what stats those are and reasoning behind it.

I think I remember someone mentioning going with 2H weapon over 1H + Shield (unless I am thinking a different game)

What are some suggestions and perhaps a good place to read up on what I should focus on stat wise for classic?

Thanks

• You could eventually check on players on https://myaion.eu/ - there you can also select aion classic sessions, and check out clerics and if their items are shown

For group play back then it was mace and shield, there were hardly any staffs (only later on with mb) - if you have people you are planning to play with, go for support all you want, you will have the dpsers to carry you

My experience with leveling a cleric in 1.5 is from 2009/2010 - and being in the last months rather alone as my people had quit, it was a pain to level (and people tend to be abusive towards healers)

Sinnerfassend lesen... schwierig, ne?

• For the start and lvling it doesnt matter alot what you go for, pick weapon with better mb/ma as you lvl up. Actualy as much mb you can get is good. If you plan to start early then there will be many parties around so harder quests will be very easy.

Around 44 you wanna get full SR cloth and chain set as starting sets, it will be very easy to get since its solo instance. Mace and shield is must have but at other hand if I am not wrong SR weapom box has staff wich has mb wich is rare too and its very good.

Later on for pvp you want to work on your mr set if there will be any mr stones around 🫣 .For pve gear doesnt matter too much. With all stigmas you should have no issues healing DP wich is currently the best instance

• Regarding abuse: in classic there were no self heal skills (I guess skills will be the same as in the past) like atm in retail in which everyone can mostly self sustain themselves and complaints about clerics have almost completely disappeared.

And yes, in early Aion days people were often blaming clerics for everything: dying, not dispelling in time, not healing enough or not on time, bad mana management, for having bad gear, wrong manastones, being lazy, stupid, not knowing the game, ... (insert whatever you want) and even their dog dying. And clerics retaliated by not healing particular players at all, which wasn't a bad solution, especially for those who were like 30 meters away or behind a wall or rock and were complaining nonstop about dying or those who didn't understand sometimes you have to keep alive the tank to avoid wipe and others are of lesser priority.

So, you will have to disregard such remarks and if you know it's not your fault don't even bother explaining. If you are too sensitive about people blaming you for no reason, then maybe consider another class.

For more info about gear you can maybe try do a google search for some old private webpages, some years ago I still stumbled upon some "outdated" websites (since old forums are gone).

• magic resist was and is still an all time favourite for picking in this patch, not only does it prevent general roots and magic spells, it can also prevent a silence godstone or other effect godstone proccing.