Aion Classic Discussion

• We didn't "wait" for 2 years, we tried everything we could to have it for those 2 years, we couldn't have anything before that.
    • We were 100% transparent and explained exactly what the issues were a long time ago already (platfrom problem), we didn't give any other info because there wasn't anything else to give at this point. Also going too much into the details usually gives the wrong impression that something will happen for sure and it's just a matter of time, which was not. It could have been that we would have never gotten a working platform. Also a lot of people actually thanked us for not promising classic without even knowing if we would get it and completely understood our approach. Reality is more complex than just saying we got a lot of hate, caus we trully didn't at all. Most people understaood the situation.
    • Announcement was a first step and explained already very important stuff if you pay attention. We already explained the next steps in that very news, so no one is really left in the dark, there are milestones already. I think I will never understand complains saying we don't have info until the next info. Especially when the next one is planned and announced. Ofc until then you don't have more, that's what news are for :)
    • Since the release is not before some time there is plenty of time to explain the details properly. We can't yet give answers to everything as many things are still being worked on and not final, if they were we would release sonner.
    • It's definitely not the time to advertize the game, this is way too soon. It makes absolutely no sense at all right now when there is not even a date so blaming us for that is not really a good point in my opinion.

As you can see, things are always a matter of perspective, you chose to present everything from a negative aspect and ignored the positive ones. I could for instance point out that the level of attention and reactions we had on social media and the different channel is never seen before for AION (except the initial release maybe). That they are still a lot of people intrested in the game and so on.

Of course I am not denying that there are still several steps to be done, that a certain amount of people is not happy about 2.0. I'm not ignoring facts but not everything is as grim as you depicted and the game is not released yet. I have hope too.

• It's still 2,5-3,5 months away and we don't know much about the patch. I think they don't want to advertise it yet. December is pretty bad for the advertisements visibility because of the holidays but marketing probably starts on jan and release is aimed to be on feb. I'm guessing they are starting testing phase soon because of the holidays so there probably won't be major changes to the patch. If it would be delayed further, I'd guess they did some changes to the patch. That's just my speculation though.

• The information was very clear. The 1st step is to migrate Aion live (retail) to the new platform, and set classic and things around the new platform too. I dont know what people expect lol. (the time would vary if they encounter more or less bugs/tecnical problems in the process, so its not posible to give a date yet)

Maybe just clearing out why its 2.0 and not 1.x would be nice for a lot of ppl. The rest its cool.

• Also it is a bit weird that you close the Spanish and Italian forums right before the classic launch, when they have been dead since years. Would have made more sense to keep them alive since they will get much more active after classic.

And there will be people asking for what server have the most spanish/italian population to join. Tbf i havent found those dedicated discord channels, and its not the same having the official forum than a random discord channel that maybe a lot of ppl dont know how to find it.

• We didn't "wait" for 2 years, we tried everything we could to have it for those 2 years, we couldn't have anything before that. My bad. In fact i meant that the release of the classic in EU took 2 years since the KOR release and in that time quite a bit of hype died out. Did not meant to say that gameforge did nothing for 2 years.
    • We were 100% transparent and explained exactly what the issues were a long time ago already (platfrom problem), we didn't give any other info because there wasn't anything else to give at this point. Also going too much into the details usually gives the wrong impression that something will happen for sure and it's just a matter of time, which was not. It could have been that we would have never gotten a working platform. Also a lot of people actually thanked us for not promising classic without even knowing if we would get it and completely understood our approach. Reality is more complex than just saying we got a lot of hate, caus we trully didn't at all. Most people understaood the situation. Pretty sure I remember it quite a bit different than what you described, but not to argue on that it's still a fact that quite a bit of the people who were very enthusiastic about classic are now gone. Its also a fact alot of players didn't really felt like you're too transparent (as you can even read in this very thread)
    • Announcement was a first step and explained already very important stuff if you pay attention. We already explained the next steps in that very news, so no one is really left in the dark, there are milestones already. I think I will never understand complains saying we don't have info until the next info. Especially when the next one is planned and announced. Ofc until then you don't have more, that's what news are for :) We still don't know the essential stuff like whether the game will be truly f2p or the premium will be required to progress like it was in NA. We got no information at all about why even picking 2.0 over 1.x (it caused quite a bit of mixed feels for players yet it still wasnt even explained - we are supposed to wait for an news "early december" so in like 20ish daysand that was the main thing i was pointing out - none of players concerns that came out got address in a reasonable time frame, most of ppl who dont like an decision just wont stick for clearification or anything.
    • Since the release is not before some time there is plenty of time to explain the details properly. We can't yet give answers to everything as many things are still being worked on and not final, if they were we would release sonner.
    • It's definitely not the time to advertize the game, this is way too soon. It makes absolutely no sense at all right now when there is not even a date so blaming us for that is not really a good point in my opinion. I honestly disagree with "it's too soon" but that's fine if in Your opinion its too soon. On my side i'd just say that if you gonna listen to the players feedback before the release then atm youre only gathering feedback of very limited group of hardcore aion lovers, and not to more broad audience of ppl who could be interested in the game, because only they know about classic ATM due to lack of advertisment

