Classic = same way as Retail ( soon empty )

• Hello players and GF Team It's sad to write this, but necessary .

Everyone waited classic sooo long and its soooo sad to see it after few months almost empty.

This situation is typical for GameFroge .

For example DPS metter , how u can tolerate this? Its not part of the game.

DPS metter is the best way how to dicscriminate players.

Next thing , big racism on server, how is possible the players can kick others from instances only cuz of their nationality?

About bots...its waste of time to say anything :D

U should to think about yourself

Edited once, last by Kimi1 ().

• Bad topic.

Racism doesn't exist on this game because people can't see who's behind the computer-screen. Anyone can pretend to be anyone, you will never know.

DPS-meter is good as it promotes competition.

Bots are the only good argument you bring forward. It's a major issue that needs to be addressed instead of ignored like it is now.

• Everyone waited classic sooo long and its soooo sad to see it after few months almost empty.

It's filled to the brim, are you playing on Tahabata or something?

For example DPS metter , how u can tolerate this? Its not part of the game.

Most MMOs tolerate third party software, especially DPS meters for ranking and checking player stats.

This stuff is as normal as beer in a bar. If you find this outrageous, you shouldn't play MMOs.

Next thing , big racism on server, how is possible the players can kick others from instances only cuz of their nationality?

Can you provide examples? The only instances of racism I have ever experienced are between Ukrainians and Russians who think they must hate each other because two monkeys they have never talked to in real life said so and they have no personality or thoughts on their own.

• its not empty, Weekends usely alot people playing. Weekdays is what it is. People have life?

Low level areas maybe beacuse more and more reaching to 50. There is some that leveling alts sure.

Most people wait for 2.0 beacuse there aren't that mutch todo atm.

Bots sure... they are many, but do they destroy ur gameplay?

I don't se bots sell items on market.

I see alot of bots teleporting + questing both on ely and asmo side and sure thats is stupid but even if they get ban hammer they keep coming back...

If People stop buying Kinah then they will eventully stop.

• For example DPS metter , how u can tolerate this? Its not part of the game.

Honestly, checking the stuff of a person was way too much of a hassle back then.

And even with the gear, no proof that the player knew how to play.

I'm not saying that everyone use DPS meter in a smart way, but when use correctly, it is a great help.

• For example DPS metter , how u can tolerate this? Its not part of the game.

Honestly, checking the stuff of a person was way too much of a hassle back then.

And even with the gear, no proof that the player knew how to play.

I'm not saying that everyone use DPS meter in a smart way, but when use correctly, it is a great help.

Well i understand his point of view. Yes it is a grey zone here useing 3rd tool party of dps meter like many other mmo. But if people starting flexing about this and useing this as excuse to other players and dicscriminate players for using it you may end up beeing baned beaucse you use 3rd party tool. I use it my self to improve but wouldn't tell player you suck beacuse i can see ur dps are bad you not have this numbers....

• But if people starting flexing about this and useing this as excuse to other players and dicscriminate players for using it you may end up beeing baned beaucse you use 3rd party tool....

additionnal game rules - DPS meter tolerated since forever

DPS Meters

These are currently tolerated, however any information gained from these tools will not be used as a valid claim in support tickets.

I use it my self to improve but wouldn't tell player you suck beacuse i can see ur dps are bad you not have this numbers

thats a smart way to use it.

however, while i won't tell a player he/she's bad because his/her dps is too low, i might refuse to take him/her if i see the dps is way too low for a lot of instance while he/she has the gear.

a player who has "no dps" but is also low geared, it is normal. however a player with "no dps" but who has a end-game gear or at least a very good gear, that might be a red flag to not take this person in an instance. (you might want to check not one but multiple run)

and even before we had a website to check dps online, when it was only AionRainMeter, we asked other players to do a test at Sanctum/Pande to check DPS. honestly, it was "as discriminatory".

and asking the player for the gear was not better.

(but yes, i can understand this point of view)

• Bots sure... they are many, but do they destroy ur gameplay?

I don't se bots sell items on market.

I see alot of bots teleporting + questing both on ely and asmo side and sure thats is stupid but even if they get ban hammer they keep coming back...

If People stop buying Kinah then they will eventully stop.

Yeah they do destroy gameplay because they ruin the economy.

People aren't going to stop buying kinah if it's not punished, Gameforge needs to BAN people that buy kinah.

Track a bot, see where the kinah ends up, and PERMA-BAN whatever account the kinah is traded to.

• How they ruin the economy when they arent even use AH?

And there is daily like 1.2mil? kinah to npc per day.

And at 40+ that is pretty easy todo so for everyone i notice price on items has gone up every week low level items has gone down abit but thats normal. But some low level items gathering items are going up in price to. There is noone farming them anymore.

• >How they ruin the economy when they arent even use AH?

You are wrong, they do use the AH.

>And there is daily like 1.2mil? kinah to npc per day.

thats why you see all the stores selling NPC items at a discount. These are botted items.

>But some low level items gathering items are going up in price to. There is noone farming them anymore.

yeah and it doesnt matter. bots are farming the high level gathering items used at endgame.

Gathering as a player becomes completely pointless with the amount of bots doing it.

• those additional rules are limited to aion live tho.

i don't think so.

well, the title reads aion live.

While that is true and the distinction on the board nowadays is live and classic, there was no classic when those rules were written.

On the other hand those rules allow VPN software like Battleping while some sources say that it is forbidden on classic. One example is from Daveius, yet there are a couple more and also it was mentioned on Discord (=heresay).

So for me it is unclear whether those additional rules now indeed apply for classic as well.

• On the other hand those rules allow VPN software like Battleping while some sources say that it is forbidden on classic. One example is from Daveius, yet there are a couple more and also it was mentioned on Discord (=heresay).

no, it does not allow, it tolerates the use of VPN "at your own risk", it means players can use it, but if they get ban because of it, they need to contact the support.

And since the DDOS attack prolly came from under VPN IP addresses, it seems logical to forbid it.

And some players used a VPN for other not legit uses - like buying cheaper aion coin.

PS: for some streaming content, i need to use a VPN, and i once forgot to logoff my VPN, I just couldn't login on my GF account. i had an error, something like "password/email invalid"

• Not discussing your inaccurate semantics of tolerate, does the statement of Daveius read like it is tolerated by you?

If they forbid such software due to recent events, which is their right, they should still adjust those rules you linked and inform players about that change, even if they do not need to do so.

Edited once, last by Angel ().

• i agree that daveius message contradicts the current additional game rules. i doubt common players care about whether something is allowed or whether something is tolerated. both implies no severe consequences.

• does the statement of Daveius read like it is tolerated by you?

did you read my whole answer?

And since the DDOS attack prolly came from under VPN IP addresses, it seems logical to forbid it

And if I remember well, they said they are prone to modify them at will if needed.

So the newest information is the valid one.

• Classic servers are actually doing pretty great, even when removing the bots! We are also at the end of the actual update so of course many players won't be back before 2.0.

Regarding DPS Meter, I can understand why some people don't like it. It is sad that it can be used to refuse people but it is also a useful tool that can allow someone to see what needs to be changed in order to perform more. That second part is the main reason we tolerate those.