Ancient transformation fragments and ancient transformation reagent

• Hi,

If you try fuse, combine or call it whatever you want ancient transformation fragments from eso and the ancient transfomation reagent from goldsand shop it will not work.

Please fix it!

• 1 month later,no info,truthfully wasted.

just wait. it is clearly not a game-changing bug. of course it is not fixed yet.

why you are acting in their defence like some kind of moderator?i think based on the ''wait time'' we have done is enough to actually TYPE in the known issues or at least give an update,an answer.Thx for acting as shine armor knight for them.

• why you are acting in their defence like some kind of moderator?i think based on the ''wait time'' we have done is enough to actually TYPE in the known issues or at least give an update,an answer.Thx for acting as shine armor knight for them.

Because that is logic ?

Because GF is not the developer but the publisher here and if NC didn't give them a date, they can't give one ?

Because someone need to be the devil's advocate for little things like that ?

Would have it been experience extractor (which are way too expensive for the need), I don't say.

(as for the known issues, yes, indeed, they could have, but if they put there every bug of this update, known issues post would be longer than... I don't know, the waiting time for Platinerk)

• (as for the known issues, yes, indeed, they could have, but if they put there every bug of this update, known issues post would be longer than... I don't know, the waiting time for Platinerk)

Maybe then someone from higher ups would noticed that they might need to finally invest in a better testers since the current ones surely aren't doing their job too well.

Sure, aion never was the most bug-free game, but that doesn't mean that non working gameforge-requested features are to be ignored.

This is one of very few gameforge features and yet it's not working for over 2 weeks with no official statement or whatsoever.

Duh, we shouldn't even get 7.7 on live servers if there were/are non working features. It's not like community was pressuring gameforge about 7.7, in fact even after they announced it there was legitly no hype at all for it and majority of players are rather dissatisfied by the additional layer of RNG and lack of westernization.

• Man i dont even bother besides this reply to further it,the fact that SOMEONE after all these years exists to go through the messages of ''protecting'' and ''defending'' some choices made by the company.Especially those answers of ''its not the developer is the publisher,i really over that LONG LONG time ago as excuse,be innovative come up with something new will u?i offer u the community manager spot,dear,i bet u are happy.

• Maybe then someone from higher ups would noticed that they might need to finally invest in a better testers since the current ones surely aren't doing their job too well.

If you were a tester of any game or software, you would know that the problem is not the testers but the awful patchs send by the developers.

How to add new content could break a functionality that has nothing to do with that new content

For having been tester on another game few years, i can tell you, no one would have check something that dates from 10 updates, has nothing to do with the new update and is not documented on the patchnote. It's like you're actually asking them to check all the quest on Poeta when they add a new map, a nonsense

• If you were a tester of any game or software, you would know that the problem is not the testers but the awful patchs send by the developers.

How to add new content could break a functionality that has nothing to do with that new content1

How do I even comment that, huh..

It's your job as a tester to find and report bugs, saying that bugs on production are developer fault is just toxic. If the devs were capable of writing flawless code then there would be no need for a testers.

What you're saying is typical attitude of an tester with negative business value.

For having been tester on another game few years, i can tell you, no one would have check something that dates from 10 updates, has nothing to do with the new update and is not documented on the patchnote. It's like you're actually asking them to check all the quest on Poeta when they add a new map, a nonsense

Ever heard of automation? Coz the only reason (aside of being lazy and-or incompetent or underpaid tester) why nobody would check it is because there would be automated tests which cover that for you and instantly report whenever there will be something not working.

If you're not doing that then please let me know what game you're "testing" so I can avoid these half ass tested products, thanks.

• A tester only follow the test plan he has been provided for. Nothing more. And most of the time, written tests are functionals tests, regressions tests are too wide to be implemented.

So any bug that is not related to the test plan, unless obvious and big ones, cannot be identified.

Test plans are defined and validated by project leader according to coverage, delay and cost.

About automation (and let's talk about CI), yet again, you only automate a test plan defined and validated.

You might want to keep previous automated tests but, the more time passes, the more versions appears, the more features are implemented, the more code rewrittings are done, thus, the more old tests have to be rewritten or disabled.

Maintaining automated tests is a big cost, and in our case, it is not up to GF to verify NCsoft code quality.

They might ask NC for such and proved quality check but yet again, it adds delay (players want to have updates asap), and cost (obviously, NCsoft would charges GF for that).

