28.10.2020 on Korea - Classic Server Discussions

• 3. Databases from aion and aion classic must match if im not wrong, so you can connect and play aion normal or classic with the same account.

And that's exactly what I think are their "technical difficulties".

GF cannot "just" do this as it is intended (as implemented in Korea).
    And that's exactly why the "negotiations" with NC Soft are currently failing.

Its probably the hardest part, and looking that GF havent got the database of the forum/support linked to the game (you need to create another account etcetc, you dont log in with ur game account) its probably that. Because they need to make a new database for aion classic, but connect just the accounts and logins of those 2 databases.

• I really doubt anyone will go NA, to play with 150-250 ping and paying a subscription. Maybe just to check the game... but i would really doubt that.

Highly disagree. There's at least 40- 50 people I know of, just from today of EU players going to NA now. Best 50USD spent in my life.

As for when Aion Classic comes to EU? GF better announce soon please.

The ping with exitlag won't be dreadful - most classes will be fine on 90-100 ping ...sure it's not amazing but better than no classic at all - looking at you Gameforge.

Waiting for Aion Classic.....

• Goodluck doing sieges at 3 am to get medals, having ping issues and on top of that paying for it xD

I mean i understand you, i wanna play aion classic same as you, but i will wait for EU release, cos im not gonna play sieges at that time and with a shitty ping, maybe in ur case is 100, probably for me its 150 xD

• I really doubt anyone will go NA, to play with 150-250 ping and paying a subscription. Maybe just to check the game... but i would really doubt that.

I have tested on the NA retail server and I have 130 ping, and it is completely playable in my opinion if you don't use classes like assassin, glad, etc.

It's a handicap I know, but I've always played chanter, advantage .

I will play it, even with that handicap, too many good moments will give me the game to say "I won't play because of the ping".

• Tbh i would wait 1-2 weeks for GF to say something instead of spending 50 dolars to play on NA with so many handicaps... cos maybe they are implementing it in July here or idk and its a waste of money and time.

• I would be curious if after the release of aion classic on NA if the server in Europe will lose (lot of) players or not but we'll have to wait until June 23 to see the difference before and after

• I don't need luck for NA siege times. I'm already on that schedule where I stay up till 4/5 am and sleep during the day. Guess I'm lucky in that regard.

As for the Ping? As someone else stated it should be around 90-100 wich is totally playable.

As for waiting for EU release....What if Aion never releases for EU? I would kick myself for not at the very least taking the chance at playing classic in NA

• I don't need luck for NA siege times. I'm already on that schedule where I stay up till 4/5 am and sleep during the day. Guess I'm lucky in that regard.

As for the Ping? As someone else stated it should be around 90-100 wich is totally playable.

As for waiting for EU release....What if Aion never releases for EU? I would kick myself for not at the very least taking the chance at playing classic in NA

I would suggest you to wait 1-2 weeks, you can still get the founder pack in 1 week or so i belive.

I mean i dont think ur gonna have 90-100 ping, maybe like some1 suggested up there 130 ping, and with lag spikes, cos aion servers are NOT stable at all, not like lol or smite where u have a constant ping. maybe ur ping is 130 and with spikes to 170-200 up and down, same like in EU. (thats mainly why ppl use battleping etc even in EU being from EU)

• MMh they open character creation on the 16th + Name reserve tho ...Obviously each to their own but I want to milk as much out of this as I can for myself because liek I said...Aion might never come to EU. waiting a week most likely won't give any info, at least as far as I have seen lurking on these forums for the past 6-8 years

• Btw did some1 remembered when aion was from NC in europe and u had constatly a GM in game that you could talk through an interface sending ticket.

Im also concern about if they will ban botters even if we pay sub xD

• PD: Your belifs that gameforge are not working on classic aion until they told you on forum seeing how everything is developing its just nonsense, same for the we are getting it 6-7 months after na...

i find nonsense the other way around... that ppl believe a company is working for something they don't know if they will have it or not. if the answer will be no... why would they work for creating a classic all this time? to waste their money and resources for nothing?

if the answer is yes they have 2 options. one is to get the translated sound files and everything else from na as they did in the past. you probably noticed for some years the subtitles for the ingame videos were others than what was said in the videos... that because they bought them from na. after some time we got only korean files and sounds because they are probably broke and want to cut costs with this game. the other option is to start doing it themselves after confirmed that we get it. but we are still at the point of deciding if we get it or not... and the only logic conclusion based on that statement from gf is that they didn't get started working on it because they don't know if we will have a classic or not... yet.

na has the greenlight from the start because it's a subsidiary of ncsoft. they don't care if a game is successful or not. two of the games they launched and i tried to play have been closed by them... last one was mxm and that lasted briefly. they do no research in na... they throw money hoping ppl will come in droves... with no marketing and no survey or testing the waters. but in eu it's gf's money at stake. russia said they will have it so they will work on it but not us. gf had all their resources focused on that new game solo... they didn't care about aion this year. you see our current aion has been a joke this year with the support and they stopped giving promises and they stopped doing proper events or giving answers.

if you want classic go for whatever is out there right now and a sure thing... not for empty promises you make in your head that we will have it.

