Aion Classic Discussion

• Are there any new infos about Aion classic? Or do you still work on the same "problem" from like 6 months ago?

Wait 6 months???I didnt know it was so long LOL.I guess at this point they just dont wanna release the game in EU.Game over then.

• I said it like 4 months ago or something, gameforge won't release classic date before they release 8.0...

It has nothing to do with any technical problems.

Gameforge is a multi-million dollar company, there is no technical issue that they can't fix in a matter of days if they want to.

classic delay is all about money (milking).

• Gameforge is a multi-million dollar company, there is no technical issue that they can't fix in a matter of days if they want to.

that is true. however... they seem to have poured most of the resources into that game pulling even from other games... like most of the staff members we know from aion is present there. so whatever the difficulty is... i doubt they would have been able to work on classic aion or main with a non existing team. and i doubt they would been hiring more ppl to make it happen. they probably did the opposite like most companies from 2020 forward with the crisis... laying off ppl and trying to squeeze the existing ones wherever they can. it seems to be the case here.

but one thing i don't understand is why ru is having the same difficulty. can't be just a coincidence... or wth do i know...

• Gameforge is a multi-million dollar company, there is no technical issue that they can't fix in a matter of days if they want to.

I wish it were true, then we would never have any issue anywhere that we can't fix. Unfortunately, reality is different.

I wish it were true, then we would never have any issue anywhere that we can't fix. Unfortunately, reality is different.

How has your attempt of gathering info been going lately? Any news? even the slightest?

Gameforge has an annual revenue of over 80million.

Maybe some people are naive enough to believe this but I'm not.

The reality is gameforge is so greedy they won't waste a cent to implement a team that could easily overcome "technical difficulties", from a game that :

1 Is over 10 years old

2 is already implemented in several other regions.

3 gameforge already have the licensing for.

"technical difficulties"...pff...just admit that the strategy is to milk has much has possible from 8.0, that's why classic announcement is being kept in the dark, and since you know classic will be the end of aion retail and possibly on the long term basis the end of aion in general for eu.

• Hey, revenue isnt profit. Probably costs millions to run all their game servers. Revenue aint profit. Get your facts straight.

As for the technical difficulties, it sounds as a generic excuse and we all know it is one so I agree on that

• Hey, revenue isnt profit. Probably costs millions to run all their game servers. Revenue aint profit. Get your facts straight.

As for the technical difficulties, it sounds as a generic excuse and we all know it is one so I agree on that

yes, we can see by the quality of the servers that they really cost millions to run...

meanwhile, there are literally services that host much better quality servers than gameforge (as you can experience from the thousands of private servers worldwide (aion, bdo, cod, etc) for 200 euros.

I'm not gonna simp for gameforge, sorry.

Edited 2 times, last by yoska ().

• gameforge don't own any server... they rent one of those services you mentioned... since frankfurt is one of those big nodes and server farms in europe.

they have tons of games and servers so they just rent services

although it costs a quite lot more for proper speed (expecting thousands of ppl and stable at peaks)... high amount of ram (nobody writes things for days into hard db in a AAA game)... multiple online servers... proper backup... maintenance guys... supporting stupid old ncsoft infrastructure and so on. even one server is divided in multiple servers (npc etc).

the more you need the more it will cost... unlike those amateurs with java servers... poorly maintained and bugged servers with lots of virtual bots to make the server appear full... which you can build at home since 1gbps and a static ip is cheap... for a hand of players. it's like some random guy selling apples at the corner of the street... no food regulations no taxes no safety nothing (which is illegal)... and proper supermarket having them but more expensive because of so many things.... food regulations and control fees (for proper standard)... more energy and resource consumption for proper maintenance... more staff for proper service... taxes and so on.

it definitely doesn't cost millions for a game... but can go up to many tens of thousands for retail companies. and further... this is what companies do since they are retail... they need to maintain proper standards and for this is required not only maintenance guys but also staff for further management... marketing... communication... sales and so on and on... and each need to be paid. someone mentioned they can do a better job if they got the aion license. they are delusional... nobody would give you that license if you don't prove you have the proper infrastructure... proper work ethics... experience... stability credentials... and basically everything in place. that guy needs to get into the real world and get hired by one of these companies to see...

but it seems true... they rather cut all costs than invest properly in things.

• while all this might be true, and I agree with u, it doesn't change the fact that the only reason they not announcing classic is due to business strategy, and it has nothing to do with "technical problems". And quite honestly I'm sick and tired of gameforge deceiving strategy.

That was my whole point, to begin with.

• I said it like 4 months ago or something, gameforge won't release classic date before they release 8.0...

Gameforge is a multi-million dollar company, there is no technical issue that they can't fix in a matter of days if they want to.

Lol i doubht they multi-million dollar company.i really doubht that.but the issue to be more then 6 months and even NA got the game its truly something weird here.But i do agree with the retail.Once classic arrives retail is dead.If it ever comes to EU ofc.But retail is already dead so i dont know.

Lol i doubht they multi-million dollar company.i really doubht that.

it's public information since they disclose it

• while all this might be true, and I agree with u, it doesn't change the fact that the only reason they not announcing classic is due to business strategy, and it has nothing to do with "technical problems". And quite honestly I'm sick and tired of gameforge deceiving strategy.

As I explained several times this is not the case. We were originally the ones suggesting having classic servers to NC years ago. The whole idea basically came from us (you can find it in streams with Nic from back then). If we didn't want to have classic, we would have just said it, there is no point in hiding that.

• If we didn't want to have classic, we would have just said it, there is no point in hiding that.

He's not saying you don't want classic [generally], he's saying that you don't want to release classic yet [so you can milk more players in 8.x, aswell as milk some mmo players in other games you publish like SOLO]

As I explained several times this is not the case. We were originally the ones suggesting having classic servers to NC years ago. The whole idea basically came from us (you can find it in streams with Nic from back then). If we didn't want to have classic, we would have just said it, there is no point in hiding that.

Whatever happens, do classic in your own Gameforge terms, don't follow other regions, even though i am enjoying NA but want EU and will switch the moment it happens, Daeva Pass ruined completely the game because of the coins, Also the candies.
    If you want to success do not implement Daeva Pass, keep it sub base game, but get a Cash shop with alot of Cosmetic Items, Gender/Plastic tickets, Dyes, Warehouse/Inventory Expansions, theres alot of way for you guys as company to make alot of money without hurting the game heavily.
    Do not allow candies to be sold on Vendor NPC's. This won't make ppl not buy them, instead people will still buy them to sell to players at lower prices and they will still get sold.

You guys will be the last launching a classic, learn from the mistakes of all others and do the best classic we can get.

One last thing before this gets too big, 1.2 is a boring patch, pure bare bones with barely any content worth doing, Launch on 1.5 at least, or if you decide to launch with 1.2 do not take more then 1month to upgrade to 1.5.