Aion Classic 1.x or 2.x ? Vote yourself

• In NA it took most people around 3 weeks to hit lvl 50.

The reality is that 1.2 is a more extreme patch where as 2.0 is very easy to accomplish almost everything. That's really the big difference.

I prefer 1.2 myself but I'll play whatever as long as there are LOTS of people playing it :D

Yeah there will be "LOTS" of people (aka a few thousands) the first 2 months. After that is gonna go downhill, in the newer "3.0" they will gather 10% of the ppl that left. And thats it, till the game is shut down or Aion 2 for PC.

• I played the first months of classic 1.2 as well. Quit before 1.5 mainly due to not being able to participate in raids.

5-6 months to lvl 50 is HEAVILY exaggerated

It took me about a month to level 50 and i didnt focus on leveling.

i played 2-4hrs a day sometimes more made Alchemy and Cooking to the possible max level in that time as well.

Full Clear FT in a Small group after kromede has been beaten, Solo or Duo Grind some Mistmane Elite and or do Fort Repeatables gave you so much exp its nuts.
    Finish Campaigns.

Done. That's the level Process. In a fairly casual manner.

I prefer the 1.9 approach for a few month, to get some Basic-Gear and Manstones/Medals/Materials that otherwise would get lost to too fast progression.

Yes pre 2.0 Leveling will take significantly longer. But thats fine given you need to push Gathering, Aethertapping and other Profession's.

Leveling too fast puts you also at a disadvantage in terms of being able to buy skills/drop necessary stigmas.

• It would be helpful to know the reasons and logic behind the decision. I'm sure there was a lot of discussion and weighing of pros and cons. If there is sound reasoning, it might make it easier for people to accept even if it's not their favorite decision.

• It would be helpful to know the reasons and logic behind the decision. I'm sure there was a lot of discussion and weighing of pros and cons. If there is sound reasoning, it might make it easier for people to accept even if it's not their favorite decision.

Yeah I agree on this. For those ppl that feel frustrated, It would've been easier to accept it. GF stream is supposed to air on early december and it feels a bit far from the announcement. I'm sure we hear more details then but it could've been a bit sooner.

• The only way is 1.2

I am safe to say gameforge will lose ~50% of the population if they release 2.0 straight away. I know a bunch of people who will not play including me. We got so dissapointed.

• yes it is clear, many friends will not come because it is not a "classic"..

Its Aion Rebirth, not Aion Classic

• Brother I played 1.2 and I hit lvl 50 in 7 1/2 days.

You're higher than a kite bruv

Waiting for Aion Classic.....

• Aion classic should be what I remember from 12-13 years ago. I remember roaming eltnen heiron and theobomos without knowing anymore zones. There was only abyss when I wanted some flying or pvp or sieges. Ingisson/Gelkmaros are boring as f* even more now that they are the "main" zones. Hell, I even considered Theobomos an end game zone. We should start from 1.x and not 2.0. That's my opinion. For the patch 2.0 is the first patch to introduce the "rush to endgame content as what was previous is obselete now" and thats the way Aion followed till the latest patch on live servers. 2.0 had no creativity. All new dungeons were the same in both factions while on 1.x some dungeons were different.

• I love how your entire argument is

"OH NO I HAVE TO PLAY THE GAME!"

Sorry but, everything you have said here is wrong, for so many reasons. I don't even know where to begin.

Everything you say, addresses the issue of things being 'harder', but what is the issue with this exactly? You have to play the game? You are joking right.

Why are you even here? You want to play an easy mode of the game? Go play 8.0, its super easy then

This is not about difficulty, this is about CLASSIC Aion, 2.0 skips 3/4th's of "CLASSIC", just so you can have things easier?

That's all you ever talk about, things will be hard. Why do you want to play the game?

It is much easier to make money in 1.x than 2.x

Because 90% of 2.x's end game content is based around untradable gear, that you cannot make profit from.

You know how people made high profits in 2.x? By selling taxi runs for Esoterrace AP, Stormwing and Noble Tac gear. And that wasn't even a thing until Empyrean Calling, thats the best and most sustainable profit.

