Posts by yoska

I'm unsure if gameforge:

A) is unaware how small aion population is

B) ignored the fact that majority of "active" playerbase are ppl who just afk farm and don't really play

C) plans their events like few years in advance, when the playerbase quite higher

D) had this event managed by an 6 yo kid who wouldn't be able to do math anyway

E) all of the above?

I said it like 4 months ago or something, gameforge won't release classic date before they release 8.0...

It has nothing to do with any technical problems.

Gameforge is a multi-million dollar company, there is no technical issue that they can't fix in a matter of days if they want to.

classic delay is all about money (milking).

Lol i doubht they multi-million dollar company.i really doubht that.

it's public information since they disclose it

while all this might be true, and I agree with u, it doesn't change the fact that the only reason they not announcing classic is due to business strategy, and it has nothing to do with "technical problems". And quite honestly I'm sick and tired of gameforge deceiving strategy.

That was my whole point, to begin with.

Hey, revenue isnt profit. Probably costs millions to run all their game servers. Revenue aint profit. Get your facts straight.

As for the technical difficulties, it sounds as a generic excuse and we all know it is one so I agree on that

yes, we can see by the quality of the servers that they really cost millions to run...

meanwhile, there are literally services that host much better quality servers than gameforge (as you can experience from the thousands of private servers worldwide (aion, bdo, cod, etc) for 200 euros.

I'm not gonna simp for gameforge, sorry.

Gameforge is a multi-million dollar company, there is no technical issue that they can't fix in a matter of days if they want to.

I wish it were true, then we would never have any issue anywhere that we can't fix. Unfortunately, reality is different.

Gameforge has an annual revenue of over 80million.

Maybe some people are naive enough to believe this but I'm not.

The reality is gameforge is so greedy they won't waste a cent to implement a team that could easily overcome "technical difficulties", from a game that :

1 Is over 10 years old

2 is already implemented in several other regions.

3 gameforge already have the licensing for.

"technical difficulties"...pff...just admit that the strategy is to milk has much has possible from 8.0, that's why classic announcement is being kept in the dark, and since you know classic will be the end of aion retail and possibly on the long term basis the end of aion in general for eu.

I said it like 4 months ago or something, gameforge won't release classic date before they release 8.0...

It has nothing to do with any technical problems.

classic delay is all about money (milking).

I don't get you, are you trying to make a case that this community doesn't have a point about the complaints? we are past the "let's pretend" fase now...

The game is not rewarding anymore, and Gameforge do nothing to really adress the issues. Players are leaving and they have all the reason to do so.

these words have been repeated several times by different people for years now, gameforge never listened, its not about to change now.

This is a milking company first, and a games company second, maybe third.

for pvp remove

(((((((((Storm Strike ---> Alternative if u cant manage to have storm strike--> Electric Binding))))))))))

and put  Magic Veil

Electric Binding  on the 3rd blue slot

Absorbing Reflector Shield

Perception Boost optional

Wave of Destruction optional

Id Shield remove Leap of Destruction

daevas

Boosted Counter Cannon Fire

silence daeva skill depends on what type of gameplay and content

Loaded Cannon Fire solo pvp

Chain Shot group

Idium Blow

DP depends on gameplay and content

For Pve

Lets start out of the gate by saying odian doesn't matter what u have. for pvp, red odian + green but u can manage with blue aswell

Runes Everything related to attack, either attack increase, adicional damage, crit increase, area dmg etc. DMG basically These runes are fine for pvp also

stigmas for pve only

Cleave Armour

Wave of Destruction

Idium Bombardment

Idium Ray

Leap of Destruction

Storm Strike ---> Alternative if u cant manage to have storm strike--> Electric Binding

Power Increase

This is your basic stigmas

U can manage to play with these stigmas in PVP, I played with this setup for months in PVP. but you need to know what are doing, and if ure asking here then it means you don't know, at least not enough to be efficient.

Daeva skills

Large-scale Cannon Shot +++

Chain Shot

Idium Surface Strike +++

Extreme Effort +/-

Emergency Shroud of Protection

Silence Smash

or the improved version if u have

the daeva skills with +++ don't use in pvp these are specific for pve

+/- u can use it if u don't have blue dp, just keep in mind it's a complete different type of gameplay

the others are fine to use as well

Lastly

Alert Dialog

This skill is to be used only, during PvE, since it reduces your magic attack by 200

this should be obvious but it's not that uncommon to see people using this in pvp,

unless u wanna gank someone in middle of guards and want some extra defense from the pve damage they make on u.

you make some good arguments and I agree with most of what u said, but I'm not pointing out why there are fewer people, just that there are fewer people and how i reached that conclusion. I didn't think you would disagree with that statement. oh well...

