AION Classic roadmap and the fast update schedule

• He (Desperation) is right though. For many 50s its just: login, do DP, Dred, Arena, Asteria/Roah and logout. I did around 50-60 DP (35S runs) runs on my Chanter and its not fun anymore because its really unrewarding when it comes to weapons. I only saw 4 Tahabata Weapons. Most people craft them anyway.

Desperation ... Maybe you should create a second character, get some variation into your gameplay or just wait for 2.0. This patch has not that much content. 2.0 will be way better.

I already play way less since last post here.
    I log to try searching healer for roah/asteria duo (before i did it everyday, now i spend 1h+ and dont find yet). Also cant find TL sell 3-men run - everybody need dps class for this. NCsoft made the game where you actually dont need templar anywhere.
    So, I do just 1-2 arenas and dred. May some scale farm cause bored to wait for healer for roah. Stopped doing rest.

So true, its kinda silly how easy is the game and people barely need templar anywhere. Ok templar can still make nice dps and an exp templar still better than an average player with dps class especially for PvP but many people ignoring that fact.
    Maybe 2.0 will be better since we get some boost etc

• „If we would have the original 1.x i would aggree with you guys, but we have a custom patch that is nerfed and much more grindy compared to original 1.x without KKM ap instances“

„I barely played the game and im with full dp set since weeks and have some ap gear too“.

Personally, I think that you’re contradicting yourself here. Let me explain why:

You‘re stating that this current 1.x patch is a nerfed version of the original 1.x patch. Though, in the patch we currently have, you are able to receive Groget-Gear basically for free in 2 solo runs. You‘re able to run TL, DC, DP A/S, endgame instances mind you, with said gear. Back in the day, we didn‘t have this luxury. People ran those instances with green/blue gear. Plus, apparently you’ve barely played the game and yet you have full DP gear for weeks already. That wasn‘t possible in the original 1.x patch.

It‘s true that we have no KKM. Yet this game came out around 3 months ago. We have no KKM, so according to you, it‘s harder to farm AP. Then please tell me, why exactly are there people with Full AP Gear/ Full AP Accessories after ~3 months? How could you barely play the game while having some AP gear? Assuming that you don‘t participate in AP trading, how is this possible? Back in the day, nearly nobody had full AP gear after ~3 months.

As you see, you cannot just say that we have a nerfed patch while we have, in comparison, many benefits.

Edit: Of course, OW Drops are another story….

Edited once, last by PinkCake ().

• He (Desperation) is right though. For many 50s its just: login, do DP, Dred, Arena, Asteria/Roah and logout. I did around 50-60 DP (35S runs) runs on my Chanter and its not fun anymore because its really unrewarding when it comes to weapons. I only saw 4 Tahabata Weapons. Most people craft them anyway.

Desperation ... Maybe you should create a second character, get some variation into your gameplay or just wait for 2.0. This patch has not that much content. 2.0 will be way better.

I already play way less since last post here.
    I log to try searching healer for roah/asteria duo (before i did it everyday, now i spend 1h+ and dont find yet). Also cant find TL sell 3-men run - everybody need dps class for this. NCsoft made the game where you actually dont need templar anywhere.
    So, I do just 1-2 arenas and dred. May some scale farm cause bored to wait for healer for roah. Stopped doing rest.

Than maybe you try a 3man roah/asteria or a normal group for TL and not this ego-3man sell run shit, than you find again a group.

Templer is a group focused class, for such ego shit classes are needet who do more damage and can at least off-tank...

• apparently we have a different definition of new players.

There are no such new players by your definition. Why should a real new player who never played AION start with AION, no matter if classic or live? This is a 12 year old game with old graphics, old engine, bad support, etc. If you start AION classic as 100% vanilla you have to deal with veterans with 12 years of experience, high end gear, etc. If you start classic as 100% vanilla you deal with veterans with 12 years of experience, who mostly know their classes and every way and trick, to reach goals faster and better. So why the hell should a 100% new player who never played AIOn hate himself that much to punish himself with competing with veterans?

Well i'm a new player to the game, so they exist :)

But I agree that given the toxicity and unhelpfulness of most so called "veterans" staying is quite a feat, and only people liking extreme difficulty would stay.

• Well i'm a new player to the game, so they exist :)

Whats wrong with you then?

