Aion Classic Discussion

• Most of the top MMOs are P2P or B2P though..

• What gear are you gonna buy exactly?

PvP Gear require Abyss points that CANT be bought with kinah, aswell as medals that CANT be bought with kinah (except the low lvl medals). Instances gear like beshmundir temple dark poeta etc its untradeable, so its 99% farm the instances until you get it.

Your gonna insta buy what? mithril coins lvl 51 pve set? that you will get it fast too. Or the crafting set lvl 53? that idk how many time you will need to see those, and its not like the best gear either for PVE. I didnt saw ppl insta buying hyperion gear or 2.7/3.0/4.0 pvp gears under gold pack method. Dont spread lies pls.

Your very smart to see servers with 400-1k population under sub fee. Ppl didnt want to pay sub fee in Aion in 2009-2011 in EU/NA (it was a desert thats why it went f2p), ppl didnt wanted to pay sub fee in NA Classic (servers dropped 60% population after free month). Aion is a tier D MMO. Your blind and have 0 marketing knowledge. Buying the game/expansions and microtransactions (not p2w ones, cosmetics, qol etc) makes more money than sub fees and have more players.

Buy 2 play lots of them, and even mixed with Free 2 Play. However how many MMOs stand under sub fee? aside of WoW which was the king of mmos, and maybe few other like final fantasy which has an inmense fanbase and its a proper game with proper development.

Look at like the top 50 MMORPGS im pretty sure 47 of them are B2P/F2P. Microtransactions make more money than sub fees (and im not saying p2w microtransactions, look at league of legends), and sub fee scares 90% ppl. Specially in a tier D mmo like Aion, that ppl are not willing to play even without it.

• Its amazing that in 2.7-4.7 era no1 was talking about P2w and we were under the gold pack method. And it was probably the more healthy state of Aion EVER.

But you keep spreading lies. Like if kinah is all you need, when is not (abyss points, medals, untradeable instance gears). And like people wont buy kinah from external websites under sub fee ... lol. And that money wont go to GF/NC.

Its amazing the amount of nonsense you read in this forum and in what paralel world you live. When it is already proven than Buy to Play methods + expansions + microtransactions or even f2p + microtransactions 95% of the time have more players and make more EARNINGS.

So yeah if you wanna have 1 dead server with 400-1k players after 1-2month (like NA has). Go ahead for a sub fee, enjoy a dead game and make gameforge/ncsoft lose players & money just cos "oh sub fee how cooool, we are gonna be the next WoW", no, its not gonna happen, open your eyes.

• miabuelasabiaq

The siel aura u have to buy, to can play without restrictions. Without it all q/ hunting gives u 0xp, siege 0ap, pvp 0ap+xp, mobs not drop items etc

It is not a gold pack sub. Ull have to buy it monthly or with a packet what is a bit cheaper (NA moded).

Thats why, if 15EURO i will think. If cheaper - ill have nothing wrong to pay it.

TBH - pay to play probably exists in LA? And people didnt back to Aion as i thought will be. Probably they didnt reach the point, to start use money yet ... But LA is not empty.

All case is about cost. I force nobody here, i only care myself. For me real economy is more important than playing the game by my money.

And 4.68PLN per 1EUR is the point, that i can manage something. Weve now difficult times- in my opinion, and we cant predict what will happen for a month. I dont wanna show, by who we live such. This Forum isnt created for such topics, but need to have some "real settings" created by "someone". If everything will be good, we will receive a normal life again. If no, then any game will not be very important (i think about game as a big hobby) - this can believe ...

Edited 2 times, last by robi1102 ().

What gear are you gonna buy exactly?

PvP Gear require Abyss points that CANT be bought with kinah, aswell as medals that CANT be bought with kinah (except the low lvl medals). Instances gear like beshmundir temple dark poeta etc its untradeable, so its 99% farm the instances until you get it.

miabuelasabiaq

• Can I not pay people to pass relics for me? Like in Krotan/Kysis/Miren/Esoterrace/Splinter?
    • Can I not purchase silver/gold/sapphire medals off the broker or pay players to pass for me?
    • Can I not purchase other loot to make abyss points easier obtainable for me (except for Tahabata)? Why can I not buy Beshmundir Temple gear with kinah?

Those questions are all rhetorical by the way. It is common practice on classic NA.

The only kind of untradable instance drop in classic is Tahabatas due to the time limited portal. I do not really care which model you prefer, but kinah does help alot in classic Aion and your statement is simply inaccurate. Whether instantly or not, denying it seems silly to me.

