28.10.2020 on Korea - Classic Server Discussions

• Srsly, the wish for some kind of classic server with old patch status is just the wish of few ppl who just can´t let go the so called "good old times", nothing more.

like a "few" wants the korean sounds & language ?:pillepalle:

Yes, only a few ppl want a classic server like only a few ppl wanted the korean sounds and language or do you wanna claim that it was the majority that wanted the korean sounds and language?

That when the classic comes, they are not populated enough?

A classic server would be populated for the first few weeks, than it gets boring again because we already played that old stuff years ago......

- it won´t attract new players, the reason is obviously, why should someone start a game on a patch that is years old when he/she can start the actual patch? Maybe some old patches were better than the actual patch but a new AIOn player won´t know this, so there is no reason to start on a classic server. And on the actual patch the gap between veterans and newbies is already that big that most newbies test AION and quit it forever despite a classic server

Because the new players start on the classic and therefore do not lag behind that which they will never catch up with >Veterans in the current ones?:chair:

Because everyone starts with classic at zero?:good:

Wrong. First is that new players (I mean really new players who haven´t played AION before) don´t even know that there is an actual live server AND a classic server for AION, majority of them would join the actual live server automatically because lack of knowledge. And tbh, if I was a completely new player and I want to test out AION, I would try the latest patch and not some old stuff on a so called classic server.

A classic server would never be for new players but for some veterans who are annoyed with actual patch and wish they could turn back time....

Second is that there will always be a gap between veterans and new players even on a classic server. A veteran that played the old patches on classic server for years will always have a big advantage to a complete new player, the veteran knows which class to pick, how to make fast kinah and fast progress and he knows the game mechanics, the new player don´t know all these things.....

Wrong again. You can´t use your premium time of your main account on EAS and have to buy extra gold packs there (in my opinion one of the main reasons Gameforge released the EAS at all). Classic server would be the same as EAS, you have to make a new account there (just because your actual chars on the live server wouldn´t be compatible with the older patches on classic server) and so you have to buy new gold packs on classic server for your new account. Gameforge is a company that wants/needs to earn money or do you really think they would bring a classic server without the goal of earning new money with it? :D

• Classic server would be the same as EAS, you have to make a new account there (just because your actual chars on the live server wouldn´t be compatible with the older patches on classic server) and so you have to buy new gold packs on classic server for your new account. Gameforge is a company that wants/needs to earn money or do you really think they would bring a classic server without the goal of earning new money with it?

New accounts for everyone for the new Server ???:pillepalle:

for example a game with classic Version:

All players with an active World of Warcraft subscription or game time on their accounts have access to WoW Classic at no additional cost.

seen@Access to WoW Classic is included in and available to all players with an active World of Warcraft subscription—no additional purchase required.

So why should that be handled differently at NC / GF?:confused:

Yes, only a few ppl want a classic server like only a few ppl wanted the korean sounds and language or do you wanna claim that it was the majority that wanted the korean sounds and language?

If you don't worry that there are "many" why do you write as if the world is going to end?

handle it as we now have to deal with the Korean language and sounds:

just take it and play without sound

or in this case play without going to this server

A classic server would be populated for the first few weeks, than it gets boring again because we already played that old stuff years ago......

You'd only be bored because "we" played it years ago

but it was never as boring as it is now.:puke:

Just because you don't want to play "old stuf"?

That does not make sense.

Wait those few weeks off and see what is on offer.

If your fears can come true, you can still scold ...:cursing:

Wrong. First is that new players (I mean really new players who haven´t played AION before) don´t even know that there is an actual live server AND a classic server for AION, majority of them would join the actual live server automatically because lack of knowledge. And tbh, if I was a completely new player and I want to test out AION, I would try the latest patch and not some old stuff on a so called classic server.

A classic server would never be for new players but for some veterans who are annoyed with actual patch and wish they could turn back time....

Second is that there will always be a gap between veterans and new players even on a classic server. A veteran that played the old patches on classic server for years will always have a big advantage to a complete new player, the veteran knows which class to pick, how to make fast kinah and fast progress and he knows the game mechanics, the new player don´t know all these things.....

at first:

As on the WOW page, players can also be shown that there is a classic server ...

So they can decide for themself which one to log in to.

And you mean they are annoyed for no reason and that NC is ready to think about something like that and to create one that is all useless?

and second:

the new players can then learn from the veterans and be guided by them without having to play for long time themselves.

