General Event Discussion

• It would tho. Because few people wouldn't be able to monopolize everything, it's just a matter of time, you cannot be everywhere at once, while 240 ppl... can, actually.

Ah. Because those 240 ppl would surely not split into 4-5 legions and then split altars between them, right?

maybe those that are sitting on 2k stellium wont bother for a while (although i doubt it) but there are so many people that dont participate in altars because its a waste of efford, there are some many medium sized legions that will almost never get a blessed one.

Okay it looks like we're getting to the core of the argument. If you don't want to put in the effort of getting enough people together to actually compete you are currently not bothering. May I ask you why the publisher should change that if people do not care enough to form competing legions currently? Looks like the situation is quite okay apart from some forum comments then?

yea blame the players that cant compete with the top legions of each faction, they must be lazy...
    Idk how are things on your server but on stormwing one or two groups of those overgeared ppl (SP or TN) can outdps without any trouble an alliance (or sometimes 35-40ppl) of a medium sized legion that has few geared people and many undergeared.
    You cant compete in dps race with them in any small or medium sized altar, maybe only on large ones but then their "partners" of the opposite faction will come, wipe you and get the altar... so yea ppl get demotivated and give up on altars sieges not because they are lazy and they want to get things effordless but because the gap is huge since this system feeds them daily with ench stones...

• In KR they join the legion that got coupons on altar then leave. This won't happen on EU but it tells us much about how the system is broken from many points of view.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

• Idk how are things on your server but on stormwing one or two groups of those overgeared ppl (SP or TN) can outdps without any trouble an alliance (or sometimes 35-40ppl) of a medium sized legion that has few geared people and many undergeared.

Easy solution: bring more people.

sick of .sig

• To what end? Not like you can jump 4-5 legions twice a day to buy the things from each of em. 4-5 legions of elyos, 4-5 legions of asmos, you really think all 10 legions, with 10 different leaders, will just cooperate ? And to split what, a total of 4 blessed altars? How? More bother than gain. It only works now because there are 2 giant opposite faction legions.

You're misunderstanding me. You state that you cannot outdps the the huge legion currently at any altar. That means you won't be able to even if only a fifth of those people remains. Because the people better organized, geared and motivated will slap you in your face regardless of legion size. Hence my assumption that those 240 people will still divide buffed altars between them and the rest gets no coupons. You'll only stirr competition between those players and average joe will still not see any coupons.

Well, but I am not badly geared nor disorganized xD That is the thing. I am not even in a small legion, in fact. It's just that one elyo legion cooperates with an asmo legion, Its like... let's say we MIGHT be able to outdps this asmo legion, but they call on their elyo friends, wipe us, then the asmos friends come back to get the altar.

They do the same thing on the elyos side, people can confirm this. Dont you think the situation would be different if asmos would still KS eachother, but they would fight elyos together?

This also happens with world bosses. And since these 2 bigger legions divide themselves for altars, as it is I assume normal given their numbers anyway, there is always either one or other that sees where we are and combine forces to remove us... or even slow us down, that still would mean that even if we manage to get that 1 altar it would be the only we get.

On one world boss where we had the upper hand on DPS, elyos came and single targeted us to remove us one by one but carefully not touching their asmo friends although we were bunched together xD It's just that sad.

If you cannot see the advantage that this cooperation between the factions has, then... there is no point for me to keep beating the dead horse. Because this is where the conversation started, with 2 big legions working hand in hand to obliterate the rest. It would be one thing to have just pvp, where both sides have casualties, it would still be a fair competition, and a completely different story when one faction keeps the other busy while their friends freely take what they were supposed to take based on their deals.

Give me smaller scale pvp and I guarantee you that nobody in my own group will die if its not focused by 50 people at once...

Besides, the servers jsut don't have enough people to create competition to a 240 people active legion. There's just not enough people to make it possible, its why the number 240 is absurd and encourages zerging and monopoly.

I cannot be more clear than this.

Edited once, last by Morrigan ().

• You're right on the cooperation issue, that one already messed with pangea big time back in the days. But that is another thing smaller legions won't fix. It all boils down to you being outnumbered rather than outgeared it seems?

sick of .sig

• Am sorry but you know damn well that isn't true lonestar...u know the other legions are organised and deliberately avoid them, to have those 2 big legions turn up at the last minute to try and steal.

It's also curious how SP transforms come to mostly altars where smaller legions are trying to take and not where TN are going.

4) deal with the opposing faction

but then their "partners" of the opposite faction will come

eyyyyy where my people at with the tinfoil hat "hurrdurrr TN is in bed with SP" look at them SP having 3 ulti coupons today and we're sucking our thumbs after pvp'ing with them and losing. grab your tinfoil hats here for $5 !

Edited 3 times, last by LonestarX: Added context for the haters ().

• eyyyyy where my people at with the tinfoil hat "hurrdurrr TN is in bed with SP" look at them SP having 3 ulti coupons today and we're sucking our thumbs after pvp'ing with them and losing. grab your tinfoil hats here for $5 !

You do realise you do nothing else than spreading hate and flame atm right?
    Yesterday Solo Players got one altar overall.

About the current event. The Shugo Event seems fine, but imo the prices are too high of the goodies.

You can get 50 daily from quests and 50 for the weekly one.

50 x 7 + 50 -> 400 + 70 (10 per day from loggin * 7) -> 470 each week

-> a little bit less than two weeks for one 100% ulti stone...

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

• First of all, you've just proven you talk out of your behind and have no idea what you're speaking about.

1. i'm not spreading anything, i'm merely contesting the haters who've flamed me before just for being part of a legion
    2. You must be playing tetris my friend cos in Aion yesterday SP got 3 ulti coupon altars, are we watching the same map?
    3. Please use the brain and eyes next time, thanks

• Forum Guidelines:

Avoid posts that are considered: spamming, trolling, flaming...in general upsetting the forum atmosphere.

This is the general event discussion thread. How is your meaningless post about altars anyhow connected?

Edit: Small hint, altars are twice a day.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

• Forum Guidelines:

Avoid posts that are considered: spamming, trolling, flaming...in general upsetting the forum atmosphere.

This is the general event discussion thread. How is your meaningless post about altars anyhow connected?

Edit: Small hint, altars are twice a day.

they were only once yesterday because of maintenance meaning no second chance to get it. Secondly, don't backseat moderate, it's poor taste, screams of attention and rather cringy. there's staff for that. third of all, I wasn't speaking out of nowhere, there's a long discussion about the subject i mentioned, tons of posts before it. Now can you please stop the offtopic ? (aka the meta discussion) Thanks

• Guess then it was tuesday. ^^

Re-read what the others say. Their post has a context to talk about.
    Yours is simply toxic.

• Guess then it was tuesday. ^^

Re-read what the others say. Their post has a context to talk about.
    Yours is simply toxic.

my post has context as well, it's just not quoted. it's a counter argument to the other posts about the altars trading. like i said, please think before you post, it awfully seems a lot like you've got nothing to say so you just simply attack me, picking straws. i'm not gonna bother with you anymore, you're not worth the effort

LE: added context to link from couple of the tens of posts that were part of the discussion :)

Edited 2 times, last by LonestarX ().

• Mobs in Lakrum and Dumaha also drop these meals, quite often tbh.

• Mobs in Lakrum and Dumaha also drop these meals, quite often tbh.

Could you throw some numbers at me/us?

• I offer my sincere condolences, I had Veille from the elite rewards and got Tahabata yesterday.... It's actually really frustrating, especially as I play a tech, and Tech/Gunners didn't even get decent xforms their class until 6 months after xforms were implemented. I only got Tiamat Apostle 3 weeks ago.