Aion Classic Discussion

• copium classic fresh from Gameforge,
    expect radar hacks no animations and ap traders, like it was in NA.
    enjoy your stay.

and what are you doing here then? :D

did i hit a subject you dont want people to be aware of bcs of some personal gains? ouch sry m8.

you sound triggered, don't have anything better to do?

the hirony when you are the one that replied to me first, much projecting....
    sounds like you dont mind if the game will be filled of hacks and ap traders like on the NA version.
    or you are just totally unaware of the existence of those things.

Dude you literally have nothing to contribute here. I think GF is aware of all your mentioned problems. So when you don't have sth useful like solutions in your mind gtfo. :)

Like what the hell is that : "he was the one who replied first"? it is a forum derp LOL

• Personally i don't see problem with ppl pointing out a problems of classic GF will have to deal with in Aion Classic thread and i wouldn't call it "having nothing to contribute here".

It's 10x more valuable than any other "Classic when?" or "asap please" we got plenty there already

enjoy your stay.

The only real solution is a very good support by gameforge with serious investigation, and don't leave player do the work for them (video evidence etc.), else will be people unhappy and maybe mass quit.

Also please no paytowin candies, or this version will have same NA fate, i hope also will be totally free without sub. Shop may have skins or some little bonus but no candies.

enjoy your stay.

and what are you doing here then? :D

did i hit a subject you dont want people to be aware of bcs of some personal gains? ouch sry m8.

you sound triggered, don't have anything better to do?

the hirony when you are the one that replied to me first, much projecting....
    sounds like you dont mind if the game will be filled of hacks and ap traders like on the NA version.
    or you are just totally unaware of the existence of those things.

Being aware of those things and being an obnoxious crybaby with twitch chat level of banter on these forums about the matter are two different things. If you expect to change anything with your behavior then you seriously need to reconsider some things.

• Receiving patches that has some kind of issue, or things that needs to be adjusted to avoid exploits is a common thing in any game.

When you are making a new build for the game, that new build passes through the QA team so it has the less posible bugs and doesnt break the game in any form or way. Adding emergency updates without doing weeks of QA testing, can result in unimaginable bugs and problems (depending on how large they are).

I kinda agree some small fixes like the Kinah one should be deployed from start. But understand that if Korea do that, they will need to QA the new entire build they are sending to us, or either have some1 in NA/EU doing the QA and adjusting anything needed. Which i doubt in the west they have the programmers and the knowledge to do that. Also just see the amount of players we have in the west, it represents like less than 4% of Aion total playerbase and earnings.

Its actually better to just ask Korea to give Gameforge the new patch that fixes "X" stuff fast, so they can deploy it in just a few days, or even next day if everything is going okay (cos if not we will need a new special build from Korea that fixes the kinah stuff and other problems that appeared).

• I don't know how to feel about this. If I were to sum it up, I'd say; too little too late, but maybe. It's been so many years since I requested a Classic server, so much that it was a different forum. Life changed, things changed.

I think the task of handling such a server is above Gameforge capabilities. If they want to pull this off they need some kind of advertising as well. Not just that, they will need active GM's, active people, active systems that are against AP traders, cheats etc.

They could pull it off, you never know. I do think there is enough interest to populate at least 3 servers of nostalgic players who long for the old glory days.

Best of luck to Gameforge if they take this project on, I might try it casually if it comes before Diablo 4.

• Tomorrow it's 2 weeks after Galeas said: "More information in the coming weeks",

Surely tomorrow is the day we get news right? RIGHT!?!?!? Gigguk on Twitter:

• Tomorrow it's 2 weeks after Galeas said: "More information in the coming weeks",

Surely tomorrow is the day we get news right? RIGHT!?!?

We will get news on Wednesday for sure

Waiting for Aion Classic.....

• If they want to pull this off they need some kind of advertising as well. Not just that, they will need active GM's, active people, active systems that are against AP traders, cheats etc.

Yes definitely!

Advertising is key. There's not enough existing players left that can tell their former aion friends to come back and try out Classic. I knew MANY people during the height of my Aion time, as I was an active chatter/player, but I talk to max 5 of them, even that is at an irregular basis.

It's vital to push out ads. One of the potential problems is that I dont see an active Facebook Pixel tracker on this forum or on their main Aion website, so Gameforge is less likely to know who the target audience is on here. Likely resulting in lower return on investment from ad spend. Maybe they have other ways of knowing (market research, etc) or GA4 but we will see.

If classic is confirmed, they should already be spending on ads (maybe they are? I havent seen any ads which would show targetting is suboptimal). Even if more people use adblock nowadays, you only pay when there is an impression (ad seen). Partnering with active MMO streamers/YouTubers would help too.

If the playerbase is high, Im sure theyll assign more GM's to take care of things.

Divinelysian - Sebivine

Eternal Guardians

KzHR2Oq.jpg

• Or maybe they won't spend any money on marketing (because "classic" relaunches are not targeted at new players) and instead drive up insane P2W mechanics to milk the players who are extremely nostalgic and will do almost anything to play the game again.

• Focus on short-term profits to boost quarterly result? I doubt it, this could work out to be a longer-term strategy if done right, look at OSRS and even wow classic.

Divinelysian - Sebivine

Eternal Guardians

KzHR2Oq.jpg