Aion Classic Discussion

• For what it's worth, I am a 'NA refugee' and I know my thoughts may not mean much in the grand scene of everything, but let me say this: NCWest is basically handing their market over to you on a gold platter.

Your Classic launch could have 24h activity and really pop. Look at what happened to NA and learn from their mistakes and mismanagement; don't do it to your EU players. Avoid the quick cash grab and aim for the long game: thriving and populated servers with happy and loyal players who love Aion. I understand Gameforge is a business, and businesses need money, but players would be more than happy to spend their money on you if you handle the game we love with respect, attention and proper adjustments from the KR version tailored properly to the Western market (looking at that Deity HP debacle).

That said, whatever path the Team chooses to take, I hope y'all have a successful launch and the world of Aion can exist within the internetsphere for several years longer.

Best regards,

YZRcADm.png

• i Vote to 1.x and i hope aion classic start with 1.5

but if we have negative opinions all the time, that's not nice..

considering if they could do that. they will

because most people want 1.x

I have a feeling that the game will be released with 1. x

look at this Tweets

• If Classic in EU launches with patch 2.0 instead of 1.x I will simply forget about it. I'm not interested in playing and spending money on a glorified fast-track server that makes this games base foundation obsolete by skipping the majority of content and systems on launch. If I wanted to opt into that experience there are plenty private servers to chose from.

Launching with 2.0 means dead on arrival.

Come on Gameforge, we know you can do better.

• If anything, choosing 2.0 as the start is already aiming for the long game tbh

• There must be a reason why Gameforge decides to go with 2.0

Maybe in Korea aion classic 1,x wasnt popular and 2,x was ? It's not like they look at 2 options every time and decide to go with the worst one. Did they say why 2.0 and not 1. x ?

Divinelysian - Sebivine

Eternal Guardians

KzHR2Oq.jpg

Maybe in Korea aion classic 1,x wasnt popular and 2,x was ? It's not like they look at 2 options every time and decide to go with the worst one. Did they say why 2.0 and not 1. x ?

In Korea 1,x was HUGELY popular.

They probably looked at the population in NA where it died down quickly, ignoring the real reasons why NA failed.

• -snip

If anything, choosing 2.0 as the start is already aiming for the long game tbh

Well I can think of a thing: with some classes farming was dogsh*t, like Templar. Many of us are older now and personally I wouldn't grind elites -xp- and Bruthosnin quests/Reshanta guards hours and hours while competing with other veterans (yea we know the drill and shortcuts by now but so do they) on Templar kekw. This latter would be a mess esp for weaker faction and the toxic giant zergling swarms. Pvp was epic yes, but not all roses, there were thorns too.

• My guess is, NCsoft is planning to implement some type of p2w bullshit in upcoming patches.

This new class brings bad memories already from a similar path on retail.

We know gameforge speaks with NCsoft in order to make more p2w possible.

starting previously to 2.0 will only make it slower for gameforge to make money.

The guy from NA asking gameforge to focus on the long run, lol my guy, you clearly don't know gameforge, they focus on everything except the long run, quick buck is the name of the game, increasing revenue so they can have their Xmas bonuses.

The proof is in the pudding, after years of dog lvl events where you don't get anything, aggressive monetization and absolute disrespect for players on more than 1 occasion, and players asking for certain things just to get the middle finger, what do you expect seriously? that they gonna redeem themselves all of a sudden?

2.0 is only cause of money, just like i said before classic wouldn't be released until retail was dead, and so it was, its not hard to figure out this company once you understand these vultures.

You guys seem to have short memories, I don't.

In Korea 1,x was HUGELY popular.

They probably looked at the population in NA where it died down quickly, ignoring the real reasons why NA failed.

Classic was very big close to release in KR but it slowly went downhill as 1.x progressed just like NA. 2.0 is way better for the health of the game and the future

• Pretty sure you didnt followed KR population.

During 1.x from 1.2 to 1.7-1.9 they kept openning new server.

In fact 1.x was very popular and the game was alive on every map, you had pvp everywhere low lvl to high lvl.

In fact 2.0 is where their population decrease slowly.

When China got Classic released it had a huge success also.

No one will do the mistake to cute episode if not Gameforge.

It clearly show that either way Gameforge don't even understand their customer hype/interest.

And they follow Ncsoft advice that clearly will require less work to give 2.0 directly (no 1.5/1.7/1.9to2.0 patch),

and will dodge the early ap trade issue with bot/glitch and co.

even if you want 2.0 personaly,

you cannot be blind enought to not notice the majority is asking for 1.x start release.