Crafting is literally destroyed in 2.x, balic mats only drop from elite zones at Ing and Gelk. They are incredibly tanky and their drop rate is SOOO LOW!

This is your idea of easy? Balaur mobs that cannot be solo'd for basic materials to make Dragon gear?

All Abyss instance Chests are level 45, so 55 has lower drop rate due to level difference. Making your AP gain in those areas low, and gold/silver medal drops even lower.

They even had to rework the gearing system in this "fast foward" mode, with a new medal system. Sapphire medals. LOL, you know? That item in 7.0 medals is being revamped into 2.0, because they want people to gear up with level 55 to avoid them going back into 1.x content.

The Elite 50 set is stronger, and they know it! And they are trying to compensate the difference.

This is your idea of easy?

You people are so delusional, you have this warped image of what 2.0 is. But you have no idea what you're talking about.

90% of the things you are talking about, is not even in 2.0, its in 2.4 or 2.8, and you are just conflating your own experience on top.

There will not be Hard mode Beshmundir temple! Do you even remember the drop rates BEFORE hard mode came? Because it was terrible!

There will not be Essoterrace! That comes at a later patch

There will not be Eternal PVP gear! That comes at a later patch

You think the game will get easier?

How will you get master crafting with no money, level 30-45 balic mats will be much less frequent, level 50-55 balic mats are only in one place in Ingisson and Gelkmaros? And you have no stocked materials, because you are starting FRESH in 2.0?

Melees will have a hard time farming Extendables, because they will have to overlap their 1.x content farm with 2.x content. But you think things will be easier? What?

People who want Miranget/Fenris Title or completion, will have to backtrack into 1.x content, and why? Because you want it "easier" and you cannot even explain what becomes easy.

Abyss monsters will drop less AP due to level difference. You still have to farm AP

You talk about the "casual" player, the casual player won't backtrack content to get BiS, the casual player won't care about missed content, like rare titles for good stats.

They will breeze past content, because you say its easier, and they will get bored and leave. Classic content isn't for "casual" players, its for players who know Aion, who love Aion and who want to go back to the time when Aion was a fantastic game, instead of the joke it has become!

Nobody makes classic reboots for casuals, they do it for the loyal audience, that enjoyed the game before it lost it's shine

And all you have said, is "DUHHHHH! NEW CAMPAIGN QUEST WILL GIVE YOU MORE KINAH TO BUY SKILL BOOKS!!!"

You sound so stupid man!

People who liked 2.x and want it, the reasons you like 2.x isn't in 2.0, its at a later point, so you will still be waiting. What exactly is your argument? You don't want to wait longer? Is that a bad joke or something? The best portions of 2.x content, you will have to wait for, so you are still waiting, you have solved nothing, and you are increasing the likelihood people will not enjoy the classic. Your stupid, please be quiet

If EU went 1.x, you never would've spoken up, and asked for 2.0, you never would've made a point like "1.x is bad because no content", because you know you are wrong.

You are simply making the most of an opportunity you never even knew would come.

There is no risk in this for you, there is nothing to lose by going to 1.x, your 2.x content will come, and you still have a great game there for you to enjoy.

But for people who enjoy the 1.x content, why do we have to suffer so you can be ignorant? Either way, you get the best of what you like the most, the only difference for you, is patience. But for us, if we don't get 1.x content, it will not come back! It will be 2.x and then content dripped into the next patch.

There is absolutely nothing for you to be afraid of, so please stop with the misinformation, and the terrible excuses. It just makes you look dishonest! Your just high on copium for waiting so long, and instead of classic Aion, you want Fast forward Aion with customs, just so they can rush the content out.

When has rushing content EVER worked? When has that EVER been a good thing to look forward to? How dumb is this point even?

Edited 3 times, last by KKM ().

• Everyone has a favorite patch of this game and each of those comes with benefits and disadvantages. However, I want to point out that patches only go in an upward direction. If classic gets released at 1.x it is going to proceed to 2.x eventually. Yet the reverse is not possible. It feels weird to wait a decade for classic just to rush and skip content.

