Aion Classic Discussion

• You know that the population ''dropped'' drastically after 1.9 cuz they started to do smth against bots? befor 2.0/2.x krs population were like 30-40% bots, u could even see it on their streams xD not hard to guess that the population was decreasing after removing 1h of free aura/day in kr so bots had it way harder than befor xd imo i would pref 1.7 or 1.9 as start patch aswell but you are just crazy, spamming 24/7 in forum and any discord about 1.x and 2.x like 90% of the day, get some breath dud

• First of all, I have never voted against 1.X or 2.0 because 1.X contains 1.2 possibility, and I am only openly against 1.2 because it is a dogpoop patch, you can say whatever you want. The patch is basically a chicken wing without meat on it.

You are not getting trolled by me, the value of your words over the last 2 years has been degrading slowly. First on the 1.9 server you quit and cried for 2.0 as 1.9 "has no content". Then you here on this thread spread misinformation regarding a lawsuit that happened between Gameforge Aion and a player, just to justify your opinion that is pulled outta your ass. You basically change your opinion as sees fit to justify your everchanging view.

You keep constantly comparing KR/CN to west, when it is clear that our views are different. There is no doubt KR/CN have better numbers when it comes to active players, but their stats are also much more infected by bots. Have you ever even watched 1.X KR streams? Hoarfrost area in Beluslan, literal alliance of bots following each other and killing mobs, then you happen to find a player here and there.

Everything you have mentioned existed on the 1.9 server, how come that time you never brought all of these things up and cried out for 2.0? Maybe because now you think you are going to be able to partake in it, which you probably won't. Anyway, let's have a look through this.

Zapiel: Only drops one of the best weapons for gladiator, rest are whatever.

Jeshuchi: Drops one of the best maces for templar, and atk speed weapons for mages(neglectable).

Bollvig: Actual dogpoop boss, drops extendable for assassin that they never even truly need.

Menotios: Drops one of the best maces for templar, rest are whatever.

All of these bosses are pretty much competed by a small minority of the server. Yet you make it sound like it is the holy grail of 1.X. You complain about "zerg pvp" that comes with 2.0........ What exactly is going to happen at these world bosses if we were to release at 1.X? You think people are going to form a line to 1v1 for the right of the loot? Get real.

Low level nameds, world bosses were already ignored on 1.2 during levelling, they were farmed by stay 40 people.

Most nameds are farmed and can be farmed even in 2.0, and some dedicated people will have low level chars for them. Again this is a content for a minority of the server, however this can create a non-zergish PvP scenarios in 1.X at Heiron Kishar/Indratu especially.

True, you can camp certain areas in 1.X, just like you can in 2.X. I have camped udas countless times, I have camped waterfall in Heiron, Azoturan countless times. Guess what happens at the end, you get zerged out. But for some reason in your head it feels different in 1.X.

Here another huge flaw of yours that you never consider, you think that your average person has 16 hours a day at their hands to play Aion. Just because you do, it does not mean the majority does also. This was already shown in 4.X that people do not always use all their dungeon cooldown at one go. Like you got to be on some highest level of copium to think everyone is going to do 7 LUT, 7 UT, 7 BT in 1 day just to satisfy your take. This system with dungeon cooldowns puts much less stress on a player, they can always just skip a day and maybe do 2 runs on the weekend or maybe not even do all 7 because it is not in their face everyday.

Even if we go through all of those cooldowns, the medal dailies are creating a constant PvP life. That you think in KR people do not hit questing people is your problem, and again a useless comparison to the west.

People will camp BT, people will camp udas, people will randomly cross at BT, people will randomly cross because they are taking enemy faction BT route, and so on and so forth.

I'll repeat once more, I am more in favor for 1.5-1.9 start.

You are the only one I personally target, because your takes are so baseless while you are putting a lot of effort into classic, I give you that.

1.X success? You know what success brings with itself? Bots, the more people the higher chance for business. Laughs in Lost Ark.

Drastic drop in KR population (again why do we use KR as reference to the west, while NA classic died in 1.2?) with 2.0 release? Hmmm, right... with 2.0 came the drop nerf and removal of free siel aura against bots in KR. What a shameful coincidence, it definitely was not this completely logical scenario but yours for the reason of this sudden decline in population.

KR streamers? I do not know again what you are smoking, I was watching like 5-6 KR streamers throughout 1.X, by the time 2.0 hit I was only watching Tankerking. Tankerking even came over to NA classic, because 1.X in KR was so much fun. The game's hype has gone down.