Answered to the points with red

Dont take me wrong, I want aion classic to succeed as much as you (or even more) - i'm just still very worried and will stay pesimistic as long as proven i dont have anything to worry about.

• Answered to the points with red

Dont take me wrong, I want aion classic to succeed as much as you (or even more) - i'm just still very worried and will stay pesimistic as long as proven i dont have anything to worry about.

Understood :)

You can't want it more than I do, Impossible! ^^

I'm trying to be optimistic, that's my role also. But I also genuinly have hope that it will be cool. Though as you can see I also keep a very close eye on the feedback and everything to report it to the team.

Regarding communciation, yes there are plenty of questions unanswered but our plan is to do so and not avoid any of them. First step will be the stream in december in which we will answer as much as possible, but it might be that some stuff is still not final by then ofc. In any case, believe me or not but we are really aiming for transparency there. Nonetheless we want to have it organized with News or streams so that the answers are visible for everyone. That's why you will see us being silent about most specific questions until then. I don't want people to have to browse through froum threads or discord to look for info.

• Would be cool to have an official statement regarding,
    the patch 2.0.

After having a drama about players will to get into 1.x first rather than a Nerfed 2.0 content patch.

even if its to early already I know,
    Might Gameforge stats about it officialy (rather than having answer dissapearing in forum topic / discord normal chat).

Gameforge possible statement to make thing clear :

We are taking in consideration on players will to start at 1.x,
    we might take action regarding it.

or

No you will never have 1.x classic, we stick to 2.0, deal with it.

Edited once, last by Kotoro ().

• First step will be the stream in december in which we will answer as much as possible, but it might be that some stuff is still not final by then ofc.

The thing is Galeas, many of us including myself are happy to wait until December on further news about how this form of classic will come about but the one thing myself and many wanted made clear before then was whether there was ANY chance at all we can still debate the starting version of the game? If the answer is "No" then fair enough but if there is a chance then having this resolved before the December stream would allow you guys at GF more time to make any necessary changes.

Also i fully 100% disagree with you on it "being too early to advertise" the game. Games announce themselves to be "coming soon" all the time before a date is set in stone and as mentioned by AionClassicFanBoy99 right now only those of us with a vested interest even know about it's existence.

• Wow it feels like whole new game, exciting :o

Curious if they will also update the game engine anytime soon or we're stuck to the ancient and crappy cryengine

I'm on a rtx 4090 and amd 5950x CPU... And I get 30-50 fps in ingi main base with like 20 ppl around standing still, haven't sieged yet but damn that's bad.

Resolution doesn't seem to affect it at all.

Divinelysian - Sebivine

Eternal Guardians

KzHR2Oq.jpg

Curious if they will also update the game engine anytime soon or we're stuck to the ancient and crappy cryengine

I'm on a rtx 4090 and amd 5950x CPU... And I get 30-50 fps in ingi main base with like 20 ppl around standing still, haven't sieged yet but damn that's bad.

Nah bro, ppl saying its the problem of your computer, that all games perform like Aion xD

Rtx 4090 is not enough for AION, sorry.

• Nasa is still working on a new PC model that runs Aion at +144 fps constantly while not costing 20k euros.

Wait while.

• thanks Galeas for everything you did, you did great 👏🏼

other things.small and not worth discussing 2.0 or 1.5 almost the same

I prefer 1.5, but 2.0 is fine

my opinion, something worth discussing is:

hacks : attack speed - running speed - long range .. and more

all we can do is take a video and report it

but the question is:

will the report be dealt with faster and strictly?

• That's fine if you want answers to other questions you deem important but don't go dismissing the difference between 1.5 and 2.0 as "small". Pretty entitled to say it's "not worth discussing" when it's the burning question most of us have.

The poll of 1.x versus 2.0 is overwhelmingly in favour against the planned patch launch by gameforge right here: Aion Classic 1.x or 2.x ? Vote yourself

• i have RTX 2080 Ti and Intel 12700k

in ingi i have (120 fps) with 50-70 ppl ultra setting

i can give you good settig😉

in siege i have ( 85- 100)