But I agree that given the toxicity and unhelpfulness of most so called "veterans" staying is quite a feat

From your point of view its toxic and unhelpful, from the point of view of someone who plays this game for 12 years its annoying to pull the next vanilla through a quest or dungeon....

• But I agree that given the toxicity and unhelpfulness of most so called "veterans" staying is quite a feat

From your point of view its toxic and unhelpful, from the point of view of someone who plays this game for 12 years its annoying to pull the next vanilla through a quest or dungeon....

Not sure why some people like to use the "annoying to pull the next vanilla through x dungeon/quest" card.

Can it be annoying for some? yes.

Do we have to force veterans to help newbies? no.

Still, this is a MMO where people are supposed to play together and not against one another. Plus, we have a fraction system in Aion. At the end of the day, it'll benefit your own faction way more to help newcomers getting a grip in the game. Of course, they (newcomers) should also show the will to learn and understand the game as good as they can (e.g. watch some YT videos before going into a dungeon etc.).

Like, it's not supposed to be a race but a journey. Plus, sometimes people have to put their online-pride down and help one another. It's not as if all veterans first started the game with full knowledge and gear. Someone has helped them, too.

Just my two cents.

Edited once, last by PinkCake ().

• the community was toxic at release and still is toxic now. no change there, classic experience at its fullest. funny how players like to be toxic/unhelpful and afterwards complain that others leave.

• From your point of view its toxic and unhelpful, from the point of view of someone who plays this game for 12 years its annoying to pull the next vanilla through a quest or dungeon....

Some demands or people are just plain ridiculous. After playing Aion for merely 11 years, I met this ranger yesterday, quoting some 1.1k Adma run from MyAion to our tank to explain why they're scared to do DP A with someone. While I do tend to research people, it's pathetic to worry about it in this case. Same with the demands for +10 weapons to do simple instances.

This content isn't too serious, that's why people can do it even without scrolls or without stigmas or doing some outdated skill rotation from 2009 while showing zero awareness for their group.

It is annoying to tell some chanter to even buff their group members 4 times before they consider doing it, just like it sucks to have some "pro" gladiator blaming someone while a failure or issue might be the result of a careless play style.

I don't know why Gameforge provided such a reason for a delay, as it seems more likely that they're simply not ready for the update yet if we consider that there's no majority for this opinion. The patch feels broken, and it's much easier than even old 2.7 where you did more group content for a while and just dreamed of gold gear below level 50.

Players should remain reasonable, after all. The "veterans" differ way too much anyway. Some played 12 years ago, while others played for 12 years. That's a huge difference.

Then please tell me, why exactly are there people with Full AP Gear/ Full AP Accessories after ~3 months? How could you barely play the game while having some AP gear? Assuming that you don‘t participate in AP trading, how is this possible? Back in the day, nearly nobody had full AP gear after ~3 months.

Back then, I even knew this guy grinding abyss guards to buy level 30 gear in 3.x. But in fact, people usually didn't pay others for AP instances. Not everyone will be in the position to get 1m+ out of somewhere every day to buy those. :tea:

I did like the level 50 content back then, but mainly when you did not meet people hunting down kisks in Heiron at 7 am. :pillepalle:

signa676782akgh.jpg

• Any idea when 2.0 is coming?

Last time I heard was "in August", which is really vague.

I presume if they can't specify an exact date, there are some problems.

• Any idea when 2.0 is coming?

Last time I heard was "in August", which is really vague.

I presume if they can't specify an exact date, there are some problems.

Well, you could think it will be released on 16.08 - because thats the day when the upcoming BP ends.

I personally think it was a lie saying "we delay because community wants it like that - majority clearly didnt want the delay". In reality there are other reasons. However, the player number declining or people just come online for there daily and log off again. Its really boring atm.

• Well, you could think it will be released on 16.08 - because thats the day when the upcoming BP ends.=

I personally think it was a lie saying "we delay because community wants it like that - majority clearly didnt want the delay". In reality there are other reasons. However, the player number declining or people just come online for there daily and log off again. Its really boring atm.

I am one of those the logs on for daily, and logs off again.

I find 1.9 utterly boring, and thought starting EU Aion Classic at that level was a bad idea from day one. 2.0 is far superior, better gear, more AP, more interesting instances, and better daily quests for medals etc.