Edited 5 times, last by Angel ().

• 1) Like i havent seen ever some1 paying people to pass relics for other guy. And if u get to that point, why dont pay some1 to play for you and get the gear too? its posible m8 if you start thinking like that.

2) Silver and gold yes, lvl 30-40 set. Platinum and mithril u cant trade, and still for lvl 30-40 set you need abyss points, same for stigmas.

3) You can THEORICALLY buy a piece from besmundir temple if you ever find any team selling it. Cos most teams will need them for themselve or wont even do that. (roll and break it for enchantment stones, dont wait and dont get scammed)

So can you explain me why a person under a sub fee wont buy 1.000Million kinah for 60euros from external websites? (much cheaper than with gp exchange)

You guys think this is some kind of WoW or Final Fantasy, and its not. Your gonna have dead servers and on top of that P2W in the daeva pass and shop. At least with a siel aura working like a gold pack you will have alive servers and good population.

• Look how succesfull the sub fee is in the west:

NA right now: 8% (8% of 5.000 = 400 players online)

NA top peak: 12% (12% of 5.000 = 600 players online)

So yeah Classic NA have around 500 players online at the same time (and some of them pretty sure are bots). Are you even gonna find some1 in PvP?

naclassic.png

• In NA is 8-9 am already. In EU we have very good population in that hour?

• @miabuelasabiaq

I just corrected your inaccurate statements. What conclusion you draw out of it, is up to you.

• Silver medals are mainly for level 40 gear and gold medals mainly for level 50 gear
    • Sapphire medal boxes are tradable, level 55 gear
    • People are selling Stormwing gear daily and did so since week one even without having it on their own (=more kinah)

I dont really care about your opinion nor the whole model discussion. So I am not going into your other remarks.

Edited once, last by Angel ().

• Can I not pay people to pass relics for me? Like in Krotan/Kysis/Miren/Esoterrace/Splinter?
    • Can I not purchase silver/gold/sapphire medals off the broker or pay players to pass for me?
    • Can I not purchase other loot to make abyss points easier obtainable for me (except for Tahabata)? Why can I not buy Beshmundir Temple gear with kinah?

Please correct me if im wrong, but this issue will be present either way.

If someone is willing to spend real money on getting gold packs to get an advantage in a game they can aswell just pay to the players directly outside of the game - for some it might even be more convenient.

I don't think there's solution to that, sadly

Please correct me if im wrong, but this issue will be present either way.

If someone is willing to spend real money on getting gold packs to get an advantage in a game they can aswell just pay to the players directly outside of the game - for some it might even be more convenient.

I don't think there's solution to that, sadly

We still dont know about the coct of siel aura.

Paying to "outside the game" it can happen, but there is one border causing a difficulty:

if publisher will create siel aura with good cost, and all additional systems will increase prices, to balance between all systems (low cost aura refunded by daeva pass etc),

and after that players will not be restricted by main cost, the server will be good moded by the population, without a playing for one week off.

If it will happen, i am 100% sure about all mentioned items "unsellable", because people will enjoy classic and will start play seriously, so mentioned items they will use for themselves.

Complicated a bit, but i think good moded - idk

• Thats why i also showed whats the peak numbers in NA, that is around 12% (600 players). And thats why i did the media = 500 players average online at the same time.

@miabuelasabiaq

I just corrected your inaccurate statements. What conclusion you draw out of it, is up to you.

• Silver medals are mainly for level 40 gear and gold medals mainly for level 50 gear
    • People are selling Stormwing gear daily and did so since week one even without having it on their own (=more kinah)

I dont really care about your opinion nor the whole model discussion. So I am not going into your other remarks.

You are completly wrong. If not some1 correct me. Silver medals are for lvl 30 pvp gear, Gold medal are for lvl 40 pvp. And sapphire medals wtf is that? it doesnt even exist unless they changed something. Platinum medals untradeable for lvl 50 pvp gear, mithril medal untradeable for lvl 55 gear.

Yeah sure ppl that dont have stormwing gear are gonna sell it instead of getting it for them, no it doesnt happen. Also if your with a random/lfg team making every1 pass roll and selling to some1 is risky that you get scammed one way or another. So ppl tend to roll and make it enchant stones, or even ppl that have that piece dont say anything and get it for them for extra enchants.

• 8-9am close to everyone R in work. If U wanna show any stats, please use theit time zone. Show this population at their 18-21, not our 18-21

Sapphire medal - he forgot the name. Probably Mithril in this colour.

