AION Community (Players) Event - Surprise Announcement on Twitch!

• Dear AION Community,

on Saturday right after Siege, a few friends and fellow players including me are hosting a little "show" for AION Players in EUROPE. There's also a little announcement from our side and the event will be fun. Maybe we'll also do some little giveaways! If you don't want to miss out on the action then make sure to come on Saturday right after Siege!

NOnk2DY.png

It will be live on this channel!

Make sure to follow me if you want to get notified with an E-Mail or through Twitch!

Kind regards,

Vash and some secret friends.

:slove:

• Whilst it's finally nice to know who are blatant cheating, the way this was announced and the players basically just thrown up on screen to multiple people amounts to harassment. It is basically stating that these people are breaching gameforge's Terms of Service, which is for GF to decide.... if you look at some of the people on that list which have 1 or 2 reports, and look at their skills, it's only 1 or 2 skills which is triggering the report.

Whilst this might not breach GDPR rules, Harassment of players and giving players a bad reputation which results in their game play negatively affected is against the TOS. So hope there is someone managing this to remove falsely accused people.

But am also hoping GF does something about the blatant cheaters, especially when it's for HP, like strip their rank to 0

• Whilst it's finally nice to know who are blatant cheating, the way this was announced and the players basically just thrown up on screen to multiple people amounts to harassment. It is basically stating that these people are breaching gameforge's Terms of Service, which is for GF to decide.... if you look at some of the people on that list which have 1 or 2 reports, and look at their skills, it's only 1 or 2 skills which is triggering the report.

Whilst this might not breach GDPR rules, Harassment of players and giving players a bad reputation which results in their game play negatively affected is against the TOS. So hope there is someone managing this to remove falsely accused people.

But am also hoping GF does something about the blatant cheaters, especially when it's for HP, like strip their rank to 0

Well, what can we do. Someone's gotta do the move. I just decided to side with Livo and promote his program. I will however not run around and point fingers. That's for the ranking website to decide. :)

• As you know, unless an official statement is made one day, we will never use such tools as proof of anything for now. Also, please don't use this tool to name and shame on the forum or we will have to take actions against such behavior.

Gameforge is , at least for now, not supporting this tool or its use in any way. You are using it at your own "risks".

if that would change, we would keep you informed :)

• Gameforge is , at least for now, not supporting this tool or its use in any way. You are using it at your own "risks".

Ban all who use myAion DPS Meter!

Leave the cheaters.

• Gameforge is , at least for now, not supporting this tool or its use in any way. You are using it at your own "risks".

Ban all who use myAion DPS Meter!

Leave the cheaters.

There is no such plan and that's not what I said. Please don't twist my words to create some kind of a conflict that doesn't exist.

• As you know, unless an official statement is made one day, we will never use such tools as proof of anything for now. Also, please don't use this tool to name and shame on the forum or we will have to take actions against such behavior.

Gameforge is , at least for now, not supporting this tool or its use in any way. You are using it at your own "risks".

if that would change, we would keep you informed :)

Wait what?!

Are you for real?

People waited whole weekend for your reply...

Not to mention people / team which works on that tool...

And now GF show us middle finger...

I am really disappointed...it's like green light for all cheaters....

#MakeAionGreatAgain

AION-Guide-Book-Main-Classic.jpg

• Galeas You used the words "at least for now".

I recall times around 4.x / 5.x where aIDPS was considered evidence enough to report someone with it as proof.

Afaik Livo is offering the source code to the tool itself. Can we expect at least some examination of the tool by someone technical versed GF-staff member like f.e. Lercer ?

A reply to the question above would be plenty for me tbh.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

• What reply were people waiting for and for what question (we are not aware of any agreement on that topic)? I don't get it sorry. There was never any official communication from us regarding that tool nor any claim that we would make one.

It's seems like there is a big misunderstanding. We never made any promise about that tool like we never did with any tool of the sort. So far same apply as for any tool; tolerated but not promoted or supported or used by Gameforge. Doesn't mean it will never be the case in the future. I'm describing the situation as it is now.

I don't see where any middle finger is involved here. Nothing new regarding all of this. It has been like this for years.

Again, I never said we will ban people using that tool. For now we are not using it as a proof, that is for sure, but then again nothing new here.

And of course, as always we will have a look at the tool and if it would be possible to make it officially supported at any point we will inform you. From experience and given the way it's working I doubt it will but that's just my impression at the moment :)

• Yes aidps was for some months (a year maybe?) indeed :)

Yes of course it will be examined and if any collaboration would be possible we would announce it :) But for many different reasons it might not be possible. If such a things can happen believe me I'll spread the info^^

• From experience and given the way it's working I doubt it will

Are you saying in your opinion (not as GF) it's not reliable enough to be worth taking as a proof ? Too many false positives or uncertainty ?

(I'm not trying to bait you into making it look like you hate the tool, I'm genuinely trying to get your impression on it. I also don't think it's reliable enough to be taken as a guaranteed proof, maybe as possible evidence to help investigate said cheater but that's all)

• I'm 100% confident that everyone we're talking to on here (including, and particularly Galeas) would love a full implementation of something that makes cheaters go away.

There's no point in stirring conflict towards them because due to "reasons", cheating is not punished in a way that is befitting the community's view on the severeity of the misdemeanor. It hasn't been years ago, when a certain Governor Assassin was blatantly cheating, and it isn't now. These reasons are completely out of Galeas' hands.

• Correct me if im wrong.