Also, not to favour 2.X classic. But the spreading of content release in 2.X was so much better for the health of the game compared to 1.X, it is just crazy. Imagine if you got your 50 gear in 1.5 (hello AP traders), then you are done with the game until 2.0. Not even comparable, you need to be hallucinating to deny this.

• This seems a small minority to you ?

Aion was mainly not designed for casual players until it hit Free To Play market and fufill their cash shop out of utility content.

You totaly missed the whole point,

this whole debate is about experiencing the Classic Aion Ncsoft devlopped at the very beginning.

When you created your character and going trought the experience process,

on finding some elite/named that where giving you gear so you could keep your exp pattern in a more comfortable way, in reverse those named/elite/boss was focused by your faction and the opposite faction.

Creating a whole PvPvE patterns, since the EXP was slow and in consequence these Drop was even more important to get in your way.

By directly releasing 2.0 that is what Gameforge missing the whole point.

Direct and easy access to 55 trought questing and probably with Daeva pass lv 50/55 started pack/gear.

Will completely wipe the Classic experience and we will feel more as a private server than Most private server itself.

==========

[...]

People don't understand why I am trying so hard,

its not my concern only, if it was only about me I would of ignore that matter and eat that 2.0 nerfed patch,

until Gameforge somehow being money matter into Classic cash shop content.

Those who managed to experienced both 1.x Classic release in Asia/Na and now are still playing 2.4 Na for exmple known what is happening.

They were fully active when it was 1.x and the experience trought leveling with a team was unique.

Until it get into 2.4 where they just afk all days now until Daily medals (it take what less than 20 mins to do both), and then dredgions.

Do you really think players will all day long run into other faction inggi/gelk ?

They don't have interest on doing that alot of players now avoid PvP in inggi Gelk.

If you were playing enought of official server you would know its TRANSFORMERS battle all day long in inggi/gelk.

It either poluted by zerg for quest or Xform to fast daily pvp.

The problem is Gameforge decided to go directly on 2.0 to avoid 1.x issue and will face even more problematic matter.

- Where is the gear if players have extra fast exp to 55.

- Where is the stigma.

- Will they disable Xform in inggi/gelk during fort offtime?

- All nerfed elite into normal mobs will they still drop ?

- Does balic mats will be farmable if yes how ? if people have easy exp to 55 how the server is supposed to gather balics mats ?

- What about medals ?

Will they revampe the medals system after the nerf, will people get defense medals since it was removed ?

To allow players to get their 30e/40e early game.

- Will they fixe all Glitch related to 2.0? Are they even aware of.

- Are they gonna sell Candy straight away in a 2.0 patch giving more unbalance from none pay to win players to p2w players in early release?

(Because yes, skills are not free they cost money, how you supposed to get all ur skills if u don't have money and end up lv 51+ by questing in few days.)

- Will they fight AP trader because lv55 is a whole new lvl of AP trade.

- Will they fight Bot because botting in 2.0 patch regroups bot into inggi/gelk.

- Will they fight crucible arena double account PL players for free win ?.

- How they gonna handle the 2.0 release droptable for the early/mid lvl ?.

etcetc...

Starting from 1.x patch is a known pattern and give time to resolve futur patch issue.

Releasing 2.x is a whole new problematic issue generators.

Forget about personal bullshit,

its because there is people like us, that gameforge might rethink about released episode.

And if after all Gameforge still don't change their minde because they had the time until release to change to whatever épisode community would like.

Then atleast it shows that even if the majority screaming for Gameforge to revampe their choice and they don't, then :

It give a clear idea of how they gonna manage Classic in the futur concerning players matter.

[...]

Edit by Rafael : Keep on the subject.

• NCSoft spreaded his film with explanation

Then what about you share this video instead of just bringing it back over and over?

Because there's no reason to belive that gameforge (mostly f2p games publisher) would go with something such stupid in 2022 as sub2play.

a) Because of speculations or / and telling about the game's model. There is told by the KR Developer about it.

That's why.

And people - it seems - didnt even watch it by just 2 years.

b) no - sub model is not stupid. And this, we have 2022 has not any argument for putting free to play model

I am sceptic about success free to play model. I see it in live servers. Do U think, why runes/odians +16 to +20 have 0.1% chances for success? Also extreme such drastic decreased chances since +8? Because i dont see any word explaining me the free to play model.