Thus the former learning curve can be shortened which we had to experience back then.

Everyone knows how happy we were when someone knew an instance and showed everyone who was new, how to play it and what matters when you enter them.:applaus:

On the official server it's now just dull to play at lvl 80 and then learn:facepalm:

which makes no sense everyone thinks he has learned everything on his way to the max lvl ....:rofl:

• Because, as notmyaion told you just before with an example of things done by GF, if EAS need a new account, chance are we will need a new account too if we ever have a classic version.

GF/NC are not Blizzard. Why take the example of ANOTHER publisher when THERE IS an existing example of the SAME publisher ?

(Moreover, for Blizzard it is a launcher account. You need one account to log in every game you have for them. We don't have a GF account to log in every game. We have an account per game. EAS is not the same game as Live and won't be the same game as Classic.)

the new players can then learn from the veterans and be guided by them without having to play for long time themselves.

Thus the former learning curve can be shortened which we had to experience back then.

Well. No.

I'm a F2P player. I arrived in june 2012. And I don't remember once having help from old players. At best, I had a answer "no I can't". (back then, if you didn't had gold pack you couldn't write in LFG, so things were limited for new players. And gold pack, even at 2M/u was more difficult to achieve as a new player than a 50~75M/u gold pack today). Old players didn't help new one. You had a few mentor, but they mainly helped their friends, not strangers.

You learned the hard way.

(And if I may add, nowadays old players have less patience than ever concerning new players)

On the official server it's now just dull to play at lvl 80 and then learn :facepalm:

which makes no sense everyone thinks he has learned everything on his way to the max lvl ....

Because you think after playing for month to pex people knew their class back then ? No. You learned once you were high level, either for pve or pvp.

• Why take the example of ANOTHER publisher when THERE IS an existing example of the SAME publisher ?

The "existing example" is not applicable if it is about a different server like a classic one that has nothing but nothing to do with an EAS...

Well. No.

I'm a F2P player. I arrived in june 2012. And I don't remember once having help from old players. At best, I had a answer "no I can't". (back then, if you didn't had gold pack you couldn't write in LFG, so things were limited for new players. And gold pack, even at 2M/u was more difficult to achieve as a new player than a 50~75M/u gold pack today). Old players didn't help new one. You had a few mentor, but they mainly helped their friends, not strangers.

You learned the hard way.

yes i'm a player of the very first patches including the betas.

But to all players in legions who have always accepted new players, we have always helped no matter how small the level of the player was.

I'm sorry for you that you had a different experience backthen.

The only things I learned the hard way was

• that my teammates weren't much further than me and everyone was dependent on the other to get ahead and not just get everything in the shop without spending hours playing in the game.
    • my legions, for which I decided to join, were always the ones who helped the others to get ahead and to convey understanding of the game mechanics

(And if I may add, nowadays old players have less patience than ever concerning new players)

that has to do with the success curve that we were tied to on the official server due to all the changes that the new patches always brought with them....

Because you think after playing for month to pex people knew their class back then ? No. You learned once you were high level, either for pve or pvp.

I can still remember very well that we knew our classes even at the lower level in the "eltnen" area so far that we got along well on our own.

the lvl there was well adapted in contrast to the recycled ones we have now.

how long do the players stay in these lover lvl now?

until they reach lvl 80? 1-2 days?

how are they supposed to learn anything from their characters and how to play them?

It was really different before your time.

So don't talk about the past and what you have experienced when you have only been here since free to play !

From my point of view, a classic server means before free to play & pay to win

• that my teammates weren't much further than me and everyone was dependent on the other to get ahead and not just get everything in the shop without spending hours playing in the game.

my legions, for which I decided to join, were always the ones who helped the others to get ahead and to convey understanding of the game mechanics

I carry around similar memories but we can't live the same experience again. Things have changed people we used to play quit for good.

Apart from the subscription and the pvp (especially during the time when the asmo ranger with 30 elite abyss gear in our server was taking his break from ganking) I can't think of one reason for someone to go back to a classic version of an already classic game. Less classes , lack of basic items like ap, stigmas or manastones , epic socketing fails etc.

• i have to agree with some of @Kayiane last post and @Doris last post

When Aion was released there was a great deal of help legions was legions and even if you was not in a legion you still got help.

Todays Aion well what can i say from a returning players point of view you have to get on with it or you get no where and if you get on with it you still will not get to top level as the gap is to large, groups are a joke even a run of ESO they want to see your gear lol, I bet if Udas was a group it would be the same there lol.

