28.10.2020 on Korea - Classic Server Discussions

• well Galeas did say a while ago on this post he would see if he could get an update but nothing since, he could have at least said they told me I cant say anything ATM but soon we will release info, but nothing to me shows a great deal.

I can't say anything at the moment.

Didn't you said on discord you will prepare info last week?

• I can't say anything at the moment.

Was the plan yes, but seems like I can't really say more for now. We are waiting on some info before we can do that.

But when are you due that info or is that something you cant share also, or is there a timeframe you can give 3 months 6 months ?

Was the plan yes, but seems like I can't really say more for now. We are waiting on some info before we can do that.

Maybe press the issue at hand here.... Gameforge will lose a LOT of revenue if an announcement isnt made within 2 days. Or at least more information.

Maybe press the issue at hand here.... Gameforge will lose a LOT of revenue if an announcement isnt made within 2 days. Or at least more information.

Funny how Randos all over the internet give hard business plans to well-established companies :D

I, in no way, like GF but they MUST have a solid reason to withhold information of this magnitude.

I come from the industry (thank god I left it for good) and, trust me, forums are not the place were companies look for operating advice.

• Funny how Randos all over the internet give hard business plans to well-established companies :D

I, in no way, like GF but they MUST have a solid reason to withhold information of this magnitude.

I come from the industry (thank god I left it for good) and, trust me, forums are not the place were companies look for operating advice.

I would rather say that gf is very bad at communication when we are almost obliged to go to the Russian forum to get the information it is almost ironic.

and it's not the first time that gf is bad on communication.

• I belive it's both, gameforge being really bad with communication AND them not having much of reason to share any info on the topic.

Otherwise Galeas would not mention that he will try to get info knowing players very wait for it

• Funny how Randos all over the internet give hard business plans to well-established companies :D

Funny what things you can read out of his post.

But talking about randos all over the internet giving hard business plans to well-established companies. Tell me one thing pls, what is the exact difference between this here:

Gameforge will lose a LOT of revenue

and this here:

At this point Aion is more of a burden to them than profit IMHO. Could be wrong, but I think that they are killing it intentionally.

Can´t find it, help me......

• One is a speculation... A mere guess? Other one is a strong statement.. what do you even mean.. You can't just quote sentences without full context.

Let's not flood this thread with useless arguments now..shall we

• Just to humor you, nothing more.

Unthinkable sated a "fact" which he/she knows IS TRUE.

While I, on the other hand presented an opinion, which could be true or could be very wrong. It IS a speculation based on GF's behavior but in NO WAY a statement I claim to be a "fact".

Remember, this is from a pure grammatical point of view.

• but siege on average lasts 45 minutes

Siege on Odin lasts under 20 minutes and I am talking about sundays and tuesdays with 5 possible sieges........

you saying with intra server (south kata) it lasts 20 minutes?

i doubt that since south kata alone lasts at least 20 minutes. But if the timing is what your focusing on then your doing it wrong, even if that's correct I don't see how that invalidates my argument aka, siege time is not representative of aion population on the contrary.

let's say it out of 20 minutes or 45 (doesn't matter which) you have a big spike, the rest of 23h population is low, which represents the majority of time hence the actual, reality of aion EU.

Funny how Randos all over the internet give hard business plans to well-established companies :D

Sure thing, and it's funny how 2 years+ ago I was saying exactly what was going to happen with this game if they continued to follow this "business plan", and it funny that the same type of comments was made, (random know better than a company, etc) and yet I was proven correct. Being a well-established company means nothing, look at cdprojekt red, everyone can be wrong at some point, even companys :/ hmmm

Edited once, last by yoska ().

• Sure thing, and it's funny how 2 years+ ago I was saying exactly what was going to happen with this game if they continued to follow this "business plan", and it funny that the same type of comments was made, (random know better than a company, etc) and yet I was proven correct. Being a well-established company means nothing, look at cdprojekt red, everyone can be wrong at some point, even companys :/ hmmm

I mean, they are still there, and didn't turned off servers yet despite the fact that since over 2 years they:

kept poorly managing their game(s)

were milking players via RNG boxes (and events)

kept totally ignoring any players feedback

provied close to no support to the game (considering quality of the patches)

And all of that while still wasting money on CMs- which isn't very needed given they do nothing with player feedback anyway and they could easily automate posting maint info