Iron > Bronze > Silver > Gold > Mithril? > Platinum? or > Platinum > Mithril?

• Yeah sure ppl that dont have stormwing gear are gonna sell it instead of getting it for them, no it doesnt happen. Also if your with a random/lfg team making every1 pass roll and selling to some1 is risky that you get scammed one way or another. So ppl tend to roll and make it enchant stones, or even ppl that have that piece dont say anything and get it for them for extra enchant.

You are wrong on this. There is very good reason to sell SW gear before you give it to yourself as the demand at the start is much much higher. My own premade back in 2.0 days before the 2.1 Stormwing nerfs was selling them at a premium and then splitting the kinah. It does happen, has happened and will happen again.

Its amazing the amount of nonsense you read in this forum and in what paralel world you live.

@miabuelasabiaq
    That is a funny quote coming from you. This topic discusses classic, so you should atleast not spread misinformation about it. While sapphire medals are indeed new in classic, the silver and gold medals did not change. So your recollection of those, as mentioned before, is inaccurate.

And like I wrote already. Stormwing sales happen multiple times a day. I know it simply by playing on classic na. People tend to sell items for a certain amount of kinah and buy enchantment stones instead of gambling. Whereas there are surely both kind of players your statements that you can not sell items from Beshmundir Temple (or being untradable for that matter) as well that people are not selling those, are both inaccurate.

@robi1102:
    Those are coins and not medals. Platinum before mithril.

@Barbabella:

Level 30 elite/fabled requires some silver medals. That is why I wrote mainly level 40.

Images

• Aion0542.jpg

Edited 7 times, last by Angel ().

• Thats why i also showed whats the peak numbers in NA, that is around 12% (600 players). And thats why i did the media = 500 players average online at the same time.

@miabuelasabiaq

You are completly wrong. If not some1 correct me. Silver medals are for lvl 30 pvp gear, Gold medal are for lvl 40 pvp. And sapphire medals wtf is that? it doesnt even exist unless they changed something. Platinum medals untradeable for lvl 50 pvp gear, mithril medal untradeable for lvl 55 gear.

you sure talk big for having no clear memories of the early patches. like angel wrote silver was for lvl 40, gold for lvl 50, platinum for lvl 55 eternal (not yet in classic) and latter for lvl 60. people buy mats to level crafting, consumables, ench stones, manastones, stigmata, medals for gear, bakarma spear, triroans/lannok extend, triroan/lannok atk speed jewels/tomes, anuhart five slot, zapiel spears, jesuchis warhammer, bollvigs dagger, stormwing gear, godstones and so forth. it was always like that and will stay like that. kinah is everything in early aion.

• I am sorry for my english.

NA had another huge problem and this is the droprates.

Like someone said in their forums, they changed KR and NA to that in Theo + Brusth + Ingi + Gelk are some loots deleted like godstones, Receipes, Goldloot and so on.

They cant even find much manastones, so the most poeple in NA have Sets with no stones.

That was one thing I like most to farm monsters, wait for good loot and so on. If they changes that because of "Bots - excuse No. 1" then i will not play classic. Give us the game we had 12 years ago and not a half changed game.

Some things you can read here:

https://forums.aiononline.com/…rld-content-drops-merged/

or just google for low drop rates Aion classic and you will find out.

Edited 3 times, last by Edeus ().

• I agree if they implement this nerf to open world drops for the sake of some bots then it will only serve to kill the game faster. Also doing daily quests becomes even less worthwhile as there is no additional RNG drop that can make you excited.

Considering the manastone system of classic where a failure would remove all stones already socketed will result in many walking around with garbage white stones (if at all) which will cost more than they should anyway due to the higher level ones being nerfed on droprate.

A nerf on crafting materials and godstone drops etc will also result in players leaving due to dissatisfaction. I can live with bots, i don't want open world mobs to become worthless outside of questing.

• HAHAHAHAHA,

now i waited 2 years for GameForge to get Classic and they start with 2.0?

Thanks no, GameForge, you can play alone ;-)

You REALLY understand what the players want ;-) (P.S.: I am ironic here, just in case you missed it, hahaha)

Hence, now I can close the Aion Classic chapter forever.

I am really really glad now, that I played Classic 1.x in NA - I had that kind of nostalgic experience I wanted even when NCSoft did nearly everything to destroy it.

NCSoft and GameForge - you two companies really deserve each other.

Be greedy, but play alone and buy your p2w stuff (at least without me) - good bye