Aion Classic Discussion

• Does anyone know when we're supposed to hear the news about having or not aion classic released in Europe?

Only speculation,
    They had issue with launcher then they don't even know if they gonna release Classic Aion EU.

Alot of us would like to get Classic Aion for different reason.
    Most of us are a bit sick of private server and retails doesnt look like Aion anymore.

• Whoever says that sub free is a reason why Aion classic would die in EU/NA, dude get a grip of yourself. Most people who would play Aion classic are the people who played it back then and so(aka Nostalgia), meaning they are grown up ass men with money to spend. That you are cheap is your own personal problem, but do not spread that to the wider audience.

Couldn't agree more. SUB is healty player enviroment (equality). When I try to advocate SUB model my posts gets reported. Funny thing all players here wants "Aion Classic" yet I doubt they even played it :D.

i played both kr and na i agree whith sub being a good thing but when it comes along whith 30 € battle pass and a pay2win cash shop also free to play mode that allows to trade etc for 1 hour a day then subscription makes zero sence and would stop more players from joining at this point any new mmorpg realese even if its classic version of old one will atract new players becouse mmorpg fans are just dry of options. and subscription wont stop bots whith this model since u can play for free u just wont get any loot or be able to trade etc for more then 1 hour however in korea the way people used bots was.

12 accounts all on same alliance only 1 has subscription and he is the one looting and all the other 11 accounts in alliance are free accounts just doing dmg and killing mobs while the 1 account whith subscription is looting everything on image bellow is all bots gathering by obelisk all in 12 man alliances killing all elite mobs by bakarma " draupnir cave " entrance we literally had no mobs to kill as soon as a mob spawns 12 bots jump on it.

So the subscription either pay subscription to get full acess or if u dont pay you cant even log in, ncsoft tryed to milk the game so hard, by tryng to put in

-Price box-25 € or 50€ for the game whith exclusive iteams at realese

- Battle pass -30€ a month filled whith crazy pay2win iteams specialy at start

-subscription 15 € a month

-cash shop whith unlimmited pay2win

-also free to play at same time limited to 1 hour then other 23 u can still stay online

that allowed bots to kill mobs all day in big groups while only 1 account needs to have active sub.

here in europe either make it free to play whith cash shop and battle pass etc

or make it subscription whith no sub and no battle pass.

Either go Free to Play pay2win or Subcription No Pay2win tryng to fuse both models is a mess

• I think we can all agree that NA model (B2P+SUB+BP+P2W) was full of cash grab model (scam). In my opinion best model is B2P (20 EUR) + SUB 15 EUR. You will never preven't 100% boting, ap trading, cheating, etc but with SUB model they need to buy the game again and pay the SUB fee every month, if they get baned. If they want to manage this game properly (ban players in appropriate time) they will have heatlhy playerbase. With F2P model there will be higher playerbase, but mostly because of boters (RMTs). With F2P model who cares if someone gets baned he will just make another account for free. He can have 1 legit account and 10 + accounts boting. Those accounts which do illegal activities just sends money to the legit account so if for some reason those accounts with illegal activities gets baned that player didn't lose anything, because his legit account is still safe. That was a huge problem in New World.

I wonder if this kind of behaviour will be baned by GF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnDweMDNfWg

• That is why, if EU wants to even try release classic:

Publisher, be sure ur invested money will be safe = make dedicated support, to have healthy playerbase, active GMs. Prevent bots and illegal activities. I am scared about this 1 account sub + ally free and all can loot from ow ... What a solution, and the thing is, to it rly works :(

• Guys, when Aion started its Free to Play journey, it was all good.

Only 1 Premium that can be resold/bought from broker.
    Then they started their Veteran System 75/75.

and they filled their cash shop full of utility items.

I think we need to stop dreaming on.

If they release the game it will be rthe exact same thing as NA might be even worst in item of economical models.

• I agree with you they will introduce the same model as NA, because it is obvious NCSOFT is calling all the shots. Well atleast 90% sure, maybe at start more "pleasent" model for the players, but later down the line (around 6 months) heavy P2W. I am 99% GF was blocked via NCSOFT and those technical issues, still not fixed after 1+ year I mean lets be serious (LMAO?). Or maybe GF is now more inclined to release Aion classic when TERA shutdown globaly.

