Aion is no longer aion!

• I decided to come back give aion yet another chance only to find that the gap between PvP gears has to be the worst ncsoft has created. This is the deciding factor as I love PvP but this isn’t aion PvP anymore

I just don’t understand how a gaming company can repeatedly get it wrong and then wrong again.

The previous versions it was possible to kill someone with better gear but now....... you get 2 hit every time regardless of any buffs or shields you use.

I just cannot get my head around how they came up with this and think this is acceptable?

I know it’s not gameforge and I know they can’t do anything but gameforge invest your money in a game which isn’t dying. aion is one of the many games where the developers have gone stark raving mad, drive the players away and the game closes.

6 years I’ve played aion but I just can’t play this anymore. Maybe one day in the future gameforge can get more into the development of the game but I doubt it would happen and until that day it’s goodbye aion it’s been fun and emotional!

• I just don’t understand how a gaming company can repeatedly get it wrong and then wrong again.

Because getting paid by a few huge whales > having a bigger yet less generous playerbase. It's all about the short term coin.

• Aion now days is newcomers friendly I say compared to last patches. This patch is most PVE u don't even have to bother with pvp tbh.

Only problem I see is the lack of upgrade materials to improve you re gear like Enchantmentstones/Fragments/Daeva Boxes and transformation contracts.

• Aion now days is newcomers friendly I say compared to last patches. This patch is most PVE u don't even have to bother with pvp tbh.

Only problem I see is the lack of upgrade materials to improve you re gear like Enchantmentstones/Fragments/Daeva Boxes and transformation contracts.

It is definitely not newcomers friendly, way way way away from it. Try to reroll and see the struggle ;) 0 materials, everything overpriced, no progresses at all, kinah/work ratio is terrible....

Compared to 5.x you could just simply buy the gear and be done with it, 4.x you could buy AP gear also etc. PVE wise we had events with gear boxes, so doing makarna or later narakkalli HM was soon not worth either.. Ppl cried on previous patches because they had no clue how to farm easy kinah and just get over it. So yeahhh, this patch is :censored: and tbh i wouldn't recommend the game to anyone new xD:D

Profanity.

- Zapiel

• oh this is a sensitive topic that i really like , i need to say i had a really long break from aion like from late 2013 until the begining of 6.0 and was so excited to play THE GAME again until i discovered that it has become

- pay to win 100%

- 90% untreadable stuff

- 80% old events

- 70% old skins

- 60% of ur free time just to farm kinah to survive , not evolve

- 50% chance to crash usualy during the sweetest moments ,like loot a piece of gear or during siege

- 40% of pupulation is alts and bots

- 30% is the percentage of PVP content left compared to early versions of Aion ( not even rewarding or fun any more )

- 20% is the actual enchantment overall personal rate considering the total number of enchantment stones used and the level reached on gear.

- 10% are the good things in the game atm and in this 10% i include my old friends , new forum and the few decent events that we have now and then.

Is sad to come back from the good old days and into this mess.

There are so many things that i could talk about but it is too late anyway.

😥

• I started in December from scratch....I play as casual, and I got now pvp weapon ultimate and legendary /ultimate pvp acs . I got this gear by doing mostly afk stuff.

In rest just pve with randoms and play when events are.

1st thing I did I lvled 2 alts...for easyer kinah I bought 10 gps.then I started do instances for kinah etc.

in 4months I can say starting from scratch im FULL ultimate pve armor just missing 4 makarna accs.

U can still enjoy the game as a new player at least pvewise, this is my opinion at least im casual player. And I don't do much pvp just siege..nothing else cuse no time.

But as a newcomer only thing u need do at start is get 1 GOLDPACK after with rewards u get, u basically pay for you re next goldpack just easy as that

Yes we need more materials for upgrade stuff ...ofc...cuse its 1 thing getting you re gear and another thing +15 it all :)

• - 90% untreadable stuff

- 40% of pupulation is alts and bots

- 30% is the percentage of PVP content left compared to early versions of Aion ( not even rewarding or fun any more )

- 20% is the actual enchantment overall personal rate considering the total number of enchantment stones used and the level reached on gear.

Almost everything being untreadable is really annoying and don't fit mmorpg at all. Trading allows players to choose what activity in game they like the most, do it and be rewarded in various ways by trading for other stuff. I don't even understand reasons for making everything untreadable anymore, because there are ways to get "untreadable" stuff anyway (enchantment stone bundles, selling instance loot, selling daevanion shugos, selling enchanted stigmas and even stigma enchantment stones), it only add unnecessary step in trading, which requires trust and encourages scammers. Stuff that you can trade only through broker I understand, don't agree, but at least understand - kinah sink.

Don't know about bots, but requirement to play billions of alts to keep up is cancerous. It shouldn't be so that you gain more progression on your main, by playing alt rather than main (kinah farm, transformation scrolls, cubelets, dungeon drops, luna instances for stigma enchantments).

PvP is for sure really small - arena is not rewarding, seasons bugged, A dred is just a pve rush bosses, almost no runatorium entries, nevi canyon half people afk, open world pvp is not rewarding (no hero trials as of yet), sieges are lag fest on low to mid range computers. Even dieing in open world lost it's charm and excitement, because you don't lose AP anymore and even if you did, AP is much less worth it now, than before.

RNG in this game just gets bigger and bigger, for example idk when or even if I get legendary transformation (my personal record is failing 13 x6 green fusions and 1 x6 ancient fusion in a row, that's something like 1% chance).