• Everyone has a favorite patch of this game and each of those comes with benefits and disadvantages. However, I want to point out that patches only go in an upward direction. If classic gets released at 1.x it is going to proceed to 2.x eventually. Yet the reverse is not possible. It feels weird to wait a decade for classic just to rush and skip content.

Imagine openning 2.0 EU Classic,
    then having to add stigma and other maths from 1.x ressource because its near impossible to drop in 2.x
    Then restricting players to be able to rush end game content.

"Come and feel the Classic Aion Europe experience,
    Early PvP is nerfed,
    Elite mobs are now normal and got their drop nerfed,
    you have a giant map but no need to explore, yellow quest give you 50 easly,

You don't need to bother farming DP/DC/AetherLab/Alqui/TheoLab/Adma/Azo Fort/,
    just rush 50 by doing the minimum (maybe 1 dungs each regardless of your drop),

image.png

LvL 40 having Yellow quest 41 that almost give you 1 lvl.

unknown.png

Check how dungeon timer are nerfed into a daily/weekly,
    you wont be able to farm them in order to drop what you need.

• !!!Read me before you hate me!!!
    Hello So Aion classic is finally coming out!!
    Good for us and thank you to whoever made that happen.

First and Foremost
    Dear Aion players, There is one thing we all need to understand. Aion has been around since July 2009 and whatever you say, whatever you vote, whatever the publisher announces, the game Aion will have a huge amount of players starting the game and a huge amount of players will quit the game in the first 3 months. After that happens many streamers will start talking about "doomsday Aion" and all that the publisher did wrong!! (That will of course lead to more players quitting but that's a different bone to pick with content creators.) But the truth is: it will happen regardless of what GameForge is doing. These people will quit due to real life, bad gaming systems, other games, family issues, and a million other reasons I have no clue about. I am sure GameForge knows that and we players are fools if we ignore it!!!!

So all that GF can hope for is to keep those players that might quit as casual players.

We need to make sure that we don’t behave like (insert bad word here) so that the players will want to stay and play the game we all love so much.

1.X or 2.2 That is the question.
    Well, let us be real for a moment. Most of us will play the game with whatever patch we are getting since its Aion and we don’t have much else to do. But the problem is that many who have actually played the "real" Aion are not around anymore or don’t remember the pain and struggle due to the nostalgia of 1.x. They want to relive that nostalgia without thinking about how the early 1.x patches might effect the long term life and activity of Aion Classic. Aion 1.2 lacks in terms of end game content, so I am sure that many players will be hyped and start leveling but some will never pass lvl 36 and quit the game because even with the faster leveling, it will suck and there is not much to do with 50+. Back in the day Aion was really famous, even with games like World of Warcraft, Cabal Online, and other big titles that were popular. Aion still stood it’s ground and got many players from other good MMORPG’s of the time. The reason for that were Aion’s two main selling points: Flight PvP and rifting. We waited for hours to be able to enter rifts to be able to jump from mountain to mountain to find hidden kisks and nice places. Sure we had hidden quests and hidden weapon bosses and many more but it was most fun to kill lvl 45+ players with a ranger twink and get away with 2% HP. We all loved it and we all spent 24/7 in Aion. Now I read players saying "I hate flight pvp", "I hate rift pvp" so, if that is your opinion what exactly are you planning to do in 1.2? AFK crafting, kappa?

Btw, "We all loved it and we all spent 24/7 in Aion", that is also a huge point since the game is from 2009. Keep in mind YOU are not in uni anymore. You are not coming home after school to play all day. Most of us have a f**** family, kids, work and more. Balancing that with 24/7 Aion is nearly impossible.

Ok f**** Felo, if that is the case why is 2.0 better since we still don’t have as much time to play as we had back in the day?