You dont have any tool to check for "cheaters" yourself (at Gf or Ncsoft). Then lifelong player made a program with his free time, to help you and the community out to spot "those snowflakes". We all know for years that some of those players on the list are using some tools, yet they still can login everyday.

So for NOW if a player decide to be a speedy gonzales it is a free ride for him? Since no consequences? FOR NOW ?

• Correct me if im wrong.

You dont have any tool to check for "cheaters" yourself (at Gf or Ncsoft). Then lifelong player made a program with his free time, to help you and the community out to spot "those snowflakes". We all know for years that some of those players on the list are using some tools, yet they still can login everyday.

So for NOW if a player decide to be a speedy gonzales it is a free ride for him? Since no consequences? FOR NOW ?

I'm pretty sure they have tools and ways.

This is not about whether those tools work. This is about whether the decision that comes out of the usage of said tool is something we'd consider correct.

So yes, currently there's little stopping people from being speedy gonzales. Never has been, GF is, for whatever reason, toothless. This isn't Galeas' fault though.

• First of all I don't blame you Galeas but I think before you add your "Post/Reply" you contact with your superiors right? So we can call it is official state am I right?

It's to late now but I think you should write it in some other way to avoid all that rage and hate for example:

"Now I can't tell you anything more guys, but we look at that tool and we see what we can do with it. We let you know."

What I remember you mention one time that the

Game Forge will try to "support" that project.

Correct me if I'm wrong please.

You know tbh it's not important now. Because GF don't even try to do something. That answer not satisfy us fair players. We just demand changes after what we saw on Vash Stream.

Next thing:

What I remember in 4.5 that kind of tools was enough to ban cheaters am I wrong? If I'm wrong correct me again please.

Last thing:

Please don't tell us about "communication" because I just don't belive you don't know about it. If someone from "Team" was there he should let you know about it.

It so happened that Lercer was there

https://forum.aion.gameforge.com/user/618-lercer/

At this point, I don't even want to look around here anymore after what I saw. Forgive me.

AION-Guide-Book-Main-Classic.jpg

• I will only add one thing to the table and I hope it can be somewhat taken seriously.

The MAJORITY on the list was being suspected for using programs since ages. Some even tried to report these hackers to support and they remained untouched and kept casually hacking at sieges since ages up until now. How is it possible that I go to siege and have over 10 Animation Hackers that play this game for long and are higher in the ranks? How can these people just casually hack? I just keep asking myself this question and yet a long time player appears out of nowhere and creates a tool and has much more promising results than ever. All the suspected people were included, this is grand. I know that Galeas himself is only our CM and he can not talk about technical matters or legal matters with these accounts. However, seeing myself sieging with 10+ hackers doesn't sound fun to me anymore if you consider the fact that they do it for months. I really hope, even if there is no official statement about it that the Support Team and GMs that examine hackers get online during sieges and use their "tools" this way they can start banning hackers without even reports but evidence collected by themselves.

It is MIND BOGGLING HOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW people get 7 and 14 days ban for harassing and foul language but let people breach the client TOS and Agreement for months and remain untouched. I was shocked on the day where I streamed when I saw how many alone hacked on my server and are well known to not have been affected at all.

Maybe I should hack myself and never get banned? (just an Idea)

My few cents to this topic. /SadDayInAion

• Harash truth. This is what is going on and all players know it. Didn't see banned hacker in AGES. Are your NC tools or what even working? Why is it even so easy to hack in this game .-. Got recently to this topic and looked up myself on one site... How many things there are... and so easy.. its just so sad. This kills the game. Personally hoping to see improvement even if it will be without supporting Livo's tool for whatever reason

Edited once, last by Catto ().

• Are you saying in your opinion (not as GF) it's not reliable enough to be worth taking as a proof ? Too many false positives or uncertainty ?

(I'm not trying to bait you into making it look like you hate the tool, I'm genuinely trying to get your impression on it. I also don't think it's reliable enough to be taken as a guaranteed proof, maybe as possible evidence to help investigate said cheater but that's all)

No, I'm saying it's usually not easy to get a tool approved 100% from the technical side. And yes, false positives can be one factor, or easy falsification of reports. I remember some people photoshopping aidps reports for instance by changing names.

That's exactly what I wrote so I'm not sure what you are angry about exactly. I always said we will look into it as we do for pretty much everything. Unless we make a statement there is nothing new on the topic. And No statement was made regarding this topic.

One of those tools was approved once for a short period yes.

I know about communication since I'm organize it, once again I have no idea what you are referring to here.

The MAJORITY on the list was being suspected for using programs since ages. Some even tried to report these hackers to support and they remained untouched and kept casually hacking at sieges since ages up until now. How is it possible that I go to siege and have over 10 Animation Hackers that play this game for long and are higher in the ranks? How can these people just casually hack? I just keep asking myself this question and yet a long time player appears out of nowhere and creates a tool and has much more promising results than ever. All the suspected people were included, this is grand. I know that Galeas himself is only our CM and he can not talk about technical matters or legal matters with these accounts. However, seeing myself sieging with 10+ hackers doesn't sound fun to me anymore if you consider the fact that they do it for months. I really hope, even if there is no official statement about it that the Support Team and GMs that examine hackers get online during sieges and use their "tools" this way they can start banning hackers without even reports but evidence collected by themselves.

We all want to ban and get rid of cheaters that's not even something that we need to debate. Our intentions have always been really clear here. The fact that we often can't approve our official support tools developed by players is a different topic and can be due to many reasons (legals, technical etc).

believe me guys I would love to have a reliable tool that we can all rely on but it's not as easy as it seems. ANd as I said we will see if anything can be done with this one and I will let you know if that is the case.