General Event Discussion

• Rewards are calculated based on a lot of data with other sources from the same items, economy etc...

Do we really need RANDOM legendary accessories from events 8 months after 6.2 launch? There must be some error in your algorithm/formula/model.

Nah man you forgot that they plan events in advance.

So when was this event planned? In october? Lets be serious here :(

I'm just answering you so Galeas doesn't need to.

mECvr6V.png

• Rewards are calculated based on a lot of data with other sources from the same items, economy etc...

Do we really need RANDOM legendary accessories from events 8 months after 6.2 launch? There must be some error in your algorithm/formula/model.

Does this mean they consider we have a very good contract source so they won't help player to get a single legendary?

• The event isn't totally useless. It does give pvp enchantment stones for a decent price. Pretty much rest is totally useless and not worth to buy. The targeted group of the event probably struggles with getting the legendary items which is the main problem of the event.

Grinding 1,5h for an instance to get 33% chance to get the legendary item you need is really expensive. The ppl that need those legendaries are usually on garden ancient gear. I can't finish this instance on my gok geared cleric +5 - +10 without abusing hook+mount bug cause I don't have the dps to finish in time. This makes the RNG legendary chest really questionable reward with that price.

And I'm guessing support won't do a thing even though u bought something that has a wrong description on it :(

• I have calculated myself and i think a red piece would of been better instead of black flame that drops ×2 every run.

Red enchantment stones introduced more in events , not saying every event but more than we have atm anyway and think about people wishing for lvl 15 either purple pvp or red pvp to be able to upgrade in future , we also need lots of those beacose we really strugled upgrading them until now , i think people deserve the chance to upgrade them to same tier next patch.

Rewards are calculated based on a lot of data with other sources from the same items, economy etc...

It's fake news. 3 legendary lydium bundle and non selectable accessory/feather chests can prove that. So, you can edit your post to not ashame yourself.

• I have calculated myself and i think a red piece would of been better instead of black flame that drops ×2 every run.

Red enchantment stones introduced more in events , not saying every event but more than we have atm anyway and think about people wishing for lvl 15 either purple pvp or red pvp to be able to upgrade in future , we also need lots of those beacose we really strugled upgrading them until now , i think people deserve the chance to upgrade them to same tier next patch.

if you get red gear from the event, that will be left to do in the game?

• 2) Of course we check the feedback but it doesn't mean we will just read the forum and add exactly what is suggested on forum. Never worked like that and never will (players are not designing events or deciding on the rewards). Obviously we still try to adapt the rewards based on feedback but it will never be a copy paste of it. Rewards are calculated based on a lot of data with other sources from the same items, economy etc... We will not just show the plans, wait for feedback then change the event (no one does that on any MMO)^^ It' s the responsibility of the game designers to do that. It can't work with ping pong and events designed by players.

Game designers should be more in touch with this forum then... oh wait, they're actually from KOR...

• So there is a chain fo quests for this event, kill Grogget 4 times you get the 7 day mount, kill it again 6 times you get a stigma enchantment and after that you have to klill it 10 times for Senekta entry crystal (lol talking about useless). Is there any quest beyond this kill 10 times?

Look there: link. On the right you can choose next quest and check all rewards.

Thank you. This has ruined my week :/ 3 ultimate lydiums for 16 groggets.... and then 20 more groggets for.... 3 Pve stones. rly....

• It's so sad that we even don't deserve an ancient contract for a 1-2k coins for example (talking about current event). In ru servers there was the ancient one for 650 coins and the legendary one for 10k coins. Why can't I receive something useful doing this event?

All rewards are useless except 5 legendary stones a week, but it's nothing as you know.

And unfortunately nothing will change, cause we have new meta here: "Events were designed some months ago, so we can't change anything." Now it will be an excuse for every upcoming event.

• It's so sad that we even don't deserve an ancient contract for a 1-2k coins for example (talking about current event). In ru servers there was the ancient one for 650 coins and the legendary one for 10k coins. Why can't I receive something useful doing this event?

All rewards are useless except 5 legendary stones a week, but it's nothing as you know.

And unfortunately nothing will change, cause we have new meta here: "Events were designed some months ago, so we can't change anything." Now it will be an excuse for every upcoming event.

Well we've been asking for ancient contracts for months so that excuse is bull

We all know the real reason they don't put them in events :D:D

tumblr_npu9hwGpxp1t67sx6o1_400.gif&key=efaae53e79ac92673a90611bd9091d2461437280e81a1159e5f8a67e68cce0bd

• How can you predict the needs and necessities of the community 6 months in advance ?

