General Event Discussion

• everyone from same faction should be able to buy things from the special npc, weekly quest should stay accessible to the legion owning the altar.

realistically speaking, the npc would be useless for non-geared people without the weeklies:P it's kind of a paradox, can't get geared w/o enchantment stones, can't get enchantment stones w/o gear.

Why would it be useless you ask? cos from my personal experience, lowly geared you don't get enough stellium just from sieges to buy the coupons.

bro I started playing aion 10 days ago I farm 120++ stellium each day and I play solo, when you in ally you get far less stellium ........and I'm not good geared I only have like 10 legendary parts only weapons on +15 other parts ancient I agree with AionIsLife everyone should be able to buy things from special npc not just 1-2 legions that's unfair personally I don't care for 1-2 ulti stones you can farm 2 ulti stones each day if you know what you do

• I agree with AionIsLife everyone should be able to buy things from special npc not just 1-2 legions that's unfair

That actually works both ways. I think we all saw what happened to PvE Pandora when you could get rewards without putting in any effort at all and also got the joy of afk Dredgions. There has to be a better solution than just free stuff for everyone.

sick of .sig

• everyone from same faction should be able to buy things from the special npc, weekly quest should stay accessible to the legion owning the altar.

realistically speaking, the npc would be useless for non-geared people without the weeklies:P it's kind of a paradox, can't get geared w/o enchantment stones, can't get enchantment stones w/o gear.

Why would it be useless you ask? cos from my personal experience, lowly geared you don't get enough stellium just from sieges to buy the coupons.

This is true but it will motivate them to the the dailies and weekly quests that gives them a fixed amount of stellium and doesn't involve being in certain dps brackets.

It could be 240 or 50 I don't care but it's once again another mechanics the rich get richer. Don't we have enough of those mechanics?

Still, reducing legion size will not change that at all, will it?

It's pointless to change legion size as long as the mechanics stay the same.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

• I agree with AionIsLife everyone should be able to buy things from special npc not just 1-2 legions that's unfair

That actually works both ways. I think we all saw what happened to PvE Pandora when you could get rewards without putting in any effort at all and also got the joy of afk Dredgions. There has to be a better solution than just free stuff for everyone.

Simple:

Those who are active at altar gets the bonuses of the altar.

It's not rocket science to even code it. Wont matter if you are in a group or solo.

• Simple:

Those who are active at altar gets the bonuses of the altar.

It's not rocket science to even code it. Wont matter if you are in a group or solo.

You miss an even simplier point:
    No one will sit down and create a new point system in aion.

If the Devs would pay attention to this kind of stuff, they would also have upgraded the game to a newer engine.

Sorry to pop that bubble of yours, but this ain't gonna happen in Aion at the current state. :)

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

I didn't mean free there should be some contribution points required to get items, why just not put the higher price (more stellium) for ulti/legendary stones so people will need to go on if not all most of altars....

• its not free stuff for everyone since you need to participate in altar sieges to get contribution and be rewarded with steliums

So you don't expect people to turn selfish mode on and bring alts to altar raids? Or to move between altars to get contribution everywhere rather than securing them because it suddenly does not matter anymore who gets them?

I'm pretty sure all those people sitting at more than 2k stellium currently won't bother with altar raids for a while but rather embrace having time for other stuff in the evenings.

sick of .sig

• yea thats sad truth I guess but dont pop our bubble :(

• It could be 240 or 50 I don't care but it's once again another mechanics the rich get richer. Don't we have enough of those mechanics?

Still, reducing legion size will not change that at all, will it?

It would tho. Because few people wouldn't be able to monopolize everything, it's just a matter of time, you cannot be everywhere at once, while 240 ppl... can, actually. Or you mean to say that faction imbalance was fair because the stronger faction had more people therefore it was better if they got everything and the others almost nothing?

I won't even mention unorthodox ways in which some players still chose to reach the tops, there's a website for that these days. I just want to remind some how after the first honor reset the lesser faction panicked hard due to lack of transforms vs a strong faction that had many of them, and why? Higher numbers = siege win = more honor = more transforms = altar win = more stellium = more coupons , and so on.

In the end, you have to understand that Aion is no longer a game of competition. Competition is possible between equally prepared opponents. Dominance in this game is built into the system not because it is fair to the players, but because it needs to be ensured for certain groups in order for the business to run.

• maybe those that are sitting on 2k stellium wont bother for a while (although i doubt it) but there are so many people that dont participate in altars because its a waste of efford, there are some many medium sized legions that will almost never get a blessed one. For the alt part that you mentioned i dont really care about it, if they can do that on altars maybe they can do it in fort sieges as well... can you stop them from doing that ? no... does it affect your progress ? no...