• PD: Your belifs that gameforge are not working on classic aion until they told you on forum seeing how everything is developing its just nonsense, same for the we are getting it 6-7 months after na...

Well ill answer you in general. 1) GF has the right in Europe of Aion, Aion classic is getting to all regions (including Russia that is provided by Innova another company as GF), that could make you assume we will get it, no?

2) As someone stated before, gf is discussing with ncsoft cos they have problems implementing it, if they didnt had a greenlight and they were working on nothing what kind of problems are they gonna have? they would just say no, we arent doing it. But they are just gaining time saying that we dont know... we have problems... we will tell you more... (7 months and they are still in conversations and solving tecnical stuff for somthing they are not gonna make, what a waste of time and money for GF no? XD)

3) You think that NC and GF wanna lose money by not implementing Aion Classic in EU? knowing how this companies works? srly.. (probably EU historically and even now its the 2nd region most populated in Aion if not the 1st, China..)

Im not gonna keeep giving more statements, but its all really clear, probably Galeas is playing with us not giving any clear answer just for ppl to not leave the game until classic is up and they keep having revenues. Imagine... the game already is kinda dead, if they announced classic 6 months before it means: 6 months that aion has no players, earns no money and galeas lose his job XD

• And btw sorry for the double post; but i will cut my hand if Aion Classic dont come to EU, cos its gonna happen and 99% by Gameforge, idk when but its gonna happen.

And even that small 1%, people forget there is a NCSoft Europe in Brighton that works on translations, community managers and servers (same as GF does) for europe games of NC, like GW1, GW2 and others... so they will.

PD: NC West and NC Europe are not really subsidiary companies of NC Korea, are basically the same company but centralized for that region. Arenanet (GW1,GW2) thats one of their subsidiaries companies.

• i assume nothing for now. while they gave us only one answer... they try to disprove the other rumors. if they stated we are not sure we will have it or not... it's a big deal... at least for me.

technical problems come first when you start moving your software. you don't start working on it (translating) if it's not working fisrt. discussion is one thing... working on it and implementing it is another thing. it's just unheard that you start working on something before discussions and negotiations. but galeas is being cryptic and all it was said to us is that we are not sure yet if we get it... having us believe they are still in discussions stages so therefore at the beginning and not in the middle of the operation and it's something already undergoing. there are discussions... meaning there are plans to have it... but then saying we are not sure we will have it or not it's a big statement... don't you think?

idk about losing money... so far they only cut costs for current aion that is visibly losing players every month i log in. it's clear that is going downwards... and they started doing only promo events from this year. and they are less and less on this forum answering questions... they moved to solo. gf managers have a different idea how to run aion in europe and so far they have been living in a parallel universe than the rest of us when it comes to taking decisions. so any wild guess is a good guess from money point of view.

unless gf stops being cryptic with the statements... we have only one for now. not sure if we get it or not. i think it's worrisome statement and not a comforting one... don't you think?

• And btw sorry for the double post; but i will cut my hand if Aion Classic dont come to EU, cos its gonna happen and 99% by Gameforge, idk when but its gonna happen.

And even that small 1%, people forget there is a NCSoft Europe in Brighton that works on translations, community managers and servers (same as GF does) for europe games of NC, like GW1, GW2 and others... so they will.

PD: NC West and NC Europe are not really subsidiary companies of NC Korea, are basically the same company but centralized for that region. Arenanet (GW1,GW2) thats one of their subsidiaries companies.

you are 10 years late with the news. they closed the dev team in europe long time ago. they have around 4 employees or so in europe and a small office. there was a photo posted by someone somewhere. the only game still published by ncsoft in europe is gw... others don't exist anymore for a long time.

• It's pretty much what I was afraid of. 15$ + battle pass so around 30$ a month for a p2w game. To play it from EU you need a VPN and that's gonna cost you extra. Not really tempting with 150-200ms when you can buy new world or SOLO for less than 2 months of game expenses and enjoy a new game you've never played. The price tag isn't competitive since it's gonna be pay-to-win anyways.

• It's pretty much what I was afraid of. 15$ + battle pass so around 30$ a month for a p2w game. To play it from EU you need a VPN and that's gonna cost you extra. Not really tempting with 150-200ms when you can buy new world or SOLO for less than 2 months of game expenses and enjoy a new game you've never played. The price tag isn't competitive since it's gonna be pay-to-win anyways.

Where the hell did you saw a battle pass on the NA version?

The game is freemium

You can play for free and 1hour per day you have the Siel's aura buff. After that no buff but you can still play for free with heavy restrictions.

If you buy the subscription for 15$ per month you get the Siel's Aura buff and you can play the game anytime you want with the buff.

That's it.