too many hackers

• You do know how to lose players, indeed. These programs caused various issues in the past, including the removal of legit players. Similar to the anti-ddos measures taken previously. So it's a double-edged sword.

In that case, what do you suggest? Leave everything as it is, let the bots farm, and let the cheaters continue to dominate?

In fact, I don't know people who left Aion because there is a bunch of botters in groups killing off mobs in Heiron or wherever. They might have some influence on the economy and buyers gain unfair advantage, but most people who left recently were just bored with the current patch.

Just because you don't know people like that doesn't mean they don't exist. I ve asked my fellow guildmates and streamers the reason for leaving and one of the reasons for leaving was specifically cheaters (speedhack, see through invis with no skills or items, blink, teleport, etc.)

• In that case, what do you suggest? Leave everything as it is, let the bots farm, and let the cheaters continue to dominate?

In my opinion, it's the support's duty to deal with it. If you punish cheaters and kinah buyers properly, there will be less of those. Just banning some botters is pointless, though. The kinah and its buyers have to be tracked down properly and receive some more severe punishment. However, while players dislike botters they dislike measures against it too. This is what leads to little loot etc. Probably one of the main reasons people might be frustrated in Aion.

Still, this won't be in effect within a very short time. So technical measures can support things, but all the positions have to be considered first.

Cheaters should be punished too, of course, but sooner or later the community will exclude them as well. It has always been like this in Aion. And even if it took them a while sometimes I can tell some stories about people that got banned for things previously.

signa676782akgh.jpg

• but sooner or later the community will exclude them as well. It has always been like this in Aion.

We might have different definition of "exclude" but are you sure about it?

Sure, some players had no-cheaters policy, but as far as I remember it wasn't really a case where well-known noani players from EoD (or other high end geared cheaters) had to struggle to find group for any instance, be it pvp or pve, or WB leagues as long as they disable their noani

• but sooner or later the community will exclude them as well. It has always been like this in Aion.

We might have different definition of "exclude" but are you sure about it?

Sure, some players had no-cheaters policy, but as far as I remember it wasn't really a case where well-known noani players from EoD (or other high end geared cheaters) had to struggle to find group for any instance, be it pvp or pve, or WB leagues as long as they disable their noani

Well, I certainly didn't play on every server. However, on the servers I played on, these people were not favored or completely disappeared after AiDPS uncovered them back then. Furthermore, NoAnimation can be easily discovered after all. Other cheats can be more difficult to detect for players, though.

signa676782akgh.jpg