Yes, i will be happy, to have free access to the game, but what will i meet in the game after it? If i will have no chances for gear progression like right now in live, better is to have sub model and pray to the god aion to have healthy game with normal progression, not like now - special revision of progression.

I have no problem with it- 1b times stated, but it keeps me more annoyed or frustrated sometimes, than having pure fun from playing. I have fun, but i know i could have much better than now - and this is a main case.

If believe in Gameforge's statement about the open discussion about incoming Classic to EU and its starting version - we have good moments to share our thoughts. By myself - i read all posts here. Not every time i write, but i am with this discussion. I am glad, that i can read posts written by players, who played since 2008 and remember close to everything , and want share some feelings, and can put some thoughts taking care about present times. This is really good. I didnt play, probably many people didnt play that era. Youtube is not everything. Good to read some also.

Edited 3 times, last by robi1102 ().

• I am 99% sure, that free access to the game is impossible.

NCSoft spreaded his film with explanation, what model we will receive, and they were saying, that will be sub model.

U and everyone here just forgot about it or U dont want to read many of posts here.

You and Kotoro make a good pair. Both talking out their asses.

What do U want to show? - off topic bro

• What do U want to show? - off topic bro

Man, it is fine that you want to express your worries. But your 5.8+ retail problems are quite literally irrelevant in this thread. Even if they were to show up on classic that is years away like say 3-4 more years if we talk about an escalated rate, and it would be very optimistic to believe classic would last that long in good health. Fingers crossed.

I somehow cannot believe anyone else apart from you complained about retail Aion features on this thread.

• I'll be honest if you played Aion after 5.* you really don't have a say, maybe if you played on "other" servers.

By 5.* + Aion was already dead.

It peaked and ended with 4.* for most of the people.

As for the payment model, it hardly matters, Aion is a very niche game like I said. As long as they listen to the community it will have some player base.

• a) Because of speculations or / and telling about the game's model. There is told by the KR Developer about it.

That's why.

b) no - sub model is not stupid. And this, we have 2022 has not any argument for putting free to play model

It's atleast third post you did about this video, yet you still didn't even bothered to link it

• Just posting to hype this post up, lot of truth in it.

"Here another huge flaw of yours that you never consider, you think that your average person has 16 hours a day at their hands to play Aion.

Like you got to be on some highest level of copium to think everyone is going to do 7 LUT, 7 UT, 7 BT in 1 day just to satisfy your take.

the value of your words over the last 2 years has been degrading slowly. First on the 1.9 server you quit and cried for 2.0 as 1.9 "has no content". Then you here on this thread spread misinformation."

And i could add lots of things to this. Like you could easily go into Dark Poeta daily and farm mobs for lots of money/enchantment stones/manastones + gear. Even if you did all those cd instances in one day. Same for many other stuff.

But its just not worth it, your arguments are "1.2, 1.2, 1.2 is great". Even if everyone can see its not that great and that we are in 2023 (soon). And that anything that is not 1.2 is just not "classic", which its not true.

And just reading that some time ago you were crying in another server about 1.9 patch having no content, begging for 2.0, just ripped my soul appart and demolished my faith in humanity.

• a) Because of speculations or / and telling about the game's model. There is told by the KR Developer about it.

That's why.

It's atleast third post you did about this video, yet you still didn't even bothered to link it

I know it very good. I dont like paste every time, because of somebody didn't see yet. But okay. Here U R:

If to watch it carefully, every user could have some knowledge about very basic settings ...

It could happen, to we will have free access, i mean buy from broker - but for 99% i dont think so.

So now, it is already the 4th post about it :)

• What do U want to show? - off topic bro

Man, it is fine that you want to express your worries. But your 5.8+ retail problems are quite literally irrelevant in this thread. Even if they were to show up on classic that is years away like say 3-4 more years if we talk about an escalated rate, and it would be very optimistic to believe classic would last that long in good health. Fingers crossed.

I somehow cannot believe anyone else apart from you complained about retail Aion features on this thread.

Health game is very good. And for me - yes, it is good and relevant to speak about mistakes. Alao i try speak about big cases from other regions. KR specific, NA specific. EU - DIDNT START Y E T. This is why we could add our thoughts to Gameforge's thoughts. I started 5.8 yes, but i meet people here who play since 1.2 or 2.0. It is good wheel of time and say, what was good or bad in complete history from start to the present times.

