28.10.2020 on Korea - Classic Server Discussions

• still am amazed that some of u think gameforge wont monetize classic :) they will find ways :)

I think there will be only Gold Pack system instead of subscription - if speaking about it and nothing more. Both of them R a subscription ways. Both of then Aion had in his history. NCWest time had a subscription, Gameforge time had and has Gold Pack system. In this case, there wouldnt like be like that, because we R EU.

My own pool, what will be:

Subscription Vs Gold Pack

30 Vs 70

But official statement will be provided by Gf, like Innova did or will do to RU community.

• Who exactly do you reffer to saying they they think gf won't monetize classic?

I mostly see ppl saying that p2w on its own is fine as long it won't be to limiting for f2p players like it is right now on the retail

• The big issue in retail deals with the numerous layers of RNG involved.

Not only for optimization but also for basic gameplay (stigma +15, daevanion +15, legendary/ult form, S minion)

Since classic only have few mechanics (get your gear parts, enchant them, manasocket them and that's it), I guess people balanced that a P2W classic is more enjoyable than current F2P multi-RNG retail.

• Original Aion, since 6.2 to present was not such bad. The big nerf of this Aion was by removig potions for free and removing from open world mobs probability to obtain white and green transformations. That is why was idiotic thinking and putted transformation system to the shop. Basic content putted there. Transformations includes "scroll attributes" which were free to play in old Aion before 6.2. Now we suffer big annoying times, that it is not obtainable by everyone because of RNG, breaking gameplay and ruin all of this fun from playing the game. Aion since 6.2 to present could be very good, if Gameforge wanted to think about new content with better mode. They removed many things from free to play way - too many things, and then i dont know - maybe they understood they did bad, but right now it is very difficult turn this process over and bring all players back this super gameplay from old Aion. I think unable, because of all this frustration and RNG. Too much bad things happened since 6.2 to present, to could bring more fresh air back to present Aion.

Now we received 10% potions in magical crafting. This is nice for players. Still remaining second potion with reuse time 5 minutes. Create this pot to magical crafting - also weakened like this basic pot (20% to 10%) and U will do very nice for all players, like before was. By saying weakened - i dont mean by "annoying". I mean very nice, because heals much better than GSS potion. And U will provide something like balance and choice for all players. This giving choice was always in Aion and it was very good and fair play for all players.

Good happened with events in this year. I am really, really with good mode writting about it, because it was happening or maybe will still be - but first time since 6.2. Very very different time than before, and something for everyone. I hope many players got their chance for Ulti. I dont wanna say about someone's failed or success fusion, because not matter. The matter is to have an attempt for it. Also believe, that many from spawned fusions were succesfull.

We have Aion still here, ad still can be super. Maybe i not play too long, but this game is really, really extra. I dont wanna suffer the end, because many people will lose their hobby. Of course there R many other games, but why to go to the others, where we already have our Aion lol ... 2008 or 9 ... and we have 2021 ... wonderful. Make x2 or x3 that time !!!

Edited 4 times, last by robi1102 ().

• Classic is something wanted and expected by so so so much people really. Because most of them don't want retail. (Who wants massive RNG, 0 open world, boring pvp, 200 items for sleep/fear/stun resis etc etc, it literally kills pvp, and thats why aion has dropped down so hard in population, gear > skill, gear + rng > gear. Retail is free? Is free to play yes, you can log in and enjoy the content, can you gear up for free? No, you need a ridicoulus amount of time to be able to get geared. So im pretty sure that even if classic is P2P, it is ×100 times more worthful to play, because the content is real, not RNG, and so unbalanced items and stuffs. And 1 thing is a fact, classic its a success in korea, january 2021, there was 5 servers, 4 of them closed bcs reached the limit, around 50k players playing, an mmo from 13 years ago. Only few players remain in retail compared to all the amount of people that would play classic. If you count all the players from private servers, just those ones exceed all the retail players. Now count players that dont play private servers, players that dont even know yet that classic is coming. Sywo made a video of first impressions about korea classic, the video has more than 30k views, i recommend everyone to watch it... (i have been hyped by classic for months and i didnt know that video, so imagine how many people still dont know about classic). Aion is a game where barely come new people, since 4,8 dropped down patch by patch, so its a game that its played by old players, and dont doubt about this...old players prefer old patchs ;)

• We have Aion still here, ad still can be super. Maybe i not play too long, but this game is really, really extra. I dont wanna suffer the end, because many people will lose their hobby. Of course there R many other games, but why to go to the others, where we already have our Aion lol ... 2008 or 9 ... and we have 2021 ... wonderful. Make x2 or x3 that time !!!

Unfortunately, the train left years ago.
    When they took everything (which in my opinion was good in Aion) from us.
    Such as gathering the real one, crafting the former and above all, trading among the players, including the AFK shop as well as the OpenWorld Dropps

I mean people spent years trying to maintain its skills and patterns and then it just got superseded? To magical crafting without compensation for them who lost they're beloved crafting?:cookie:
    But even that was nerfed to death.:pushharder:
    No, the train is gone, but let's jump on the next one who is going in the direction we want, if this shouldn't go the way where we want to travel, we can jump off much faster.
    :beer:

Classic is something wanted and expected by so so so much people really. Because most of them don't want retail.

Aion is a game where barely come new people, since 4,8 dropped down patch by patch, so its a game that its played by old players, and dont doubt about this...old players prefer old patchs ;)

I've shortened it a bit but I totally agree with you.:good:

I am one of the "old" players in Aion from the very beginning
    and yes from 4.8 it was only downhill (felt even before).:dash:
    Why is GF not doing a survey here, best even INGAME?:blink:
    Because they know the answer!
    :biggrin:

• Come on GameForge, hurry up with CLASSIC please, my internal masochist is craving some Fenris Fails, it's been 12 years...

I need my DOSE of rage and pain

?(

• is a question. i don´t understand russian

If I'm not mistaken they said when they will have the classic server in Russia.

So for russia 232 days.

• 232 days??? WHAT THE HELL

Is this a April 1st troll or?

This cant be real....xD

I was actually hoping for Classic this year, this summer even.. ;(;(;(;(<X

• probably more to do with korea and not the rest? idk. if korea decided to support and make files for the rest of us it will take at least half a year for publishers to make it fully functional and test it and make sure it has no problems on start. we had one year delay on regular smaller patches on main game... i can't imagine for a new game (it's not really the same old) with new servers and new problems.

• anyone remembers what delay we had when aion came out between korea and eu? probably it will be something like that

• anyone remembers what delay we had when aion came out between korea and eu? probably it will be something like that

November 18, 2008 for korea and for eu it's September 25, 2009 so 10 months approximately

• ok so then it will come out on Aion release Anniversary, I think KR did it like this, so it makes sense it comes out on west same :3

QQ

see you in September