28.10.2020 on Korea - Classic Server Discussions

• To play it from EU you need a VPN and that's gonna cost you extra.

Actually, you don't "need" a VPN:

Although the Servers are targeted to serve North America, we will not be blocking access or restricting IPs from any other regions. Players are free to access the game from anywhere in the world with this knowledge.

• Where the hell did you saw a battle pass on the NA version?

https://forums.aiononline.com/topic/8383-aion-classic-faq/

Idk, there? The daeva pass.

Those are seasonal Daeva Pass you can buy if you want to, THEY ARE NOT required to play the game, It's not because they had things to the shop that you have to purchase them.

+ We don't event know the price or the content of these pass.

+ On NA/EU we generally don't have the same things KR servers have in the shop.

+ The game will be released in 1.0, on KR servers it's 1.7 so comparing the pass (price/content) is just stupid.

+ It's on NA servers so would be stupid to play there for EU players anyway.

+ Gameforge hasn't released any statement yet so we don't even know if the game is going to be Freemium or Free-To-Play ...

• To play it from EU you need a VPN and that's gonna cost you extra.

Actually, you don't "need" a VPN:

Although the Servers are targeted to serve North America, we will not be blocking access or restricting IPs from any other regions. Players are free to access the game from anywhere in the world with this knowledge.

The point of the VPN he is referring to is not to change your location for region lock but to reduce the amount of hops(among other things) from you to the game server for a more stable/better ping/latency

• Funny fact for everyone considering playing in NA: Back in the days NCWest actually banned all players from Russia and some countries around it with no chance for unban due to request from Innova- as NCW was not suppose to have Russian players (but innova). Just saying there's always an option to bring the missing sheeps back to russian/european servers

• Will Aion Classic be Available in other Regions?

SsPNUoCM_normal.jpg

beshmundir

@beshmund1r

18h

@Aion

Gameforge decided not to publish it on EU, can i buy exitlag or something like that to play on NA? Or will you block those vpn ips

ZslSpdun_normal.jpg

Aion Classic

@Aion · 18h Although the servers are targeted to provide the best experience for NA/SA players, we will not be doing any kind of IP-blocking.

• they specifically said it will be the same as in korea... ncwest used the word identical. so a monthly sub and some extra for those that pay and some else. at least in korea they have that... some kind of evolution tree for rewards and other things. if you watched streams you would recognize them. ncwest mentioned daeva's pass. it's not required to play the game but that little extra was considerer p2w from the start in korea... it gives competitive players some advantages. if you are not a competitive player then there is no point for a sub either... play 1 hour each day in na and be done... but don't think for a sec ppl won't get the extras to be ahead of you in the competitive world.

seeing that the game will be identical to korea... it means in europe will be the same if we get it. so there are technical difficulties afterall besides another business model.

• Ive been reading NA QA again and it says, that after that 1 hour you will get reduced xp, kinah, abyss etc... but i thought it was like 0, not reduced. So at this point i dont understand siel aura. I mean its like a gold pack but that you cannot sell in the broker or buy thru it. Makes not a lot of sense to me.

And the daeva pass idk, if its "useless" things ok, but if ur already paying a subscription + skin, xp scroll in shop etc, shud be more than enough with a good amount of players. No need to add any P2W thing.

• Ive been reading NA QA again and it says, that after that 1 hour you will get reduced xp, kinah, abyss etc... but i thought it was like 0, not reduced. So at this point i dont understand siel aura. I mean its like a gold pack but that you cannot sell in the broker or buy thru it. Makes not a lot of sense to me.

it's on their main page. in short... no kinah no abyss no good items and reduced xp.

ATMUczm.jpg

• Thanks for the image Click . Ok this make more sense as a subscription mode. So im only concern about that "daeva pass" or however its called. Cos i think with a sub + skins + exp/abyss scroll etc shud be more than enough to make profit. (without adding any P2W stuff)

• the only concern ppl have are the crowns and the exploit that happened in korea and ppl had a lot of ap at start. the rest... only the future can tell... but ncsoft is known as a company that do not hold a promise on what they said previously.

• seeing that the game will be identical to korea... it means in europe will be the same if we get it.

So if you prefer an english language package, you have to play AION classic NA, because -if europe gets classic at all- europe will only get korean language package for classic like on actual version? :D

• the only concern ppl have are the crowns and the exploit that happened in korea and ppl had a lot of ap at start. the rest... only the future can tell... but ncsoft is known as a company that do not hold a promise on what they said previously.

What was that exploit about? i mean the crowns one

• seeing that the game will be identical to korea... it means in europe will be the same if we get it.

So if you prefer an english language package, you have to play AION classic NA, because -if europe gets classic at all- europe will only get korean language package for classic like on actual version? :D

hey now... we are slowly getting there. no more dubbed videos in the game for some time and sounds started to be in korean... because ppl like it (nope).

at this point all that is left is to use google translate for the ingame text and get classic in 2 weeks. easy.

the only concern ppl have are the crowns and the exploit that happened in korea and ppl had a lot of ap at start. the rest... only the future can tell... but ncsoft is known as a company that do not hold a promise on what they said previously.

What was that exploit about? i mean the crowns one

ppl could buy it more than once a month as it was supposed... some bought hundreds at the start and they have crowns in there.

there was no exploit but ncsoft is a money hungry company and ppl got mad and they stopped doing that

Edited once, last by Click ().

Call me mad but... NCsoft handed aion to GF with game translated both text and voices till 2.7 (EN, FR, GER). So Gameforge should already have the cinematics and all with english voice pack, maybe for quest and other things they need to touch it a bit.

PD: I hope they get mad and traslate at least text to spanish again too, they atracted so many players with those stuff. (again they should already have spanish text and voices since they already translated it for the game way before)

E3hd4RdWYAAOZBb?format=jpg&name=small

They posted this on their twitter 1 hour ago, can be something related to Classic?

• Most likely related to 8.0 I dont know about a volcano that looks like that in classic.

• No, thats for 7.9 Part 2.

It´s the timefold Area of kaldor

• No, thats for 7.9 Part 2.

It´s the timefold Area of kaldor

I can just imagine the situation in the gf offices

employee 1: shit aion NA announced a classic for June 23 we will lose too many players

employee 2: how we will fix that for don't loose player?

employee 3: I HAVE IDEA! We can announce we will get second part of aion 7.9 on twitter and people will stay on aion Europe

employee 1-2: GOOD IDEA WE DO THAT !

• I like your thoughts ;)

But hey, to be honest, thats fake news, you know that?