• And don't even allow them (the CMs) to give the information people are asking for. Yikes

• Aion EU Discord is going to support the classic hype as well since there seem to be quite a lot of EU players trying it. I've been following the Kr classic since it's launch so gonna gather a lot of info on our discord tomorrow. Guides, old pvp videos, patch info etc. I'm also talking with few legions to forward EU ppl into same place by recommending a legion and a side. Some legions I know will be good and friendly with some old players that know the game from old times. If you are interested, join our discord for more info. Link to join is right here: Aion EU Discord

I can't do much today unfortunately but I try to gather as much info as I can before launch and during it. We also give future info about GF updates and retail. Info about tools you might want for aion etc. Hope to see you there even if you don't play classic! You can also pm me directly and give advices or suggestions that we should add or change.

• fair point, to a certain degree, but we have to consider the obvious decline, which seems to be heading to the obvious conclusion, aion retail demise. that was what I was saying in 6.5.

Now if I was to play devil's advocate, I could consider gameforge to be successful in term of revenue. Like I previously posted during 7.0 gameforge was doing over 100k/year with gold packs alone. So yes in this sense gameforge had sucess.

My warnings thou were always pointing out that the community and aion would suffer greatly and eventually leading to a major decrease in population and the inevitable closing due to this over agressive business model.

Having all this in mind, I can only conclude they already know if they going to put classic or not, they just binding time to milk as much as possible during 7.9p2 and 8.0. don't expect classic before 8.0, an announcement I would be surprised if they do it during 7.9 but it's not out of the table yet. The lack of communication should be very clear to anyone that this is the case.

Eventually, there is an alternative scenario, which is basically gameforge is waiting to know from NCsoft if they going to continue developing retail, and how, and depending on this they might just continue with retail and forget classic completely, if financially it's beneficial to them in the short term, and only after they milked retail to the ground they might consider classic. that's my honest, but biased opinion.

Could I be wrong about this one, sure, time will tell, but as we say in the markets, follow those who have a history of being right.

Edited once, last by yoska ().

• i doubt that since south kata alone lasts at least 20 minutes. But if the timing is what your focusing on then your doing it wrong, even if that's correct I don't see how that invalidates my argument aka, siege time is not representative of aion population on the contrary.

let's say it out of 20 minutes or 45 (doesn't matter which) you have a big spike, the rest of 23h population is low, which represents the majority of time hence the actual, reality of aion EU.

it's a logical fallacy that result in a poor conclusion

not everyone is attending siege but siege times are in the prime time of eu servers... not outside of it. therefore it could be very representative. if there is a peak in that timeframe it means the players are most active in that time period. and that's it... no need to spin this in other ways.

there is no going around this. the overwhelming majority of players in eu are from europe and the very few from outside use the same timezone. ppl are not going to log at 7am for you to make a statistic. they have rl... they have work or schools or just regular things. aion is a game... not a priority in life. it should not matter less that someone is logging in at 21:00... because that is when they have time to play. if they log in daily at that time and many more log in daily at that time... that is when you create a peak time. the rest of the 20 something hours do not matter because ppl aren't supposed to play 24/7... only a bit every day or casuals with a bit every week. the few ppl outside of these peak hours probably have night other work shifts... can't sleep or other reasons but that is not when the majority can play.

idk why you guys think the reality is outside of it and not when it matters. in the night streets are empty for a reason... most ppl sleep. when the majority go to work the streets are full. at the peak time it's the most representative how many are passing by the streets daily for work... not at 3 in the morning. ppl that use the streets aren't supposed to stay up all day to walk those streets for you to make a statistic... once a day is enough.

this is not na servers where timezones are so widespread for na population and many more around the globe are playing there... so they could fill more hours and not find it empty at night as eu or korea or others.

• But if the timing is what your focusing on then your doing it wrong, even if that's correct I don't see how that invalidates my argument aka, siege time is not representative of aion population on the contrary.

Funny, now we are already 2 who don´t see how my post invalidates your argument. Are you really that insecure about yourself that you try to find criticism on you in every post?

• well Galeas did say a while ago on this post he would see if he could get an update but nothing since, he could have at least said they told me I cant say anything ATM but soon we will release info, but nothing to me shows a great deal.

Thank you for your afford. However it is a shame that you can't even tell us if GF is at least trying to launch a classic server.