Argument about fast leveling since 2.0 i call as the power leveling - it means, that player rushes with his level as fast as he can to reach end game content. It is sick and makes zero fun from game. Skipping 90% content ... omg

Argument about very slow progression i call as the meaning of playing - it means, that player is rewarded for his effort with good quality. Close to zero "turbo boosts" what makes the game fair play.

I repeated - in my opinion - two big cases, what people just wrote in this thread. But i wrote just by my hands, how i see those cases. If i have read posts explaining 1st case, i could also read 2nd case. After it i can read about it from other person/-s, and this discussion started have sense. And this is why i care about it and for me it is very important.

Edited once, last by robi1102 ().

• So now, it is already the 4th post about it :)

Thanks for the link!

So... you watched video from the release of korean aion where an NCSoft Korea employee talks about business model of the game they're releasing in Korea.

And based on that you came to conclusion, that Gameforge, an European game publisher will release the game as sub to play.

I mean feel free to belive that conclusion, but personally I see no connections there.

• Korean Classic? I don't think so. This happened also in NA (Siel's Aura). 99% chances, that we will have sub-model also in EU. Because of the Dev's words "(...) we decided to keep this pay-to-play model for aion classic (...)".

"And based on that you came to conclusion, that Gameforge, an European game publisher will release the game as sub to play."

Probably yes, because Head of the aion game is developer. We could have the free-to-play model, but as they stated in this film, we will have the sub model. Two previous regions had Siel Aura, EU for 99% also. More, the Siel Aura wasnt a mistake. Mistakes came from other sources in-game. In NA close to 0% support, 0% ban, exploits and more. Later changed the drop from OW, because of bots - bad way in my opinion, and not only my, because players played there wrote here first, than me.

• Argument about fast leveling since 2.0 i call as the power leveling - it means, that player rushes with his level as fast as he can to reach end game content. It is sick and makes zero fun from game. Skipping 90% content ... omg

Argument about very slow progression i call as the meaning of playing - it means, that player is rewarded for his effort with good quality. Close to zero "turbo boosts" what makes the game fair play.

I understand anyone can have an opinion but I don't really understand why you're so passionate about one patch or another, when you haven't played either.

You're saying you joined the game like... years after either of these patches were a thing. You basically have no concept of what they were about but somehow you're using your modern aion experience to comment on classic, strange.

Either way, my recollection of aion 1.2 was that it was an unbearable experience, where people were quitting out of boredom and absolute hell of a grinding experience. It's one thing grinding in a modern MMO and another to grind in a game like aion.

I'm surprised to see anyone who has even the slightest care for this classic launch, wanting 1.2 patch on release

• Either way, my recollection of aion 1.2 was that it was an unbearable experience, where people were quitting out of boredom and absolute hell of a grinding experience. It's one thing grinding in a modern MMO and another to grind in a game like aion.

People were quitting out of boredom?

I know completely different status, where people were enjoying this game. How possible to quit from the game if someone enjoy the?

This vid i pasted many times explaining me also, about the boredom. that's why they changed here and there.

I understand anyone can have an opinion but I don't really understand why you're so passionate about one patch or another, when you haven't played either.

Good, thank U, that i can have my own opinion.

This is why i dont want skip any patch, to can touch all content.

You basically have no concept of what they were about but somehow you're using your modern aion experience to comment on classic, strange.

Of course i am using. And of course i will ,because i dont want suffer another time in another game the same mistakes i catched from live, when classic still didnt even start yet. 5.8 is not such modern. From statements i heared or readed in live, many people R just enjoying 5.X era and probably, if also will be aion 5.X like in Asia (special server/-s) - they will join.

People r different. This, what U dont like people can really like. And also the same to the opposite side.

It means, that if U call something as a boredom, i can call it as a good part of the game. why? Because i play the game, slowly, i am progressing also slowly, i reach the "check point" then, etc. If gameplay is calling a boredom, so probably U didnt like aion as it was at the beginning, what is nothing wrong. Probably 2.0+ was matching to U more, than up to 1.9.

Edited 2 times, last by robi1102 ().

• People were quitting out of boredom?

I know completely different status, where people were enjoying this game. How possible to quit from the game if someone enjoy the?

You know it only because some other ppl told you that - what people are trying to point is that your opinion on old aion patches are only theoretical as you just repeat what you heard without actually experiencing it.

To say more, you know it from players who didn't quitted the 1.x era - so obviously they liked it atleast a little bit and will talk about it positively

Now, to people who think that sub2play got any chances to survive in modern days - if old aion was doing so well on s2p, why do you think NCSoft decided to sell publishing rights in EU to gameforge instead of keeping them for themself and why gameforge decided to make the game free to play?