That is correct kiddo, but the difference is Aion Classic has taken so many good changes from retail and improvements from previous mistakes and implemented them. The game feels better and plays better. Twinks are not really needed so if you level for a week you will not die after every 2 mins from a twink that only has attack speed gloves and running speed shoes. You will play the game in ways that will make sense, and regardless of whether or not you are a 24/7 player or a casual player you can keep up with PvP or PvE and even with leveling up. Korea is the same after around 2am till 6am Korean servers are pretty much empty because they have the same issues as us.

Let us talk patch notes, kappa.

Don't worry I will not bore you with detailed changes from 1.2-1.9 (even if I think 1.9 has the most fun changes).

Let me show you something:

1.2 Dev Notes Part 7

~-but there are still others who complain of difficulties in acquiring the item.~

So even in a Server that overs 100% of patch to the players there still steps some are not able to do?

So your argument is that because it's hard we should not get it Felo?

NO not at all!!

In fact I would even love to get 1.5 but in the day and age we are in long patience is not your strong suit. I am not worried about players like me who are addicted, I am worried about people who need to decide if they want to spend 2-4 weeks for leveling and having no content or if they just login to LoL or Valorent or any other FPS/moba game that is not so time consuming like an MMORPG is.

~We determined that it would be difficult to compensate for these issues simply by increasing the drop rate of certain items. So, in the development room, we are thinking about a care plan for those who cannot acquire items despite steady attacks.~

In that reply the team is talking about a "care plan". Sure that can be nice but is that not kinda the steps that got us to 8.4 as it is now?

Too many changes because too many players QQ...

With the good changes that are happening we can clearly see that NCsoft is definitely trying not to make the same mistakes, and to be clear, neither Ncsoft nor myself are talking about the game being more "easy". But honestly, would you rather start from 0 and play the game as we have done it on many servers or would you like to focus on the game itself like the end-game content so you can reach endgame fast with some difficult game play so the fun never runs out. As I am saying that, keep in mind Aion Korea is alive more than ever. So get ready at Lvl 55 to: Siege,Tiak PvP 6v6,Dredgion,Inggi/Gelk rift and PvP + quest and more, World Bosses, All the arenas PvP and PvE, All the dungeon new and old and ofc Padma, With endless skins, new and old emotes, motions, simple gear grind and all that good stuff we got from retail that we should have gotten back in 2012.

The new Aion Classic that Korea has at the moment feels so good to play, it is active it is alive, it has good competitive PvP and PvE!

And most importantly it was made for 2023 with a pinch of nostalgia from back in the days.

• I started the game at 2.5, so I wouldn't mind starting at 1.x, although weren't there some weird things in early 1.x? Like dual wield polearms? Also, life without remove shock doesn't sound fun and if I'm not mistaken remove shock came later as one of the patches in 1.x.

Grinding levels and dark poeta etc sounds cool for a while, but I don't think the time between 1.x and 2.x should be too long. I rather be at 2.7 for a long time before we get 3.x instead.

I voted 2.x but I don't mind 1.x

I want to do beshmundir temple :D

Divinelysian - Sebivine

Eternal Guardians

KzHR2Oq.jpg

• 1,x classic has remove shock.

Also dual wielding polearms isn't a thing in 1,x classic either.

• Hi,

1st of all, english is not my native language, so i'm sorry for the mistakes.

I played Aion back in 2009, from 1.5 to 2.7, tryed KR classic for a month, and played NA classic. I voted for 1.X version, and sincerly wish the server to start at 1.2 over any other patch.

The reason why I favor this one over the others as a starting patch is that I don't feel like I need to rush lvl 50 to start playing the game, I can already enjoy the game at lower lvl, doing pvp and abyss grind for AP, without feeling "late" or "behind" ppl who focused more on leveling.

I mean, you don't grind AP much faster beeing 50ish over 40ish. You still grind AP doing PVP, guards grind and abyss reps and get about the same AP doing so, being lvl 40 or 50.

Also, if you wanna consider endgame gear like lvl 50 pvp set, you'll mostly have to get a 30 pvp set (or 40?) 1st anyway. And you can already start grinding this 30/40 set almost as efficiently as a lvl 38 than at max level. What will make the difference here is more gear related than level related. And by the time you get your 1st pvp set grinding guards and reps, you'll be lvl max anyway.

