Really Struggling

• Having played Aion for 2 years I thought I would remember what to do but its been 7 years and my memory is very bad. I left Aion when they spoilt the game taking away quests and losing the PvE which is my favourite as I've got Asperger's and find PvP too difficult.

When Classic came out I was so pleased but I also didn't realise how much I had forgotten.

I have a couple of questions about Kromede's Trial and General ones:

1. I have managed to finish it twice but since then I.m a level higher but Kaliga keeps killing me now , any tips would be excellent.

2. To get the key from Kaliga at the end do I kill everyone or do I ignore the other two bosses.

3. I'm level 39 is it worth it killing everything in Kromede's trial for experience only ( after Key)

4. I'm really struggling with Lvl 35 quests and higher even though i'm level 39 and as for main quest lvl 29.

5. I'm really struggling to get enough Kinah as every way from old seems to not be worth it now.

Any help with these questions I say a big thank you

Hope you all have a very merry Christmas and a great New Year

PS : Not sure if this is best place to ask but don't know how to move it ???

Edited once, last by tre1965vor: Wrong Discussion ?? ().

• If you just focus on main and dark-blue quests you will be able to lvl up to 50+ very fast. Grinding mobs or instances is not really worth it, aside from steel rake (that gives good quest xp + gear).

Ask for help or make groups for the main quests you are struggling with. That's all you gotta do to lvl up.

As for kinah when you are 55, do duo/trio debilkarim rushes. The chest contain 1kk-4kk kinah or so. U can also run taloc if ur a gladi with good aoe, decent money from manastones if ur an aoe-class

Edited once, last by Bandi ().

• Leveling will be easier after tomorrow's 2.5 patch. As for kinah.. you have 2 options: wallet or wallet. Classic is a lot more p2w than retail ever was.

• If you want to get large amounts of kinah you have to buy cash shop items and sell to other ppl or follow the gold sellers.

EU drop rates are worse then NA.

• What class are you playing? It would be easier giving you specific tips if we know what sort of playstyle your character has (is it ranged? Melee? Can you self heal? Etc).

It's been some days since your post so I'm not sure how relevant your questions are anymore but;

1. Kaliga is stronger and has a different attack pattern if you do not kill any other bosses in the instance before entering the final boss room. I don't remember everything he does, but I think he buffs himself with the 2 orbs up by his "altar" and he summons adds at some points of his hp%. I think he also stuns and knocks you down more in this form.

A general tip in pve is to kite out (= run out of attack range of the mob) any casts and aoes, or sometimes even buffs (attack increase, reflect, defensive buffs and shields). Kaliga's stuns and knockdowns are cast skills afaik, so as soon as you see him casting you should run away (or press evade if you're playing a scout class). Even if you get stunned/knocked down you save yourself some time by making the mob have to run to you before it can follow up with attacks.

2. If you want key from Kaliga for weapon boxes, you have to ignore all other bosses in the instance. The key does not drop from weakened Kaliga (which is the version you get if you kill other bosses on the way).

3. Campaign quests are the best way to exp.

4. This might be down to your class, the gear you're wearing, and how you're playing. What are you having trouble with? Are you dying to single mobs? A bit more information would be helpful.

5. There's not really any efficient ways of making kinah as a low lvl player. Starting with DC and upwards, end bosses of instances will drop items (1x for everyone in group) you can sell to any npc for 50k, 100k, 200k (value depends on boss). That's about it for pure kinah sources, you won't be dropping enough trash gear to sell for any significant amount of kinah. Any manastones you come across will be worth saving, though, even the less useful ones like evasion, parry and mp. You can either trade them to the manastone removal npcs for rng bundles (usually contain better manastones than you gave), or sell them on broker for people doing the same.

Endgame you can either join sell runs (selling loot if you get anything interesting) or disenchant fabled or eternal grade gear and sell the enchantment stones. If you do not care about AP you can also join Esoterrace runs from lvl 50 and onwards where you only loot the first boss and open a chest for a buyer (just take care and don't loot the contents of the box). Eso 1st boss loot runs usually go for 1.5-2kk.

• I am not very good at this game but love it anyway but this is why I play more PvE so if I die I am only letting myself down. I have tried being a Spirit master for the first time and I enjoy my companion but if I accidently pull more than 1 or 2 I sometimes die. At lvl 39 I managed to kill Kaliga without killing the others but he didn't drop key but now at lvl 41 I keep getting killed, it makes no sense.

I am struggling doing other quests too, I have one dark blue quest called Protect the Ruins but I keep getting killed in Kyola Temple so never get the chance to get to Fire Temple in the first place . I have a Lvl 26 Templar but struggle with that too, I miss the Aethertech class but wouldn't leave Classic as its like the older AION before they spoilt it with more PvP and hardly any PvE.

I don't know if I should just start again with a Gladiator who I remember was one of the easier classes in the old game. Not sure what will be best ???

• I am not very good at this game but love it anyway but this is why I play more PvE so if I die I am only letting myself down. I have tried being a Spirit master for the first time and I enjoy my companion but if I accidently pull more than 1 or 2 I sometimes die. At lvl 39 I managed to kill Kaliga without killing the others but he didn't drop key but now at lvl 41 I keep getting killed, it makes no sense.

I am struggling doing other quests too, I have one dark blue quest called Protect the Ruins but I keep getting killed in Kyola Temple so never get the chance to get to Fire Temple in the first place . I have a Lvl 26 Templar but struggle with that too, I miss the Aethertech class but wouldn't leave Classic as its like the older AION before they spoilt it with more PvP and hardly any PvE.

I don't know if I should just start again with a Gladiator who I remember was one of the easier classes in the old game. Not sure what will be best ???

Cleric/sorc might be a better pick for you, in terms of dps/survivability.

• I might start a Cleric/Sorcerer and possible a Gladiator just to see which fits me properly. Maybe do 10 lvls each at first to see. I am from the UK and when I started I had to start on NC but now once my Siel's Aura runs out to move over to Gameforge or is it not worth moving across ??

• Europe is very active now so you will have a better experience and lower lag in EU

But does that mean there is more chance of getting attacked by the other Faction as hate PvP ????