The latter would explain why the current issue was left unnoticed by NC (GF doesnt pay, NC dont bother test) and by GF ( they obviously dont test features that were successfully tested in previous (at least 2) patches)

If the devs were capable of writing flawless code then there would be no need for a testers.

What the client wanted, what the analyst produced, what the developer built

• A tester only follow the test plan he has been provided for. Nothing more. And most of the time, written tests are functionals tests, regressions tests are too wide to be implemented.

So any bug that is not related to the test plan, unless obvious and big ones, cannot be identified.

Solution?

✖ - Accept that you cannot find bugs and keep wasting your time on creating test cases and strictly follow them.

✔ - Adapt and start partially replacing "bureaucracy" with exploratory tests which let you find critical bugs far easier than following the test cases.

About automation (and let's talk about CI), yet again, you only automate a test plan defined and validated.

You can also automate the retests of any bugs which occured in the past to avoid a chance of them happening again in the future.

You might want to keep previous automated tests but, the more time passes, the more versions appears, the more features are implemented, the more code rewrittings are done, thus, the more old tests have to be rewritten or disabled.

Maintaining automated tests is a big cost, and in our case, it is not up to GF to verify NCsoft code quality.

They *might* require rewriting, might as well not. A lot depends on the code and the tests themselves.

Also it's not like the tests *have to* be related to the code, they might be done without even having access to it.

• Testing is not as easy as that.

It is impossible to write flawless code. That for starters. Unless you are programming a simple summaiton machine or something like that. Given this, testers are required to find bugs, but the work that automated tests and testers can do can simply not approach the level of variables to test that the entire game population over a long period of time can try.

The testers are not flawless and bugs found cannot be simply blindly attributed to the testers, because they might as well have well slipped while the testers prevented dozens of critical errors, game breaking glitches, etc. It is basically similar to the quest of trying to obtain pure water by means of a source and filters, no matter the purest mountain stream you find and the layers upon layers of filters that you submit it through, you will pretty much never obtain 100% pure water, which is not fault of neither the source or the filters as they cannot be expeced to be perfect. This is similar, no matter how great the programmed code is and how many tests you submit it through, for something as huge as Aion, there is bound to be bugs that slip through.

That being said, having these kind of bugs is frustraitng nonetheless, and hopefully it can be patched soon.

• Chromium bugtrack

So this is the bugtrack website of the core of some of the most used web browsers over the world, managed and funded by one of the most proeminent companies over the world, with an annual income of tens of billions.

Since this one is open source, many over the world, including expert in their field of various companies (including major IT compagnies), contribute by developping and testing. They are not noob developpers.

This project has CI (Chromium CI) so be assured automated tests are performed very regurlarly.

Still bugs.

7 years old thread, still applies.

Back to topic. GF has little communication on bugs. Galeas answers on discord are usually:

-"I'll report it"

-"I'll ask the team"

-"I'm only told what they told me"

Except shop issues (obviously).

• It´s 2020 and there are people still arguing that Gameforge is only the publisher and not the developer? Srsly, who cares? Only thing that matters is "who takes my money I invest in this game?" I don´t care, if Gameforge can solve problems with the product they sell to me by themselves or not. If they can´t solve a problem with the product they sell to me by themselves, it´s still their job to get someone who can solve the problem. In a manageable time frame. And to report the progress to the customers. With this actual bug Gameforge seems to fail with both, with getting the problem solved AND with reporting any progress......

• and that is the real problem, not the existence of bugs...

Also curious that fixing takes so long

Fixing a bug is an assessement of the following: Impact, Fix complexity, expected cost.

But remember that that assessment is made within NC/GF POV.

IMHO : such issue has no impact in sales (talking about lootboxes).

Because of that : not a priority and best effort so.

It´s 2020 and there are people still arguing that Gameforge is only the publisher and not the developer? Srsly, who cares? Only thing that matters is "who takes my money I invest in this game?" I don´t care, if Gameforge can solve problems with the product they sell to me by themselves or not. If they can´t solve a problem with the product they sell to me by themselves, it´s still their job to get someone who can solve the problem. In a manageable time frame. And to report the progress to the customers. With this actual bug Gameforge seems to fail with both, with getting the problem solved AND with reporting any progress......

2020 and there's still people wanting quality service for a FREE feature.