If you have good playerbase as s2p then you're generating very stable income unlike f2p where incoming is pretty rng oriented. No company would convert their product from s2p to f2p unless s2p is doing incredibly poorly.

• I would also prefer 1.x (1.7 or 1.9) for a few months before going over to 2.0, but starting with 1.2 in 2023 is probably way too rough for the majority of players. While not having to rush for endgame is very good, the lvling grind does feels very stale and unrewarding, and there's only so much side content one can do.

Yes, there are many players who did not experience 1.2 or many who remember it very fondly, but don't forget that many things that made the game exciting back then (exploring new maps, finishing a tough dungeon for the first time etc) can't be recreated, simply because you cannot do those things for the first time ever again.

There are many "hardcore" players who want classic to be as hard as possible so they can get a sense of accomplishment from having the willpower to tough it out, but truth of the matter is this game desperately needs casuals to thrive or we will be looking at one (1) server with 2-300 players max. Gatekeeping phrases like "if you can't stand the grind you don't deserve to play anyway", "if you don't like getting ganked you should just quit" etc may make you feel cool but in reality this sort of attitude just turns away players who could've enriched the server. The pure pve players add life in an mmo, even a relatively pvp focused one such as Aion (and who knows, they might even join the pool of pvp players eventually and add more variety there as well).

• People were quitting out of boredom?

This vid i pasted many times explaining me also, about the boredom. that's why they changed here and there.

Well this is exactly my point, you know this from a friend, it's not your experience. It's like telling someone not to drink water because a friend told you the water in his house tastes bad.

Of course people were quitting aion in these early patches and for a ton of reasons, some classes were an absolute dread to progress with, you had very little reward for the time and effort you put in the game, you had to grind with like 4 skills for hours to get another level and repeat.

People r different. This, what U dont like people can really like. And also the same to the opposite side.

It means, that if U call something as a boredom, i can call it as a good part of the game. why? Because i play the game, slowly, i am progressing also slowly, i reach the "check point" then, etc. If gameplay is calling a boredom, so probably U didnt like aion as it was at the beginning, what is nothing wrong. Probably 2.0+ was matching to U more, than up to 1.9.

I'm pointing out my experience of playing the game back then and playing a lot of subsequent MMOs since, knowing how the genre has evolved. You base your opinion on what your friend tells you and what he thinks should happen, and you parot that as your thoughts. I honestly can't imagine anyone apart from a handful of hardcore classic players who think 1.2 is 'true classic' actually enjoying that patch, but maybe I'm wrong.

Can you list what makes 1.2 better than both 1.9 and 2.0?

• Most of the things one is able to do in 1.x one is still able to do in 2.x. If someone wants to run Firetemple -> one can; if someone chooses to go rifting -> one can; if someone chooses to farm Triroan or Lannoks -> one can; and so on.

What makes 2.x less appealing to me is the change in the siege mechanism. Atleast on classic NA siege turned into a pure PvE rush, due to the removal of defense and keeping rewards. Even on divine fortress. which turns balic before each siege elyos and asmodians are kind of chilling transformed on top of each other damage racing the Dux. Furthermore I always enjoyed Baranth dredgion more than Chantra, because it can not be rushed as easily by possessing a key. Else PvP wise for me the patch does not matter at all. Whether I slay players in Balaurea makes no difference to slay them anywhere else.

Also for me starting with 1.2 stresses me out way less, because there is more or less no end game to catch up to. I can level in peace without missing a thing, can complete my quests, level up my crafting/professions, achieving titles and so on. However, I like the actual Aion as a grinding and endless farming game it started as, which is not a popular opinion it seems. While 2.x does not remove actual 1.x content, apart from grouped Nochsana and lovely grouped Steel Rake, it invalidates alot of it.

A modified 1.9 with all the later quality of life features, with actual bug fixes, hundreds of skins and dyes on the shop would easily keep me busy for two years. I like to farm and craft skins, level all my crafts and profession to the maximum, complete all quests and so forth. Again, not a wide spread play style arguably, but what I enjoy to do in Aion.

So, except from the siege, I am able to do most of 1.x stuff in 2.x, if I choose to. It just makes me left behind quicker gear wise than if we started with 1.x or I would have to skip content I want to do to keep up.

This is my opinion and not a rational statement.