I have a very different view from u, siege time is when it least matters IMO.

I find it hard to understand how in a mmo we suppose to think it only matters during such a short period of time. but if that's your view its fine.

I guess we have different definitions, but for me, a populated server is when I log in and I see people.

not when I have to wait for a specific time and day to see people.

You go to some private servers and u can see people all over the place no matter the hour. siege or no siege.

it's true i don't expect to see full servers after midnight, especially in aion anymore.

but i do expect to see people in the evening at least. if u compared back to 6.5 for example u could still find people in the maps, which isn't the case anymore hence proving the population decreased no matter the numbers during siege.

this is my reasoning behind the fact i dont consider siege to be the best way to measure aion population

But if the timing is what your focusing on then your doing it wrong, even if that's correct I don't see how that invalidates my argument aka, siege time is not representative of aion population on the contrary.

Funny, now we are already 2 who don´t see how my post invalidates your argument. Are you really that insecure about yourself that you try to find criticism on you in every post?

Maybe i missread ure post, i apologise then

fair point, to a certain degree, but we have to consider the obvious decline, which seems to be heading to the obvious conclusion, aion retail demise. that was what I was saying in 6.5.

Now if I was to play devil's advocate, I could consider gameforge to be successful in term of revenue. Like I previously posted during 7.0 gameforge was doing over 100k/year with gold packs alone. So yes in this sense gameforge had sucess.

My warnings thou were always pointing out that the community and aion would suffer greatly and eventually leading to a major decrease in population and the inevitable closing due to this over agressive business model.

Having all this in mind, I can only conclude they already know if they going to put classic or not, they just binding time to milk as much as possible during 7.9p2 and 8.0. don't expect classic before 8.0, an announcement I would be surprised if they do it during 7.9 but it's not out of the table yet. The lack of communication should be very clear to anyone that this is the case.

Eventually, there is an alternative scenario, which is basically gameforge is waiting to know from NCsoft if they going to continue developing retail, and how, and depending on this they might just continue with retail and forget classic completely, if financially it's beneficial to them in the short term, and only after they milked retail to the ground they might consider classic. that's my honest, but biased opinion.

Could I be wrong about this one, sure, time will tell, but as we say in the markets, follow those who have a history of being right.

but siege on average lasts 45 minutes

Siege on Odin lasts under 20 minutes and I am talking about sundays and tuesdays with 5 possible sieges........

you saying with intra server (south kata) it lasts 20 minutes?

i doubt that since south kata alone lasts at least 20 minutes. But if the timing is what your focusing on then your doing it wrong, even if that's correct I don't see how that invalidates my argument aka, siege time is not representative of aion population on the contrary.

let's say it out of 20 minutes or 45 (doesn't matter which) you have a big spike, the rest of 23h population is low, which represents the majority of time hence the actual, reality of aion EU.

I can't say anything at the moment.

Didn't you said on discord you will prepare info last week?

Was the plan yes, but seems like I can't really say more for now. We are waiting on some info before we can do that.

Maybe press the issue at hand here.... Gameforge will lose a LOT of revenue if an announcement isnt made within 2 days. Or at least more information.

Funny how Randos all over the internet give hard business plans to well-established companies :D

Sure thing, and it's funny how 2 years+ ago I was saying exactly what was going to happen with this game if they continued to follow this "business plan", and it funny that the same type of comments was made, (random know better than a company, etc) and yet I was proven correct. Being a well-established company means nothing, look at cdprojekt red, everyone can be wrong at some point, even companys :/ hmmm

I honestly think that doing calculations during siege time is very misleading.

Yes there is a population increase during this period, but siege on average lasts 45 minutes, what about and the rest of the day?

About a year ago I did the calculations and posted them here on the forum, urging for change, at the time the population was around 3000 people overall. i highly doubt the population is at 2400 at its peak now.

After the peak, the population of each server was around 600 to 200 or even less per server depending on the time and server.

For a year now the population has decreased allot I would say although I have not done the calculations again it is quite noticeable.

IMO gameforge will only announce aion classic when there is nothing left to milk from retail, or at least when they call it quits.

They know that classic will be the end of retail, since retail itself is already at death's door.