But did you ever asked yourself why F2P was seen good (was it) at first glance? F2P you gain alot more players but do all this players contribute to paying the bills not at all far from that. In your previous post you stated that Aion classic was killed by bots and AP traders. Imagine with F2P concept how many players will have 10+ accounts just to compete aka boting, cheating alts accounts AP trading. Aion is heavily competitive PVP game with F2P nobody will even report anyone because all will cheat. With F2P model you gain some whales who pays the bills, what happenes to the game when those players stop playing who pays the bills? That is why they eventually introduce more and more RNG hidden mechanics (walls) you can ONLY "pass" with cash shop items. So more and more P2W.

If I wanted to play old school Aion I would chose what the game represent back then with B2P+SUB. If I wanted to play Aion F2P+P2W I would play retail.

F2P - Elyon, SOLO (not even P2W), etc why lifespan of this games so low if F2P is the best model. If I was a publisher and I would analyize Aion classic life span is at most of 1 year with low playerbase I would introduce cash grab model, same as NA. Maybe I am wrong of those 2 mentioned games because never played it.

PS: But still we voice here our opinions so they won't say we sorry we didn't know.

• I think EU Gameforge Aion Classic should be B2P,
    15 euros + 9.99€ SUB + 15€ seasonal pass.

(I know its seems extrem but the 15euros game purshase is an easy bot kill once GM hunt bot it cost them 15 euros every time they want to recreat).

+
    A system of report reward,
    where players who hunt BOT/ABUSE with video proof that lead to a ban get a reward.
    Like Ecoins / Quna coins.

+ They do weekly / monthly Twitch drop,
    Getting Streamer partners.

If you have a daily bot ban with 15euros game prushase (7 days free premium),
    then it can be good.

I wont be delusional thinking they will do 15e sub with nothing else more.

PS : off topic = Elyon ended up being extremly P2W cash shop with the PET skills auto loot rarity, some players ended up being 600euros off without getting the perfect pet.

• You are right, I just did not want to go this deep into details as I think it is just silly to say sub fee killed/will kill Aion classic.

I do not think honestly that the f2p login with daily 1h sub does anything wrong or bad. I mean the bots cannot really do much in 1h compared to 24h non-stop.

• Thing is subscription wont stop 10 plus bot accounts becouse game is subscription but its also free to play at same time there is a barrier for new players cuz they have to pay monhly to get drops etc there is no barrier for bots becouse they can create account and play for free 10 free accounts killing mobs only 1 whih subscription looting everything.

only way to set a barrier for bots would be to have to pay for the base game lets say 20 euros for the base game and then on top of that u can buy battle pass optional inside game that would replace the subscription payment of 15 €

that way there is a small barrier at entrance of 20 € 1 time payment for base game

and in game Battle Pass monthly 15€.

that way if a guy wants to bot with 12 accounts in same alliance he has to dump 240 € just for base game accounts. ands would give gameforge incentive to ban these bots since everytime they create a new account its 20 bucks a pop

that way we have a game that costs 20 bucks but then its free to play whith optional battle pass plus cash shop whith no candys in it or at least ones that cant be traded or sold

• When I am talking about SUB I mean as the old days of Aion. You buy the game and you can play the game only if you paid for the SUB for that month. I am against free 1 hour daily or as previous stated you have 1 legit account (Siel SUB) and others accounts are F2P to do dmg, following your main account or doing illegal activities. With proper SUB you prevent all this nonsense. No pay no play. As stated via Livo you can't play Korea Aion Classc anymore for free only if you have Siel (SUB). I hope we get something like this. This solves most problems. Preventing 100% of boting, cheating is just illusion but with proper model and proper staff management you make things harder for them.

The most successful mmorpgs (total players/concurrent players) on charts are with either some sort of SUB or B2P (base game and further content) or mix of both.

• But it can actual do harm. Lets take an example of current Aion classic NA they give free manastones, stigmas, etc. I got 4-5 mio (attack +5x5) kinah doing nothing by selling those 5 manastones. You can sell them via broker so it is simple you have 1 main account 100 of F2P accounts ez money that is what I see as an abusing ingame mechanics. If he has 100 SUB accounts that is another story. BDO launched with 3 main servers if you had on all servers chars and log in you got loyality. And playerbase was pissed back then when server merged you got all loyalties from all. Back then that was a huge drama cuz of it.

• When I am talking about SUB I mean as the old days of Aion. You buy the game and you can play the game only if you paid for the SUB for that month. I am against free 1 hour daily or as previous stated you have 1 legit account (Siel SUB) and others accounts are F2P to do dmg, following your main account or doing illegal activities. With proper SUB you prevent all this nonsense. No pay no play. As stated via Livo you can't play Korea Aion Classc anymore for free only if you have Siel (SUB). I hope we get something like this. This solves most problems. Preventing 100% of boting, cheating is just illusion but with proper model and proper staff management you make things harder for them.

