7.0 initial live impressions

• 7.0 is here folks live!

So we have a great new Painter class; In less than a day already seeing lvl80 painters in lakrum, amazing how they do it soo fast?!

Well it seems they are adding a lot of colour to otherwise dull boring places & dungeons so long live the Painter.

My greatest thanks to Gameforge/ NCSoft for a great successful patch and implementation (despite a few inevitable bugs) especially as the script users/bots have all but disappeared in Lakrum. I don't know if its because 7.0 has disabled them for now or if they are farming elsewhere but what a great time it is for normal players who like to farm without bots stealing their mobs.

Not sure what to do with all the hundreds of weekly quest Genesis Crystals as the newb lvl 80 armour and upgrade enchant stone npc exchange has gone, do we all need to craft now?

Anyway hope you are all also enjoying 7.0 and wish you all the luck you need.

~ Say what you like to me but don't insult my Shugo ~

• Thanks Drakaras :)

How are you guys liking the new Dumah map; adds more things to do?

~ Say what you like to me but don't insult my Shugo ~

• I had a really good time yesterday trying out new dungeons. I did makarna/prometuns and tried stella easy mode with friends not knowing new mechanics and it was exciting to learn and adapt on the spot. New Dumaha map is actually huge and I found it beautiful, though the neutral base in the middle is like a maze at first

Player base - we want less RNG and more rewarding gameplay

Developers - we value your feedback and want to provide you with sense of pride and accomplishment by bringing .... RNG

• Galeas it's nice that Hovering motion set was added to shugo bot. However it's 30-day rather than permanent, which makes me have the exact same complaint as months ago when we had Monkey King motion set....

Again, you only have access to this (atreia pass, shugo gold etc) if you have a gold pack which is never free. Even if you bought it from broker, someone else bought it from the shop.

Also, i know asking for a random legendary transformation contract in the shugo bot is too much but we should've gotten a selectable ancient transformation contract in the shugo bot with the 7.0 patch. At least let new players save up for something that will give them basic gameplay. Some people (not my case) are still running around with the incorrect ancient form or no ancient form at all when you could easily fix this problem.

• Thx for the feedback so far don't hesitate to keep on with it. NCSOFT asked us what are your impressions so far :)

I'm enjoying myself, feels like an mmo again with a big map. Almost nothing I have noticed so far is walled of with invisible walls (this is good). Lots of open world activities, rewarding time spend in-game. Not 1 shotting mobs feels a lot better. Useless manastones finally have a function. Gathering is back to an extend. Good so far. Be sure to remove the transformation contract system and bring back run/courage scrolls with these being added as crafts and it could be great. Gear difference should be lowered though.

• 7.0 is too much of a job for me. Multiple times Altars, multiple times Worldbosses, Raids and then somebody got the awesome idea to implement five Dred-IDs per day. You're pretty screwed if you aren't member of a mass-legion for Altars/Worldbosses and if you don't already have a Dred-static.

Painter is kinda fun, yeah... But totally OP in small scale - and in large scale absolutely useless since these laz0rs don't stack.

• especially as the script users/bots have all but disappeared in Lakrum. I don't know if its because 7.0 has disabled them for now or if they are farming elsewhere but what a great time it is for normal players who like to farm without bots stealing their mobs.

It's same with every new patch that comes: scripts and third party programs need to be updated for the new versions (differ from EU/NA/KOR/RUS).

Thats why you dont see bots around on first days, samething as you wont notice on first day people cheating either.

So when they update the third party programs etc. again for 7.0, we will see bots and cheaters again. It's same after every patch.

• 7.0 is too much of a job for me. Multiple times Altars, multiple times Worldbosses, Raids and then somebody got the awesome idea to implement five Dred-IDs per day. You're pretty screwed if you aren't member of a mass-legion for Altars/Worldbosses and if you don't already have a Dred-static.

Painter is kinda fun, yeah... But totally OP in small scale - and in large scale absolutely useless since these laz0rs don't stack.

I don't think you're supposed to do everything. Regardless, extra pvp instance entries are welcome since we asked for it and we need it in this patch. Yeah it sucks that world bosses/altars are almost exclusively for big legions but perhaps GF will have the extendable weapons in some event(s) in the near-ish future solely based on this ( Galeas ;) ) . Looking at Stormwing-Asmo, there are 2 main legions which are both full so it's pretty much impossible to get any of those weapons unless you're already in one of them.

I've been surprisingly enjoying the patch so far though.

• I don't think you're supposed to do everything. Regardless, extra pvp instance entries are welcome since we asked for it and we need it in this patch. Yeah it sucks that world bosses/altars are almost exclusively for big legions but perhaps GF will have the extendable weapons in some event(s) in the near-ish future solely based on this ( Galeas ;) ) . Looking at Stormwing-Asmo, there are 2 main legions which are both full so it's pretty much impossible to get any of those weapons unless you're already in one of them.

I've been surprisingly enjoying the patch so far though.

I don't have a static for Dreds, so I'm pretty much screwed. 5 IDs also take up a lot of time - depending on your enemies well up to 2 hours - which is kinda annoying. It's getting harder and harder to keep up in any meaningful way. It really has become impossible to play this game rather casually with all these over the top progression-systems. You're already far behind if you don't have a proper legendary transformation at this stage.

...and yeah, maybe I'm not supposed to do everything, but that's not how MMORPGs work - especially not this one where the economy is so heavily starved on core items that you're forced to do as much as possible to keep up.