• if the AION team wish to communicate on any of this it will be done with official statements or in another form. So far there is no answer to those questions that I have for you sorry. I'll try to give some hints though.

1) Given the tone of most of the feedback (in general not this one in particular), I understand why it doesn't happen. The job of those people is not to be on forum and explain their decisions. Coming over here to get insulted is not really appealing.

2) Of course we check the feedback but it doesn't mean we will just read the forum and add exactly what is suggested on forum. Never worked like that and never will (players are not designing events or deciding on the rewards). Obviously we still try to adapt the rewards based on feedback but it will never be a copy paste of it. Rewards are calculated based on a lot of data with other sources from the same items, economy etc... We will not just show the plans, wait for feedback then change the event (no one does that on any MMO)^^ It' s the responsibility of the game designers to do that. It can't work with ping pong and events designed by players.

We do know what game designers' job is Galeas ^^. The issue is that knowing that, we all kinda doubt that they are doing their job properly. You could say that, in the spirit of your reply, our job, as players, is to play these events. But just as those game designers are motivated by, I suppose, their monthly pay, we should be motivated by the enjoyment of the game. So please put yourself into our shoes for a second and try to imagine yourself doing the same solo instance for 36 times, no less, for 3 Ultimate Lydiums. I honestly, not being ironic, so please bare with me, wonder, how much looking and deciphering of the game economy did this particular game design require. It definitely feels like we don't know everything that goes behind the scenes, and that is fine as it should be that way, but it doesn't take a genius to realize that some pieces are missing and others do seem to be the wrong copy pastes in a very rushed and thoughtless process.

Nobody asks for you or Kr guys to make dummy events that reward players whatever candy they feel they need. Hell, I'm even biased on the legendary contract demands that are flooding the forums right now: i DO believe we should work for it. But what is work? When you need to kill 10-20k mobs for, maybe, 1 ancient contract if you are lucky, where does that enjoyable gameplay go?

If the game designers really thought about the game when doing this event, they would know that someone who is so badly geared that actually needs those Narakkali jewels will probably not be able to finish the instance properly. And since this repeatable grind fest of an event is his only hope, he probably is so badly geared that people dont take him to Narakkali.

And ultimately, how are 5 legendary enchantment stones a week going to solve the problem of one item sometimes requiring 200 of them to go from +11 to +15?

These are issues I would like to think that the game designers take into consideration, not bs like... how many enchant stones are created every day on this or that server, how many Kaisinels exist across the board, how soon will the first group finish some end game instance and so on. That is completely irrelevant to a person's experience in this game. Game designers look too much into statistics and forget that the only thing that keeps the wheel turning is personal experience.

• What i dont get is why not simply create Hero Trials quests that go with the event in order to get more rewards.

Like okay, you get the event with crappy rewards from Korea, we get it. But you know the EU community is not the same and that these rewards will be super bad here because we don't have KR shop etc.

Solution: Make HT quests to complement the events.

It probably takes u guys like a day max to create 1 or more HT quests. So it's rly like.....???

As an example for this event, it was probably a bit harder to create a HT quest for it but...just off the top of my head after thinking for 3 seconds:

Quest: [Event] Cap'n Grogget's Revenge

Description: Complete the event instance 15 (or however many times, make it count by last boss kill or something)

Reward: [Rune] Ancient Transformation Contract (18 types)

(This quest is only once per account)

It's not that hard, could make more for legendary stones/fragments/morph crystals (since they are good now)/skins etc

Galeas

Edited 2 times, last by Alibi ().

• Gameforge couldn't predict that 9 months into 6.2 we'd want ancient contracts?

tumblr_npu9hwGpxp1t67sx6o1_400.gif&key=efaae53e79ac92673a90611bd9091d2461437280e81a1159e5f8a67e68cce0bd

• community will always cry cuse u limit us playing the game. I understand the stupid rng enchant system or socket ....or class unbalance...or whatever but limiting us from playing the game like its supposed to be played I don't tolerate this im sorry, and more and more people will rise up and speak regarding this matter.

I know its not your decision Galeas or any other mod, but the guys who plan the events need wake up before they loose another wave of players.

We need legendary contracts . We don't ask for the impossible.

• Because they don‘t change, they won‘t even change till 7.2 and that‘s the last patch we know about.

mECvr6V.png