The most successful mmorpgs (total players/concurrent players) on charts are with either some sort of SUB or B2P (base game and further content) or mix of both.

Yeah sub fee sounds pretty appealing for a lot of stuff in paper. In reality i dont think you are looking at the big screen with perspective.

What is the amount of players that are willing to pay a sub for Aion Classic? im sure up to pay a sub in other games. But in a game wheres theres gonna be:

- P2W, more or less, but theres gonna be p2w even with sub fee.

- Bad performance in FPS/Engine.

- Low popularity in the west (aside korea/china)

- Your asked to pay a sub in a game than is gonna die in months, and has no "5 year future", well, it doesnt sound pretty appealing.

- Even with sub fee theres gonna be hackers like there was in their day, or like theres in NA. Less than with goldpack? probably, but still i dont think gameforge/ncsoft will invest money to prevent that, cos again, this game makes very low profit.

At the end, and knowing theres gonna be Daeva Pass and P2W (and low poluation). I think theres gonna be a much more healthy population with a goldpack system, and even more earnings for them.

All in all, for a game that is gonna fail even if they launch with sub or goldpack system, i would rather play some months not spending a single euro and spending ing money to get a goldpack and play LEGALLY for nostalgia basically.

• In fact the daily 1h mostly allow bot to trade / their items to resell and Kinah

You can imagine one players using 15 bots 24/24, easly getting caped on kinah and just transfering his stigma loot / kinah + extra item on other alt / account during those 1hrs daily free premium.

• That is true also, but again. If you put a sub fee with 0 siel aura. You are gonna play a game that has 10-15% server capacity (less population than private servers) where ur not gonna be able to even find ppl to pvp. And 1 year after you invest lots of hours in playing and earning stuff, you are gonna have 5% server capacity or shut down.

And also dont think that they are gonna launch sub fee and if they need more population or things goes wrong they are gonna change to Goldpack "f2p". Cos that will require again another major rework (like now) that is not gonna happen.

• I know that why 1hrs Free with Fake free to play does not work and allow bot,
    they should just make the game buy to play to access it,
    then add a SUB + Pass.

Sure again you are making assumptions in a imaginary world. How are they gonna make aion classic b2p + sub fee in 2022? when it didnt worked in EU in 2009-2011, thats why the game went goldpack "free2play", and in those time the game was popular, had future and posibilities to improve in general, things that dont have nowadays.

The game was dead in 2010-2011 under those terms with all in their favor as ive said. Imaging in 2022 with none of those things.

then add a SUB + Pass.

Sure again you are making assumptions in a imaginary world. How are they gonna make aion classic b2p + sub fee in 2022? when it didnt worked in EU in 2009-2011, thats why the game went goldpack "free2play", and in those time the game was popular, had future and posibilities to improve in general, things that dont have nowadays.

The game was dead in 2010-2011 under those terms with all in their favor as ive said. Imaging in 2022 with none of those things.

I agree with everything you're saying, not many people will want to buy an old game and then pay on top, if it was sub only (no pass) i guess but.. This is why i'm just gonna wait a month after release to see the population, no point in playing MMO with 500-600people.

then add a SUB + Pass.

Its not imaginary,
    The actual Free to Play Classic does not allow players to trade / drop quest item,
    earn AP.

Its just a Free to Log in game, exept for bot who can farm afk 24/24 making kinah where a players wouldnt farm more than 3hrs empty mobs.

I don't understand why players will cry for 9.99 to 15€ purshase to access the game,
    When their actual version of the Free to Play is anything else but Free to play ?

Aion Classic under the same economical system as NA will be loaded of BOT that will make server with QUEUE and spread the community on even more server that will be empty after the hype and will make a merge after these secondary server already died.

For me :
    1 Unique server EU 9.99€ Game purshase with 7 days Free Premium,
    (so players can decide if they gonna play or not the game).
    +:
    9.99€ Monthly Sub
    15€ Season Pass
    Quna for pass lvl bypass / Cash shop costums - Pet.

(But that will never happen).

As said before they will spread the community into 4/5 server with nationality,
    - 2FR

- 2DE

- 2 INTER

- 1 ITA

5 month later they will merge all 2 server into 1 national

- 1 FR

- 1 DE

- 0 ITA

- 2 INTER

1 YEARS later

- 1FR + 1 DE will merge together

- 1 INTER + 1 INTER wilkl merge