• bro I started playing aion 10 days ago [...] I'm not good geared I only have like 10 legendary parts only weapons on +15 other parts ancient

in 10 days that's actually a very good progression imo. It took me 16 days to get from ancient to ultimate weapon only, everything else was on ancient state.

• bro I started playing aion 10 days ago [...] I'm not good geared I only have like 10 legendary parts only weapons on +15 other parts ancient

in 10 days that's actually a very good progression imo. It took me 16 days to get from ancient to ultimate weapon only, everything else was on ancient state.

I'm lucky I back in right time this event is very good if not better then 1st shugo tomb event xD but really in 3 weeks everyone will have full legendary set + ulti weap + legendary transformation, people who skip this event should stop playing aion, in my opinion, they will be in even greater delay

If only there were tons of weekly/daily q giving plenty stelium...

If only there were tons of weekly/daily q giving plenty stelium...

still not enough :) trust me i get around 50 stellium per siege and doing all the altars weekly (11 of them meaning) and with the amount of coupons we get I can barely get them all. not trying to twist the knife, I'm just stating that realistically speaking it's not gonna be as perfect as you portrayed it to be :) ofc it's better than nothing

• It would tho. Because few people wouldn't be able to monopolize everything, it's just a matter of time, you cannot be everywhere at once, while 240 ppl... can, actually.

Ah. Because those 240 ppl would surely not split into 4-5 legions and then split altars between them, right?

maybe those that are sitting on 2k stellium wont bother for a while (although i doubt it) but there are so many people that dont participate in altars because its a waste of efford, there are some many medium sized legions that will almost never get a blessed one.

Okay it looks like we're getting to the core of the argument. If you don't want to put in the effort of getting enough people together to actually compete you are currently not bothering. May I ask you why the publisher should change that if people do not care enough to form competing legions currently? Looks like the situation is quite okay apart from some forum comments then?

sick of .sig

• It would tho. Because few people wouldn't be able to monopolize everything, it's just a matter of time, you cannot be everywhere at once, while 240 ppl... can, actually.

Ah. Because those 240 ppl would surely not split into 4-5 legions and then split altars between them, right?

maybe those that are sitting on 2k stellium wont bother for a while (although i doubt it) but there are so many people that dont participate in altars because its a waste of efford, there are some many medium sized legions that will almost never get a blessed one.

Okay it looks like we're getting to the core of the argument. If you don't want to put in the effort of getting enough people together to actually compete you are currently not bothering. May I ask you why the publisher should change that if people do not care enough to form competing legions currently? Looks like the situation is quite okay apart from some forum comments then?

even so, that would be 240 x 4-5 :P i like the idea of rotating the altars among 4-5 legions, that'd make it available for around 1k players. but we all know that's likely not gonna happen because there's too many variables involved

• Ah. Because those 240 ppl would surely not split into 4-5 legions and then split altars between them, right?

To what end? Not like you can jump 4-5 legions twice a day to buy the things from each of em. 4-5 legions of elyos, 4-5 legions of asmos, you really think all 10 legions, with 10 different leaders, will just cooperate ? And to split what, a total of 4 blessed altars? How? More bother than gain. It only works now because there are 2 giant opposite faction legions.

The strongest would still mainly join 1 of these, do as much as they can, perhaps have more than the average legion, but they would still have a limit.

• Ah. Because those 240 ppl would surely not split into 4-5 legions and then split altars between them, right?

To what end? Not like you can jump 4-5 legions twice a day to buy the things from each of em. 4-5 legions of elyos, 4-5 legions of asmos, you really think all 10 legions, with 10 different leaders, will just cooperate ? And to split what, a total of 4 blessed altars? How? More bother than gain. It only works now because there are 2 giant opposite faction legions.

I'd just like to point out that amazingly the next siege on SW there's supposed to be 8 buffed altars :D^^

• To what end? Not like you can jump 4-5 legions twice a day to buy the things from each of em. 4-5 legions of elyos, 4-5 legions of asmos, you really think all 10 legions, with 10 different leaders, will just cooperate ? And to split what, a total of 4 blessed altars? How? More bother than gain. It only works now because there are 2 giant opposite faction legions.

You're misunderstanding me. You state that you cannot outdps the the huge legion currently at any altar. That means you won't be able to even if only a fifth of those people remains. Because the people better organized, geared and motivated will slap you in your face regardless of legion size. Hence my assumption that those 240 people will still divide buffed altars between them and the rest gets no coupons. You'll only stirr competition between those players and average joe will still not see any coupons.

sick of .sig