Player base - we want less RNG and more rewarding gameplay

Developers - we value your feedback and want to provide you with sense of pride and accomplishment by bringing .... RNG

• Nope, definitely not newcommer friendly.

6.5 nearly killed all my alts (also Sorcs, with a mix of garden/legendary gear with correct enchants, most of them around 12k magic attack) and the magic defense increase buffs made it rly tough to even bother doing HT (10k dmg freezing wind on Air Strike machines...no thx) Do I need to mention they also have 45% cast speed xform and still struggle to squeeze in 3-4mil dmg.

All this rant aside, the new players (random newbies or returnees) are doing like 1-2mil total dmg in HT so they need to be carried or risk wiping on that boss several times. #great-patch

• That there is only one kind pvp gear is really good I think. We can buy the same gear for gen crystal. Or we can craft an other type. So I am happy with that. I can use reidentification, or just reroll only one stat.

Yes, we have to improve it.

Crafting is much easier, I always love crafting.

But I miss so much the TRADABLE old skins. I hate the transform scrolls, missing the old attack speed, cast speed, etc scrolls. And I hate that transformation potions too.

Oh, I miss Altgard and Morheim... And Pandaemonium is so empty...

It is not new player friendly. New players reach too fast the end level, they do not know how to use their class. They are not welcome in runa or other places because of their poor gear... Or if your minion is rank C...

• Gear progression is a lot better now and yes you're gonna get dumpstered almost always in pvp when you're starting but the game is throwing at you a lot of stuff to do for money and materials. All you need is a gold pack and you're good to go as a new player. HT and nara are easy and considering most people are somewhat geared, you'll be carried a bit. If you guys think progression is hard you should have seen how it was on nergal at the beginning when nobody had any legendary gear.

And I'm not even sure about p2w anymore, there's literally nothing to buy on the aion shop, it's all rng BS with barely anything valuable as rewards. This patch is 100 times better in terms of p2w compared to the previous years ( 5.x and maybe 3.x).

I do admit that we really need those hero trials, acquisition rate of legendary or ulti stones is abysmal and I'll be damned if I pay 10kk for a legendary stone.

• There are good and bad things about 6.x, unfortunately tho there are a lot more bad things than good

For example, there is a limit to gear now (+15 ultimate). However, it is pretty much not achievable by any means for a f2p player to get +15 ultimate (atleast without having 1000 accounts full VR), meaning the gap between p2w and f2p is still there. Its actually bigger than it was before. When i came back to the game in 5.8 i was able to kill people with +20-+25 full 80 abyss gear when I only had +15 lvl 75 abyss, but good luck killing an ultimate geared person in your legendary

Everyone is on 1 map now, not waiting to get zerged or camping outside enemy base waiting to do your daily quest. However, the map itself is full of bugs and is so dark I have trouble seeing 90% of the time unless I turn my brightness up to the point my screen starts to look grey. Invisible walls, windstreams that send u into Africa and OW itself was pretty dead, atleast until HT when it was just a zerg nightmare. Personally I saw this as a missed opportunity by Ncsoft to somehow fit into the Aion storyline the return of Katalam - ask pretty much any Aion player their favourite map and 95% will say Katalam

Only takes a few hours to reach endgame, as opposed to the ridiculous slow progression of reaching 75 in 5.x, but the game sacrifices pretty much (in my opinion) everything that made Aion what it was and what made it fun, in order to rush to 80. All the classic maps removed, sure some were pretty ugly, but those locations were special to the players because of the memories that were created there. All the best instances in Aion removed or altered so you pretty much can't do it solo, or require a group which nobody does because of the rush to 80. I didn't mind playing solo sometimes, at least levelling, however in the past the fastest way to reach endgame was to do instances with other people. I actually met a lot of my friends in game doing random instances and created some long lasting friendships. Sometimes I would even stop levelling and go join some lowbies trying to do DC or DP to help them finish, because it was fun, but everything in 6.x to 80 is completely solo and destroyed all the diversity you could experience levelling. You can't even farm lowbie instances for skins anymore, one of my favourite things to do in my spare time

Lowbie rifting is gone. Twinking is gone. Trading is gone. Skin farming is gone. Fun instances are gone. Old crafting is gone. Skill is gone. Gear and transformation is all that matters anymore. Class balance is probably the most ridiculous it's ever been. Some classes became 2-hit gods and others became dummies, but i think the biggest showcase of class balance *sarcasm* is passing another healer in open world (as a healer yourself) and not even bothering to fight them because you know that to kill the other, bard chanter or cleric, is impossible unless one of you completely outgears the other. I actually miss the old "whoever silence covers first wins", greater healing potion and long CD for remove shock. It was these old mechanics that gave aion its true uniqueness in pvp and separated the good players from the bad ones. Back to present day and you have things like undispellable silences, 50% of skills removed or merged with others and those old mechanics are thrown out the window as basically, even if you was to cover first or stunlock someone, if that person has more gear they will survive just to kill you in 4 hits. Oh and good luck kiting in your ancient form when your enemy has legendary:sleeping:

Bit of a rant, but these are just some of my thoughts. As u said, aion isnt aion anymore xd

tumblr_npu9hwGpxp1t67sx6o1_400.gif&key=efaae53e79ac92673a90611bd9091d2461437280e81a1159e5f8a67e68cce0bd