Todays Aion is not Aion in my eyes they made the patches for the money it would bring and not for the players.

Now the old Aion was for the players yes you paid monthly but the game was a game for the players.

Yes there was draw backs if you only wanted to PVE as all maps after the 1st map was PVP / PVE maps, and that was what many players did not like they just wanted PVE and did not like getting killed so later patches were made in mind for PVE and not PVP this is were things started to go really wrong. Also a lot of players did not like the grind to be able to do anything.

My saying is if you don't like grind don't play and Korean game and if you don't like getting killed don't play a game that is PVE / PVE based.

The last part was when NCsoft gave GF Aion EU to run, GF name at running games well I will keep it clean here or my post will just be deleted so I will say no more on that.

I think Aion could have been so much better but they used the wrong engine to start with I know they done this for the graphics the cry engine could bring but they never updated it. Also it was not the greatest engine for a mess of players to be in the same area so sieges always suffered.

if they went back to the start of release and done it the way they should have from the start we could only wish but that would be a new game again.

• I carry around similar memories but we can't live the same experience again. Things have changed people we used to play quit for good.

Apart from the subscription and the pvp (especially during the time when the asmo ranger with 30 elite abyss gear in our server was taking his break from ganking) I can't think of one reason for someone to go back to a classic version of an already classic game. Less classes , lack of basic items like ap, stigmas or manastones , epic socketing fails etc.

For me if a a aion classic I want to say why I would go on this aion classic but I feel that if I say the reason certain person will criticize me.

But to make it quick I don't like the current patch with transformations or the new 7.X classes ... of course it's my opinion this is by no means a generality.

Edited once, last by NekoMujuuryoku ().

• Forget it, Doris wants the "good old times" so hard back and you can´t argue with ppl that live in the past. No argument will be heard......

I bet my ingame kinah that Gameforge won´t bring a classic server anyways and if they do, then with all the actual p2w stuff that brings them lots of money.

I am out here....

• i have to agree with some of Kayiane last post and Doris last post

I also agree to a few things in the post of Kayiane

especially if we had had the same experience

When Aion was released there was a great deal of help legions was legions and even if you was not in a legion you still got help.

that's how I was able to experience it and I wish that many other players who choose the classic server can also experience it, if we receive one in EU...

Todays Aion is not Aion in my eyes they made the patches for the money it would bring and not for the players.

Now the old Aion was for the players yes you paid monthly but the game was a game for the players.

And we need a game for gamers.

GF can also benefit greatly from this.

more players more revenue

• Forget it, Doris wants the "good old times" so hard back and you can´t argue with ppl that live in the past. No argument will be heard......

I bet my ingame kinah that Gameforge won´t bring a classic server anyways and if they do, then with all the actual p2w stuff that brings them lots of money.

I am out here....

that sounds like people back then

First i listen to him and think what it comes probably is good.:/

now I understand why is the population so low...:huh:

• bla bla clueless

You do realize people said exactly the same thing about WoW, on official forums?

Lmao. It will 100% be more successful than retail is now, and they can hold on to that by running patches up to 4.* so that's at least 2-3 years of keeping players occupied.

Wake up, realize that retail Aion will not change in any positive direction. A Classic server would attract 100x more ppl than a new Aion patch.

Also I think maybe Gameforge learned their lesson with p2w, if they try that on Classic then forget about it lol, might as well never open one in the first place. It will flop.

• Agree with Doris and Kayiane also. Helping is very good behaviour. Good legions with good people can improve the game by this.

Why we feel something bad in Aion? mainly?

Transformation sysyem: people say "it is bad caus not everyone has the same form and scrolls were for everyone". Yes, but need to remember, that transformations - in original model - is also free available. Europe suffers only because of restrictions and limitation this basic model. Because of this there is a feeling like p2w model. Yes - we got this in EU.

• Why take the example of ANOTHER publisher when THERE IS an existing example of the SAME publisher ?

The "existing example" is not applicable if it is about a different server like a classic one that has nothing but nothing to do with an EAS...

In fact, EAS is another version of the game, that's why we need another account and another launcher to play on it. And guess what, a classic server is also another version of the game.

The only difference between EAS and Classic will be the version of the game, one is the upcoming, the other is the past. So it's like 99% sure that we will need another account to play on it.