And if Gameforge keep the 2.0 egainst the majority will, it scream what people been saying for so muche time.

That Gameforge does not listen their customer interest.

What will happen, after releasing a casual patch 2.0 and adding P2W content slowly ?

You guess it people will not bother anymore and will leave, there is plenty of P server starting at 2.0 not pay to win manager better than that.

If not other upcoming MMO.

even for yourself, people that was hyper over Classic followed Kr streamer for years, tested NA classic.

They only dreamed of a fresh start from the beginning in EU.

Having a 1.x pattern to KR actual patch.

To get annoced a 2.0 cut off.

Please respect your customers.

I don't understand how they took the decision who in GF staff experienced Classic Aion 1.x to 2.4 enought to take suche decision.

Majority of players asking 1.x release actually played it Classic version.

Even some of them played it in KR from the very start.

There is absoluetly 0 fact or argument any 2.0 wanter can bring to the table.

The game offer less content and less opportunity than the entier 1.x patch.

2.0 resume into :

Udas/Besh/Dregion afk.

Check NA situation, most players are afk if not using xForm to pvp Gelk/Inggi, stay logged 5 mins and check ur logs.

• The only reason to deny us the full Classic experience is, as Galeas has put it so eloquently, "We don't want to wait two years for 3.0, Nobody wants to wait two years for the new class".

WE WAITED TWO YEARS FOR 1.2, ASKING FOR 1.2......... We did not ask for a 2.0 release, we did not ask for the new class. It is very clear that either Gameforge is out of touch with the community(which several polls have proven already), OR Gameforge wants to rush 3.0 so they can implement any pay to win mechanics KR will inevitably put in place so they can milk us and start killing the game AGAIN as they have done so in the past. The less of "true classic" we get, the sooner they can start milking us ;)

The whole community was under the understanding that we would get 1.2, and we were hyped for it, we got teased with 1.2 (login screen+music) in the livestream at the end of september, which got us so hyped up we made a discord that has gathered from the time of that teaser to the time I'm writing this 1241 members. The poll we did on that discord server indicates that for every person who is ok with 2.0, three other people are not, and want 1.x instead.

• We literally had the player numbers for a while on myaion.eu but you're talking out of your ass as usual. Yeah they had to open new servers, AT LAUNCH, but after that, the server population steadily declined

• We literally had the player numbers for a while on myaion.eu but you're talking out of your ass as usual. Yeah they had to open new servers, AT LAUNCH, but after that, the server population steadily declined

Doesn't take away from the fact that 2.0 was the decline of Aion the world over. Yes it initially spiked when it launched due to hype but it did NOT hold players for nearly as long as 1.x era. Seems to me you are the one talking out your back side.

Guys i think i found the GF spy disguised as a player! :D

Doesn't take away from the fact that 2.0 was the decline of Aion the world over. Yes it initially spiked when it launched due to hype but it did NOT hold players for nearly as long as 1.x era. Seems to me you are the one talking out your back side.

Guys i think i found the GF spy disguised as a player! :D

The decline came later due to the lack of content in 2.x. When 2.0 first released it had massive success

• - snip

- snip

The decline came later due to the lack of content in 2.x. When 2.0 first released it had massive success

2.0 had flaws - like getting locked out of SC by the dominant faction so they gained huge advantages. - Similar to how legions monopolized Upper Reshanta Instances pre-2.0.

Balancing a 2 faction systems is a nightmare, having 3 -
    (for Aion - player controlled balaur + asmo/ely siege ships so you would be forced to stretch thin vs decisions and their consequences) -
    or more should be the way in a true open world MMO. Would they band together and overthrow the king? YES, but they would start a power struggle in an instant against each-other = a continuously changing dynamic. It would introduce the dimension of (alliance) politics into a game.

Edited once, last by Agrel ().

• Fair. As you could likely surmise, I was speaking from a place of ignorance on Gameforge; all I know about the company is through memes and jokes, but I believe everyone has a chance to change for the better at any moment. This comes after seeing at what happens to any project when placed into the right hands (ex. LoTR movies being made by a bunch of lore nuts who were passionate about the project).

If Gameforge is just going to be another money-grubbing clone, I know not to bother spending my time or money; since that is all they care about, then don't spend it.

Thank you, Yoska

YZRcADm.png