• you're forced to do as much as possible to keep up.

Yeah.. You just have to leave this idea behind to force yourself to do everything the game offers. There's literally so much going on that a casual gamer never can live up to cores.

But you know.. For people like us I can recommend to enjoy the things you can do and not to lament about things you cannot. That's how it was since 5.0 and still is today.

Romolom - Odin Asmodier

They say nothing is impossible.. But I do nothing everyday.

• I don't have a static for Dreds, so I'm pretty much screwed. 5 IDs also take up a lot of time - depending on your enemies well up to 2 hours - which is kinda annoying. It's getting harder and harder to keep up in any meaningful way. It really has become impossible to play this game rather casually with all these over the top progression-systems. You're already far behind if you don't have a proper legendary transformation at this stage.

...and yeah, maybe I'm not supposed to do everything, but that's not how MMORPGs work - especially not this one where the economy is so heavily starved on core items that you're forced to do as much as possible to keep up.

I mean, i don't have a static for dredges/ID either. I queue with 1 friend, sometimes 2. Yes it's a coin toss, especially since we're chanter/bard so the game thinks that our group doesn't need a cleric most of the times. Can still win vs bad premades or okay ones as long as your group isn't super bad...again, coin toss. I don't have a physical legendary, i have a tahabata, which was nice for when i was playing sorc but now it's kinda useless unless i need to start healing in dredge all of a sudden.

Seeing all the altar and open world boss stuff that is almost exclusive to legions does makes me miss the times when i was playing in NA in the best IS-A legion but y'know.

• It's better to have more options and take the ones that you think you can do than be limited in options, therefore limited in rewards, limited in content and get bored pretty fast. A lot of famous mmo's offers a variety of options to choose from.

I didn't like it when we did all in a day and then asked ourselves whats there to do, so basically log out till the next week reset.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

• Raizel with the high amount of entries you can now descide to what you prefer. You can still just do your daily 2 A-Dredgions or whatever you want. No one if forced to do do all instances every day. The game gives you more options than before and that can not be a bad change in my opinion.

~ Sparx ~

• Raizel with the high amount of entries you can now descide to what you prefer. You can still just do your daily 2 A-Dredgions or whatever you want. No one if forced to do do all instances every day. The game gives you more options than before and that can not be a bad change in my opinion.

~ Sparx ~

While I do get your point, it's still highly improbable if you take the social element into account.

• Early feedback:

Pros:

• More content and things to do every day.
    • More sieges per week.
    • Flying areas.
    • Speed stat in leveling gear.
    • We can see some light again in the new map.

Cons:

• Bad siege distribution in the week. It would be better to have 2 forts everyday than 3 forts 4 days a week.
    • Again for marketing purposes a new op class introduced (Painter) creating even more imbalance.
    • Hard to navigate the new map. Airstreams helps but still the design is very bad. You put NPCs and stuff hanging out on top of cliffs and inside mountains on shared map... why?
    • NPC for campaign quest appears only specific times on stellucia.
    • Recycled map and content from previous aion versions. Same mobs, graphic objects and details.
    • Again the low ress outdated textures.
    • Recycled guards from old south katalam to prevent pvp in specific areas.
    • It's a version that punishing solo players.
    • Nonexistent open world loot so far.
    • New manastones are untradable.
    • Mixed up pve quests in the opposite faction's area. Really, why i need to visit the other faction's area literally 20 meter away from their spawn base only to finish a pve quest?
    • Skyrocketing GP prices with the new elite vr levels.
    • Lugbug bundle rewards are useless for endgame.
    • Evolution system from old to new gears is insulting. Any old gear that isn't +15 ultimate is worthless to be upgraded into new tier. (Your "longterm" goals)
    • New log in screen is suitable for an asian visual novel. Not for a hardcore mmo.
    • Again reset of the honor points.
    • This time reset was without compensation.

Legend of the Kaisinel Temple

• Siege is fine on the days selected, including all 3 forts, however there is massive issue at the moment, the the p2w people are managing to gain rank 1 on all 3 forts. The gap to gain rank is going to be worse then before. The siege system should have been 1 Battle league (almost 400) to each fort. PArt of this issue is the fact that the Gate to Divine Siege is bugged on Tues/Thurs/Sat so it appears 20 mins into the Siege. We do not need siege more days of the week.

The best thing gameforge could do the game right now regarding Siege and Altar sieges is reduce the legion cap down to 120 people. At the moment, all it has done is brought out the worst most selfish people in the game and stuck them all in the same legion

Also the Health of the Balaur in Dumaha needs to be reduced and less of them.

The Entire Lakrum part of this patch is extremely insulting to the entire Aion Community. having to re-gear AGAIN in the same instances is downright annoying, especially that the drop rate is bad bad bad bad bad bad bad. It wouldn't have been so bad if there was new instances, but no, we got easier prom and makarna, worse drop rate and people can duo/solo/triple them in about an hour and have no runs left for the rest of the week. Senekta A Rank is pretty much useless, people spent most of 6.2 and 6.5 getting ready for it, and 7.0 just made it into a useless instance, because frankly getting 18 people to do it is too much organising.

• My biggest concern is pvp gear progression as it takes 25% more resources to upgrade your gear compared to 6.5 and the drop rate has been nerfed to the ground. Also, manastones are still super rare.