Even if it wasn't an obligation, can you really think that GF will provide us some content without any way of monetizing it ? And don't try to tell me "you can buy skins", we all know that's not a real source of income, there is only 20 ppl who will buy a skin and keep it for 2 years on their gear and never buy something again

• So it's like 99% sure that we will need another account to play on it.

And what makes you an expert now?

I just meant other manufacturers have solved this differently so as not to scare off the players ...

And neither Gameforge nor NC Soft intends to do that ...

Even if it wasn't an obligation, can you really think that GF will provide us some content without any way of monetizing it ? And don't try to tell me "you can buy skins", we all know that's not a real source of income, there is only 20 ppl who will buy a skin and keep it for 2 years on their gear and never buy something again

the commitment could be an active gold package

to play on it ?

and yes, not only skins but also mounts ,entry scrolls, dye,

*pots and scrolls (speed,cast ..ect.) , pots and buff food were back then in the shop.

for those who didnt have time to craft or kinah to buy some in the ingameshop or auktionhouse from other players.*

what no one could produce such as name change and gender change tickets. ect....

this could make the difference how they earn they money without pay to win...

In the past it didn't exist anymore and it lasted for over two years under NC Soft.

And no we haven't played in a single skin for several years ..

That would be too boring at that time you could still see the character you created and not like now with the transformations ...

NC Soft only gave up because it was simply too complicated and too uneconomical, to set up an extra game support for the EU.

I see for those who have no insight it is probably too difficult to understand.

It's plain and simple if the pay to win try in the slightest, it will fail!

Edited 5 times, last by Doris: *Edit* between (*) double sentences ().

• A classic server would be populated for the first few weeks, than it gets boring again because we already played that old stuff years ago......

We are still playing old stuff in current patch (ingisson, gelkmaros , silentera, katalam, abyss core). All recycled with 0 graphic improvements (except some fancy grass that sprouted in some areas).

- it won´t bring ppl back who already have quit AION, because no one quits AION just because of a new patch or two, most ppl quit AION because they played it so long to get bored, because they want to play new other games or because they don´t like the policy of Gameforge, so these ppl have absolutely no reason to come back on a classic server

To be fair, Koreans Devs first killed aion and then gameforge finished it off with p2w and terrible management.

Players quited because of all these changes and random childlish decissions korean devs did the previous years. Population kept dropping patch after patch. P2w always existed but at least game was playable back then. In current patch how many f2p guys will tell you they've reached endgame? How many f2p guys have unlocked ulti form?

The devs stopped developing aion long time ago. The only changes that are coming are more recycled visuals and more recycled p2w crap to enchant with the blessings of shop.

Game became empty of gameplay and competiton. 150 players in a semi-afk league on an ancient map to get 100 mobs kills for hero trials is not new aion content.

Maybe a classic version of aion (3.0 - 4.6) migh feel like reheated leftover food. Not fresh but still tasty. But current aion feels like trying to eat [...] from the ground.

Edit by Zapiel: Profanity.

Legend of the Kaisinel Temple

• AION 2.7 SERVER.

there was already a topic that was closed.?(

Maybe open it again because the basic of the idea from NC/GF now has changed?:huh:

&

How about a new survey?:/

the problem most player who wanted classic server don't use or rarely the forum so there won't be a lot of votes I think.so the votes may not be representative of the majority of people.

• Classic server will make money from the shop, but even then it can only be better than the current version we have.

I just hope they will start it in 1.x and not 2.7 since 2.x is a really sh*t patch overall, especially for asmo pvp players since inggi mob/guard/map layout is disgusting.

Give us back the good old rift pvp as endgame content to start it out, a patch where AP had value and where people would fight for it.

I hate stupid people.

• Maybe open it again because the basic of the idea from NC/GF now has changed?:huh:

Just wait 2 days till official announce.

So far, none explains how classic server will benefit NCSoft.

How does Classic WoW benefit Blizzard?

If they have just gold pack, and that's 10$, there's already maybe like 5k people playing on "other servers" that might potentially come to an official classic server (if done well, have to emphasize this).

Let's say 3k come just from those (+ other sources, advertising, emailing, old players who quit) so let's say 5k for the sake of a round number.

That's 5000*10 = 50k a month. Now add in skins from cash shop and maybe exp amulets and yeah, you end up with a decent number.

For something that's so easy to make. It's not like a Classic server is hard to create, it's very easy. I'd say, it's worth it.