Error while installing the game - directx issue

• Hello, I've been trying to install the game for several days now and it keeps failing saying that some directx file is missing or corrupted (some file in appdata-local). Last night I realized it is related to the directx file and before that I kept trying to repair/reinstall the game which took several hours.

Last night when I realized it is related to directx, I reinstalled the directx file and today I will try to repair it so if someone had this issue please let me know what you did to fix this.

When an error occurs, I get pop up with abort, retry and cancel. I tried to retry after I installed directx but nothing happened so I guess I have to repair game files for it to work but idk what to do if that doesn't work.

Edited 2 times, last by Kixo ().

• Update: I installed it successfully but after reading 'What to do before installing Aion Classic' I saw this:

2)Installed and updated Direct X 9c runtimes

Direct X 9c (Not Direct X 10 or 11)

I have directx 12 so I am not able to run game because of it?

My game crashes as soon as I open it.

• Another update:

Reinstalled the game and I am unable to start it, Aion logo presents on the screen and then disappears like the game crashed.

If anyone has any solution, please share because I don't know what to try anymore because I've been trying to fix it since last Tuesday.

• Try to change language in gameforge client before u start aion.

Do you use rivatuner + msi afterburner? Try to turn of rivetuner before u start game

I am reinstalling it now so I will try with the language change when it is done.

And I don't use rivatuner or msi afterburner.

• Another update: I was able to get ingame after reinstalling it to another location and now I have issue where loading screen gets stuck at 81% sometimes and I have to restart pc because I cannot force close the game.

• Post your PC specs pls along with your OS and possible interfering software (e.g. GeForce experience, known to cause issues with Aion) you use

• Windows 10 Pro - 10.0.19045, AMD Ryzen 5 processor, Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 16gb ram with latest driver, GeForce experience - version 3.27.0.120

Other apps: Steam, epicgames, battlenet, logitech g hub, onedrive, discord, riot vanguard, windows security (if it counts as an app)

I allowed aion launcher to bypass firewall bcs one guy said that might be the issue. I still need to test it out in next couple of days.

Do you recommend completely closing geforce experience before playing aion?

• Try to reduce the number of programs running in the background (disable autostart for steam, epic, battlenet). Also Vanguard is pretty much malware disguised as an anti cheat, wouldn't be surprised if it causes the issue given Riot's track record of bugs.

I don't even have GFE installed, I just manually update my GPU driver every month or so.