Basically, what I love in 1.2 is that you can choose, as soon as you hit lvl 38+, to focus on gearing up your char for endgame. You don't "have to level up to 50 ASAP" to stay competitive. There's nothing you can do at lvl50 that you can't at lvl46 in 1.2.

This patch is also the most open world pvp oriented to me. There is no way to safely grind relics in pve dongeon or wait for dredgion for some safe AP. In this patch, you want AP, you'll have to risk it.

With this mindset, even later 1.X patch with dredgion and DP don't appeal me as a starting patch cause they start to introduce the feeling of "I need to rush". I need to rush lvl 46 for the free AP and the chance on Lakhan's headpiece in the DDG. I need to rush 48 so I can run my daily DP.

Starting with 2.0 patch would make me sad. Here, the feeling of "I need to rush" to 51+ is huge if you wanna play the game seriously. Also, here is the era of the "PVE heroes". I mean, watch 2.X version of the game on twitch... all you see is ppl grinding PVE : 3-4 men upper fort for relics, duo the new ingi/gelk instance for relics, BT... After a few month, you'll meet ppl you've never seen befor in the open world, fully geared from PVE/relics.

Also, whyle it can be good to have more endgame content in 2.0 than 1.X, it also makes the open world more empty. I mean, you can get a better character progression doing safe instanced content than doing anything else in the openworld. In this 2.0 patch, I can play 4-5 hours having the best progression for my character by running BT, Upper instance, ingi/gelk instance and DDG if available. And whyle doing so, I don't have any risk to loose any AP.

So, if I could choose the starting patch, it would be 1.2 because it's, to me, the most open world pvp oriented and because you can focus on endgame gear as soon as you hit 38. I personnally wanna play classic for the classic exprience in the 1st place. After that, going slowly to the new 3.0 classic+ that NCsoft is working on would be fine to me, but I don't want a fast catch-up to the classic+ by starting in 2.0.

Edited 2 times, last by Zazael ().

• Well said Zazael. I share most of your sentiment as to why we should start in a lower patch than 2.0.

There are many in the forum and discord that claim we are looking at this through rose-tinted glasses/nostalgia but that simply isn't the case. I remember very well why i loved 1.5 and it was about the journey to endgame and not just the max level stuff. I never felt rushed to hit endgame and leveled multiple alts before even hitting 50 on my first one. I'd love to do that again and i have friends waiting the same.

• I think the game can't grow anyways even with the best patch possible. The adveristing is just poor or even not existing, and if someone thinks that game will be alive and in a good state only with veteran players, you're wrong. A lot of us, old players have started a real life, having families, jobs. We're not the same people like in 2009-2010, we don't have the same amount of time to play games, also a lot of people even ended their gaming carieer.

At this point, I don't even know which patch will be better for these days and our culture. I don't trust NCsoft and Gameforge and I'm sure that there is a cashgrab behind it. And now, after Classic EU announcement Gameforge convinced me that they won't pay any money to advertise the game properly.

Korea just deleted term "Classic" in their game title and now it's a new version of the game that supposed to be better than retail. And I personally think that they're trying to push that new 3.0 and lure new players to the game. Even if 2.0 is worse in your opinion it's still better than retail. We have to accept the statement of classic in eu as it is, because it's 0% that they would revert patch and give us 1.2x because there is no time to do it, just give feedback what to do better in the future to not make the same mistakes.

• This is actually the funniest thing.

Aion Classic 1.x from 2020 in KR != Aion vanilla 1.x from 2009

I wouldn't be surprised that most of the people voting for 2.0 release actually have no clue about what's in classic 1.x, like this guy.

They vote for 2.0 in hope of having QoL improvements etc that they think only 2.0 has, whereas if they dug the subject they'd reconsider their opinion and vote for 1.x.

If it starts with 2.0 update, I wouldn't even touch it with a stick.