Flour of choice

• :)Hello Yes stupid topic, but it is extremely important to me. So here is help please will determine with choice class, and choose I between bard and assassin. Just want to say that I'm a newbie(in the game), from a class looking forward to have more emphasis in pvp,but just want to be extremely popular in pve.:cookieshugo:(I write to you through a translator:|)

P.s. Was thinking more about the painter, but they are very much.:invalid:

Edited 2 times, last by ninjatic ().

• If you want to be popular in pve then your only class choice is painter.

Bards are extinct by now, they require skill to play and their damage output is very low.

Aethertech has been nerfed and is only sought after as a potential TANK in instances.

Assassin is just a weaker painter that can hide and use more stuns.

• If you want to be popular in pve then your only class choice is painter.

Bards are extinct by now, they require skill to play and their damage output is very low.

Aethertech has been nerfed and is only sought after as a potential TANK in instances.

Assassin is just a weaker painter that can hide and use more stuns.

Yes, it may seem obvious that it's better for a beginner to take an painter (good in pve and pvp), but there are so many.

And if not bard, then can cleric?(as he in pvp of a?)

• I wouldn't recommend a cleric for a newbie. It requires much more gear than your average dps character which will already take a considerable amount of time to gear up.

Is my fate to be a painter?(afraid of not being in demand because of the large number?()

• It's not stupid considering playing what he likes may or may not make his life miserable in the game.

Painter nerf next patch is not quite accurate.

From a single player point of view painter dmg will be slightly nerfed because the laser tick rate will be changed.

From an important point of view (siege dps, world boss dps, alliance dps with multiple painters, any form of scenario where multiple painters are present) painter is greatly buffed, with it's damaging skills getting an increase in damage, some of them doing almost double damage AND getting reduced cooldown.

• You can already see the damage of painters when more painters are present and canceling each other's bands. Sorcerers and assassins start to shine.

The thing with painter being nerfed for bands and buffed elsewhere, it happens to all the classes in the future.

And another thing is that painters shine with less gear while other classes shine more at the end game, when they have everything. For example, everyone is saying gladiator is weak but when you meet one maxed out, and then using his daevanion buff, is deleting everyone in 2 seconds. I mean, look at this one, it will delete you in 2 seconds. A gunner, a class this is almost extinct on EU, can do the same. It's more about p2w than the class itself. Painter's versatility and damage will depend more on stigmas in the future, but as we all know, stigmas are hidden behind p2w.

Both assassins and bard are good in pvp but assassins are harder to play, not only because they are melee with lowest range but because it has a lot of short time buffs that need to be timed correctly in pvp. A very good geared assassin is a very good class but is mostly a solo one. Until getting geared you will feel useless, as everything including sieges is about nuking everything from orbit and you're a melee with limited range capability. Bard is useful for groups and it's also strong in pvp if you're geared but less strong than assassins. At the moment, before nerfs, painter is above both.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

• That img is kinda weird lol. In this patch, even with full starlight set and full red manastones you could maybe get 19-19,5k p attack... From where does this guy get 1,5-2k more attack? Runes? Odians? Whatever its called.

• hmm ok, what can you say about classes like cleric and chanter?(as they in pvp of a(solo)/pve)

Sorry that rushing from class to class just want to know all the nuances before choosing.

• Like the guy above said, collections add a lot of attack. Other than this, I know their premium, something like our GP veteran, is giving them stats: HP 1900, P.Atk/M.Atk 115, HB 45, P.Def/M.Def 76, P.Acc/M.Acc 220, Item drop rate 10%. Then their S rank minions add more than ours, and one buff I haven't figured out gives another 80-100. I don't know if all added together is all there is but I do know he can delete someone in 2 seconds when he is using that improved version of vow of charge. This class is scary when geared. We lack a lot of stuff and progress in this game, to know the true capabilities of most classes, so this is why painters shine more for now.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

• hmm ok, what can you say about classes like cleric and chanter?(as they in pvp of a(solo)/pve)

Sorry that rushing from class to class just want to know all the nuances before choosing.

Both Cleric & Chanters are primarily support classes.

They both can heal themselves solo with the Clerics being the main group healers.

Chanters are not great dps dealers, will be often beaten in solo PVP but can be enjoyable playing solo.

Aion more than ever has become a Legion/Group driven game; without question Clerics are the most popular class as a good one can be the difference between winning or losing.