28.10.2020 on Korea - Classic Server Discussions

• gales wrote on discord if its coming its more than 6months away :)

6 months after the confirmation of ncsoft?

If yes I'd be curious why it would take so long.

• 6 months after the confirmation of ncsoft?

If yes I'd be curious why it would take so long.

Step1 : commercial bargain (licence fee)

Step2 : IT deployment (from market assessement, IT scaling, ordering servers/installing them)

Step3 : Game install

Step4 : testing (the more time is better)

Are you working in IT field?

• Galeas so is it possible now to start EU Classic?

We are checking with NC at the moment and discussing it.

ye, but is this "hot topic" or just you are thinking about that possibility? Can we expect classic version in 2020 or rather not?

It is a hot topic, but having it for 2020 is completely unrealistic. It didn't even start yet in KR and such things require a lot of preparation on pretty much all aspects (marketing, communication, translation, server preparation etc...).

• So it's Aion Classic and it's coming to KR on 11.11.2020. It will be progressive classic server, starting from version 1.2 and finishing on 2.7.

wow what an epic fail...

1.2 - 2.7 is so outdated. It won't manage to stand on it's feet, not in 2020/2021.

Galeas I know it's too early to ask, but as it is the situation now, plan is to get the same package as NC? Or more options are on the table? Like eu getting a later classic patch than this?

Legend of the Kaisinel Temple

• Getting another version seems impossible that's the reason why we never had a classic server sor far, that is not going to change, no support = no version. I think that actually many many people love the game around 1.9/2.5.

• I think that actually many many people love the game around 1.9/2.5.

Why don't you make a poll of which previous patch players liked the most?

I understand if you don't have any alternative options, but pretending that something is so good because you can't have something better it's just lame arguments and usually politicians speaks like that to influence the mass.

• Poll for what? If they release a classic server one day it will be a version given them by Koreans. Everything you can do is not to play it if you dont like it.

• I think that actually many many people love the game around 1.9/2.5.

Why don't you make a poll of which previous patch players liked the most?

I understand if you don't have any alternative options, but pretending that something is so good because you can't have something better it's just lame arguments and usually politicians speaks like that to influence the mass.

you can enjoy 1.9-2.7 content and wait for KR Classic next patch release

• Poll for what? If they release a classic server one day it will be a version given them by Koreans. Everything you can do is not to play it if you dont like it.

A poll to see what version players like the most. Not a poll of which version we will get. He already explained there aren't more options than that, and i respect it.

I only want to see how he end up in that conclusion that so many people liked that patch and not a later one.

Or if in the end, a simple poll will draw so many resources and free time out of your lives, you people can believe your own delusions.

• And the thanks goes to NC Soft ! :applaus:

as I sayed in the past ::tea:

Russian publisher

Seems like there are plans to open a new classic pay 2 play server.

I would sign and pay starting monthly & immediately if there is no p2w on our Servers!

For a classic server like this, I'd rather reach into my wallet and renew my subscription.

:good:and I still have that opinion today:beer:

But good news overall.

:loveheart: yes

its more than 6months away :)

:tea: I can wait :tea:

• Getting another version seems impossible that's the reason why we never had a classic server sor far, that is not going to change, no support = no version. I think that actually many many people love the game around 1.9/2.5.

But i guess if we will get a game around 1.9/2.5 it will be not a subscription model?

Because unless I made a mistake gameforge have any game with Subscription system and said on wiki gameforge develops on the Freemium model.

Edited once, last by NekoMujuuryoku ().

• I must admit that the business idea is simply brilliant:

Step 1: release a game, let´s call it e.g. AION

Step 2: develop the game over the years to an update 7.7, earn lots of money, while bringing more and more unpopular developments into the game, so the community gets more and more upset about the direction the game goes

Step 3: stop the game development with update 7.7 and announce a classic server with old updates, which won´t cost much work or money, because we can just use our old, already available data, no new development or costs needed

Step 4: milk the same customers, which are so happy and think you have done them a great favor, again which you have already milked for years and let´s start AION again from begin, everyone is happy

Brilliant, simply brilliant, I bow myself before your great business acumen...... :thumbup:

And I also think that A LOT of people also loved the game during 3.X and 4.X (before 4.8 and all the mess that came with it, maybe even excluding 4.7), this was YOUR (as Gameforge) prime time and when the servers were at their best.

Now of course as you said, no support from NC = no version for you and us, and that's perfectly understandable and normal.

But once koreans reach 2.7 and are stuck with it, what will happen (IF their server is somewhat alive and everything works correctly, economically and population wise) ? I don't really know if those versions are the ones that they enjoyed the most, and if today's players there even played back then, but we can imagine that NC changes their mind and provides other versions after 2.7 if their playerbase really asks for more.

Anyway we can only just "talk" about it, and see how it goes. The good thing tho is that with a 6 months or + delay, it allows Gameforge to see if the project is working in Korea. If yes, then cool we might get it, let's hope without any P2W if they can find a good way of selling cosmetics to compensate / or just stick to the monthly subscription system (even though it might not be the best for us, idk tbh). If not, then they can just stop working on it.

I know that if this fails in Korea, it doesn't mean that it will fail here, but if we're being realistic, the server dying there means the support stops, and unless GF makes a specific agreement, the support will also stop for us, so they just won't take the risk of investing time and money for it to die within the year of release.

• [...]

Aion peak was in 3.*/4.*, in 2.7 before it became f2p the game was dying at a very high pace, while 2.7 was actually pretty fun in my opinion, it wasn't as good as 3.* or 4.*.

But 1.2???????? That version had so many bugs and silence locks ugh, unless all that gets fixed... yeah, we're gonna have issues. [...] Even 2.7 isn't that popular.

So how can you say that those versions were popular? They weren't.

While it can be fun... it won't be nearly as successful because of 1.2. My idea was make it 2.* and then progress it up to 4.* in like 2 years and stop there. But ey, nothing we can do.

But the fact that we have to wait 6 months is hilarious lmao.

Edit Olly : Disrespect, out of ToS.

Edited 2 times, last by Olly ().

• 1.x are good starting patches, and by far among the less bugged ones. But I really think that they should keep going until 3.9 or 4.5, the end of 2.x wasn't so good, it all comes down to what KR players want in the end

I hate stupid people.

• 1.x are good starting patches, and by far among the less bugged ones. But I really think that they should keep going until 3.9 or 4.5, the end of 2.x wasn't so good, it all comes down to what KR players want in the end

It's better than nothing. But again, 6 months? That's a long long time.

As far as what Galeas said, can you give us some examples of advertisement that Gameforge has done in the past? I've never seen it. The only time I see things about Aion is from players - words of mouth, random posts about how they miss old Aion and that's about it.

And don't tell me it's when you paid Vashiro to promote the game and then he quit for another MMO while dissing Aion, cause that ain't it.